Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Thiago Alcantara Player Thread (M)

Read 116437 times
      Kurt Cocaine
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 755 posts | 128 
      Re: Thiago Alcantara Player Thread (M)
      Reply #1288: Apr 04, 2024 12:43:19 pm
      Fair enough.....As you know not everything can be valued solely in economic, mercantile terms, the players financials are of no interest to me...after all an extremely wealthy American Sports franchise pays all the players, not me or you. Everyone is of course free to pass judgement as to his LFC contribution....but I regard comments like Good riddance infantile and mean spirited, and so call them out....(admittedly not from You.)
      His Liverpool contribution has been a 3/10 at best. Hope that clears that up for you... XxXX
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 850 posts | 165 
      Reply #1289: Apr 04, 2024 12:44:11 pm
      Childish comment.....He was a great asset who has had some serious bad luck with injuries.

So me saying adios amigo I won't miss you is somehow deemed childish?

He can go be someone else's problem for a change, we've paid him 10million the last 12 months to play 5 mins of football. That's stealing a living where I'm from.
      Kurt Cocaine
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 755 posts | 128 
      Reply #1290: Apr 04, 2024 12:49:48 pm

He can go be someone else's problem for a change, we've paid him 10million the last 12 months to play 5 mins of football. That's stealing a living where I'm from.
      He has something like 286 senior appearances since 2009. That's about 5 seasons worth of appearances in a 15 year career...
      Still, we'll all remember his 60 odd forward passes and two goals for Liverpool with great fondness...

AdiĆ³s is right  :lmao:
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,316 posts | 775 
      Reply #1291: Apr 04, 2024 12:53:36 pm
      His Liverpool contribution has been a 3/10 at best. Hope that clears that up for you... XxXX
      As I say you can think and say what you like...What you say neither hurts my pocket, nor breaks my bones. My mind was and is clear a a proverbial bell...thank you for your concern.
      Millsy75
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 306 posts | 47 
      Reply #1292: Apr 04, 2024 12:54:20 pm
      The club didnā€™t get ā€œzero returnā€ from any of the players

And they didnā€™t refuse to Gini a new deal - he wanted a deal that put him at the top of tree at the club

Again can you tell us which clubs were looking to spend money on the players
      lets get one thing straight,it wasnt intentional by fsg ,their tight as  wet knot,thats why bellinghams at madrid🤣🤣
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,071 posts | 3437 
      Reply #1293: Apr 04, 2024 12:55:45 pm
      'issues with injuries"  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Give him a 2 year contract extension then. I'm sure he'll come good (sometime)...

Until the middle of last season when he got the hoop injury he played 100 games in 2.5 seasons and was a key player when we went for the quad

The hip injury last year was clearly very serious

What was it you expected the club to do
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,316 posts | 775 
      Reply #1294: Apr 04, 2024 12:59:13 pm

You didn't say Adios Amigo, that would be courteous and mannered...you said "Good riddance" that IMO is infantile, mean spirited and childish.  BTW when you say "We've " paid him, that doesn't include you....you haven't paid him a penny....Oh and if you suspect there's been a theft, perhaps you should call the police and report it, as is your civic duty.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,316 posts | 775 
      Reply #1295: Apr 04, 2024 01:01:48 pm
      lets get one thing straight,it wasnt intentional by fsg ,their tight as  wet knot,thats why bellinghams at madrid🤣🤣
      One reason and one reason alone why Bellingham is at Madrid and that is he wanted to go to Madrid....The End.
      Kurt Cocaine
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 755 posts | 128 
      Reply #1296: Apr 04, 2024 01:31:59 pm
      Until the middle of last season when he got the hoop injury he played 100 games in 2.5 seasons and was a key player when we went for the quad

The hip injury last year was clearly very serious

What was it you expected the club to do
      100 games  :lmao:
      He has 68 appearances for Liverpool in four seasons....
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,071 posts | 3437 
      Reply #1297: Apr 04, 2024 02:39:19 pm
      100 games  :lmao:
      He has 68 appearances for Liverpool in four seasons....

No he had 98 appearances for the club 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø
      Kurt Cocaine
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 755 posts | 128 
      Reply #1298: Apr 04, 2024 03:11:18 pm
      No he had 98 appearances for the club 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø
      Well 30 of those appearances must've been dinner dances and charity functions  :D
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,071 posts | 3437 
      Reply #1299: Apr 04, 2024 03:28:25 pm
      Well 30 of those appearances must've been dinner dances and charity functions  :D

Or maybe they were CL matches as well as League and FA Cup matches - but donā€™t let facts get in the way of anything
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,249 posts | 923 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #1300: Apr 04, 2024 06:25:29 pm
      Great player but never fit.....goodbye
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,183 posts | 1098 
      Reply #1301: Apr 04, 2024 08:22:11 pm
      Great player when healthy. For most of his career he hasn't been healthy. Sad story really.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,779 posts | 6738 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1302: Apr 06, 2024 12:13:23 am
      We all hoped for better but injuries cost us seeing anything consistently.

Having said that, when he was up and running, I honestly can't remember more then a couple of times, when he played that sweet pass thru or that pin point pass that split a defense open or being able to drop a ball on a dime.

I was hoping for a lot more of it but again injuries, then coming back from injuries and trying to regain form, then getting re-injured, sure hasn't helped.

Good Luck in the future Thiago.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,236 posts | 8573 
      Reply #1303: Apr 14, 2024 11:31:42 am
      Childish comment.....He was a great asset who has had some serious bad luck with injuries.

Sad to say apart from the goal v Porto he hasn't been that great, maybe for Bayern. Generally been a walking injury for most of his time here. His injuries this season have taken the piss to be honest.

Quick Reply