Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Thiago Alcantara Player Thread (M)

Read 111628 times
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Re: Thiago Alcantara Player Thread
      Reply #46: Sep 20, 2020 11:30:45 am
      Standard that isnā€™t it, always makes me cringe when other clubs nick our songs. They hate us but want to be us!

I know, that Wolves version of the Bobby song they sing for Jiminez does my head in. Their supporters excuse was that we in fact stole it from River Plate, so we can't accuse them of robbing ours. Even though we came up with completely different lyrics and their version is basically word for word the same as ours ???
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #47: Sep 20, 2020 06:30:31 pm
      Shocking player, outside of the boot passes and passing forward without taking a first touch, who does that??
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #48: Sep 20, 2020 06:49:31 pm
      Didn't expect to see him get 45 mins already, but can see the quality that is there.
      Wonder if he'll still be doing them little dinks on a freezing cold pissing rain night in Newcastle :)
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #49: Sep 20, 2020 07:25:43 pm
      75 successful passes in the second half there for Thiago.  More than any Chelsea managed all game and more than any other Premier League player has managed who has only played a 45 minute game since they started recording pass stats in 2002.

I'd call that a decent start.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #50: Sep 20, 2020 08:56:12 pm
      Certainly saw plenty of the ball didn't he, i actually felt like there was some sort of tractor beam on the ball at times, no matter where it went or who had it it seems to end up back at Thiago's feet! Gonna be fun to watch, best passer of a ball at the club since Xabi.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #51: Sep 21, 2020 12:36:32 am
      Oh wow. The Man is all Class and doesn't look out of place in the PL at all.

Thought that pen decision against him was harsh. Hardly touched him and he fell down like he'd been shot!

So that was Thiago after 1 and a bit training sessions. Now he will have a whole week to prepare for the Gunners!
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #52: Sep 21, 2020 03:37:34 am
      He was lovely to watch today, no doubt.... but he also had the benefit of playing against a side with 1 less player.  He was gifted time and space that he won't typically get in most games.  I still expect him to be a fantastic player for us, but just trying to keep things in perspective after his first game. 
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #53: Sep 21, 2020 06:45:37 am
      He was lovely to watch today, no doubt.... but he also had the benefit of playing against a side with 1 less player.  He was gifted time and space that he won't typically get in most games.  I still expect him to be a fantastic player for us, but just trying to keep things in perspective after his first game.
      If there was ever a player that doesnā€™t need time and space, itā€™s Thiago. Have you seen what this guy does when he is being pressed? If anything we will start to see his quality when we are up against it. Think he will thrive in the big games especially Citeh.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #54: Sep 21, 2020 09:14:17 am
      What a player imagine once he has had few weeks of training with the team!
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #55: Sep 21, 2020 09:17:12 am
      What a player imagine once he has had few weeks of training with the team!

Loved his debut.. touch, pass & vision.. what a beautiful player..
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #56: Sep 21, 2020 10:11:04 am
      Shocking player, outside of the boot passes and passing forward without taking a first touch, who does that??

wouldn't the phrase "shocking player" indicate a bad player or has slang flipped another word on its head?

I thought it was a sensational debut from Thiago, quite incredible. Once he builds more of an understanding with the other players he will be almost impossible to play against.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #57: Sep 21, 2020 10:17:42 am
      wouldn't the phrase "shocking player" indicate a bad player or has slang flipped another word on its head?

I thought it was a sensational debut from Thiago, quite incredible. Once he builds more of an understanding with the other players he will be almost impossible to play against.

Think you're sarcasm detector is faulty  ;)
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #58: Sep 21, 2020 10:21:10 am
      Think you're sarcasm detector is faulty  ;)

ah ok, it was sarcasm, so shocking still means bad, good. Its similar to when pundits say that something is ridiculous, to me that means its bad not good, its all very confusing, why can't people just leave words alone instead of flipping their meanings, I blame Micahel Jackson for starting this trend!!
      Kopite78
      Reply #59: Sep 21, 2020 10:24:07 am
      ah ok, it was sarcasm, so shocking still means bad, good. Its similar to when pundits say that something is ridiculous, to me that means its bad not good, its all very confusing, why can't people just leave words alone instead of flipping their meanings, I blame Micahel Jackson for starting this trend!!

Wait... hang on

So a player goes past 6 players, does 43 kick ups, 93 step overs and puts it in the top bin from 30yards and the commentator says
      Wow, that's ridiculous

You go from celebrating to scratching your head wondering if it was actually not very good?

I think my dog has a better grasp of reality 😀
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #60: Sep 21, 2020 10:28:40 am
      Wait... hang on

So a player goes past 6 players, does 43 kick ups, 93 step overs and puts it in the top bin from 30yards and the commentator says
      Wow, that's ridiculous

You go from celebrating to scratching your head wondering if it was actually not very good?

I think my dog has a better grasp of reality 😀

Sighhhh,
      No I am actually able to apply context to most things friend, my point is that the phrase "that's ridiculous", used to mean that something is bad or silly or stupid etc, now it means its fantastic, great. The meaning of the phrase has been flipped.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #61: Sep 21, 2020 10:58:16 pm
      This conversation is sick. It's dope.

I mean that in the good way, unless the good way is a bad way to you, like if you're sick from taking too many drugs, than I don't like it, which in this context is to say....I don't like it. Maybe.

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #62: Sep 21, 2020 10:59:43 pm
      Just re-watched the Chelsea match and Lee Dixon on American comms said Thiago doesn't kick a ball like anyone else, that he appears to have hands at the end of his ankles instead of feet, the way he controls and directs his passes.

jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 867 posts | 101 
      Reply #63: Sep 23, 2020 11:08:21 am
      Im thrilled..what our team needed was a couple of top Iberian Peninsula guys...go 'Pool.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #64: Sep 24, 2020 05:33:24 pm
      What a tremendous signing this young man will prove to be, mega excited to watch his progress over the season and what a start he's already had with us.

Fantastic acquisition for the club.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,019 posts | 2741 
      Reply #65: Sep 29, 2020 06:31:20 pm
      Redangel

• 8,084 posts | 966 
      Reply #66: Sep 29, 2020 06:59:59 pm

Just heard this on the local news, did wonder when JĆ¼rgen said heā€™d be out for 14 days and no other info on his ā€œinjuryā€. Hope him and his family are OK, Iā€™m sure the club will look after them and he recovers with no ill effects.
      Strange times we are living through, take care fellow Reds, look after yourselves and each other!
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #67: Sep 29, 2020 07:02:55 pm
      Hope heā€™s okay, but at the same time, itā€™s not a bad time for him to get it, cup game on Thursday heā€™ll miss, then Aston Villa which we can handle and then itā€™s internationals... nice period for him to rest and recover, especially after the busy season heā€™s just had with Bayern...
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #68: Sep 29, 2020 07:04:34 pm
      Iā€™m guessing no symptoms at all, just need to take on the chin and back to normal ASAP

Quick Reply