Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

Thiago Alcantara Player Thread (M)

Read 114381 times
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,225 posts | 1650 
      Re: Thiago Alcantara Player Thread
      Reply #253: Jan 08, 2021 10:18:13 pm
      It was Shaq who passed to Salah if I recall it correctly.

Watch it again who passed to Shaq ?
      liverpoolcore
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 104 posts | 10 
      Reply #254: Jan 09, 2021 08:31:45 am
      Can't take my eyes off him, best midfielder in the world.
      Haha I certainly feel the same as well, props to de bruyne tho
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,139 posts | 4893 
      Reply #255: Jan 09, 2021 09:42:13 am
      As much as we love our other lads this guy is on a whole different level isn't he.

Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,664 posts | 883 
      Reply #256: Jan 09, 2021 09:56:48 am
      His playing style is just so damn sexy and the best thing is that he can keep playing at a high level for 5-6 more years. His playing style doesnt depend on pace or physical strength. He is a passer and he can keep doing it for a long time to come, just like pirlo.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,790 posts | 2446 
      Reply #257: Jan 09, 2021 11:41:00 am
      His playing style is just so damn sexy and the best thing is that he can keep playing at a high level for 5-6 more years. His playing style doesnt depend on pace or physical strength. He is a passer and he can keep doing it for a long time to come, just like pirlo.

Yup he's an exquisite footballer so happy we have him at our club.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,725 posts | 847 
      Reply #258: Jan 09, 2021 02:43:32 pm
      F**k me what a ridiculous player we have on our hands here.
      I think this is what happens when you sign someone who is undeniably world class. We've seen this happen with Virg, Mo and Sadio (Mo and Sadio being the two which a lot of people will realize what we had once they leave or become older). They do things that you, as the person watching on TV or at the game, would not have anticipated and even less would you have thought it reasonable to expect it, but because these types of players are such above everybody else (even fellow professionals) they do it, regularly.

I think Thiago being here is a result of our recent achievements, our magnificent manager and our history. We have to exploit our position in world football and the fact that we have those players in our team (they attract each other) in order to always have one or two players of that quality in each of our lines (def, mid, and off).

I'm not a big fan of messing up the wage structure but, if Gini is set on leaving, I would be more than happy to see us bring Alaba in the summer. Another guy that I haven't watched one time without being amazed at how good he is. He flies under the radar but he is an amazingly versatile defender (from CB, to LB or even to CDM/CM with ease), quick, reads the game very well, good on the ball and, as far as I can tel from his profile on Transfermarkt, he is not prone to injuries. Type of player that solves a bunch of problems you might have in a team with class and elegance. + I like those types of players who played most if not all of their career at a top club like Bayern. They know and are used to nothing but winning.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,011 posts | 2087 
      Reply #259: Jan 09, 2021 02:50:09 pm
      As much as we love our other lads this guy is on a whole different level isn't he.

He really is! When was the last time we signed a player of his established quality? I can think of Torres back in 2007 but even then he didn't come with the cv that Thiago had.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,353 posts | 1024 
      Reply #260: Jan 09, 2021 04:48:39 pm
      He really is! When was the last time we signed a player of his established quality? I can think of Torres back in 2007 but even then he didn't come with the cv that Thiago had.
      He’s got to be the most established player (at the time of signing) that I’ve seen in my years supporting Liverpool, some 20 odd years. A player that’s won it all and still got some of his prime years ahead of him.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,532 posts | 3903 
      Reply #261: Jan 09, 2021 06:14:00 pm
      He’s got to be the most established player (at the time of signing) that I’ve seen in my years supporting Liverpool, some 20 odd years. A player that’s won it all and still got some of his prime years ahead of him.

Just needs to stay injury free and will become a legend here
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #262: Jan 09, 2021 06:46:30 pm

I can only think of Litmanen and Ince,  and they were a million miles away.  Players that had been there and won major trophies and played in the biggest competition and won them along with outstanding talent.   20m with a year left on his contract is still the bargain of the century.    It is as if he sees things in slow motion!
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 1074 
      Reply #263: Jan 09, 2021 11:35:26 pm
      I dunno if I've ever watched a guy that makes me giggle as mush as this kid. The way he manipulates the ball and seeing him pass balls in tight spaces while his body is at an almost impossible angles just makes me laugh. Im nicknaming that dude the spider, because its as if he has 8 legs and tons of eyes. World class
      « Last Edit: Jan 10, 2021 06:46:40 am by Breeding-Reds-In-The-434 »
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,725 posts | 847 
      Reply #264: Jan 10, 2021 04:26:53 am
      I dunno if I've ever watched a guy that makes me giggle as mush as this kid. The way he manipulates the ball and seeing him pass balls in tight spaces while his body is at an almost impossible area just makes me laugh. Im nick naming that dude the spider, because its as if he has 8 legs and tons of eyes. World class
      I like that. The spider is a good one. I was thinking something along the lines of '' the artist'' or ''maestro'' (not original I know), but I like the thinking behind the spider.
      Emlyn Hughes
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,632 posts | 128 
      Reply #265: Jan 10, 2021 07:11:52 am
      Easily the best passing player we have since Xabi Alonso!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,067 posts | 8513 
      Reply #266: Jan 10, 2021 12:48:02 pm
      For such a small lad he doesn't half win headers as well.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,142 posts | 257 
      Reply #267: Jan 10, 2021 03:27:00 pm

And he also can (and like to) run with the ball at good speed, fantastic!
      liverpoolcore
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 104 posts | 10 
      Reply #268: Jan 11, 2021 09:31:39 am
      haha yesss, special mention to coutinho tho
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #269: Jan 13, 2021 08:17:44 am
      Quote from Frankly, Mr Shankly
      He really is! When was the last time we signed a player of his established quality?

Never. We've turned potential into good players. Good into great. And great into world class before.

He is our first ever signing that is ready made world class when he arrived.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #270: Jan 13, 2021 08:31:02 am
      Never. We've turned potential into good players. Good into great. And great into world class before.

He is our first ever signing that is ready made world class when he arrived.

Are we excluding the re-signing of players?

Rush, cough cough! ;-)
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #271: Jan 14, 2021 11:31:24 am
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #272: Jan 14, 2021 11:32:46 am
      This lad will create chance after chance for our front against United..
      we should just go on the attack from off..
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,058 posts | 2744 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #273: Jan 14, 2021 11:42:24 am
      This lad will create chance after chance for our front against United..
      we should just go on the attack from off..

aye, my team selection has hendo sitting so we can do just that and through this fella. F**k the sliw build up let him pass through quick ball to our front 3
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,670 posts | 6685 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #274: Jan 19, 2021 10:21:44 pm
      Wtf are Didi and Barnsey going on about that he's not a goof fit for Liverpool??
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,725 posts | 847 
      Reply #275: Jan 24, 2021 01:56:58 pm
      Fantastic player. Sadly enough, there's always something in the way since he signed. After finally coming back form injury, he now has to play so deep (as a CDM) because Hendo is either playing CB or was completely out (last game). He still dictates the play but we really need him as close to the opposition's box as we can have him now. 

Quick Reply