Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Thiago Alcantara Player Thread (M)

Read 111612 times
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Thiago Alcantara Player Thread
      Reply #276: Jan 24, 2021 11:06:49 pm
      He has to cut those stupid free kicks out and those yellow cards.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #277: Jan 25, 2021 01:48:51 pm

He's just trying a bit too hard at the moment, perhaps also a bit frustrated with how the team is playing, he'll become an immense player for us. Its young Curtis I'm more worried about, I just don't understand his role, he's too passive to be an AM and not good enough defensively to play DM.
      Borg
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 317 posts | 80 
      Reply #278: Jan 25, 2021 03:21:33 pm
      Different league different tactics.
      His Bayern Munich forwards always had gobs of space in the box. Dealing with 11 defenders in the box in the PL is a completely different challenge
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,092 posts | 1632 
      Reply #279: Jan 25, 2021 04:17:47 pm

Don't mind them tbh breaks up play at times Fernandinho and Mctominay at it all the time
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #280: Jan 25, 2021 09:50:42 pm
      Don't mind them tbh breaks up play at times Fernandinho and Mctominay at it all the time

Don't like giving any FK's away mate especially ones near or around our box.
      rossyred

• 9,092 posts | 1632 
      Reply #281: Jan 25, 2021 09:59:06 pm
      Don't like giving any FK's away mate especially ones near or around our box.

Know what you mean especially  around the box but sometimes needed to break play up or stop counter threat and at least he tries to tackle which some clearly don't pulling out of challenges
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #282: Jan 25, 2021 10:03:24 pm
      I hear ya. Am sure he will settle it down once he really gets used to the League and has Fab and Hendo around him in midfield. He just needs to watch getting those early cards, seems every tackle we make these days in punished, whereas every other team can rip our shirts off almost and get away with it.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #283: Jan 26, 2021 04:28:39 am
      Different league different tactics.
      His Bayern Munich forwards always had gobs of space in the box. Dealing with 11 defenders in the box in the PL is a completely different challenge
      I don't really see where he faulted. The only thing I can say is maybe sometimes he waits a tiny bit too much before dispatching a pass and got caught a couple of times because of it but other than that I dont see it.

He has been thrown into a CDM role he wasn't brought here to do. I mean he surely can play it but we all know he is a force on the ball and not off it. I can see him in a double pivot in a 4-2-3-1 like at Bayern or either sides of the CDM in our system but because of the circumstances he is playing a very deep CDM role that, in my opinion, is keeping him far from where he can be effective which is around the box.

The couple of seconds he spends around the box here and there he creates something either with a clever pass that leads to a chance or by another clever pass that brings the move much closer to completion.

I think the whole team (including him) is suffering from so many people not playing where they should. Type of stuff that takes its tole after a while. We a direly missing Fabinho and Hendo in that midfield around him and it does him no justice at all.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 82 
      Reply #284: Jan 26, 2021 05:33:24 pm
      He makes the game slower and plays very horizontal, not much creativity or gravity towards the goal. Not so good. But give him some time and Klopp some time to teach him. He has the skills, so it should only be a thing of 2-3 weeks now where he gets serious game time.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #285: Jan 26, 2021 06:23:44 pm
      He makes the game slower and plays very horizontal, not much creativity or gravity towards the goal. Not so good. But give him some time and Klopp some time to teach him. He has the skills, so it should only be a thing of 2-3 weeks now where he gets serious game time.

Absolute nonsense.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #286: Jan 26, 2021 06:25:34 pm

Sorry but that's crap, he's having to play very deep at the moment, so can't be very creative, but some of his passing is beautiful.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #287: Jan 26, 2021 09:31:45 pm

He is what you should describe as proper footballer, simple pass and move, rather than pass and stand like a statue admiring.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #288: Jan 26, 2021 09:35:41 pm

Early Contender for the most ridiculous post of the year.
      You need to stop listening to so called experts on TV.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 82 
      Reply #289: Jan 27, 2021 06:14:27 pm
      You need to stop listening to so called experts on TV.

Didi Hamann says pretty much what I say. Of course you guys are above those "experts", but I listen to them and then I look at the pitch and so far Hamann is right. But as I said: almost all players needed some time to settle into Jürgen's system, so still very good hope Thiago will be an asset rather than a burden very soon.
      rossyred

• 9,092 posts | 1632 
      Reply #290: Jan 27, 2021 06:20:52 pm
      Didi Hamann says pretty much what I say. Of course you guys are above those "experts", but I listen to them and then I look at the pitch and so far Hamann is right. But as I said: almost all players needed some time to settle into Jürgen's system, so still very good hope Thiago will be an asset rather than a burden very soon.

A burden? You make it sound like he has been garbage , not saying he has been perfect but in line with how the team is functioning and if you think his passing is slow and sideways then the other two really are struggling
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #291: Jan 27, 2021 06:31:27 pm
      If playing forward passes slows us down then snails pace will do for me.

Dont care what Didi or anyone says, backwards, sideways, other sideways, cross, repeat....its moronic at this point.

Alcantara will move the ball to the right places, he needs players to move to the right spaces, hes an artist but hes restricted at the moment by his role and the teams system
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #292: Jan 27, 2021 07:22:08 pm

Didi Hamann talks absolute sh*te most of the time.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #293: Jan 27, 2021 07:26:18 pm

You do know some "experts" can talk sh*te also?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #294: Jan 27, 2021 07:33:10 pm

Thiago is the very least of our issues now.

He might be no Dejan "World Class" Lovren but not a bad player.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #295: Jan 27, 2021 08:15:07 pm
      Didi Hamann talks absolute sh*te most of the time.

Serious. To even align yourself with his weird statements is puzzling.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #296: Jan 27, 2021 08:20:11 pm
      Serious. To even align yourself with his weird statements is puzzling.

Happens all the time mate.

Some people think just because an ex pro says something it makes it accurate or somehow validates their own opinion.

I remember Corbally on here used Iain Dowie as his example to back up one of his outlandish claims one time.

rossyred

• 9,092 posts | 1632 
      Reply #297: Jan 27, 2021 10:27:48 pm
      Happens all the time mate.

Some people think just because an ex pro says something it makes it accurate or somehow validates their own opinion.

I remember Corbally on here used Iain Dowie as his example to back up one of his outlandish claims one time.

Speaking of Corbally he is going off big time on Twitter 🤣🤣
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #298: Feb 03, 2021 10:19:31 pm
      Not knowing much him before he came and listening to everyone else, I was under the impression he's gonna be a lad that can put it on a dime and unlock these low block teams with a killer pass. Just haven't seen it from him enough, seen glimpses but not what I was expecting.

Quick Reply