Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Thiago Alcantara Player Thread (M)

Read 111590 times
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Re: Thiago Alcantara Player Thread
      Reply #299: Feb 03, 2021 11:14:33 pm
      Not knowing much him before he came and listening to everyone else, I was under the impression he's gonna be a lad that can put it on a dime and unlock these low block teams with a killer pass. Just haven't seen it from him enough, seen glimpses but not what I was expecting.

Not sure people are on same wavelength at times so what might look a misplaced pass at times his really him being a second or so ahead of everyone
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #300: Feb 03, 2021 11:20:38 pm
      You'd think they would be on the same wavelength after a month of training with him, since he's come back!

Hope they get up to speed F***ing soon!
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #301: Feb 03, 2021 11:22:03 pm
      You'd think they would be on the same wavelength after a month of training with him, since he's come back!

Hope they get up to speed f**king soon!

You can't coach intelligence  or intuition I'm afraid
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #302: Feb 03, 2021 11:27:54 pm
      You can't coach intelligence  or intuition I'm afraid

Well Jürgen is a miracle worker !!

I have to say tho, our front 3 have both, just not all on the same day, lately!!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #303: Feb 04, 2021 03:31:42 pm
      Well Jürgen is a miracle worker !!

I have to say tho, our front 3 have both, just not all on the same day, lately!!

You can see Thiago getting more and more pissed off with the lack of movement in front of him, he often has absolutely no options of who to pass to, our forward play is horrendously static and slow at the moment.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #304: Feb 04, 2021 03:34:39 pm
      You can see Thiago getting more and more pissed off with the lack of movement in front of him, he often has absolutely no options of who to pass to, our forward play is horrendously static and slow at the moment.

That will all change when Mane and Jota are back.

We need to drop Bobby against all teams that play in low blocks i.e. all the sh*t teams we can't beat this season.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #305: Feb 04, 2021 05:29:11 pm
      That will all change when Mane and Jota are back.

We need to drop Bobby against all teams that play in low blocks i.e. all the sh*t teams we can't beat this season.

I disagree, I think Salah is the one who is almost completely ineffective against Low Block, mainly due to be completely one-footed, he is very easy to defend against, extremely predictable. Bobby at least has a few tricks and is of course great at interplay, if only the midfielders would have a go.  I totally agree that Mane and Jota would make a big difference but we also need more attacking midfielders, Milner and Gini is the very worst combination if you need creativity.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #306: Feb 04, 2021 05:38:33 pm
      I disagree, I think Salah is the one who is almost completely ineffective against Low Block, mainly due to be completely one-footed, he is very easy to defend against, extremely predictable. Bobby at least has a few tricks and is of course great at interplay, if only the midfielders would have a go.  I totally agree that Mane and Jota would make a big difference but we also need more attacking midfielders, Milner and Gini is the very worst combination if you need creativity.

100%. Salah without space is dependent on pulling those 1 in 1,000 dilly dallies in the box that usually end up with the ball being poked away and then having to rush against the counter.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #307: Feb 04, 2021 07:47:07 pm
      He played a lovely ball in the first half took out the entire Brighton back line, ball to the backpost, no Liverpool player was on the same wavelenght, reacted secinds too slow, ball wnt wide.

Kind if ball Alonso orvGerrard would play but a Torres ir Suarez would likely have been onto, thsts not to slight Mo or Bobby. They arent on the same wavelenght as Thiago because we so rarely play that type of ball.

It will click the more they play together.

Played a lovely free kick in the 2nd half then that nearly came off.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #308: Feb 05, 2021 01:25:28 am
      Still Rolls Royce and will absolutely crucial if we are to have any success this season.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #309: Feb 05, 2021 01:38:49 am
      Even though its February he's still kind of settling into this side and finding his feet.

A quality footballer who will shine here given time.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #310: Feb 06, 2021 12:57:38 pm
      Even though its February he's still kind of settling into this side and finding his feet.

Something that has massively been forgotten since he was taken out by the blueshite arsehole.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #311: Feb 06, 2021 04:05:26 pm
      I just wonder how practical Thiago is to this team. He's an amazing talent, no doubt. But, I dunno if he fits what we do. At Bayern, their movement in and out the box was off the charts, and that suits his passing abilities and creativity. Here, we thrive on winning the ball back and hitting teams on the counter. Thiago is a maestro, but I dunno if Heavy Metal football fits his game.

If there is someone who can figure it out, its Klopp. Thiago still needs time to get settled to English football and our squad. I hope it works cause he's amazing
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #312: Feb 06, 2021 06:42:50 pm
      I just wonder how practical Thiago is to this team. He's an amazing talent, no doubt. But, I dunno if he fits what we do. At Bayern, their movement in and out the box was off the charts, and that suits his passing abilities and creativity. Here, we thrive on winning the ball back and hitting teams on the counter. Thiago is a maestro, but I dunno if Heavy Metal football fits his game.

When was the last time we actually played Heavy metal football. That phrase should of been discarded when VVD signed. Very much changed our style to a more patient style when Big Virg rocked up.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #313: Feb 06, 2021 06:44:44 pm
      When was the last time we actually played Heavy metal football. That phrase should of been discarded when VVD signed. Very much changed our style to a more patient style when Big Virg rocked up.

Bit too F***ing patient in recent home games!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #314: Feb 06, 2021 06:46:05 pm
      Bit too F***ing patient in recent home games!

Lack of urgency or no fans to put a rocket up their arses is how I'm looking at it.
      LFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,715 posts | 36 
      • In JK I trust! YNWA
      Reply #315: Feb 07, 2021 10:06:01 pm
      No worries about his class but today was probably his worst performance for us.

Big fan of him and hope he settles quickly as I think he can be vital for us.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #316: Feb 07, 2021 11:17:30 pm
      Another yellow card in the first few minutes putting him and us on the backfoot early!
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #317: Feb 07, 2021 11:35:14 pm
      Another yellow card in the first few minutes putting him and us on the backfoot early!

Yea he needs to cut that sh*t out. I'll give him a pass since he's still getting up to speed with the intensity of the PL but I don't want him becoming a card merchant with those silly tackles.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #318: Feb 07, 2021 11:45:16 pm
      Yea he needs to cut that sh*t out. I'll give him a pass since he's still getting up to speed with the intensity of the PL but I don't want him becoming a card merchant with those silly tackles.

Yep, unnecessary tackles too mate!
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #319: Feb 08, 2021 04:51:48 am
      Yep, unnecessary tackles too mate!

For sure. Dumb ass tackles too. However, I think he steps it up a notch in a MF of Hendo and Fab. Wanna see that before I judge him
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #320: Feb 08, 2021 12:39:07 pm

Amazes me how many fans are slating him online. Especially after everyone salivated over him earlier in the season. He’s the same player now, it’s just the team isn’t getting results. We are lucky to have him and he will be key to any success going forward.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #321: Feb 08, 2021 12:44:52 pm
      Amazes me how many fans are slating him online. Especially after everyone salivated over him earlier in the season. He’s the same player now, it’s just the team isn’t getting results. We are lucky to have him and he will be key to any success going forward.

I agree, but he along with the rest of the team have lost their way recently, think back to how good he was in those first few games

Quick Reply