Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Thiago Alcantara Player Thread (M)

Read 111583 times
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Thiago Alcantara Player Thread
      Reply #391: Mar 26, 2021 11:21:22 pm
      Not sure if you're kidding or not, honestly.

They're called umpires and not refs, but in MLB it gets nasty.

Thought they were called Refs, myself!  ???
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #392: Mar 27, 2021 03:49:51 pm
      Not sure if you're kidding or not, honestly.

They're called umpires and not refs, but in MLB it gets nasty.

So you have players openly telling umpires/refs/officials to F**k off, I very much doubt it. In any case in most sports the Refs get respect, but not in football.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #393: Mar 27, 2021 04:16:04 pm
      So you have players openly telling umpires/refs/officials to f**k off, I very much doubt it. In any case in most sports the Refs get respect, but not in football.

Go on YouTube and check it out. It’s nasty at times. There’s no pushing/shoving but it can be face to face swearing and yelling.

Some of the umps are horrible, worse than your worst PL ref, but there’s no accountability for them thanks to being a union 
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #394: Mar 27, 2021 10:53:53 pm
      Quote from AussieRed
      I don't know what you watch sometimes fella. Any time we have to defend a set piece we are in danger with our backline!

I sh*t myself everytime.

That's the danger!!!

So that's your way of admitting that none of his "fouls" have resulted in a goal against us. So there's nothing really to worry about.

Case closed.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #395: Mar 27, 2021 11:21:16 pm
      What danger? Let us know of one goal that resulted from any of his fouls?

He got his card before half time but he's doing what Jürgen wants him to do. Press, make challenges, win the ball back, recycle it, create chances. Occasionally he times it wrong and gets a card, but he's still world class and would walk into any team in the world. Thankfully he is walking into ours.

He said Thiago's fouls put us in danger which is correct. Giving away fouls in areas where the other team can whip a ball into the box is danger. If the score or not isn't really relevant to what he said so I don't know why you're trying to be clever about it. By the way, I'm pretty sure Leicester's equaliser that led to our meltdown came from a Thiago foul did it not?

I really rate the lad don't me wrong- I think he's had some really unfair criticism on here considering he's had covid, had a bad injury and then been chucked into a team that had defensive midfielders in defence and an out of form attack. With all that being considered he's been good and we saw against Leipzig how good he can be when he has Fabinho behind him. However, the fouls are something he needs to cut out. In their half when trying to press to get it back fine but he's prone to giving them away in dangerous areas and against the smaller teams that might end up being their best chance at scoring against us.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #396: Mar 28, 2021 01:56:25 pm
      Quote from chats
      He said Thiago's fouls put us in danger which is correct. Giving away fouls in areas where the other team can whip a ball into the box is danger. If the score or not isn't really relevant to what he said so I don't know why you're trying to be clever about it. By the way, I'm pretty sure Leicester's equaliser that led to our meltdown came from a Thiago foul did it not?

I really rate the lad don't me wrong- I think he's had some really unfair criticism on here considering he's had covid, had a bad injury and then been chucked into a team that had defensive midfielders in defence and an out of form attack. With all that being considered he's been good and we saw against Leipzig how good he can be when he has Fabinho behind him. However, the fouls are something he needs to cut out. In their half when trying to press to get it back fine but he's prone to giving them away in dangerous areas and against the smaller teams that might end up being their best chance at scoring against us.

He was asked to let us know when these fouls resulted in a goal against us. When he couldn't, he responded by playing the man rather than the ball. The very thing he tears into Thiago for.

Many disputed whether his challenge at Leicester was even a foul or not. In any case, the goal was given because Firmino played the forwards onside.

You want players to put their foot in, not back out of challenges, especially in this team where so much emphasis is on winning the ball back. Thiago will concede fouls, as will most players. Most are mistimed challenges rather than reckless tackles. Besides, there are other players in the team who put us in more danger of conceding goals on a weekly basis, and have more questions to answer.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #397: Apr 05, 2021 01:06:29 am
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #398: Apr 24, 2021 10:03:59 pm
      What a performance considering he was the only midfielder for most of the match 🙄
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #399: Apr 25, 2021 02:17:20 am
      was brilliant...will never get why he was subbed???
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #400: Apr 25, 2021 06:36:19 am
      Bet he never thought he was coming to a team that would nose dive so dramatically
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #401: Apr 25, 2021 11:55:53 am
      Be fuming if I was him taken out of the team recently unjustly in my opinion and then one of the best players we have at keeping control of the ball when needed most taken off for Jones who showed lack of experience in the exact time we needed experience
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #402: Apr 25, 2021 11:58:19 am
      Klopp was totally wrong that he subbed him. Was our best midfielder and he's not a Muslim :/
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #403: Apr 25, 2021 04:19:00 pm
      Klopp was totally wrong that he subbed him. Was our best midfielder and he's not a Muslim :/

i dont think any of our players were fasting on a matchday.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #404: Apr 26, 2021 08:11:27 pm
      Jurgens biggest mistake on Saturday
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #405: Apr 27, 2021 10:27:41 am
      i dont think any of our players were fasting on a matchday.

No, Salah; Mane and Kabak were.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #406: May 08, 2021 11:16:41 pm
      Congratulations to Thiago on his first goal for the mighty red men, first of many for him I hope.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #407: May 09, 2021 01:40:24 am
      Yes, love how he listened to the shoot cries and slotted it beautifully...he's tried that a few times this season with no luck, this time it couldn't have been better timing!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #408: May 14, 2021 12:35:04 am
      Bump.

Best performance as an LFC player tonight. Bumbled one or two back passes but was the first time I have seen him pushing into the penalty area and really closing down instead of half hearted jogging.

Much better from him. 
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #409: May 14, 2021 09:38:28 am
      Been superb for weeks now.

Fab into midfield has let him do this thing.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 82 
      Reply #410: May 14, 2021 09:43:04 am
      I don't like him overall (though he's not bad at all, just had hoped for more). He's a more skillful version of Gini. I begin to understand those that argue that Thiago does not fit our system. I wonder what Klopp saw in him. Hopefully he'll be much more adapted next season.
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 495 posts | 80 
      Reply #411: May 14, 2021 09:55:08 am
      I don't like him overall (though he's not bad at all, just had hoped for more). He's a more skillful version of Gini. I begin to understand those that argue that Thiago does not fit our system. I wonder what Klopp saw in him. Hopefully he'll be much more adapted next season.
      And this is the final nail in the i do not understand football coffin.
      EarnedIt6Times
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts | 73 
      Reply #412: May 14, 2021 12:10:07 pm
      Two very different performances back-to-back, both good but different

Ran the show against Southampton and played some really clever passes; my MOTM in that game

Last night he looked like he was enjoying the competitiveness of English football, the cut and thrust of it. Winning the title a thousand years on the trot at Bayern must have started to get really boring for him. Last night he looked like he was up for the challenge of finishing top 4 instead of feeling sorry for himself that he might miss out on the Champions League next season. What you expect from a top pro. Given the leaders we've got out (Henderson, Milner, Virg) we needed Thiago to step up to the plate and he's not letting us down.

You could almost see the adrenaline as he remembered what football used to be like when he was a kid, when he didn't play for a team that strolled to victory without hardly getting out of third gear.

Was impressed with the way he put himself about last night, in fact he's been doing it all season and some lads seem to think he overdoes it but F**k that at least he sticks a foot in, sometimes two. Much rather that than some fancy dan who won't muck in and put a shift in, which was what I was worried we might be buying a year ago.

Media just about reluctantly accept that we've had 'teething problems' at centre back (I'd call it 'decimation' personally), but nobody seems to mention that we've also had a midfielder who got selected in the World XI last season missing for nearly half a season for us through injury.

Looking forward to seeing what he can do next season as long as he doesn't get assaulted in the Derby again.

When we strolled to the title most teams were beaten in the tunnel before kick-off. We need to get that back and an in-form Thiago's name on the teamsheet can only help.

Keep it up Lad. 3 more games.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #413: May 14, 2021 12:14:41 pm

If you can't see how much class and guile Thiago brings to our team then off to specsavers with you.

Quick Reply