Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

Thiago Alcantara Player Thread (M)

Read 116569 times
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,266 posts | 281 
      • Let's talk about six
      Re: Thiago Alcantara Player Thread
      Reply #529: Nov 14, 2021 08:42:15 am
      Barca want Thiago back. If we can get close to what we payed we should do it. Older player with injuries doesn't help us much. Top player in his peak, but he's past that now.

I personally do not think we should be getting rid of Thiago. Top notch player and still believe he will have so much to offer when he gets injury free and up and running again. He’s only 30 as well and far from past it IMO
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,299 posts | 766 
      Reply #530: Nov 14, 2021 10:03:47 am
      Seemingly not seen the best in Thiago yet. He needs a decent run of games, staying injury free, to make a fair assessment of the player's contribution to the team.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,263 posts | 4934 
      Reply #531: Nov 14, 2021 10:24:43 am
      Seemingly not seen the best in Thiago yet. He needs a decent run of games, staying injury free, to make a fair assessment of the player's contribution to the team.

Yea definitely think he needs a run in the side to see the very best of him but the nagging feeling I have is we will never get that lengthy run from him.
      « Last Edit: Nov 14, 2021 03:06:30 pm by srslfc »
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,157 posts | 261 
      Reply #532: Nov 14, 2021 03:03:12 pm
      Barca want Thiago back. If we can get close to what we payed we should do it. Older player with injuries doesn't help us much. Top player in his peak, but he's past that now.

Agree. I personally don't mind let him go IF we can get the quality replacement, at least someone similar to Youri Tielemans.
      As far as I see Thiago here at LFC I'm not convince he would reach the level we expect from him, mainly due to his weak physical and injuries.   
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #533: Nov 14, 2021 03:59:25 pm
      I personally do not think we should be getting rid of Thiago. Top notch player and still believe he will have so much to offer when he gets injury free and up and running again. He’s only 30 as well and far from past it IMO

This.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,338 posts | 6390 
      Reply #534: Nov 14, 2021 06:30:50 pm
      Don’t think it’s ever good business to get rid of world class players when you are already thin at the position.

I’d like to say I’m surprised that this hot take would be shared but alas nothing surprises me anymore.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,084 posts | 3443 
      Reply #535: Nov 14, 2021 06:50:49 pm
      Thiago won’t leave mid season , if he goes in the summer then so be it but it’s not happening in Jan
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #536: Nov 14, 2021 07:06:02 pm
      Don’t think it’s ever good business to get rid of world class players when you are already thin at the position.

I’d like to say I’m surprised that this hot take would be shared but alas nothing surprises me anymore.

He won’t be the last player to have been a team mate of Xavi to be linked with a return. Give it a few more weeks and they’ll apparently be re-signing Iniesta, Messi, Pedro and whoever else.
      For a start they have no money and are ruined financially so I can’t see them actually signing anyone, this is a team that couldn’t even afford to extend player contracts in the summer so any player with a transfer fee can be forgotten.  The fact they’ve re-signed 38 yr old Dani Alves I think says it all about their situation and bringing in players.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,263 posts | 4934 
      Reply #537: Nov 14, 2021 07:53:28 pm

Agree.

Can't see any way he would be leaving in January.

Hopefully not at all and hopefully he keeps fit and in the side.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,184 posts | 1099 
      Reply #538: Nov 25, 2021 02:50:23 am
      That goal left me speechless.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,755 posts | 863 
      Reply #539: Nov 25, 2021 04:19:02 am
      That goal was unbelievable. I was watching live and until the ball hits the back of the net I'm still thinking this is too good to be true, it must be wide. Then you see the replays and realize how much of a beauty this goal actually is.

The defense splitting pass on the Mane disallowed goal was also unbelievable. One of those things where you're watching the game (as a TV viewer) with basically a bird's eye view, you see Mane making the run and yet you dont see it, it doesn't click in your mind until he dispatches the pass and a fraction of a second later Mane is through on goal. Then you're left sitting there like how? It looks so obvious once the pass is made yet nobody but Mane and Thiago had the vision for it (everybody else on the pitch, the people sitting inside Anfield and the audience at home, nobody is expecting it). Truly a world class player

I love having this player in our team. World class player. He just needs to stay fit.
      Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 872 posts | 37 
      Reply #540: Nov 25, 2021 06:14:56 am
      Not sure you can hit a ball any sweeter than how he hit that ball last night for his goal. Absolute unreal technique, love to see him start contributing and few goals and getting a nice lengthy run of games in the team.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,084 posts | 3443 
      Reply #541: Nov 25, 2021 06:53:04 am
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,554 posts | 1784 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #542: Nov 25, 2021 10:04:44 am
      Twas a sweet as a nut strike.

Superb.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #543: Nov 25, 2021 01:15:39 pm
      Class act.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,244 posts | 8576 
      Reply #544: Nov 25, 2021 01:23:02 pm
      I love how the know it alls thought he was sh*te ;D. An absolute class act is Thiago.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,554 posts | 1784 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #545: Nov 25, 2021 01:27:04 pm
      I love how the know it alls thought he was sh*te ;D. An absolute class act is Thiago.

Even some pundits still wondering what hes all about. beggars belief tbh. only have to watch him play to see how bloody good he is.

Even the way he skips past players with a drop of shoulder, and his silky passing.

Amazing player.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,295 posts | 1666 
      Reply #546: Nov 25, 2021 08:21:07 pm
      Loved him since day 1 a proper footballer always a step ahead and not afraid to roll his sleeves up a show pony he ain't.  Good in the air took him a bit to suss the pace out hence the tackles but a super player who offers something again completely different than others which is great for balance
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #547: Nov 25, 2021 08:41:40 pm
      Whenever he plays ( and whoever he plays for) I can't take my eyes off him. ( Just too good to be true, you'd be like heaven to touch, I wanna hold you so much.. ) I'm in a silly mood.
      Redman7804
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 570 posts | 267 
      Reply #548: Nov 25, 2021 08:46:26 pm
      Rolls F***ing Royce
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,284 posts | 2835 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #549: Nov 25, 2021 10:09:23 pm
      Fcuk the goal the pass for the Mane offside goal, xxx
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,755 posts | 863 
      Reply #550: Nov 26, 2021 01:19:23 pm
      Fcuk the goal the pass for the Mane offside goal, xxx
      It was beautiful. Like I said above, that's when you know you've got a player with great vision, apart from the runner (Mane) and him, 99% of the people watching that game (including the 20 other players on the pitch) had no idea this pass was coming before he dispatched it. Just beautiful
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,084 posts | 3443 
      Reply #551: Nov 26, 2021 01:42:29 pm
      They clearly fecked up the VAR as the line was on Manes arm

Quick Reply