Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Thiago Alcantara Player Thread (M)

Read 111734 times
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Re: Thiago Alcantara Player Thread (M)
      Reply #736: Aug 07, 2022 08:40:08 am
      It’s a blow no question, however, being so early in the season we can still expect a good season from him, we’re not going to win or lose the title in the next month or so are we, out of the negs there is alway positives and this could prove the coming of age for either Curtis, Harvey or perhaps Carvalho, it may even force Jürgen to go 4-3-2-1,

Best we can do right now is wait to see how bad it is and for how long he’s expected to be out for, then adapt from there, worse case scenario is the transfer market, hopefully it isn’t as bad as it seems and he’s back before we know it, 2-3 Games maybe??

Y  N  W  A
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,459 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #737: Aug 07, 2022 08:53:53 am
      Elliott and naby will start more games in August while he's out.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,331 posts | 1036 
      Reply #738: Aug 07, 2022 03:36:13 pm
      He’s starting to remind me of Sturridge. A ludicrously gifted footballer that just can’t be relied upon. Such a shame.  If it is bad as reported (I’d guess with a hammy that’s 4 weeks minimum) that’s such a f**king blow. Has a team ever had so many injuries in the first week of august ffs?!

Yeah but it's the usual players who are injured. We've known Alex and Naby are going to spend over 1/2 the season injured. Its been like that since they arrived.

Thiago we've known for at least 12 months is going to break down every 2 or 3 weeks. It's a certainty.

Jones is another who just seems to spend alot of time out with 'little knocks'.

4 cylinders in the engine room that are all defective. One of naby or Alex or both should have been moved on in the Summer and the money used to bring someone else in.

As it is they will both walk out of here on free transfers as free agents, no doubt still injured., at tye end of the season.

Milly will be as reliable as ever but I think it's time for Fabio or Harvey to shine in that midfield and give us that creativity I've certainly been looking for from midfield.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #739: Aug 07, 2022 04:02:33 pm
      Yeah but it's the usual players who are injured. We've known Alex and Naby are going to spend over 1/2 the season injured. Its been like that since they arrived.

Thiago we've known for at least 12 months is going to break down every 2 or 3 weeks. It's a certainty.

Jones is another who just seems to spend alot of time out with 'little knocks'.

4 cylinders in the engine room that are all defective. One of naby or Alex or both should have been moved on in the Summer and the money used to bring someone else in.

As it is they will both walk out of here on free transfers as free agents, no doubt still injured., at tye end of the season.

Milly will be as reliable as ever but I think it's time for Fabio or Harvey to shine in that midfield and give us that creativity I've certainly been looking for from midfield.

Would love them both to come in and do a job but I worry they aren't disciplined enough out of possession to make it work on our three. Not just anyone can come in and play how we need them to in our midfield.

Elliot and Fabio need more time IMO. We need to sign a proven midfielder even if it is just to add to depth now that Thiago is out.
      Don77

• 6,331 posts | 1036 
      Reply #740: Aug 07, 2022 04:24:17 pm
      Would love them both to come in and do a job but I worry they aren't disciplined enough out of possession to make it work on our three. Not just anyone can come in and play how we need them to in our midfield.

Elliot and Fabio need more time IMO. We need to sign a proven midfielder even if it is just to add to depth now that Thiago is out.

I see your point mate.

At the end of the day the stakes are high every week if you want the title. You can't afford passengers and players you sadly can't rely on. We have too many of those. The summer was the time to change it. We chose not to. And now we are bang in trouble.

The 2 young lads have to learn. There is alot of experience in the dressing room to help them.

I love Milly. But we need to look after him. Use him when we need an old head during the game. His days of starting 3 games a week are no more.

So, I'd be tempted to put Harvey or Fabio in next week. It's upto hendo and fabinho to perform 100% better than yesterday and make it easier for them to show what they can do.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #741: Aug 08, 2022 02:23:32 am
      For fucks sake...Months? No F***ing way!
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #742: Aug 08, 2022 01:53:18 pm
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #743: Aug 08, 2022 01:57:36 pm

Must admit, I wasn't sure where the talk of a long lay off was coming from. Klopp said Thiago felt it was bad but I don't remember seeing him pull up making a run, overstretching or anything like that, it seemed quite innocuous and nobody seemed to even realise he was hurt at first. For it to have been a long lay off it would've had to have been a grade 2 or 3 injury and maybe I'm wrong but I just didn't see anything to suggest that had happened.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #744: Aug 08, 2022 03:21:06 pm
      Must admit, I wasn't sure where the talk of a long lay off was coming from. Klopp said Thiago felt it was bad but I don't remember seeing him pull up making a run, overstretching or anything like that, it seemed quite innocuous and nobody seemed to even realise he was hurt at first. For it to have been a long lay off it would've had to have been a grade 2 or 3 injury and maybe I'm wrong but I just didn't see anything to suggest that had happened.

Fingers crossed!
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,459 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #745: Aug 08, 2022 04:07:49 pm
      Probably misses most of August then, which aint so bad as the busy schedule starts September.

Injuries happen, its the life as a footballer, only issue this weekend was folk injured at the same time, but most are not serious, sickness and knocks.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #746: Aug 08, 2022 09:47:37 pm
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #747: Aug 08, 2022 09:49:36 pm
      Won’t see him till end of Oct.
      rossyred

• 9,096 posts | 1637 
      Reply #748: Aug 08, 2022 10:01:11 pm
      Won’t see him till end of Oct.

Or even end of Sept
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,612 posts | 366 
      Reply #749: Aug 08, 2022 10:12:25 pm
      Every one of our midfielders is injury prone. Thiago, Fab, Hendo, Naby, Milner and Ox.

Huge concern  we aren't equipped to fight for trophies this season in that area.
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 791 posts | 275 
      Reply #750: Aug 08, 2022 10:25:15 pm
      There are 8 league games up to 1st October which includes united (a), Chelsea (h). Maybe he's back for Arsenal on 9th October.
      I think we need to be careful when he comes back. There are lots of games in October and November and he maybe can only play 1 per week of needs to be taken off after 55 or 60 minutes in most  of his games. 

CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #751: Aug 08, 2022 10:29:50 pm
      Every one of our midfielders is injury prone. Thiago, Fab, Hendo, Naby, Milner and Ox.

Huge concern  we aren't equipped to fight for trophies this season in that area.

How come we were able to fight for all of them last season with the same players?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #752: Aug 08, 2022 10:31:48 pm

He has never come back earlier than expected and don’t forget he will need to get back into training before we see him on the pitch again.

adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #753: Aug 08, 2022 10:32:58 pm
      There are 8 league games up to 1st October which includes united (a), Chelsea (h). Maybe he's back for Arsenal on 9th October.
      I think we need to be careful when he comes back. There are lots of games in October and November and he maybe can only play 1 per week of needs to be taken off after 55 or 60 minutes in most  of his games. 

Plus two Champions League game as well. Fixture wise not a bad batch of games to miss but going to need to see likes of Ketia and Elliot step up for the period.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #754: Aug 08, 2022 10:33:24 pm
      How come we were able to fight for all of them last season with the same players?

Because City have strengthened but you want us to stand still? 🤷‍♂️

LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #755: Aug 08, 2022 10:38:41 pm
      Absolute joke - 6 F***ing weeks after one half of premier league football. F**k off
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 791 posts | 275 
      Reply #756: Aug 08, 2022 10:48:43 pm
      Because City have strengthened but you want us to stand still? 🤷‍♂️

We have strengthened this summer, similar to City. They lost a few good squad players and added 1 very good CF, similar to us.
      I think our squad depth is equal to City's. If you look at the sub's bench for City v West Ham they had a few young kids on bench, similar to us.

We have a few players in midfield with a history of injuries but we have a lot of good midfielders to cover for the injuries. I'd expect us to play a  few kids in the league and FA cup this season, would not be surprised if we went out in the early rounds.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #757: Aug 08, 2022 11:44:50 pm

Where do people get this stupid narrative about Fab being injury prone? His last injury was for a couple of weeks in May. The injury he had before that was in February 2021, over a year before!!

His only injury of any significance was when he missed about 3 months back in the 19/20 season.

It’s not exactly being injury prone is it.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,054 posts | 82 
      Reply #758: Aug 09, 2022 12:11:48 am
      I can live with 6 weeks. It's not 3 months - these are the season ending injuries because you lose too much in these 3 months. You do not lose too much in 6 weeks. It also ends speculation about a transfer bc 6 weeks are not serious enough.

Plus, I do not think highly about Thiago. He looks good and do not get me wrong he's a gem for us, but plays not vertical (offensive-minded) enough for my taste. We have already two midfielders - Fab and Hendo - that tend to play horizontally and more defense-focused. I'd like to have a thrid midfielder along them that plays like TAA does. And my hope is that fate forces Klopp to bring Elliott or Carvalho who both seem to be more that kind of player.

Quick Reply