Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 19th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P21 W11 D8 L2

Pre-Match: Chelsea vs. Liverpool (Sat 20th September 16.30 KO)

Read 5602 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Pre-Match: Chelsea vs. Liverpool (Sat 20th September 16.30 KO)
      Sep 19, 2020 02:04:56 am
      So apparently we play an actual game on the football pitch Sunday. Pretty important game actually. You may have heard about it.

Thiago and Diego won't be in the matchday squad I'm sure, but we hopefully can muster enough quality from our roster to give Frank Lampard's world-killers a decent game.

I'm guessing:

Alisson
      Trent, Joe, Virgil, Robbo
      Fabinho, Hendo, Gini
      Mo, Bobby, Sadio
      Subs: Adrian, Matip, Milner, Naby, Jones, Minamino, Origi

Here's hoping the team can remind a few people, incuding Fat Frank, how good it is.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Re: Pre-Match: Chelsea vs. Liverpool (Sat 20th September 16.30 KO)
      Reply #1: Sep 19, 2020 07:20:11 am
      Other than City away this is about as hard as it gets with the flames of an old rivalry being fanned by the bickering between Lampard and Jürgen.

Clearly Lampard is no friend of ours and his players will be well up for this one. I think in all honesty this will be a real test and any result is a realistic possibility.

It may be a good thing that we play these early while they are still settling in their new players into their side but I'm expecting with both teams attack and both teams defence that there will be lots of goals in this one.

Joe Gomez really needs to improve on his showings recently and so too in fact does Virg. Both need to find the balance between calm and dozing.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,803 posts | 4909 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #2: Sep 19, 2020 08:00:41 am
      So apparently we play an actual game on the football pitch Sunday. Pretty important game actually. You may have heard about it.

Thiago and Diego won't be in the matchday squad I'm sure, but we hopefully can muster enough quality from our roster to give Frank Lampard's world-killers a decent game.

I'm guessing:

Alisson
      Fabinho, Hendo, Gini
      Mo, Bobby, Sadio

Here's hoping the team can remind a few people, incuding Fat Frank, how good it is.

I’m liking that X1 Robby and most probably what Jürgen will go with, I’d have Joel in ahead of Joe though, I just feel Joe isn’t quite his self right now and maybe needs a bit more time to get his mojo back, we won’t lose anything with Matip in alongside Virgil, so long as Virgil has regained his composure, 

We have nothing to fear from fat Franks new clothes, Brighton caved in eventually but had their own chances at the Amex, we are a bit of a different animal to Brighton & Hove Albion and we won’t be caving in, so for me this is a bigger test for Fatter Frank’s new clothes than it is for us, we have washed and rinsed our way through almost three years of domination and are more ‘Conditioned’ than most, in my opinion we won’t get tumble dried at the ‘Bridge’ but i do see us hanging them out to dry. 🤪🙈😂🙃🤪

1-2 Champions

Y  N  W  A

Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,537 posts | 2126 
      Reply #3: Sep 19, 2020 08:14:04 am
      Tough game as always. Last game featured 8 goals and i honestly wouldn't surprised if we say another 6-7 in this one. Chelsea have thrown all their money at attacking players and we've looked pretty shaky at the back ourselves. Most important thing for us i think is to cut out the defensive sloppiness and get back to being a more solid defensive side. Hendo and Trent have another game under their belt which is important (neither looked fit last weekend). I would not start Naby in this one, he's had a bright pre-season but I don't know, when he plays we just seem that little bit softer defensively (has anyone else noticed this?). Biggest plus from last weekend was the form of Salah, looked as sharp as i've ever seen him (funny when i was reading how terribly out of form he was in the all important pre-season games!).

Good news for us is Pulisic is evidently out of the game (he killed us last time) and Chelsea can't defend to for toffee. We'll score a couple but it's whether we can keep them out.

I reckon we'll win 3-2 in an exciting game. Hopefully in really controversial style that really pisses off lumpard. That would be the cherry on top! 
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #4: Sep 19, 2020 08:23:35 am
      I would be amazed if we keep a clean sheet, but at the same time neither will the chavs. This will be a high scoring game, but we have a much more settled team than Chelsea and I think over 90 minutes we'll win, I'll go 3-1 to us.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,101 posts | 4866 
      Reply #5: Sep 19, 2020 08:30:25 am
      Thiago straight in then?

For me it'll be the solid three in midfield with Fabinho, Henderson and Gini.

Usual front three and back five.

Tough game but one we can win.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #6: Sep 19, 2020 09:22:01 am
      Thiago straight in then?

For me it'll be the solid three in midfield with Fabinho, Henderson and Gini.

Usual front three and back five.

Tough game but one we can win.

Jürgen wasn't sure if he was going to be able to train on Friday.  Would think it would wait until next weekend.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #7: Sep 19, 2020 09:22:59 am
      Jürgen wasn't sure if he was going to be able to train on Friday.  Would think it would wait until next weekend.

No need to rush Thiago in, get him up to speed gradually.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,101 posts | 4866 
      Reply #8: Sep 19, 2020 09:46:34 am
      I was joking lads. ;D
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #9: Sep 19, 2020 10:58:12 am
      Cant stand these. Id rather lose to Everton or utd then to these. Everything about them turns my stomach.

Almost 2 months on from that magical night id love the same outcome. But 1 nil will do me just beat the bas**rds
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,528 posts | 6887 
      Reply #10: Sep 19, 2020 11:06:45 am
      Tough for a few reasons.  Away, Chelsea have brought in some very good players and we've stuffed them over a few times in the past 12 months or so - Super Cup and bit of needle after the Anfield game post-lockdown.

If Liverpool walk away with all three points it would be an excellent result.

Our defence needs to start sorting themselves out though.  Expecting Fabinho to definitely play in this one.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,756 posts | 238 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #11: Sep 19, 2020 01:17:03 pm
      It would be a great momentum boost if we can pick up three points tomorrow, very difficult fixture though I feel this is a great time to play them as they are still bedding all their new players in the starting XI.

I would think the only selection debate is in the middle to determine which one of Hendo, Ketia or Gini don't start. I think we are likely yo see Klopp's trust middle and Ketia on the bench.

----------------------Alisson-------------------
      TAA---------Gomez-----VvD-------Robbo
      --------Hendo-------Fabinho-------Gini-----
      ------Salah----------Firmino--------Mane---

Subs: Adrian, Matip, Milner, Jones, Ketia, Origi, Minamino
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #12: Sep 19, 2020 02:02:26 pm
              Alisson
      TAA Gomez VVD Robbo
        Fab Hendo Gini
        Salah Bob Mane

Close call between Gini and Keita, but cause it's these away, Gini is the more cautious option, to start game anyway.
      Then leave it up to the front lads to work some magic. Mo looked really sharp last weekend.
      Matip might be close to Gomez too, not sure how he's training.
      Hopefully the defense have been working hard, and Hendo has more minutes in the body.
      Good Pulisic isn't available, he gave us a hard time before.
      And like people have said, maybe not a bad time to play them while they integrate new players.
      Tough game, but I don't doubt the lads will go out there to get the 3 points.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,464 posts | 228 
      Reply #13: Sep 19, 2020 02:56:29 pm
      I wonder if this is the game Bobby gets a rocket up his bottom and is dropped for Minamino? I would love to see him start with Mane and Salah.

Fab, Hendo and Gini in the midfield 3. Usual back 5.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #14: Sep 19, 2020 03:06:54 pm
      I wonder if this is the game Bobby gets a rocket up his bottom and is dropped for Minamino? I would love to see him start with Mane and Salah.

I'd start with standard line up for this, but if Bobby has another shocker the I'd hook him.

I'm not sure why but I'm quite confident for this match, I'm sure the team will be as buzzing as us by the recent signings.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,912 posts | 8428 
      Reply #15: Sep 19, 2020 05:01:55 pm

I'm guessing:

Alisson
      Fabinho, Hendo, Gini
      Mo, Bobby, Sadio

Thiago might, he has international clearance ;)
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1464 
      Reply #16: Sep 19, 2020 05:52:33 pm

How about dropping VVD? He hasn't played up to his standards in the last match. He needs to be punished. Anyone with such guts? That mistake alone deserves punishment. Strike a fear message into all players so they don't mess around.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #17: Sep 19, 2020 06:15:57 pm
      NB: Team no longer available

I was tempted to remove Keita and add Thiago. For me, Wijnaldum is not offering anything.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,299 posts | 3868 
      Reply #18: Sep 19, 2020 09:35:32 pm

Standard 11
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #19: Sep 20, 2020 12:33:36 am
      Theme for today's match:

“Only title you’ve won and you’re giving it the big ’un.”

Come on Boys!
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,803 posts | 4909 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #20: Sep 20, 2020 06:29:28 am
      How about dropping VVD? He hasn't played up to his standards in the last match. He needs to be punished. Anyone with such guts? That mistake alone deserves punishment. Strike a fear message into all players so they don't mess around.

f***in hell, have you been shagging Heimdall ?
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #21: Sep 20, 2020 08:17:00 am
      So are we expecting Thiago and Jota to be in the squad for this game? I've been assuming no but it would be a bit dramatic, wouldn't it?
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #22: Sep 20, 2020 09:13:54 am

Standard 11

Looks like standard starting 11 but Gini needs to raise his game, and Bob too, to a certain degree. Although he can be poor, then turn the game on its head in a moment of genius. Don’t see that coming from Gini !

Quick Reply