Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Pre-Match: Chelsea vs. Liverpool (Sat 20th September 16.30 KO)

Read 5625 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: Pre-Match: Chelsea vs. Liverpool (Sat 20th September 16.30 KO)
      Reply #23: Sep 20, 2020 09:18:43 am
      Looks like standard starting 11 but Gini needs to raise his game, and Bob too, to a certain degree. Although he can be poor, then turn the game on its head in a moment of genius. Don’t see that coming from Gini !

Well if its a motivation thing then the addition of Jota and Thiago shoud fix it, because unless those two start performing they'll be dropped, its as simple as that, that is what is so great about adding quality new players to the squad.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,237 posts | 752 
      Reply #24: Sep 20, 2020 09:23:35 am
      Difficult game to predict, away to the chavs especially with our defence lately. It seems that I have left it too late.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #25: Sep 20, 2020 09:35:58 am
      Be stunned if either new signing make the bench never mind start with no time spent training with us.

Only calls I see is Matip or Joe and Gini or Keita. Personally for this one id play Joe st right back ans start Matip with VVD.Id have concerns with TAA positional play v Werner
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,918 posts | 281 
      Reply #26: Sep 20, 2020 09:44:33 am
      Chelsea being at home and having a more attacking outlook with their new signings, I think will actually suit us.
      We are going to score, the question is how many will they. Our back line need to start churning out performances. We need to start limiting opposition chances around our box, which was the key component to our results last season, even if it does dull down our attacking threat.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,660 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #27: Sep 20, 2020 09:55:57 am
      Chelsea being at home and having a more attacking outlook with their new signings, I think will actually suit us.
      We are going to score, the question is how many will they. Our back line need to start churning out performances. We need to start limiting opposition chances around our box, which was the key component to our results last season, even if it does dull down our attacking threat.

Totally right. We need our back down locked and shut well to get points from this one.
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 867 posts | 101 
      Reply #28: Sep 20, 2020 10:03:01 am
      Be stunned if either new signing make the bench never mind start with no time spent training with us.

Only calls I see is Matip or Joe and Gini or Keita. Personally for this one id play Joe st right back ans start Matip with VVD.Id have concerns with TAA positional play v Werner

dont like to see new guys rushed straight in, it smacks a wee bit of panic...See Man Utd / Fernandes.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #29: Sep 20, 2020 10:20:29 am
      Indo not agree that we should start Trent on the bench . Want him starting at right back. Werner doesn't scare me.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,973 posts | 1356 
      Reply #30: Sep 20, 2020 10:31:16 am
      Type of game to regain defensive confidence. Need high energy defending not dawdling out the way we did against Leeds.

Expect the midfield of Fab, Hendo and Gini and they will have to work hard to protect the back 4. Mo could be the match winner, he looked sharpe against Leeds and his pace on the break will damage them.

1-3
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,822 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #31: Sep 20, 2020 10:52:22 am
      Let’s get this straight, we will not be seeing either of our new boys today, I’d be stunned if Jürgen were to play either without time spent at Melwood acclimatising with their new surroundings, new team mates and fitting into Jürgen’s philosophy, what he expects from them and adopting a new regime for each player, it could be a week at least before we see any action from them and even that is a bit quick,

Be patient ppl, it won’t take long for us to be in full flow, and salivating waiting for us to play again!

Y  N  W  A
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #32: Sep 20, 2020 11:12:40 am

dont like to see new guys rushed straight in, it smacks a wee bit of panic...See Man Utd / Fernandes.

I agree with this. UTD chucked Van Der Beek straight in and I immediately thought, "you have no plan, you are just hoping big names will work it out." There are caveats of course. Ancelotti put James in but what choice was there. It's not like he had a purring team and he is just looking long term, to spice things up. Everton want to get rid of about 9 of their starting 11 and there is no need for delay. Ole and the popular press would have us believe Utd are a 1 or 2 players away from a revolution.. bollocks!!. They are grasping. Top managers like Klopp and Pep make them realise how hard it is. UTD are 2-3 iterations from success  ... provided they have a long term successful strategy and a top manager and owner comes along... otherwise they are a business trying to make cash until a takeover relieves them of the risk
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 633 posts | 59 
      Reply #33: Sep 20, 2020 11:36:38 am
      Chelsea have made a signing or 3 they have a few injuries, less than a month ago Bayern rammed them 4-1 Thiago stuck out like your daddies Doo Dah on his wedding night ,he`s playing
      Harrisimo

• 7,973 posts | 1356 
      Reply #34: Sep 20, 2020 11:44:37 am
      This is going to be a cracker. No fans does away with the home advantage slightly. Lampard has added a bit of extra edge to it. I don't mind him having a pop at us. I like Lampard, don't think he curries favour with anyone. Maybe a bit lucky to land a big job so early on but he's spent close on £130m. Made up for the 2019 transfer ban. He has on the face of it bought quality. Lets see how he deals with us.

Respect will be thin on the ground, he'll come at us so we have to see off this mouthy kid.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,459 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #35: Sep 20, 2020 11:44:49 am
      If our defence behaves today, we win.  Looking forward to this now, fancy both new signings to be on the bench.
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 844 posts | 235 
      Reply #36: Sep 20, 2020 11:49:47 am
      Allison, TTA, Matt, VVD, Robbo,  Fabinho Hendo Keita. Usual three wise men up front..
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #37: Sep 20, 2020 11:51:43 am
      If our defence behaves today, we win.

I think Chelsea have a couple of players capable of scoring goals without big defensive errors. 

Think it's going to be a tough ask for either side to manage a clean sheet today.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #38: Sep 20, 2020 11:51:56 am
      Indo not agree that we should start Trent on the bench . Want him starting at right back. Werner doesn't scare me.

Same. He's pocketed better players than Werner in the past. We shouldn't be nullifying one of our attacking threats to counter one of theirs, it should be the other way around
      Harrisimo

• 7,973 posts | 1356 
      Reply #39: Sep 20, 2020 11:52:24 am
      I agree with this. UTD chucked Van Der Beek straight in and I immediately thought, "you have no plan, you are just hoping big names will work it out." There are caveats of course. Ancelotti put James in but what choice was there. It's not like he had a purring team and he is just looking long term, to spice things up. Everton want to get rid of about 9 of their starting 11 and there is no need for delay. Ole and the popular press would have us believe Utd are a 1 or 2 players away from a revolution.. bollocks!!. They are grasping. Top managers like Klopp and Pep make them realise how hard it is. UTD are 2-3 iterations from success  ... provided they have a long term successful strategy and a top manager and owner comes along... otherwise they are a business trying to make cash until a takeover relieves them of the risk

Think your right.With Ole it's just chuck a few more in and see how it pans out. It will be hit and miss all season, stronger in the second half when Ole works out his best 11. For those reasons and a few more besides I don't see them being serious title contenders. 3 games without a win and I'll be "sack Ole"...couple of decent results and he'll be back in favour. It'll mean they could drag on in a kind of limbo for the next few years.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,459 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #40: Sep 20, 2020 11:54:53 am
      I think Chelsea have a couple of players capable of scoring goals without big defensive errors. 

Think it's going to be a tough ask for either side to manage a clean sheet today.

This is true. Just no gifts today please. If they score a good goal fair play.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,115 posts | 4880 
      Reply #41: Sep 20, 2020 12:25:13 pm
      Theme for today's match:

“Only title you’ve won and you’re giving it the big ’un.”

Come on Boys!

Yep.

Lampard is such a tit.
      rossyred

• 9,096 posts | 1637 
      Reply #42: Sep 20, 2020 12:34:33 pm
      See Thiago is down there with them cannot see him making bench but will good to have in amongst the boys
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,822 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #43: Sep 20, 2020 12:52:03 pm
      Theme for today's match:

“Only title you’ve won and you’re giving it the big ’un.”

Come on Boys!

Fatter Frank getting above his station, F**k sake, we were winning titles before he dropped through his Mama’s curtains, he’d do well to remember football existed before Russian Roubles afforded him his pieces of silver, I’ll make a prediction here & now, it matters not a jot who he brings to the table, he won’t win another title so long as Jürgen is King of the castle.

pr**k !
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #44: Sep 20, 2020 01:31:12 pm
      Going for a 3-1 win for the Redmen..

GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #45: Sep 20, 2020 01:44:57 pm
      Werners pace a problem ?
      Vardys wasnt 🤷‍♂️
      I wanted to refresh my prediction, had us down for 2:3 win if I remember. Wanted to change it to 2:4 but left it too late.

We sit 5 yards deeper, and pace will be nullified.

What have they got to nullify our attack ?

Not much me thinks.

Think Gini and Bob will rise to the occasion today, and Fat  Frank May be looking for some new excuses.

Quick Reply