Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Midtjylland [Champions League] Tue 27th Oct @ 8:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 26th of October and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W20 D2 L4

Diogo Jota Player Thread

Read 2363 times
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 14,720 posts | 3681 
      • @MrPrice1979
      Diogo Jota Player Thread
      Sep 19, 2020 04:59:01 pm
      I like this. Welcome to the greatest club on the universe

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1307348264472240128?s=19

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1307349357684051970?s=19

Liverpool FC seal signing of Diogo Jota on long-term deal

19th September 2020

Liverpool FC have completed the signing of Portugal international Diogo Jota from Wolverhampton Wanderers on a long-term contract.

The 23-year-old joins the Premier League champions after three seasons with Wolves – two in the top flight, which included 67 appearances and 16 goals for the versatile forward.

Jota also scored nine times in 14 Europa League outings in 2019-20 and opened his account for his country in a UEFA Nations League clash with Croatia earlier this month.

“It’s just a really exciting moment for me and my family,” he told Liverpoolfc.com upon sealing the transfer on Saturday.

“All of my path since I was a kid and now, to join a club like Liverpool – the world champions – is just unbelievable. I just want to get started.

“It is one of the best teams in the world – the best at the moment because they are world champions. When you look at the Premier League, you always see Liverpool as one of the biggest teams in the country, so it’s impossible to say no.

“So we just want to come [here], to give our best and hopefully I can become a good option for Liverpool in the future.”

Jota – who will take the vacant No.20 shirt for the Reds – began his career with Pacos de Ferreira in Portugal before he was signed by Atletico Madrid in 2016.

The attacker spent the 2016-17 campaign on loan with FC Porto under future Wolves boss Nuno Espirito Santo and then followed the coach to Molineux the next season.

He was top scorer for Wolves with 17 goals when they gained promotion by winning the Championship that year and carried his form into the Premier League as they secured back-to-back seventh-place finishes.

“I think I am a team player,” added Jota. “I play up front and my job is to find a way to score goals and to provide assists and that’s what they can expect from me – that I will always do my best. I will always try to help the team in the best way possible.

“They [the fans] can count on me because now I am one of them and I will give my best.”

« Last Edit: Sep 19, 2020 05:13:06 pm by what-a-hit-son »
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 6,546 posts | 959 
      • YNWA
      Re: Diogo Jota - Player Thread
      Reply #1: Sep 19, 2020 05:05:34 pm
      Welcome to LFC Diogo !! :)
      AlwaysTheKop
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,125 posts | 335 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Re: Diogo Jota - Player Thread
      Reply #2: Sep 19, 2020 05:07:36 pm
      Welcome! Good little signing this!

Good signs, when I signed him in Fifa earlier this year, I gave him the 20 shirt, and he was immense... just sayin...  :f_tongueincheek:
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,489 posts | 1810 
      Re: Diogo Jota Player Thread
      Reply #3: Sep 19, 2020 05:25:59 pm
      Great signing, very happy with this window
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,223 posts | 437 
      Reply #4: Sep 19, 2020 05:37:01 pm
      I like this. Welcome to the greatest club on the universe

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1307348264472240128?s=19

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1307349357684051970?s=19

Liverpool FC seal signing of Diogo Jota on long-term deal

19th September 2020

Liverpool FC have completed the signing of Portugal international Diogo Jota from Wolverhampton Wanderers on a long-term contract.

The 23-year-old joins the Premier League champions after three seasons with Wolves – two in the top flight, which included 67 appearances and 16 goals for the versatile forward.

Jota also scored nine times in 14 Europa League outings in 2019-20 and opened his account for his country in a UEFA Nations League clash with Croatia earlier this month.

“It’s just a really exciting moment for me and my family,” he told Liverpoolfc.com upon sealing the transfer on Saturday.

“All of my path since I was a kid and now, to join a club like Liverpool – the world champions – is just unbelievable. I just want to get started.

“It is one of the best teams in the world – the best at the moment because they are world champions. When you look at the Premier League, you always see Liverpool as one of the biggest teams in the country, so it’s impossible to say no.

“So we just want to come [here], to give our best and hopefully I can become a good option for Liverpool in the future.”

Jota – who will take the vacant No.20 shirt for the Reds – began his career with Pacos de Ferreira in Portugal before he was signed by Atletico Madrid in 2016.

The attacker spent the 2016-17 campaign on loan with FC Porto under future Wolves boss Nuno Espirito Santo and then followed the coach to Molineux the next season.

He was top scorer for Wolves with 17 goals when they gained promotion by winning the Championship that year and carried his form into the Premier League as they secured back-to-back seventh-place finishes.

“I think I am a team player,” added Jota. “I play up front and my job is to find a way to score goals and to provide assists and that’s what they can expect from me – that I will always do my best. I will always try to help the team in the best way possible.

“They [the fans] can count on me because now I am one of them and I will give my best.”

Got the name right this time then mate  :f_tongueincheek:
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,669 posts | 190 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #5: Sep 19, 2020 05:39:33 pm
      Welcome to LFC!
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,837 posts | 3062 
      Reply #6: Sep 19, 2020 05:50:34 pm
      Another one that no one saw coming.

Love it.

Welcome to Liverpool.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,900 posts | 1201 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #7: Sep 19, 2020 06:00:35 pm
      Excited by this one
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,812 posts | 787 
      Reply #8: Sep 19, 2020 06:08:28 pm
      Excellent deal.

Michael Edwards strikes gold as incredible Diogo Jota deal is revealed
      Date published: Saturday 19th September 2020 7:38

Liverpool will have to pay just £4m up front to sign Diogo Jota from Wolves after Michael Edwards struck an incredible deal with Wolves for the Portugal forward.

News emerged on Friday that Liverpool had registered their interest in Jota as an alternative target to Watford’s Ismaila Sarr.

Jota scored 16 goals and provided six assists in 48 games last season and had been earmarked as Liverpool’s top attacking target this summer.

Now it’s reported that a deal has been struck with Wolves for the forward, who should seal his move to Anfield soon.

And, according to The Athletic, Reds sporting director Edwards has delivered another sensational deal for Liverpool.

They claim Liverpool will pay £41m, rather than the £35m first reported for Jota. However, it has emerged that the Premier League champions will pay just £4m of that fee up front.

Furthermore, Wolves have agreed to take transfer installments for the player in another stroke of genius. However, it was the decision of Wolves to allow just £4m up front – less than 10% of his valuation – that was key to the deal for Liverpool. The payment plan will see Liverpool hand Wolves just £5m this year, with a further £1m due by December.

Furthermore, Liverpool helped fund that move by selling Wolves Ki-Jana Hoever for a fee rising to £13.5m.

Wolves will pay £9m up front with a further £4.5m in add-ons for the teenage defender.

The 18-year-old was also chased by Atletico Madrid and Juventus, but has been persuaded to join Wolves.

That will mean the £4m fee for Jota will be handed straight back to Liverpool.

Jota will now become their third signing of the summer after Thiago arrived on Friday.

The 23-year-old could now provide serious competition for Liverpool’s famous front three of Sadio Mane, Roberto Firmino and Mohamed Salah.

Klopp admits Thiago surprised him

Meanwhile, Jürgen Klopp says new signing Thiago surprised him with his desire to become part of the club’s project.

The 29-year-old star has signed for Liverpool for an initial £20m from Bayern Munich. He will wear the No 6 shirt at Anfield.

Speaking to Liverpoolfc.com, Klopp expressed his delight at the deal, revealing how chats with the player helped him realise the 29-year-old’s long-standing wish.

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/michael-edwards-strikes-gold-details-emerge-bargain-diogo-jota-transfer-liverpool

clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,681 posts | 2519 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #9: Sep 19, 2020 06:16:49 pm
      Welcome Jota :) Work hard for your place mate.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,132 posts | 359 
      Reply #10: Sep 19, 2020 06:40:18 pm
      Another one that no one saw coming.

Love it.

Welcome to Liverpool.

All I'm saying is a few weeks ago I made two singings in FIFA to start my 21/22 season, Jota and Thiago. Swear on my life.
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,192 posts | 2496 
      Reply #11: Sep 19, 2020 06:40:37 pm
      Finally, finally we have quality back up in all areas of the pitch, great signing.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 14,720 posts | 3681 
      • @MrPrice1979
      Reply #12: Sep 19, 2020 06:42:32 pm
      Got the name right this time then mate  :f_tongueincheek:

Could've been worse. Diego and Thiogo
      LFCexiled
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,979 posts | 1500 
      • Lazarus of LFC
      Reply #13: Sep 19, 2020 06:59:23 pm
      All I'm saying is a few weeks ago I made two singings in FIFA to start my 21/22 season, Jota and Thiago. Swear on my life.

Fair enough mate, I think everyone will believe you but you could've also raided wolves for Traore ya b***ard. 😉
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,904 posts | 3838 
      Reply #14: Sep 19, 2020 07:50:38 pm
      Damn,  not a half bad window this.

Best keep my gob shut from now on.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 6,420 posts | 1693 
      Reply #15: Sep 19, 2020 07:52:56 pm
      Excellent deal.

Michael Edwards strikes gold as incredible Diogo Jota deal is revealed
      Date published: Saturday 19th September 2020 7:38

Liverpool will have to pay just £4m up front to sign Diogo Jota from Wolves after Michael Edwards struck an incredible deal with Wolves for the Portugal forward.

News emerged on Friday that Liverpool had registered their interest in Jota as an alternative target to Watford’s Ismaila Sarr.

Jota scored 16 goals and provided six assists in 48 games last season and had been earmarked as Liverpool’s top attacking target this summer.

Now it’s reported that a deal has been struck with Wolves for the forward, who should seal his move to Anfield soon.

And, according to The Athletic, Reds sporting director Edwards has delivered another sensational deal for Liverpool.

They claim Liverpool will pay £41m, rather than the £35m first reported for Jota. However, it has emerged that the Premier League champions will pay just £4m of that fee up front.

Furthermore, Wolves have agreed to take transfer installments for the player in another stroke of genius. However, it was the decision of Wolves to allow just £4m up front – less than 10% of his valuation – that was key to the deal for Liverpool. The payment plan will see Liverpool hand Wolves just £5m this year, with a further £1m due by December.

Furthermore, Liverpool helped fund that move by selling Wolves Ki-Jana Hoever for a fee rising to £13.5m.

Wolves will pay £9m up front with a further £4.5m in add-ons for the teenage defender.

The 18-year-old was also chased by Atletico Madrid and Juventus, but has been persuaded to join Wolves.

That will mean the £4m fee for Jota will be handed straight back to Liverpool.

Jota will now become their third signing of the summer after Thiago arrived on Friday.

The 23-year-old could now provide serious competition for Liverpool’s famous front three of Sadio Mane, Roberto Firmino and Mohamed Salah.

Klopp admits Thiago surprised him

Meanwhile, Jürgen Klopp says new signing Thiago surprised him with his desire to become part of the club’s project.

The 29-year-old star has signed for Liverpool for an initial £20m from Bayern Munich. He will wear the No 6 shirt at Anfield.

Speaking to Liverpoolfc.com, Klopp expressed his delight at the deal, revealing how chats with the player helped him realise the 29-year-old’s long-standing wish.

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/michael-edwards-strikes-gold-details-emerge-bargain-diogo-jota-transfer-liverpool

So this transfer terms end up looking a bit like the loan the club doesn't typically take.
      tezmac

• 7,370 posts | 305 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #16: Sep 19, 2020 07:53:11 pm
      This hat tastes good....
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,594 posts | 183 
      Reply #17: Sep 19, 2020 07:59:18 pm
      Wow, Welcome to LFC Diogo.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 6,420 posts | 1693 
      Reply #18: Sep 19, 2020 10:40:11 pm
      After watching his debut interview with the club, I feel rather sorry for Diogo. The LFC interviewer repeatedly asks him questions that he's just answered in the previous commitment. It's like the guy is reading from a list of questions and not even listening to the answers.

I'm sure he and Thiago are both eager to get all the PR stuff over and focus on training sessions and matches.

I also did not know until just now that Thiago is a form of Diego or Diogo, which is derived from Yago, or St. James The Greater, one of the 12 apostles and the patron saint of Spain. Fun fact of the day.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 6,482 posts | 881 
      Reply #19: Sep 20, 2020 08:58:07 am
      From what I've seen he's not worth what your paying. However, if Klopp does a Robertson on him the he will double in value, time will tell.
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,192 posts | 2496 
      Reply #20: Sep 20, 2020 09:15:44 am
      From what I've seen he's not worth what your paying. However, if Klopp does a Robertson on him the he will double in value, time will tell.

whereas Man Utd always get value for money!! ;-)

I remember when we signed Mane and even Salah, a lot of people said we'd paid over the odds, but look how that turned out! Jota gives us superb cover for our forward line, together with Minamino we can now really start rotating AND bringing players off the bench to have an impact.

The crucial thing is that Jota is young, he is already very talented and will just get better working alongside our current forwards and coaching setup.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 6,482 posts | 881 
      Reply #21: Sep 20, 2020 09:20:59 am

Hell no. United made to many mistakes over the last 18 months.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,681 posts | 2519 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #22: Sep 20, 2020 09:59:13 am

I remember when we signed Mane and even Salah, a lot of people said we'd paid over the odds, but look how that turned out! Jota gives us superb cover for our forward line, together with Minamino we can now really start rotating AND bringing players off the bench to have an impact.

The crucial thing is that Jota is young, he is already very talented and will just get better working alongside our current forwards and coaching setup.

Ironically, both of you are right. At the moment, we overpaid a little but if he improves he will add value to his name.
      Kopite78
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,756 posts | 2355 
      Reply #23: Sep 20, 2020 10:03:21 am
      Hell no. United made to many mistakes over the last 18 months.

Life is so slow

Veron was only 18 months ago
      And Anderson
      Di Maria
      Fred
      Mhiktharian
      Schneidelain
      Sanchez
      Depay
      Dalot

I cant believe how life goes so slow
      Dadorious

• 9,250 posts | 1226 
      Reply #24: Sep 20, 2020 12:12:44 pm
      Welcome Diogo!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,925 posts | 4259 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #25: Sep 20, 2020 11:37:13 pm
      Welcome to The Greatest Club on The Planet, Diogo! Can't wait to see you tear it up for us in Red.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 6,420 posts | 1693 
      Reply #26: Sep 21, 2020 07:28:49 am
      Welcome to The Greatest Club on The Planet, Diogo! Can't wait to see you tear it up for us in Red.

Hoping for a debut goal (or two) from Diogo on Thursday.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,812 posts | 787 
      Reply #27: Sep 21, 2020 01:05:25 pm

Yes, with Timo at £47m and just 10% more... no doubt about that. But the swap deal means we’re getting paid to have him for now.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,812 posts | 787 
      Reply #28: Sep 21, 2020 03:53:29 pm

I think in a swap deal, we'd have to look at things another way. Ki Jana goes for £13m and Jota comes in for £41m. I believe the mind of Michael Edwards would think we're paying £28m for upgrading Ki Jana's place into Diogo Jota, assuming Ki Jana costs us next to nothing. Think relative rather than in absolute terms. Paying £28m for Jota is much cleverer than paying £41m for Timo.

The thing was we could get Wolves to take Ki Jana for £13m. So the deal made a lot of sense. For £28m, it's quite a bargain.
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ron Yeats

• 458 posts | 61 
      Reply #29: Sep 21, 2020 08:51:50 pm
      Should've left him at wolves till tomora
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,925 posts | 4259 
      Reply #30: Sep 21, 2020 11:52:04 pm
      Should've left him at wolves till tomora

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 6,420 posts | 1693 
      Reply #31: Sep 23, 2020 12:12:36 pm
      Ljinders on Diogo at today's presser: "He is a pressing monster. His technical level is the same as the front three."

RedWilly

• 8,280 posts | 1197 
      Reply #32: Sep 27, 2020 10:35:12 am
      Some may not like you on those boards... But i am glad you are the first portuguese ever player or simply winger we've ever signed since Portugal do produce well reputed full backs and wingers since quite a while...

Some even making over-fun of Sadio Mane on all these boards but we know how him and Salah save us on many situations... What is it about some?!.... You were over over taken into getting over them even before they were born?!... Drop that attitude that even your partner would say better leave you alone, one day! You will see! You ought to be a lot real and have some sense of appreciation towards work, professionalism and dedication in life... Even when people tells you to hate this and that, you should say no thanks, i prefer to be constructive...

Anyway, work hard, it ain't be too bad still to have a Portugal winger or one of their decent full-backs!

From a clip i saw, you are inches better from Shaqiri with your pace, not a world beater no doubt unlike CR or Nani with the absolute pace and teasing aspects and finishing they have.

I still think winger Nani is way ahead of John Barnes as all time top ever wingers ranking! Because he feels so so much fun and freedom to do even more things than John Barnes. Nani can be all over the pitch just like CR unlike Barnes.

Did I really just read that Nani is better than Barnes? Surely a wind up
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 31,354 posts | 4681 
      Reply #33: Sep 27, 2020 11:44:02 am
      I still think winger Nani is way ahead of John Barnes as all time top ever wingers ranking! Because he feels so so much fun and freedom to do even more things than John Barnes. Nani can be all over the pitch just like CR unlike Barnes.

Welcome to the forum and all that but that is utter f**king bullshit. Nani better than John Barnes?

That's f**king blasphemy in my book.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 408 posts | 295 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #34: Sep 27, 2020 10:02:41 pm
      I think somone's been on the old wacky backy  ??? ???
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 6,420 posts | 1693 
      Reply #35: Sep 28, 2020 05:35:27 am

Bit he feels so much fun!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,925 posts | 4259 
      Reply #36: Sep 28, 2020 11:24:45 am

Hey don't blame that mate!!  ;D ;D ;D :D

She's just an obvious Wum....has she been banned yet?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,730 posts | 1582 
      Reply #37: Sep 28, 2020 10:06:24 pm
      Lad looks the business has Mo worried for his starting spot already :P
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 408 posts | 295 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #38: Sep 28, 2020 11:07:20 pm
      Cracking goal to get his Anfield career off to a great start, well done Diogo.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,602 posts | 393 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #39: Sep 29, 2020 12:44:24 am
      I just came to say hello, hello ooo o.

Not a bad debut ay.

Here is to many more goals.
      Isaac!
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 82 posts | 27 
      Reply #40: Sep 29, 2020 07:28:11 am
      He'll be great for us. Finally a rotational option for the front three that isn't a drop in quality.
      chats
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 23,689 posts | 1117 
      Reply #41: Sep 29, 2020 09:53:37 am
      He'll prove me spectacularly wrong over the next couple of years.

Good start.
      harrydunn08

• 5,330 posts | 711 
      Reply #42: Sep 29, 2020 10:42:56 am
      I was really impressed with his debut!  He only played 20 minutes, but could have scored a hat trick.  He's very direct and loves to drive at defenders and I think he is going to help create tons of space and chances for teammates.  Keep it up lad!!
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,900 posts | 1201 
      Reply #43: Sep 29, 2020 10:55:36 am
      Would love to have seen him tear into Mo for robbing the ball off him
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,925 posts | 4259 
      Reply #44: Sep 29, 2020 11:29:57 am
      Could have had a debut Hat-trick.

I can see him scoring plenty for us.

Unreal that we can take Mane off, teams think they are getting a break and then on comes the pressing monster that is Jota!
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,866 posts | 93 
      Reply #45: Sep 29, 2020 02:39:16 pm
      Very direct player. Far from the level of Mane, Salah or Firmino but unlike Origi or Minamino, he is an instant threat because his pressing, positioning are very good. I'm not won over but against Arsenal he showed that he could settle very well and replace one of the front 3 if need be.
      chats
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 23,689 posts | 1117 
      Reply #46: Sep 29, 2020 04:28:23 pm
      Would love to have seen him tear into Mo for robbing the ball off him

Nah save that for the dressing room.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,812 posts | 787 
      Reply #47: Sep 29, 2020 05:07:17 pm
      Now we know... it’s not Timo whom the coaching staff wanted. We I wanted Timo but they wanted to bring new dimensions to the way we play. How ignorant am I...

The signing turned out to be boss didn’t it?

Pep Lijnders: What Thiago Alcantara and Diogo Jota will add to LFC
      James Carroll
      @James_Carroll84

Pepijn Lijnders has detailed what Liverpool believe the acquisitions of Thiago Alcantara and Diogo Jota will add to the squad and how they can enhance their on-pitch threat.

The duo wrapped up deals to join the Reds last weekend, completing transfers from Bayern Munich and Wolverhampton Wanderers respectively.

Thiago made his debut for the champions soon after, coming on as a substitute at half-time during the 2-0 win over Chelsea at Stamford Bridge on Sunday and making an immediate impact from the centre of the pitch.

Reflecting on the deals, Lijnders told Liverpoolfc.com: “A good team needs good players and this team deserves good players to be added.

“[Thiago] will make sure that the team will evolve and make the next step. That’s what we need because the teams around us [have] become stronger, they know better how [we play] and they try to destroy our way of football by putting certain tactics into the team.

“Overall, it’s important for the team to stay unpredictable, that from each position we can play the last pass and we can speed up as much as possible in the small passes. These three things - the unpredictability, the speed-ups and the quality of the last pass from each position, that’s what he brings to us. We brought a solution for the upcoming problems hopefully.”

On Jota, Lijnders added: “Diogo is on a similar level technically as our front three. He has so much future in his feet and we want to give him the inside pathway here to make the next steps as well.

“A brilliant signing. We all wanted him desperately - and we got him.”

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/409628-diogo-jota-thiago-alcantara-pepijn-lijnders
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,837 posts | 3062 
      Reply #48: Sep 29, 2020 05:49:08 pm
      Very direct player. Far from the level of Mane, Salah or Firmino but unlike Origi or Minamino, he is an instant threat because his pressing, positioning are very good. I'm not won over but against Arsenal he showed that he could settle very well and replace one of the front 3 if need be.

When Mane, Salah and Firmino came, they were not at the (current) level of Mane, Salah and Firmino.

If Jota keeps chipping in with goals, that'll be fine.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,638 posts | 2902 
      • Beware The Second Wave
      Reply #49: Oct 03, 2020 02:32:52 pm
      With Sadio on Covid isolation this transfer came at the right time.

We needed back up for the front three at a quality level.

If Afro Cup Of Nations is held next year again he will take a full starting role.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,546 posts | 281 
      Reply #50: Oct 03, 2020 03:00:46 pm
      Certainly made a positive start on his debut, coming on and scoring against Arsenal !
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,638 posts | 2902 
      • Beware The Second Wave
      Reply #51: Oct 04, 2020 03:03:43 am
      I think in a swap deal, we'd have to look at things another way. Ki Jana goes for £13m and Jota comes in for £41m. I believe the mind of Michael Edwards would think we're paying £28m for upgrading Ki Jana's place into Diogo Jota, assuming Ki Jana costs us next to nothing. Think relative rather than in absolute terms. Paying £28m for Jota is much cleverer than paying £41m for Timo.

The thing was we could get Wolves to take Ki Jana for £13m. So the deal made a lot of sense. For £28m, it's quite a bargain.

Then Brewster's money squares the books.

Pure alchemy .
      Fabio Aurelio
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 31 posts |
      Reply #52: Oct 04, 2020 11:25:13 pm
      Decent enough first half but struggled as the game went on. It would be very harsh to be negative towards him though. I have faith that he will prove to be a good signing. It’s going to take time though.
      Dadorious

• 9,250 posts | 1226 
      Reply #53: Oct 13, 2020 08:36:54 pm
      With CR7 now positive just read that Jota will need to quarantine for 14 days.
      Kopite78
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,756 posts | 2355 
      Reply #54: Oct 13, 2020 08:41:07 pm

F**k sake

(,separate note. Had to read that 3 times cause I was wondering if CR7 was another disease.. forgot that weapon Ronny calls himself that, the egotistical pr**k  😀)
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,155 posts | 485 
      Reply #55: Oct 13, 2020 09:08:23 pm

Does he ? All other players tested negative so wouldn't have thought so
      verde-rubro
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,027 posts | 99 
      Reply #56: Oct 13, 2020 11:15:18 pm
      that boris for you
      wolves are fvked this weekend
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,925 posts | 4259 
      Reply #57: Oct 14, 2020 12:16:00 am

Oh FFS!!!!!
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,983 posts | 205 
      • do do do
      Reply #58: Oct 14, 2020 02:24:46 am
      that is absolutely fu**ed!
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,132 posts | 359 
      Reply #59: Oct 14, 2020 03:02:02 am
      Why can't you just test him, if he's negative let him back em back in? I'm a f**king moron, so maybe theres something I don't know!!!
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,155 posts | 485 
      Reply #60: Oct 14, 2020 05:34:28 pm
      Not heard or read anything suggesting he can't play
      verde-rubro
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,027 posts | 99 
      Reply #61: Oct 14, 2020 08:36:35 pm
      half time at the mo Jota made the 1st goal and scored the 2nd
      ConzS
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,940 posts | 610 
      Reply #62: Oct 14, 2020 08:47:55 pm
      I’m guessing since Portugal are playing today that the rumours are nonsense. Good to see him amongst the goals. Wonder whether he might start the derby in place of Firmino with Salah up top but doubt it.
      verde-rubro
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,027 posts | 99 
      Reply #63: Oct 14, 2020 09:19:14 pm
      wow Jota with a beauty running down the left cuts in for his 2nd tonight, 3-0
      siavashiva
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 691 posts | 82 
      Reply #64: Oct 14, 2020 10:47:23 pm
      this guy fucks
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 6,420 posts | 1693 
      Reply #65: Oct 14, 2020 11:34:42 pm
      wow Jota with a beauty running down the left cuts in for his 2nd tonight, 3-0

All three of his highlights looked quite good. Congrats to Diogo.

Cristiano Who?

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 6,420 posts | 1693 
      Reply #66: Oct 14, 2020 11:43:34 pm
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJrStgMMOZk

Best player on the pitch according to the match comm.
      Keny
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 65 posts | 14 
      Reply #67: Oct 15, 2020 12:24:39 am

@0:54 Commentator: Cristiano who?

verde-rubro
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,027 posts | 99 
      Reply #68: Oct 15, 2020 11:42:46 am
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 6,420 posts | 1693 
      Reply #69: Oct 16, 2020 03:55:06 pm

Sorry, international restrictions all that. Yours doesn't work for me here in the States. Anyway, he scored two nice goals and had a good setup for the opener.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,925 posts | 4259 
      Reply #70: Oct 18, 2020 09:54:22 pm
      Came on and looked sharp, pity him and Sadio crashed into each other.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 408 posts | 295 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #71: Oct 21, 2020 10:52:10 pm
      The more I see of Jota, the more I like him, thought he was great tonight and got stuck in all over the pitch, he'll be a tremendous asset as the season wears on.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,900 posts | 1201 
      Reply #72: Oct 22, 2020 09:59:45 am
      Looks a player but needs games. How does het them games though if the boss just continues to pick the front 3 no matter what?

Looked lively last night
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,904 posts | 3838 
      Reply #73: Oct 22, 2020 02:27:47 pm
      Looks a player but needs games. How does het them games though if the boss just continues to pick the front 3 no matter what?

Looked lively last night

Hardly any player we've signed (outside Virg and Allison) come in and just become bang on starters. Most have had to work their way in. I suspect it will be the same with with Diogo. At this point, having a couple more options in him and Taki is a luxury we didn't have not too long ago. Now if one of the front three's form dips or they need a rest, it doesn't seem like so much of a drop off.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,800 posts | 433 
      Reply #74: Oct 22, 2020 02:41:35 pm

Looked lively last night

Because they are one of the top starting-3 in the entire world, but our crowded schedule alone will give Jota plenty of playing time. Injuries and dip in form would give Jota even more opportunity to get on the field.

I really liked the way he and Minamino looked yesterday feeding off each other. Looks like a fantastic partnership in the making and great option off the bench giving teams a different look.
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,192 posts | 2496 
      Reply #75: Oct 22, 2020 03:32:26 pm
      Hardly any player we've signed (outside Virg and Allison) come in and just become bang on starters. Most have had to work their way in. I suspect it will be the same with with Diogo. At this point, having a couple more options in him and Taki is a luxury we didn't have not too long ago. Now if one of the front three's form dips or they need a rest, it doesn't seem like so much of a drop off.

How much more does Bobby's form have to dip??
      thanks2shanks
      • Forum John Toshack

• 250 posts | 23 
      Reply #76: Oct 22, 2020 03:49:17 pm
      His physical strength last night was impressive - hard to knock off the ball, very useful for winning free kicks in dangerous positions.

Quick Reply