Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Diogo Jota Player Thread (F)

Read 83600 times
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Re: Diogo Jota Player Thread
      Reply #115: Nov 03, 2020 07:28:41 pm
      Good luck tonight Diogo
      Fabio Aurelio
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 873 posts | 107 
      Reply #116: Nov 03, 2020 08:32:25 pm
      He’s looking so strong tonight
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #117: Nov 03, 2020 08:45:53 pm
      You've defo got your new fab 3. Firmino days as a automatic choice well and truly gone.
      RomaN
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 158 posts | 38 
      Reply #118: Nov 03, 2020 09:11:55 pm
      Love him. Another great buy.

By the end of his career he'll be a club legend. You heard it here first.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #119: Nov 03, 2020 09:49:45 pm
      Brilliant performance tonight by a brilliant player.

Well in Diogo!
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #120: Nov 03, 2020 09:51:56 pm
      Sublime.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #121: Nov 03, 2020 09:59:05 pm
      Can someone tell me was that his actual performance or was it a youtube compilation?
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #122: Nov 03, 2020 10:01:39 pm
      You've defo got your new fab 3. Firmino days as a automatic choice well and truly gone.

I can assure you Jürgen will not throw him under the bus.  Yes he won't be an automatic starter but we needed another forward that can give the forwards a run for their money!
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #123: Nov 03, 2020 10:12:29 pm
      Faster then I expected
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #124: Nov 03, 2020 10:20:52 pm
      The JOAT.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #125: Nov 03, 2020 10:21:57 pm
      I can assure you Jürgen will not throw him under the bus.  Yes he won't be an automatic starter but we needed another forward that can give the forwards a run for their money!

Not a question of being thrown under the bus. I don't think he will like being a bench warmer. If Jota keeps this up and can't see why he won't pretty sure  Firmino will leave.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #126: Nov 03, 2020 10:33:03 pm
      Not a question of being thrown under the bus. I don't think he will like being a bench warmer. If Jota keeps this up and can't see why he won't pretty sure  Firmino will leave.

Bobby is 30 next year so it's unlikely he'll still be here after his current contract expires in 2023 anyway. He'll be a good squad player until then and maybe get some of the old form back. He's been amazing for us until recent times and it was always natural he would be phased out for a younger talent eventually. That talent appears to be Jota.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #127: Nov 03, 2020 10:54:50 pm
      Well Bobby wont get his place back in a hurry with Jota playing out of his skin, absolutely awesome play tonight and a well deserved hat-trick to boot, love his enthusiasm, his willingness to get forward and shake off defenders, deserves all the plaudits he'll receive, brilliant display. Man of the match display.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #128: Nov 03, 2020 11:00:14 pm

Personally I don't see a problem.   All 3 will get rest.  Our front 3 have had a lot of records but one which doesn't get mentioned much is that for that last 3 and quarter season they have played the vast majority of CL and Premier League matches that is too much.  Whether they've been in form or out of form, dead leg, tired they've been on the pitch.   It seems we can give them a rest here and there.   As for Firmino he needs a little rest to get back to his best and we will also have the option of playing all 4 of them too. 
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #129: Nov 04, 2020 09:52:13 am
      Portuguese Torres.
      What a signing.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #130: Nov 04, 2020 10:18:05 am
      Portuguese Torres.
      What a signing.

A bit like Torres and Suarez rolled in to one with his pace, movement and finishing ability.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #131: Nov 04, 2020 10:25:37 am
      Personally I don't see a problem.   All 3 will get rest.  Our front 3 have had a lot of records but one which doesn't get mentioned much is that for that last 3 and quarter season they have played the vast majority of CL and Premier League matches that is too much.  Whether they've been in form or out of form, dead leg, tired they've been on the pitch.   It seems we can give them a rest here and there.   As for Firmino he needs a little rest to get back to his best and we will also have the option of playing all 4 of them too. 

Of course you won't see a problem, your name isn't Firmino  ;D and yes your old front free fabulous record but let's be honest here. It's not as if  Firminio has been out of form for a week- 2 weeks- a month, it's been  what?? 7/8/9 months or more, maybe even longer. I'm sure one of you lads can say exactly how long it's been.

For what ever reason his form on the pitch has dropped significantly, for me it's come apparant he will now play in cup games and leave Jota for the important matches. That's how I see it anyway, been wrong before though.  ;D

Anyway it's a nice problem for Klopp to have isn't it.   ;)
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #132: Nov 04, 2020 11:38:22 am
      Of course you won't see a problem, your name isn't Firmino  ;D and yes your old front free fabulous record but let's be honest here. It's not as if  Firminio has been out of form for a week- 2 weeks- a month, it's been  what?? 7/8/9 months or more, maybe even longer. I'm sure one of you lads can say exactly how long it's been.

For what ever reason his form on the pitch has dropped significantly, for me it's come apparant he will now play in cup games and leave Jota for the important matches. That's how I see it anyway, been wrong before though.  ;D

Anyway it's a nice problem for Klopp to have isn't it.   ;)

Come on man!    You really don't think that 4 good players for 3 positions is an overload?  Especially  especially for attacking players.   Like I said the front 3 have performed miracles with the how much cover they have provided for the team.  Jota gives us the opportunity to make the front 3 better and gives us options to rest tired and out of form players.  I am expecting Minamino to come good in the coming months too.   5 for the 3 position will good with fringe players. 

Like you say I'm not firmino  ;D   He might have different ideas, but for me the 3 forwards have been over played and this will improve productivity as whole and for Firmino will be still be heavily involved.

I could be wrong but at this moment of time we have 31 league games remaining.  I would be surprised if Firmino doesn't get 20+ starts plus sub appearances.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #133: Nov 04, 2020 01:55:40 pm
      That's how I see it anyway, been wrong before though.  ;D

You are literally wrong every day of your life as a Manc supporter.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #134: Nov 04, 2020 03:00:57 pm
      A bit like Torres and Suarez rolled in to one with his pace, movement and finishing ability.

Suarez wasn't blessed with pace, he operated on a different level and was relentless, never stopped moving.
      The pace and poise of Jota reminds me of when Torres burst onto the scene for LFC.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #135: Nov 04, 2020 03:29:25 pm
      You are literally wrong every day of your life as a Manc supporter.

Your a American aren't you?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #136: Nov 04, 2020 03:35:46 pm
      Come on man!    You really don't think that 4 good players for 3 positions is an overload?  Especially  especially for attacking players.   Like I said the front 3 have performed miracles with the how much cover they have provided for the team.  Jota gives us the opportunity to make the front 3 better and gives us options to rest tired and out of form players.  I am expecting Minamino to come good in the coming months too.   5 for the 3 position will good with fringe players. 

Like you say I'm not firmino  ;D   He might have different ideas, but for me the 3 forwards have been over played and this will improve productivity as whole and for Firmino will be still be heavily involved.

I could be wrong but at this moment of time we have 31 league games remaining.  I would be surprised if Firmino doesn't get 20+ starts plus sub appearances.

You miss understand what I'm saying.  :roll: Never have I mentioned overload. I'm just of the opinion rightly or wrongly that he won't like being a bench player when it comes to the big matches. There's being out of form but Firmino now making a regular habit of it which has to be a concern to you all.

Will a break sort it? I'm not sure it will but time will tell. He's not showing any signs of fatigue but maybe just a loss of confidence.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #137: Nov 04, 2020 04:40:11 pm
      You miss understand what I'm saying.  :roll: Never have I mentioned overload. I'm just of the opinion rightly or wrongly that he won't like being a bench player when it comes to the big matches. There's being out of form but Firmino now making a regular habit of it which has to be a concern to you all.

Will a break sort it? I'm not sure it will but time will tell. He's not showing any signs of fatigue but maybe just a loss of confidence.

I don't think at the moment he will be benched for all the big games coming.   First big games is at the weekend wouldn't be surprised if he starts!  You see firmino is a fighter and IF his game time does reduce drastically he will fight for every minute,  he is one player that won't walkaway from a challenge.  There will be rotation and that is something we have needed for a long time.

Quick Reply