Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Diogo Jota Player Thread (F)

Read 83713 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Diogo Jota Player Thread
      Reply #138: Nov 04, 2020 05:08:41 pm
      I don't think at the moment he will be benched for all the big games coming.   First big games is at the weekend wouldn't be surprised if he starts!  You see firmino is a fighter and IF his game time does reduce drastically he will fight for every minute,  he is one player that won't walkaway from a challenge.  There will be rotation and that is something we have needed for a long time.

So basically the way we think it stands it you think he won't be a bench player. Maybe my words are slighted miss guided but his playing time will be diluted, to what extent remains to be seen.

If Jota came of of yesterday's match fine I'd expect him to start so line up will be interesting to say the least.  :D  Obviosuly you will know far more than me about Firmino being a Liverpool supporter so him being a fighter as you say interesting.

I thought he would walk away or in others words may seek a way out of the club in 2021.

100% with you about rotation and it's great when we have the luxury to do it.

Time is on our hands and I'm sure the debate will continue over the coming months.

Good luck king kenny  :)
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #139: Nov 04, 2020 05:15:56 pm
      I don't think at the moment he will be benched for all the big games coming.   First big games is at the weekend wouldn't be surprised if he starts!  You see firmino is a fighter and IF his game time does reduce drastically he will fight for every minute,  he is one player that won't walkaway from a challenge.  There will be rotation and that is something we have needed for a long time.

Yeah, Keith there is desperately trying to find a negative for us in this situation. Unfortunately for Man U (and City) fans everywhere there isn't one. Firmino will still get plenty of game time this season (I think he will start against City, for example). It's great for us to have 2 very different but highly effective striking options now. We can mix it up depending on the opposition/situation in particular games and it's only going to make it harder for teams to set up against us. The fact Jota can play wide as well means he can be used to give Mane and Salah a rest as well (leaving aside the question of injuries, which we've been pretty lucky with for the front 3 over the last couple of seasons) and in those games Bobby will presumably start as well.

They'll both get loads of games, and teh competition will probably do Bobby good if anything.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #140: Nov 04, 2020 06:59:00 pm
      Yeah, Keith there is desperately trying to find a negative for us in this situation. Unfortunately for Man U (and City) fans everywhere there isn't one. Firmino will still get plenty of game time this season (I think he will start against City, for example). It's great for us to have 2 very different but highly effective striking options now. We can mix it up depending on the opposition/situation in particular games and it's only going to make it harder for teams to set up against us. The fact Jota can play wide as well means he can be used to give Mane and Salah a rest as well (leaving aside the question of injuries, which we've been pretty lucky with for the front 3 over the last couple of seasons) and in those games Bobby will presumably start as well.

They'll both get loads of games, and teh competition will probably do Bobby good if anything.
      You couldn't be further from the truth, nothing negative about my comments or opinion. My views have been balance but if you want to look at negative comments look in your own back yard with some of your fans in the relevant threads.

On form you haven't got two very good striking options just the one.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #141: Nov 04, 2020 08:17:56 pm
      You couldn't be further from the truth, nothing negative about my comments or opinion. My views have been balance but if you want to look at negative comments look in your own back yard with some of your fans in the relevant threads.

On form you haven't got two very good striking options just the one.

Your third sentence kind of contradicts your first one there. Let's face it, earlier on you were even saying Bobby would want to leave us now, which is about as negative as you could get on this question! But, look, you're a Man U fan (albeit usually reasonable enough), so I'm not blaming you for a bit of straw clutching.

As for Bobby's form, the truth is he has been pretty patchy form wise in nearly every season for us. He's never been prolific, even at his best, and the start of every season he generally doesn't seem at his best. And yet look at our results over the last 2-3 years. It could not be more proven that we can consistently win with him in the team. Last season, he struggled for goals all season. Look at our points total. We know that he just works in our system, there just isn't any doubt about it.

If it turns out that Jota works even better, great, even better. But if not, nobody at LFC, certainly not JĆ¼rgen, is sweating on whether Bobby can do the job we need. He's proved it time and again. And, above all, our results with him in the team have proved it. Having Bobby and Jota is a win-win for us, and I'm afraid it's pure wishful thinking on your part that it's got a downside.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #142: Nov 04, 2020 08:27:56 pm
      Your third sentence kind of contradicts your first one there. Let's face it, earlier on you were even saying Bobby would want to leave us now, which is about as negative as you could get on this question! But, look, you're a Man U fan (albeit usually reasonable enough), so I'm not blaming you for a bit of straw clutching.

As for Bobby's form, the truth is he has been pretty patchy form wise in nearly every season for us. He's never been prolific, even at his best, and the start of every season he generally doesn't seem at his best. And yet look at our results over the last 2-3 years. It could not be more proven that we can consistently win with him in the team. Last season, he struggled for goals all season. Look at our points total. We know that he just works in our system, there just isn't any doubt about it.

If it turns out that Jota works even better, great, even better. But if not, nobody at LFC, certainly not JĆ¼rgen, is sweating on whether Bobby can do the job we need. He's proved it time and again. And, above all, our results with him in the team have proved it. Having Bobby and Jota is a win-win for us, and I'm afraid it's pure wishful thinking on your part that it's got a downside.

Always reasonable with my thoughts, I don't have bitter Manc syndrome and certainly not straw clutching.  ;D  Not sure Jota can hold his form as its perfection in every way but by F**k the lads done well.

Bobby on form is absolute a win win but not happening of yet and no signs of it coming back so far.

Time will tell anyway.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #143: Nov 04, 2020 10:00:40 pm
      What a shame stadiums are empty what a buzz Jota would get with a full Anfield singing his name.

Any one made a song for him yet?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #144: Nov 04, 2020 10:11:30 pm
      What a shame stadiums are empty what a buzz Jota would get with a full Anfield singing his name.

Any one made a song for him yet?

He's a c**t he's c**t he's a c**t  :lmao:
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #145: Nov 04, 2020 10:15:57 pm
      Walked straight into that one 😆
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #146: Nov 04, 2020 10:28:13 pm

:lmao: :lmao:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #147: Nov 05, 2020 05:34:16 pm

But he's our c**t, our c**t, our c**t and that's why we like him, like him, like him, nar we F***ing love him, love him, love him whoa whoa whoaaaaaaaaaa, whoa whoa whoaaaaaaaa.  ;D

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #148: Nov 05, 2020 09:41:26 pm
      But he's our c**t, our c**t, our c**t and that's why we like him, like him, like him, nar we f**king love him, love him, love him whoa whoa whoaaaaaaaaaa, whoa whoa whoaaaaaaaa.  ;D

Famous saying with the scousers  ;D He may be a c**t but he's our c**t  :lmao:
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,972 posts | 2051 
      Reply #149: Nov 05, 2020 10:34:16 pm
      Good lord - quite a buy this guy is turning out to be! That was a beautiful hattrick on Wednesday. Just wait till the crowds flock back to Anfield. That Anfield roar will propel him even further! Exciting times ahead!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #150: Nov 06, 2020 02:06:13 am
      Wow just wow!

What a talent we have on our hands! That second goal, the take down, the smash into the back of the net just shows his supreme confidence at the moment. Long may he play!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #151: Nov 06, 2020 09:43:22 am
      Wow just wow!

What a talent we have on our hands! That second goal, the take down, the smash into the back of the net just shows his supreme confidence at the moment. Long may he play!

Do we really need to know?   :f_whistle:
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #152: Nov 06, 2020 10:19:06 pm

Yes YOU F***ing do!  xxxxx:action-smiley-065: :D
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #153: Nov 07, 2020 10:20:27 am
      The new Neil Mellor - ā€œgoal machineā€ 🤣
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #154: Nov 07, 2020 10:53:35 am
      Good lord - quite a buy this guy is turning out to be! That was a beautiful hattrick on Wednesday. Just wait till the crowds flock back to Anfield. That Anfield roar will propel him even further! Exciting times ahead!

Wait. Is this the real you? Are you back?!?!?!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #155: Nov 07, 2020 11:39:51 am

No no no   :roll: Is it you?  :welcome: if it is you've been sorely missed. You deserve your own thread  ;D I better get back on topic.  ;D

tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #156: Nov 07, 2020 01:49:11 pm
      Wonder who will get the nod tomorrow
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,972 posts | 2051 
      Reply #157: Nov 09, 2020 10:40:33 pm
      Wait. Is this the real you? Are you back?!?!?!

Yes sir, it is I! How's everything going over in the states Robby??
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #158: Nov 09, 2020 10:48:27 pm
      Yes sir, it is I! How's everything going over in the states Robby??

It's been a really calm, quite year....... :-\ :f_steam:

Still working on my time machine to rewind everything back to January 1, 2020. Although it may be that I would just have to relive all the agony anyway as there is no way to change it, so I guess moving on is the better policy.

So to finally answer, things are just alright. Good to have you back.

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #159: Nov 22, 2020 08:10:37 pm
      Christ he's playing well the mother f**ker, your due a bad signing  ;D seriously though he's cheap at 40 million in today's market. He just can't do no wrong.

Great signing from Klopp and his scouts who can't see talent  :f_whistle:
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #160: Nov 22, 2020 08:14:27 pm
      ā€œWe paid too much for himā€ is a thought I donā€™t see crossing anyoneā€™s mind.

Quick Reply