Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Diogo Jota Player Thread (F)

Read 86371 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Re: Diogo Jota Player Thread
      Reply #207: Dec 12, 2020 06:13:04 pm
      Quoted for truth. If a player is going to get hurt, it can happen anywhere at any time.

Erm no the stats will show players are more likely to get injured when over played and with minimal rest between games.

rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,242 posts | 1652 
      Reply #208: Dec 12, 2020 06:20:54 pm
      Erm no the stats will show players are more likely to get injured when over played and with minimal rest between games.

He was rested FFS against Leicester who else could of he have played who wasnt playing already No Shaq, Glatzel,Brewster,Wilson the list goes on
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,523 posts | 388 
      Reply #209: Dec 12, 2020 06:25:04 pm
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #210: Dec 12, 2020 06:27:43 pm
      He was rested FFS against Leicester who else could of he have played who wasnt playing already No Shaq, Glatzel,Brewster,Wilson the list goes on

Our squad is starting to look very thin now.

An injury to Salah or Mane we can write the season off.

I wonder if we can pick up an attacking player in January with money from Origi and Shaq sales?
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,288 posts | 2806 
      Reply #211: Dec 12, 2020 06:28:50 pm
      No depth up top now for the busy festive period.

We're in big trouble.
      rossyred

• 9,242 posts | 1652 
      Reply #212: Dec 12, 2020 06:34:13 pm
      Our squad is starting to look very thin now.

An injury to Salah or Mane we can write the season off.

I wonder if we can pick up an attacking player in January with money from Origi and Shaq sales?

Not sure Pal and with form of Origi and injury record of Shaq be lucky to afford a championship player
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #213: Dec 12, 2020 07:14:30 pm
      Exactly, this is just poor luck coupled with an environment that is perfect for injuries.

He rotated as much as he could:

LB: rotated in the form Tsimikas (got injured)

LCB: rotated in the form of Rhys

RCB: played fab 45 mins before playing Koumetio (u-23 kid)

RB: Trent played the 90 minutes to regain fitness

CDM: Rotated in the form of Clarkson (u-23 kid)

RCM: Keita playing to regain fitness and subbed off

LCM: Minamino played in there because we had nobody else other than regulars (Henderson, Wijnaldum, and Jones)

LW: Jota was supposed to act as rotation because other than him, there was only Origi who is not a starter who could play and he was already playing

ST: rotated in the form of Origi

RW: Salah because there was no one left to play other than regulars

Edit:

This is the list of players that were available (on the bench) once that heavily rotated starting XI was fielded: Adrian, Jarosz (GK), Matip, Koumetio,Robbo,Neco, Hendo, Jones, Gini, Jake Cain, Sadio, Bobby

If you factor in that Trent and Keita were playing for match fitness, I don't see which regular he could've rested he did not rest in one way or the other. Short from fielding the whole u-23 team and getting a sh*t ton of criticism (probably from the same people), I don't see what he does to avoid. Poor luck and a particularly agressive Midtjylland team for a game that had nothing significant attached to it, that's all.

Oh rubbish, of course he could have rotted more MiniMe could gave played as forward and then just fill the other positions with any able body, it was F***ing stupid risking 2 of your main players in that game!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #214: Dec 12, 2020 07:15:13 pm

Play Adrian outfield, who cares, you just need 11 players.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #215: Dec 12, 2020 07:16:59 pm
      Not sure Pal and with form of Origi and injury record of Shaq be lucky to afford a championship player

I'd take Sarr from the Championship.
      rossyred

• 9,242 posts | 1652 
      Reply #216: Dec 12, 2020 07:49:43 pm
      Play Adrian outfield, who cares, you just need 11 players.

2m riding on a win which is not to be sniffed at I can understand the frustration  but it is what it is
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #217: Dec 12, 2020 07:52:10 pm
      2m riding on a win which is not to be sniffed at I can understand the frustration  but it is what it is

Let's hope we put that 2m towards a forward in January.
      rossyred

• 9,242 posts | 1652 
      Reply #218: Dec 12, 2020 08:05:20 pm
      Let's hope we put that 2m towards a forward in January.

We can't we didnt win  :lmao:
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,138 posts | 1084 
      Reply #219: Dec 13, 2020 12:14:55 am
      Dude wtf? You can't complain about fixture list the way he did then play starters in a meaningless game. Its just a bad look. Why couldn't we have have fielded a team of U23 players along with fringe guys? He did it in games that meant something (league cup games) he sure as hell can find a way to keep our top notch guys away from injury. This could end up being really bad. Firmino isn't the same player this season, but we haven't felt his lack of production as Jota has picked up the slack. Klopp has even picked Jota over him a lot here recently. FFS
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #220: Dec 13, 2020 01:16:39 am

Haha that makes it even worse!

Did it even cover our flights home from midgieland?
      liverpoolcore
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 104 posts | 10 
      Reply #221: Dec 13, 2020 05:43:46 am
      No depth up top now for the busy festive period.

We're in big trouble.
      chamberlain could play at the wings
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,907 posts | 4973 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #222: Dec 13, 2020 07:45:24 am
      Exactly, this is just poor luck coupled with an environment that is perfect for injuries.

He rotated as much as he could:

LB: rotated in the form Tsimikas (got injured)

LCB: rotated in the form of Rhys

RCB: played fab 45 mins before playing Koumetio (u-23 kid)

RB: Trent played the 90 minutes to regain fitness

CDM: Rotated in the form of Clarkson (u-23 kid)

RCM: Keita playing to regain fitness and subbed off

LCM: Minamino played in there because we had nobody else other than regulars (Henderson, Wijnaldum, and Jones)

LW: Jota was supposed to act as rotation because other than him, there was only Origi who is not a starter who could play and he was already playing

ST: rotated in the form of Origi

RW: Salah because there was no one left to play other than regulars

Edit:

This is the list of players that were available (on the bench) once that heavily rotated starting XI was fielded: Adrian, Jarosz (GK), Matip, Koumetio,Robbo,Neco, Hendo, Jones, Gini, Jake Cain, Sadio, Bobby

If you factor in that Trent and Keita were playing for match fitness, I don't see which regular he could've rested he did not rest in one way or the other. Short from fielding the whole u-23 team and getting a sh*t ton of criticism (probably from the same people), I don't see what he does to avoid. Poor luck and a particularly agressive Midtjylland team for a game that had nothing significant attached to it, that's all.

Lots of you poking the hornets nest hoping for a reaction, this post explains a lot and points out how short we are because of injuries, if you really want to vent your spleen have a look at the fixture schedule and those f***in idiots who think it’s ok for players to play every three f***in days with little or no recovery time, then factor in travel time, no time to be on the training pitches, etc etc,

So sit yourselves down and have a nice wee mug of shut the F**k up, you obviously have no idea of the intensity levels we play at,it’s absolutely full on both in training and match day, it’s why we are the champions, this why Jürgen, Pep G, etc are screaming for 5 subs, in our case we are down to the bare bones hence having to use U 23 players in a Champions League fixture dead rubber or not,

There are many brains needing engagement before the operating of many gobs !

Jota could have picked up his injury at any time, same as any player, pitchside or in training, I just think we have been hit by a streak of mis- fortune injury wise, when do you see as many injuries as we have at any one time, it’s freaky, and not helped by a concertina’d fixture schedule which is just f***in crazy at normal times never mind Covid and very soon the usual Xmas madness,

Some of you need to get a f***in grip !

Y  N  W  A
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #223: Dec 13, 2020 10:12:25 am
      chamberlain could play at the wings

No he can't, he's sh*te on the wings
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #224: Dec 13, 2020 10:13:58 am

Lots of you poking the hornets nest hoping for a reaction, this post explains a lot and points out how short we are because of injuries, if you really want to vent your spleen have a look at the fixture schedule and those f***in idiots who think it’s ok for players to play every three f***in days with little or no recovery time, then factor in travel time, no time to be on the training pitches, etc etc,

So sit yourselves down and have a nice wee mug of shut the f**k up, you obviously have no idea of the intensity levels we play at,it’s absolutely full on both in training and match day, it’s why we are the champions, this why Jürgen, Pep G, etc are screaming for 5 subs, in our case we are down to the bare bones hence having to use U 23 players in a Champions League fixture dead rubber or not,

There are many brains needing engagement before the operating of many gobs !

Jota could have picked up his injury at any time, same as any player, pitchside or in training, I just think we have been hit by a streak of mis- fortune injury wise, when do you see as many injuries as we have at any one time, it’s freaky, and not helped by a concertina’d fixture schedule which is just f***in crazy at normal times never mind Covid and very soon the usual Xmas madness,

Some of you need to get a f***in grip !

Y  N  W  A

Any player can pick up an injury at any time, including meaningless games, so why not minimise the number of chances to get injured, make sense?
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,277 posts | 762 
      Reply #225: Dec 13, 2020 10:19:39 am
      Huge blow losing Jota through injury at this stage of the season. I think that he added an extra dimension to our attack, scoring some important goals for the side. Hope that he is back in the not too distant future.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2765 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #226: Dec 13, 2020 10:21:34 am
      Any player can pick up an injury at any time, including meaningless games, so why not minimise the number of chances to get injured, make sense?

I do see your point but the Jota injury is of a nsture it could happen in  5 aside at training.

UEFA rules permitting, we could have left all 1st team players at home to rest. They could as easily pull up in training with something.

Weve coped well to this point..No reason we csnt continue. Ox nearly back need Keita and Taki to up it now
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #227: Dec 13, 2020 10:25:54 am
      I do see your point but the Jota injury is of a nsture it could happen in  5 aside at training.

UEFA rules permitting, we could have left all 1st team players at home to rest. They could as easily pull up in training with something.

Weve coped well to this point..No reason we csnt continue. Ox nearly back need Keita and Taki to up it now

Come on don't be daft, the risk of injury in training is considerably less than a match, plus those players needed a rest, I will maintain it was stupid to start any regular players in that match, especially playing them a full match, playing a half each would have made a bit more sense although if it was me I would have grabbed the opportunity to rest the entire team.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2765 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #228: Dec 13, 2020 10:31:50 am
      Come on don't be daft, the risk of injury in training is considerably less than a match, plus those players needed a rest, I will maintain it was stupid to start any regular players in that match, especially playing them a full match, playing a half each would have made a bit more sense although if it was me I would have grabbed the opportunity to rest the entire team.

Its arguable, especially Jotas type of injury. Be an interesting srat actually, injuries in matches v injuries in training
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #229: Dec 13, 2020 11:47:24 am
      So the source of this 2 month is a Portuguese paper called Record. How the F**k would they know before the offal and if they are right then questions need to be asked of Diogo.

Quick Reply