Trending Topics

Next match: Arsenal v LFC [Friendly] Thu 1st Aug @ 12:30 am
      Lincoln Financial Field

Today is the 27th of July and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W3 D4 L3

Diogo Jota Player Thread (F)

Read 102905 times
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,641 posts | 1824 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Re: Diogo Jota Player Thread (F)
      Reply #897: Jan 23, 2024 07:40:00 am
      I'm always amazed pundits forget about rush when they compare previous strikers. Rush was the best. Deadly.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,938 posts | 830 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #898: Jan 23, 2024 09:58:18 am
      I'm always amazed pundits forget about rush when they compare previous strikers. Rush was the best. Deadly.

Recency bias is huge, I am sorry but Jota is not a better finisher than even Torres for me.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,641 posts | 1824 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #899: Jan 23, 2024 10:12:26 am
      Recency bias is huge, I am sorry but Jota is not a better finisher than even Torres for me.

yea, its the old football started with premier league. l o l

I would have torres above jota as well.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,735 posts | 8767 
      Reply #900: Jan 24, 2024 01:27:07 pm
      I always find that the way he reacts instinctively to situations reminds me of Suarez a bit (not comparing them as players, just this aspect of their game). Suarez would also occasionally miscontrol or mishit a ball, but then react almost immediately and rescue a situation that looked lost. Jota also does that, his second goal today is a very good example of it.

His finishing and the way he plays reminds of Fowler. Natural!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,735 posts | 8767 
      Reply #901: Jan 24, 2024 01:28:00 pm

Torres is not a better finisher if you compare him to Ian Rush!!
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,938 posts | 830 
      Reply #902: Jan 24, 2024 01:41:09 pm
      Torres is not a better finisher if you compare him to Ian Rush!!

Recency bias can only get you so far haha.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,735 posts | 8767 
      Reply #903: Jan 24, 2024 01:55:41 pm
      Recency bias can only get you so far haha.

Explain regency bias you whopper?

What's regency bias in mentioning our record goal scorer?

Did you ever watch Ian Rush in his pomp. I'll take it as no obviously, because if you had you would know with his pressing game and clinical finishing, he would make Haaland look like a F***ing amateur.

Explain don't just spout snowflake sh*te lad!!
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,938 posts | 830 
      Reply #904: Jan 24, 2024 01:59:48 pm

I was saying recency bias is putting Jota ahead of Torres and Suarez so the fact he has been finishing so well recently for us is clouding people's judgement when comparing those three players, Ian Rush is obviously on a different level from those three so the impact of recency bias wouldn't play a part as the stat's don't lie for rushie. Hence my response recency bias can only get you so far as in it can make some think he is better than Suarez and Torres, but surely not Rush.

Or are you saying Jota is a better finisher than Rush and my comment on recency bias is bs?
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,938 posts | 830 
      Reply #905: Jan 24, 2024 02:03:50 pm

Did you ever watch Ian Rush in his pomp. I'll take it as no obviously, because if you had you would know with his pressing game and clinical finishing, he would make Haaland look like a F***ing amateur.

Yeah, you misunderstood what I was saying, none of my comments infer Rush is better due to recency bias, I am saying even recency bias cannot make people rate Jota ahead of Rush because he was that good.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,735 posts | 8767 
      Reply #906: Jan 24, 2024 02:03:50 pm
      I was saying recency bias is putting Jota ahead of Torres and Suarez so the fact he has been finishing so well recently for us is clouding people's judgement when comparing those three players, Ian Rush is obviously on a different level from those three so the impact of recency bias wouldn't play a part as the stat's don't lie for rushie.

Or are you saying Jota is a better finisher than Rush and my comment on recency bias is bs?

I never compared Jota to Rush.

I don't compare anyone to Rush  my F***ing hero!! No one is on his level of finishing, not Suarez, not Torres or Jota. Simples!!

Suarez is one of the best footballers I've seen, but none of them are on the level of finishing like Rush

I compared Jota's finishing like Fowler's. Instinctive and they both head the ball the same way.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,938 posts | 830 
      Reply #907: Jan 24, 2024 02:04:59 pm
      I never compared Jota to Rush.

I don't compare anyone to Rush  my F***ing hero!! No one is on his level of finishing, not Suarez, not Torres or Jota. Simples!!

Suarez is one of the best footballers I've seen, but none of them are on the level of finishing like Rush

I compared Jota's finishing like Fowler's. Instinctive and they bother headers ball the same way.

I was joking that even recency bias can't impact Rush he is that good, we are on the same page when it comes to Rush vs others.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,939 posts | 6851 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #908: Feb 01, 2024 01:15:16 am
      GIVE THE BALL TO JOTA AND HE'LL SCORE!!!!

What a nice ring that has to it!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,554 posts | 2801 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #909: Feb 01, 2024 08:58:41 am
      GIVE THE BALL TO JOTA AND HE'LL SCORE!!!!

What a nice ring that has to it!

I’m getting to like a few of your players but he’s always been top of the list for me. Not a good sign being a manc. 🤦‍♂️
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,221 posts | 174 
      Reply #910: Feb 01, 2024 09:02:13 am
      He was at Salah's level yesterday. The future is bright if he keeps on doing that. He was often going absent in big games and yesterday he took responsivity and scored an important goal. Although Bradley made the assist, this goal is really his doing. We won't miss Salah now or in the future, that much, if Jota keeps playing at this level. I like how he plays for himself and for others, he always try to find the best solution and shoots when he's confident he has a decent chance.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #911: Feb 01, 2024 09:13:37 am
      He was at Salah's level yesterday. The future is bright if he keeps on doing that. He was often going absent in big games and yesterday he took responsivity and scored an important goal. Although Bradley made the assist, this goal is really his doing. We won't miss Salah now or in the future, that much, if Jota keeps playing at this level. I like how he plays for himself and for others, he always try to find the best solution and shoots when he's confident he has a decent chance.

Sorry mate have to disagree. Jota doesn't go missing in big games or any other. He's consistent.

Last time mo was at Afcon (and sadio) Jota carried the load. He was exceptional.

He's been my favourite player for almost his entire time here. This season I think plenty are starting to see just how good he is and appreciate him. Not knocking anyone at all , but he was always under the radar I felt.

Such a clever player. And a great finisher. Has a knackered of getting the first or the decisive goal in games. Love him.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,221 posts | 174 
      Reply #912: Feb 02, 2024 08:35:35 am
      Sorry mate have to disagree. Jota doesn't go missing in big games or any other. He's consistent.

Last time mo was at Afcon (and sadio) Jota carried the load. He was exceptional.

He's been my favourite player for almost his entire time here. This season I think plenty are starting to see just how good he is and appreciate him. Not knocking anyone at all , but he was always under the radar I felt.

Such a clever player. And a great finisher. Has a knackered of getting the first or the decisive goal in games. Love him.

Can you recall a great game from him, individually, against top teams? I remember the goal against Tottenham and according to this website, he scored 7 against Arsenal. https://www.lfchistory.net/Players/Player/Profile/1373

I have always been a fan but I have to admit that till now, he has not been at the level of the very best players by performing against the best oppositions regularly. I remember seeing him fade out in the Champions League.

That's the reality. I will always recall that after covering superbly for Mane and Salah for AFCON 2021, Jota did not score for 13 games at the end of that season.

I love him, every time he's fit, he is in my Fantasy PL team. But till now, he had not reached the level of Mane/Firmino.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,746 posts | 3746 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #913: Feb 02, 2024 09:21:35 am
      He is super deadly, his quality is that literally every time he's dangerous. Darwin is dangerously very time but not obviously as deadly.
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #914: Feb 17, 2024 08:41:20 pm
      Absolutely devastated to see what's happened there today. Not seen the game or the incident but fearing to worst. I'm not sure what else it could be other than a long term knee injury ... and if it is its doubtful he will be ready for the start of next season. My favourite player ... I'd give the 3 points up today to have him be OK ... but as I say, fearing the worst.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,565 posts | 231 
      Reply #915: Feb 17, 2024 09:05:07 pm
      Fearing the worst

We know he seems to be a bit injury prone around his hamstring area but this injury could be the end of the season

He basically had someone’s weight go on the top of his knee cap area whilst having his leg extended so it stretched it down like a trampoline

Here’s hoping it’s some how bruising if that even is possible but most likely is a tear as it always seems to be these days
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,131 posts | 83 
      Reply #916: Feb 17, 2024 09:17:58 pm
      We still have Diaz, Nunez, Salah and Gakpo as strikers. So it is not a disaster. But if one of them goes down for longer we are screwed.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,746 posts | 3746 
      Reply #917: Feb 18, 2024 10:15:53 am
      We still have Diaz, Nunez, Salah and Gakpo as strikers. So it is not a disaster. But if one of them goes down for longer we are screwed.

I take him over all of those strikers when everyone is fit.

Get well soon 🙏
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #918: Feb 18, 2024 10:20:34 am
      I think Mo and Diogo are elite players. A level at least above the others. Hopefully Diogo can come back this season but it's not looking good. Fingers crossed
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,746 posts | 3746 
      Reply #919: Feb 18, 2024 10:48:12 am
      People are saying that he is injury prone. It has nothing to do with it because any player having other one falling that way will be injured.

Quick Reply