Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Diogo Jota Player Thread (F)

Read 88319 times
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,114 posts | 83 
      Re: Diogo Jota Player Thread (F)
      Reply #920: Feb 18, 2024 11:10:05 am
      People are saying that he is injury prone. It has nothing to do with it because any player having other one falling that way will be injured.

Exactly. Therefore you have to look at the circumstances of the injury.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,020 posts | 527 
      Reply #921: Feb 18, 2024 11:57:22 am
      Watching it again on MOTD I have some hope that it is just bruising from impact. Didn't look like the knee could bend back too far. However I'm not a doctor and am probably talking sh*te cos of wishful thinking.

We'll miss him when he's out. Maybe been our best player this season. Certainly the last couple of months, he's been at the top of his form.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,284 posts | 1664 
      Reply #922: Feb 18, 2024 03:25:38 pm
      Watching it again on MOTD I have some hope that it is just bruising from impact. Didn't look like the knee could bend back too far. However I'm not a doctor and am probably talking sh*te cos of wishful thinking.

We'll miss him when he's out. Maybe been our best player this season. Certainly the last couple of months, he's been at the top of his form.

Be surprised if he plays again this season
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts | 154 
      Reply #923: Feb 18, 2024 04:00:08 pm
      As 1 player returns, one falls. Other times they rejoin for a few days training or 5 mins or football and they fall again. Story of our season, story of our time under Klopp.

The footballing Gods do not want us to have a fully fit squad, even for 1 week of the season is seemingly too much to ask for.

Not only the number of injuries but the extent of them too, always seem to be the worst possible outcome. Truly horrifying.

All the best in your recovery Diogo and hope to see you before the end of the year.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,162 posts | 1092 
      Reply #924: Feb 18, 2024 04:16:17 pm

I hope you're right bud. Looked like the knee extended sideways. ACL or MCL is my fear.

Would love to be wrong
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,936 posts | 4993 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #925: Feb 18, 2024 07:26:04 pm
      It seems he was walking unaided after so might not be as bad as we all feared !!
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3407 
      Reply #926: Feb 18, 2024 09:32:37 pm
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts | 154 
      Reply #927: Feb 18, 2024 09:57:04 pm
      Fantastic isn't quite the word I'd use when you've lost a key player for 2 months.

Are we supposed to get on our knees and thank the footballing heavens it wasn't 10 months instead?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3407 
      Reply #928: Feb 18, 2024 10:27:18 pm
      Fantastic isn't quite the word I'd use when you've lost a key player for 2 months.

Are we supposed to get on our knees and thank the footballing heavens it wasn't 10 months instead?

What would you like her to say then instead
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts | 154 
      Reply #929: Feb 18, 2024 10:32:22 pm
      What would you like her to say then instead

Starting the tweet with "Breaking" would've sufficed.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #930: Feb 19, 2024 12:06:04 am
      Of all our Players to go down with an injury, of course it had to be Jota fukkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk kkkkkkkkkkkk

With his previous injuries, they always kept him out for a large chunk of the season, so fearing the worst again.

How unlucky is he and us? Of all the ways to get injured,  some fat c**t lands on his knee!!! F**k sake!!!

I tell ya, there is Voodoo Dolls of all our players out there. We have to find the c**t/s who made them and Kill them!
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,162 posts | 1092 
      Reply #931: Feb 19, 2024 12:23:56 am
      Of all our Players to go down with an injury, of course it had to be Jota fukkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk kkkkkkkkkkkk

With his previous injuries, they always kept him out for a large chunk of the season, so fearing the worst again.

How unlucky is he and us? Of all the ways to get injured,  some fat c**t lands on his knee!!! F**k sake!!!

I tell ya, there is Voodoo Dolls of all our players out there. We have to find the c**t/s who made them and Kill them!
      Lallana will be here in a few minutes to ask for a break down in stats during each one of Jotas time in and out the teams and then tell you voodoo dolls are impractical and have nothing to do with injuries.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #932: Feb 19, 2024 12:40:04 am
      Lallana will be here in a few minutes to ask for a break down in stats during each one of Jotas time in and out the teams and then tell you voodoo dolls are impractical and have nothing to do with injuries.

:D

Got him on ignore so won't see it!  :lmao:
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts | 154 
      Reply #933: Feb 19, 2024 01:09:47 am

How disturbingly sad can some people be.
      CT_LFC

• 6,808 posts | 1402 
      Reply #934: Feb 19, 2024 01:55:19 am

On your knees or not, should be thankful it's not a 10-month injury. Injuries that long can be career-altering and Diogo is a terrific player in his prime years.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #935: Feb 19, 2024 02:41:31 am
      This one’s gonna suck. Gakpo is really gonna need to step up.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Reply #936: Feb 19, 2024 05:31:42 am
      Starting the tweet with "Breaking" would've sufficed.

Agree.

Weird headline when he's basically out for the rest of the season.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,349 posts | 1622 
      Reply #937: Feb 19, 2024 07:03:25 am
      First thing I thought was out for rest of the season , and somehow that’s good news . Will wait for the official verdict not some fcker tweeting .
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,372 posts | 1029 
      Reply #938: Feb 19, 2024 07:59:19 am
      Can you imagine us lining up with players like Thiago, Szob, Jota and Salah in the same team? Probably will never happen now.

It’s like our CL/ league winning side, we would probably all pretty much pick the same 11 but they only ever all started a game together once.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts | 154 
      Reply #939: Feb 19, 2024 10:14:50 am
      First thing I thought was out for rest of the season , and somehow that’s good news . Will wait for the official verdict not some fcker tweeting .

This is basically what it's come down to for us now isn't it? Anything less than 6 months is deemed F***ing good news. F***ing ridiculous.

Where's the Luton match thread because I'm getting myself angry rewinding the injuries over in my mind.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,050 posts | 2102 
      Reply #940: Feb 19, 2024 10:55:23 am
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3407 
      Reply #941: Feb 19, 2024 11:02:19 am
      Am I supposed to be dancing in the streets like Bowie and Jagger to this news??

Losing Jota is always a blow , I’m glad that it seems a short spell as opposed to a serious long term injury
      Don77

• 6,529 posts | 1083 
      Reply #942: Feb 19, 2024 11:33:35 am
      Am I supposed to be dancing in the streets like Bowie and Jagger to this news??

It's the best we could have hoped for really. If this is true he could be back for the run in. Going to miss some big games obviously ... but it could have been 8/9 months with an ACL? This would be the best of a bad bunch.

Hopefully the rumours re salah and Darwin are not accurate. With 4 fit forwards we have enough. Cody did well on Saturday and Mo is just Mo isn't he. Hadn't missed a beat.  It's Jota's goals we will miss but the others need to step up ...

Get well soon Diogo and get ready for the run in.

Quick Reply