Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Diogo Jota Player Thread (F)

Read 83636 times
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Re: Diogo Jota Player Thread
      Reply #345: Mar 16, 2021 01:14:47 pm
      Jota been called up for Portugal for the World Cup qualifiers, Portugal changed their home games to play them in Italy so that their Premier league players do not have to quarantine on their return to the UK. But I just seen a rumour that boris has taken Portugal off the quarantine list? Not sure

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #346: Mar 16, 2021 05:50:48 pm
      You have to shoot to score, and it was at least on target. Wasn't a great goal, but turned out to be pretty damn important. I'd honestly rest Mane and give Bobby a chance to play with Jota the next game. Just to get some rotation going.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #347: Mar 16, 2021 07:24:17 pm
      You have to shoot to score, and it was at least on target. Wasn't a great goal, but turned out to be pretty damn important. I'd honestly rest Mane and give Bobby a chance to play with Jota the next game. Just to get some rotation going.

At least on target? What?

I don’t understand why this goal isn’t getting more love?

https://twitter.com/lfc/status/1371612267901378560?s=21

For me, that strike is intentional, first time, and a sweet connection.

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2051 
      Reply #348: Mar 16, 2021 08:20:21 pm

It's a sublime goal. Superb movement and flow from the whole team.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #349: Mar 16, 2021 10:32:06 pm

Because it should have been saved 9/10 times by a decent keeper. Luckily for us it wasn't.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #350: Mar 16, 2021 11:07:28 pm
      Just glad he's back in the action. Seems to be silky smooth, gliding across the turf.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #351: Mar 17, 2021 09:26:45 am
      Because it should have been saved 9/10 times by a decent keeper. Luckily for us it wasn't.

I'm not sure I agree, I don't think the keeper was expecting the snap-shot, he probably thought Jota would take one touch and either cross it or shoot.  As it was the shot was curling away from the keeper and skidding, it was a good goal, saveable possibly but still a damn good shot and goal.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #352: Mar 17, 2021 02:01:17 pm
      I'm not sure I agree, I don't think the keeper was expecting the snap-shot, he probably thought Jota would take one touch and either cross it or shoot.  As it was the shot was curling away from the keeper and skidding, it was a good goal, saveable possibly but still a damn good shot and goal.

I agree. The GK was surprised by the shot which was so quick. It's not so easy to get down that quick. It could have been saved but it was a good shot.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #353: Mar 17, 2021 02:05:17 pm

It was a damn good shot, and not an easy one as well, but that is definitely soft on the keeper.
      sebby
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 622 posts | 59 
      Reply #354: Mar 18, 2021 08:37:21 am
      Actually very Rush like, and i cant give him any more praise than that, just hope he stays fit and keeps banging the goals in
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #355: Mar 19, 2021 06:07:26 am
      https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/diogo-jota-liverpool-childhood-dream-20209728

I really think we have a chance to win this CL. We're another animal in the CL very often and I think the team is desperate to show that they are still worth something this season.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #356: Mar 19, 2021 07:28:56 am
      https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/diogo-jota-liverpool-childhood-dream-20209728

I really think we have a chance to win this CL. We're another animal in the CL very often and I think the team is desperate to show that they are still worth something this season.

Says you who was asking for Klopp to go 2 weeks ago?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #357: Mar 19, 2021 11:29:10 am

How dare he be unhappy at a sh*t run of form, how very dare he!!!!

Are people not allowed to have a change of opinion, should that not be encouraged?
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #358: Mar 19, 2021 02:44:49 pm

I said:"Clueless Klopp. He should really consider resigning. We can't sack him but if he's out of his depth, leave..."

Did I ask him to leave? No. I said that if he's out of depth, he should leave. I would never call for him to be sacked, it would be stupid for the management. We'd lose a lot of money and it would be detrimental to the moral of the club. But if Klopp thinks he cannot do more, he should leave. I really think that he's stuck in his ways and is being stubborn. We're in shambles.

And he has made it clear that he doesn't expect us to be in the top 4. What saves him is that the management is ok with that. At another club, he would have been sacked.

Is Klopp a  worlc class coach? Yes. do we havve a worlc class team? Yes. But when you play so poorly over more than three months and nothing changes, you should consider leaving. I stand by that.

As for the CL, I say it again, Liverpool is another animal in this competition. We did what no one else could vs Milan and vs Barca. We can win this trophy.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #359: Mar 19, 2021 11:45:40 pm
      Really can't make up some of the stuff that gets posted here
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #360: Mar 20, 2021 12:24:00 am
      How dare he be unhappy at a sh*t run of form, how very dare he!!!!

Are people not allowed to have a change of opinion, should that not be encouraged?

You flip flopper you..
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #361: Mar 20, 2021 09:27:01 am
      I said:"Clueless Klopp. He should really consider resigning. We can't sack him but if he's out of his depth, leave..."

Did I ask him to leave? No. I said that if he's out of depth, he should leave. I would never call for him to be sacked, it would be stupid for the management. We'd lose a lot of money and it would be detrimental to the moral of the club. But if Klopp thinks he cannot do more, he should leave. I really think that he's stuck in his ways and is being stubborn. We're in shambles.

And he has made it clear that he doesn't expect us to be in the top 4. What saves him is that the management is ok with that. At another club, he would have been sacked.

Is Klopp a  worlc class coach? Yes. do we havve a worlc class team? Yes. But when you play so poorly over more than three months and nothing changes, you should consider leaving. I stand by that.

As for the CL, I say it again, Liverpool is another animal in this competition. We did what no one else could vs Milan and vs Barca. We can win this trophy.

One bad season. Stop mard arsing and get behind these lads and the manager.

Its been a tough old season, the likelihood is we will win absolutely nothing and be out of the top 4. But theres reasons for that and I dont see any reason we can't get back to our best when the gang gets back together.

If anything this side has improved with the addition of Diogo into a team that had just pissed the league. Get Virgil and Joe back, with Hendo and Fab in front of them we are a top side again.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #362: Mar 20, 2021 10:47:52 am

Klopp is the best thing to happen to this club in years, love him so much! Just can’t understand anyone wanting him gone
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #363: Mar 20, 2021 03:43:10 pm

Is that meant as an insult? I wanted Klopp to change things up, he finally did so I'm happy.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #364: Mar 20, 2021 04:09:22 pm

He brought the UCL second time round and broke the curse after 30 years, leading us the famous 19th title. He is exempted from the sack this year not because he is out of his depth but because he brought and success. There were reasons for this huge drop: injuries, VAR, low energy after three huge seasons, no fans, etc.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #365: Mar 20, 2021 05:02:22 pm
      If Diogo Jota stays fit, think we have a chance of going even further in the Champions League, it is a pity this International break has come, just at the time where Diogo could have run into some kind of form, fitness provided he could certainly help to lift the side.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #366: Mar 20, 2021 09:01:30 pm
      If Diogo Jota stays fit, think we have a chance of going even further in the Champions League, it is a pity this International break has come, just at the time where Diogo could have run into some kind of form, fitness provided he could certainly help to lift the side.

Will he not run himself even more into form with Portugal?
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #367: Mar 21, 2021 10:08:30 am
      Will he not run himself even more into form with Portugal?

Fair point, as long as he does not pick up another injury playing for his country.

Quick Reply