Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Diogo Jota Player Thread (F)

Read 83619 times
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Re: Diogo Jota Player Thread
      Reply #598: Jul 14, 2022 08:57:10 pm
      We can't rush him because we need him back to full firing power.

Hope it is not a serious injury.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Re: Diogo Jota Player Thread (F)
      Reply #599: Jul 30, 2022 09:49:24 pm
      Congratulations to him on his engagement to his childhood sweetheart. Hope he recovers soon from his injury.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #600: Aug 02, 2022 11:43:36 am
      Jota getting a new deal seemingly.

Excellent news.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #601: Aug 02, 2022 12:08:40 pm
      Official. New contract
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #602: Aug 02, 2022 12:36:09 pm
      Great news
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #603: Aug 02, 2022 06:40:48 pm
      :scarf:
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #604: Aug 02, 2022 09:15:57 pm
      Great news!!  Excellent player, and in my opinion he's underappreciated by many fans.  I think Jota is going to be our top scorer this season -- just a feeling. 

YNWA Diogo!!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #605: Aug 02, 2022 09:38:42 pm
      Great news!!  Excellent player, and in my opinion he's underappreciated by many fans.  I think Jota is going to be our top scorer this season -- just a feeling. 

YNWA Diogo!!

is he under appreciated by fans or by the media I thought he gets good support on here but apart from Keith we are more cerebral .
      ?He really did make our season great after Mo and Sadio went on their AFCON holiday
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #606: Aug 02, 2022 11:45:13 pm
      is he under appreciated by fans or by the media I thought he gets good support on here but apart from Keith we are more cerebral .
      ?He really did make our season great after Mo and Sadio went on their AFCON holiday

One of his biggest fans mate. Go back in the archives and you see I’ve stated first name on the team sheet along with VVD. I like him a lot. Underrated by many but not by me.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Reply #607: Aug 03, 2022 12:08:58 am
      Another one signed up long term ensuring he spends the prime of his career in a red shirt. Good work the club.

Love Jota's attitude -- always incredibly professional and focused; works as hard as anyone. Cant wait to see him back fit and firing especially with the competition for places now!
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #608: Aug 03, 2022 07:36:34 am
      Big game goals last season, ones that stand out were City and Spurs away when the pressure was really on.

I think he really is a fabulous player and so glad we have him.
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 790 posts | 273 
      Reply #609: Aug 03, 2022 08:00:01 am
      Where will he play this season? Mostly on left or in centre. I think his flexibility could be a problem for him. The other forwards have a clearly defined position they prefer. Jota's ability to play different positions could mean he's filling in for others this season, similar to Mane last season.

This is not a criticism of him, it's a positive. I think he's a very valuable player for us.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #610: Aug 03, 2022 09:19:56 am
      He has been more than good since his arrival except for the end of last season: 13 games without scoring in a title-chasing team is worrying, but he'll improve. Anyway he's more than good enough for a sport in the starting 11. I just hope he gets his fair shares of minutes on the pitch. For me, although Diaz has been excellent, Jota has done more in terms of goals to deserve a starting spot.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #611: Aug 03, 2022 10:16:07 am
      Where will he play this season? Mostly on left or in centre. I think his flexibility could be a problem for him. The other forwards have a clearly defined position they prefer. Jota's ability to play different positions could mean he's filling in for others this season, similar to Mane last season.

This is not a criticism of him, it's a positive. I think he's a very valuable player for us.

I can see lots of rotation between Jota, Nunez, Bobby, Diaz & Carvahlo. elliott will be Salahs sub.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #612: Aug 03, 2022 11:41:24 am

Fair play, his flexibility however can only be a positive aspect for the team and indeed Jota himself, in time to come he will no doubt slot in to a more defined role.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #613: Aug 03, 2022 01:58:59 pm

YNWA Diogo!!

Are you off your head?

Under-appreciated.........nah!! They new song from last season is tantamount to how much he is appreciated.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #614: Aug 04, 2022 05:43:52 am
      Are you off your head?

Under-appreciated.........nah!! They new song from last season is tantamount to how much he is appreciated.

I think Jota is not appreciated enough given his stats. His stats are spectacular and makes him already one of the best forwards in the league but still most of us see Nunez and Diaz starting instead of him. I understand, they're new but they still need to show that they are better than Jota in terms of impact yet.

Yes, he's loved by fans but I don't understand how often he's forgotten in favour of the new boys.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #615: Aug 04, 2022 09:19:40 am
      I think Jota is not appreciated enough given his stats. His stats are spectacular and makes him already one of the best forwards in the league but still most of us see Nunez and Diaz starting instead of him. I understand, they're new but they still need to show that they are better than Jota in terms of impact yet.

Yes, he's loved by fans but I don't understand how often he's forgotten in favour of the new boys.

Only Favoured because Jota is injured.

David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #616: Aug 04, 2022 10:42:45 am
      I believe Jota will continue to score important goals and be a great asset to the side. Glad he has signed a new contract !
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #617: Aug 04, 2022 11:34:13 am
      Only Favoured because Jota is injured.

I hope so but when you read articles, most of them see Diaz, Nunez and Salah being our front 3 in the starting X1.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #618: Aug 04, 2022 01:03:11 pm
      I hope so but when you read articles, most of them see Diaz, Nunez and Salah being our front 3 in the starting X1.

Dont read crap journos. ;D

I actually think its Salah, Bobby & Diaz who will start most games just now, Nunez sub for Bobby. Then as we go into September more games happen, they will all rotate depending on tactics and fitness. Apart from Salah who ill play most games.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #619: Aug 05, 2022 12:14:26 pm
      The tough part for Jota is missing a majority of preseason he will really be behind fitness wise compared to the first team. Hoping it doesn't take too long because once September hits the games start coming in thick and fast.

As far as his prospects of locking down a regular starting spot he will be given lots of playing time with the amount of rotation needed to maneuver through congested fixture list.  If he finds his scoring boots like he had for the first 2/3rds last season his versatility will be benefit him as give Klopp more chance to slot him in the starting lineup.

harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #620: Aug 05, 2022 02:48:58 pm
      Are you off your head?

Go read through the posts about our best 11 -- a vast majority have Diaz, Nunez, and Mo as the best forward line, which I find insulting to Jota.  Diaz has shown promise, and Nunez looks a talent, but Jota has proven that he can bang in the goals regularly when he plays. 

I also recall many posters on here last season talking about how he doesn't get involved enough in the buildup and pressing, and he only scores goals.  I'll gladly take a player that goes missing for 80 minutes then pops up with 2 goals in 10 minutes.  It's a rare talent. 

I don't think he gets the respect he deserves from our own fans.  You can disagree -- you are entitled to your opinion, and I'll respect that :)

Quick Reply