Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Diogo Jota Player Thread (F)

Read 83626 times
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Re: Diogo Jota Player Thread (F)
      Reply #713: Apr 05, 2023 11:09:37 am
      Cant believe the guy is getting stick.

Was out for ages with a serious Injury, it takes time to get back to the level he was at.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #714: Apr 05, 2023 12:33:46 pm
      I don't think Jota was ever blessed with pace,
      but watching the last two games he looks like injuries
      have wiped out any pace he had.

Whenever there was a break on he was never able to catch up.
      Like watching someone stuck in the wrong gear.

Sounds bad. If I understand you correctly...
      1) he was already not fast to start off with
      2) the injuries may have slowed him down even further

Terrible outcome if so.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #715: Apr 05, 2023 02:40:04 pm

Was out for ages with a serious Injury, it takes time to get back to the level he was at.

He literally hasn't scored in almost a year. How long was he out? And how long can we expect for him to get back to pre-injury levels?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #716: Apr 05, 2023 03:38:36 pm
      He literally hasn't scored in almost a year. How long was he out? And how long can we expect for him to get back to pre-injury levels?

He's one of the players you'd have to look at if the club wanted to generate money on sales.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #717: Apr 05, 2023 04:05:05 pm
      He's one of the players you'd have to look at if the club wanted to generate money on sales.

I agree. Unfortunately though I do think he'd need replaced so it kind of offsets the benefit of selling him.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #718: Apr 05, 2023 04:42:07 pm

Im only judging him since hes back from this injury, and its not like hes came back into a confident squad.

With all strikers, once 1 goes in, more will follow.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #719: Apr 05, 2023 07:06:37 pm

Looks so out of form since his latest injury
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #720: Apr 05, 2023 07:30:42 pm

As much as I like and and rate him I agree.

CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #721: Apr 05, 2023 07:33:40 pm
      As much as I like and and rate him I agree.

I've said it before that i would be open to selling Jota and getting a better backup for Salah, so that when he's dogging it or needs rotation there is someone at a closer level to him to take his spot.

We are too LW heavy and no one really for RW outside of Salah.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #722: Apr 05, 2023 07:40:46 pm
      I've said it before that i would be open to selling Jota and getting a better backup for Salah, so that when he's dogging it or needs rotation there is someone at a closer level to him to take his spot.

We are too LW heavy and no one really for RW outside of Salah.

Doesn’t make any sense whatsoever when you have bigger issues that need sorting first. 🤦‍♂️
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #723: Apr 05, 2023 08:10:31 pm
      Some of y'all really act like this is the Football Manager game in real life.  :lmao:
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #724: Apr 05, 2023 08:22:48 pm
      Doesn’t make any sense whatsoever when you have bigger issues that need sorting first. 🤦‍♂️

stay in your lane

https://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,18149.0.html

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #725: Apr 05, 2023 08:27:43 pm
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #726: Apr 06, 2023 01:51:28 am

i dont get this link. what am i supposed to read over there?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #727: Apr 06, 2023 08:29:48 am
      Quote from PastorGeek link=topic=51722.msg2541802#msg2541802 : date=1680742288

:lmao: He’s trying to have  a pop at me, gave him some of his own medicine, most yanks can’t take it.  :f_whistle:
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #728: Apr 06, 2023 11:21:03 am
      I don’t think it was meant for you.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #729: Apr 06, 2023 05:25:42 pm
      I don’t think it was meant for you.

Oh damn, i was multitasking and completely misread ;D
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #730: Apr 07, 2023 12:14:55 am
      Still think Diogo has a great Football mind and clever feet, just feels like his body is not connecting with what his brain  wants him to do at the moment.

Hopefully it is just lack of game time and he can get his groove back because he his our best chance of scoring a header from one of our corners. He used to be clinical.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #731: Apr 07, 2023 04:38:10 am

Also, the problem for him as with the rest of our forward line is the almost non existent creation for them. They are left almost completely to themselves. We cannot keep hold of the ball and we cannot get out of our half with the ball. Our creativity comes, almost exclusively, from long passes from our own half by the CBs or TAA.

To illustrate my argument, lets take a look at the last few goals we've scored (all competitions included but without taking into account the UTD game):

- Against City (1st of April) = Trent pass over the top with the City backline caught very high up which allows the three forwards to run almost entirely freely at Ederson and score 

- Against Wolves (March 1st) = Van Dijk via a set-piece + Tsimikas run down the left side followed by a cross which is met by Salah

- Against RM  (Feb 21) = Nunez via a nifty piece of creativity from Mo (forward feeding another forward) + the Courtois mistake which Mo pounces on

- Against Newcastle (Feb 18) = Nunez via an over the top pass from TAA from our own half + another nifty piece of creativity from Mo to give the one touch pass to Gakpo (once again forward feeding another forward)

So, all in all we do not score a lot of goals and when we do its either via something that ressembles more a counter attack than anything actually creative with TAA sending a long ball from our own half onto one of the running forwards or, the other option, our forwards get the ball up high and create, between them, the goal and finish it. There is no sustained possession and press resistance and therefore the midfield is not even involved in this whole area of the game (creation).

Since the start of the season people have been moaning about the forwards (Nunez, Mo and even Gakpo and Jota were given a taste of it), but nobody wants to acknowledge that those guys are given absolutely nothing to work with. Looking at the numbers they've put up vs the sh*t that they have to work with I would say they are actually overachieving if anything.

That doesn't mean that they are free of mistakes as I believe the press starts with them and they have done a sh*t job at it all year which leads to our midfield having to sit much higher to compensate which in turn means theres a wide strip of pitch between them and the backline for the opposition team to use and run at our stranded backline who then has to run back. Think how many times we've see one of our CB in a foot race against the other team's forward this season vs other seasons, its not even close and no wonder our defensive numbers are down because of that. And here, again people make the wrong analysis and talk about VVD's sprinting ability before and after injury despite it being no problem last year and also despite every other CB facing the same problem and allowing the same type of goals.

All in all, the team is performing like sh*t and when you have a manager like Klopp (or any other top manager) you can't afford for a piece of the puzzle to not fit because the whole system crumbles and its not as easy as to just say ''why doesn't he switch to a 3 at the back'' or ''Jota is not scoring''. You either play the system right from top to bottom or you suffer. The other alternative is you get yourself an average manager with no system and enjoy watching boring football that extracts not even half of what a top manager's system will extract of a team like this one when the team is actually performing 110% week-in week-out.

Smitty80sbaby
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 113 posts | 25 
      Reply #732: Apr 10, 2023 05:45:56 pm
      Another game without a goal. I hope he finds his scoring boots asap
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #733: Apr 11, 2023 12:53:05 pm

Thought he did well in the first half.
      Made the right run three times, just at the edge of the box, to receive a ball.
      Not his fault Salah didn't square it to him and went for the shot instead.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #734: Apr 11, 2023 08:20:48 pm

Set up the first and won the pen, was unlucky to be taken off. Had a good game as far as I am concerned

rossyred

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Reply #735: Apr 11, 2023 10:02:49 pm
      Can't stand him out left play him in middle or not at all

Quick Reply