Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Chelsea?

Alisson
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
       Fabinho
      56 (49.1%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Naby Keïta
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      55 (48.2%)
      Roberto Firmino
      1 (0.9%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      2 (1.8%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Takumi Minamino
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 112

Voting closed: Sep 24, 2020 06:22:51 pm

Chelsea 0-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 23622 times
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,249 posts | 1000 
      Re: Chelsea 0-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #391: Sep 20, 2020 07:03:49 pm
      So hard to choose between Fab and Sadio, but I think Fab in a unatural position, looked on top of Werner
      Good win, agreat one would have been 4 or 5, and was possible.
       Thiago looked like he's played here for years, what a player

I agree, hard to choose between the two, but I went for Fab for the same reason you did. As for Thiago, I was excited before, that level has now gone up mega fold! What a player!

chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,288 posts | 2806 
      Reply #392: Sep 20, 2020 07:11:29 pm
      Favourite bit had to be when we pressed Kante into running it out of play in the 93rd minute and you've got Thiago fist pumping away like someone's bagged an injury time winner.

Unreal machine we are.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #393: Sep 20, 2020 07:16:20 pm
      Absolute stroll that, them going down to three men probably helped but boss finishing from Mane, good pen save from Alisson, excellent 45 minute debut from Thiago, but Fab was F***ing immense, definitely have him as motm especially after all the pre-game bollocks about him being out of position etc.

Great three points.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #394: Sep 20, 2020 07:20:39 pm
      Great result, Chelsea away is nice fixture to collect all 3 points and get out if the way early before they find their rythem and deal with fixture pile up.

It was a decent first half, we controlled the play but didn't create much but never gave Chelsea much of a sniff and once we went up a man we did a very professional like job making the most of it.

Also credit to Alisson who stopped the pk, could made things tricky but he guessed right.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #395: Sep 20, 2020 07:23:45 pm
      Well that was easy!
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,121 posts | 126 
      Reply #396: Sep 20, 2020 07:40:28 pm
      Yep,some may point to the fact that the turning point was the sending off etc but before and after I thought we were in total control and deserving of the 3 points roll on Lincoln city 😎.

Don't forget with Diogo, hopefully looking good
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #397: Sep 20, 2020 07:50:05 pm
      Jorginho there with a stupid little skip before his kick - totally ruining his ability to get loads of power behind it.

Good stop Alisson!

Know what, though? I think it's a decent tactic before they came down heavy on keepers coming off the line. Now I think its gotta be twatted
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #398: Sep 20, 2020 07:56:36 pm
      hmm, bit nervous with Fabinho at CB, especially with no cover for him.

Man Of The Match ...
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #399: Sep 20, 2020 08:01:01 pm
      Thiago.

Had more touches in 45 minutes than any Chav player had all game.

Broke Premier league record for most passes !
      sebby
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 624 posts | 59 
      Reply #400: Sep 20, 2020 08:01:20 pm
      Really thought that would have been a lot harder match, best team by a mile,bossed the 1st half, even when it was 11v11 Fabinho motm for me
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #401: Sep 20, 2020 08:03:03 pm

I just wanted to go above Everton in the table.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #402: Sep 20, 2020 08:03:33 pm

Yes, he was my MOTM as well, very impressive.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #403: Sep 20, 2020 08:06:01 pm
      Unbelievable performance and a fantastic result. I know it’s cliche and neville said it a few times during commentary but that was a true champions like performance. It was men against boys.

Before kick off I was a little bit nervous. I thought fabinho playing in the back four would cause us problems in midfield and we might get over run. But we controlled the game start to finish and it was just pure dominance.

Alisson - literally didn’t have a thing to do other than save a penalty.

Trent - he looked back to his best today after a poor performance v Leeds. Defensively solid, good going forward and some great balls into the box.

Fabinho - I like to give motm to the match winners or goal scorers but he was by far motm today. Immense. Didn’t put a foot wrong.

Vvd - Just like trent, looked back to his best. Didn’t put a foot wrong either.

Robertson - I’m like a broken record now but another one who didn’t put a foot wrong. Up and down the flank all game and defensively solid.

Hendo - Now I’m not a huge fan of Jordan playing in the holding role but thought he did a very good job in there today. Mopped up anything he had to and kept the ball moving.

Gini - Thought he was quiet in the first half but had a couple of half chances that he should have done better with. Grew into the game more in the second half though.

Keita - Similar performance to what we saw v Leeds. I don’t think he did anything particularly outstanding or of note but I don’t think he had a poor game either. He basically did his job. I’d like to see him involve himself a bit more (maybe he’s under managers order to be a bit more disciplined) because I know there’s a big player in there somewhere, I just want him to show it more.

Salah - I thought he had another good game. He looks sharp to me. Didn’t get the opportunity to score really other then right at the end which he perhaps should have, but he was always giving us options, always involved, he played well.

Mane - Can’t put into words how much I love sadio. He’s just exceptional and I love watching him play. Every game he works his socks off and he has the quality to really hurt teams. He keeps growing as a player too, he’s not just about pace and power which opposition fans might think possibly, he’s also unbelievably good on the ball too. Easily came second in my motm thoughts.

Bobby - It was hard for bobby today as Chelsea sat so deep so I think he struggled to find any space or time. Didn’t really involve himself in the game. I’d have liked minamino to have come on a bit earlier and hooked bobby to be honest.

Thiago - I’ve been an admirer of Thiago for a long time and I still can’t believe he plays for us now. I think we saw in just 45 minutes what a player he is. So comfortable on the ball, always asking for it and always giving his team mates an option. I thought he was brilliant to be honest. Giving the penalty away was a daft error though, maybe got a bit carried away.

Milner - He came on and just put in a typical milner performance. Experienced and controlled.

Minamino - didn’t get enough minutes to comment.

Absolutely buzzing with that performance. We were exceptional. The media were shagging Chelsea and suggesting they could rival us this season but we just went and showed them that we’re levels above. It was like a training exercise it was truly phenomenal. Well done reds. 
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #404: Sep 20, 2020 08:38:40 pm
      I agree, hard to choose between the two, but I went for Fab for the same reason you did. As for Thiago, I was excited before, that level has now gone up mega fold! What a player!

Reminds me of Xabi Alonso with more pace!

Once we're back in the ground he's the type of player that will have The Kop purring.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #405: Sep 20, 2020 08:42:32 pm
      Nice and easy that. Dominated the first 45 when it was 11 v 11 so presume it would have only been a matter of time before we scored even if Chelsea didn't go down to 10

Quite pleased with how the fixtures have worked out - us getting 6 pts out of 6 on the board before City have even started their season. Hopefully they'll feel as though they're having to play catch up already. Of course they travel to Wolves tomorrow which certainly won't be an easy game
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,280 posts | 763 
      Reply #406: Sep 20, 2020 08:46:43 pm
      Gave Mane MotM seemingly, never gives up trying to score. Well done Reds for their 2  0 victory, away to the Chavs.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,597 posts | 2155 
      Reply #407: Sep 20, 2020 09:07:35 pm
      Superb showing, absolutely dominant in the first half when it was 11 v 11 without creating anything clear cut. Felt like a real Champions performance . Mane was deservedly the motm having forced the red card and scored 2 good goals but obviously Fabinho had an excellent game and made those of us (including myself) who were worried all look a bit stoopid! I thought Henerson was superb in the first half, such a dominant player these days, he has grown into a fantastic player and skipper of this great club. It's amazing to see his progress the last couple of years in particular. I also thought Robertson was excellent, ran all day, always a threat, can't recall him giving it away and he put Jorginho on his ass in the second half and i laughed for a full 30 seconds! it was priceless! It was a joy to watch Thiago, the ball just seemed to gravitate to him didn't it, I almost felt like he was using the force to get his teammates to give it to him! Will be interesting though, having him in the side just changes the balance a little bit and i'm sure it will take a bit of time for them to gel.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,438 posts | 1463 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #408: Sep 20, 2020 09:10:48 pm
      Also, I hate cocky penalty takers, with their stupid run ups, and love nothing more than when it doesn’t come off...
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #409: Sep 20, 2020 09:12:03 pm
      Think Thiago is going to take the piss this season.. front 3 will create so much space for him to exploit..

Strap in..
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 845 posts | 235 
      Reply #410: Sep 20, 2020 09:18:25 pm

Once we're back in the ground he's the type of player that will have The Kop purring.

Great comment. Xabi with pace. Must sound trouble for opponents.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Reply #411: Sep 20, 2020 09:19:49 pm
      Firmino wasn’t great but a beautiful assist - hes a special player
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,146 posts | 4897 
      Reply #412: Sep 20, 2020 09:22:25 pm
      Fabinho was class today and looked like he's played CB all his life.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #413: Sep 20, 2020 09:54:50 pm

What I thought as well . 

Quick Reply