Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Chelsea?

Alisson
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
       Fabinho
      56 (49.1%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Naby Keïta
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      55 (48.2%)
      Roberto Firmino
      1 (0.9%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      2 (1.8%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Takumi Minamino
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 112

Voting closed: Sep 24, 2020 06:22:51 pm

Chelsea 0-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 23230 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Re: Chelsea 0-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #414: Sep 20, 2020 09:57:37 pm
      Firmino wasn’t great but a beautiful assist - hes a special player

Easy to overlook how important it was that he didn’t fizz it across on the ground and instead put it on a plate for Sadio to head it in.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #415: Sep 20, 2020 10:00:25 pm
      Comfortable from minute one,

Only real disappointment was Chelsea didn't score, would have won me a tidy sum.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #416: Sep 20, 2020 10:30:48 pm
      Sitting here tonight feeling well contented.
      Don’t think we were really troubled today. Sublime performance showing our complete superiority.
      Was a bit worried pre ko but we’re in control of the game from the start.
      Certainly sent out a message.
      We’ve hit form just when it matters.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #417: Sep 20, 2020 11:17:37 pm
      Things I've said today:

At 1 nil to Southampton - 'Tottenham are f**king sh*te' They win 5-1

At 0-0 - 'Firmino is not doing enough lately for me' Bobby gets assist

Before Chelsea got a pen - 'Alisson does not save penalties' Alisson saves a pen

Edit: 'There's no way I'm getting my end away tonight.....'

Can i just point out that, with all the ale I've had today and tonight, I can confirm that I have definitely got one thing right today 🙄
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #418: Sep 21, 2020 12:02:16 am
      Strong performance all round. Lampard thought he could beat us today and even after we beat them convincingly he still couldn't deal with it. The sending off was obviously to our advantage but we were far better than them BEFORE the red card.

Mane could've had a hat trick if it wasn't for the foul denying him a clear goal scoring chance. Great run on the keeper by Mane as well as his brilliant St John like header.
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #419: Sep 21, 2020 12:12:24 am
      Firmino wasn’t great but a beautiful assist - hes a special player

Yeah...can't work out if Mane's little jump of annoyance, before he closed down the keeper, was because he was pissed off at Bobbies lame attempt to get to his pass or was pissed off with himself..either way he made Bobby look like a statue.

Bobby is a special talent, different from Mane & Mo and they understand each other and gel so well that one of them can be a bit off the pace at times but still make a telling contribution.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #420: Sep 21, 2020 01:40:03 am
      Get the F**k innnnnnn.

2 from 2, have to be pretty F***ing happy with that and we looked absolutely sensational at the same time which bodes real well for the rest of the Season.

That introduction of our new midfield wizard, could not have been scripted any better. Us against 10 men, he just bossed it. That was after 1 and a bit training sessions with the lads, look out Arsenal, he has a whole week to prepare now!!!

F***ing over the moon we beat those pricks. I know we were doing it comfortably but I still had  knots in my stomach till the 92nd minute. Any 3 points against that mob is always a great 3 points!

Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #421: Sep 21, 2020 03:08:06 am
      best players coach and club on planet earth
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #422: Sep 21, 2020 03:08:34 am
                      Alisson
      Redrew
      • Forum Youth Player

• 21 posts |
      Reply #423: Sep 21, 2020 05:21:02 am
      Wish all games were 11 vs 10

Could Fabinho become the permanent starter at CB?

Such a log jam at midfield with Thiago coming in and likely starting on a regular basis

The front 3 passing on Mane’s 1st goal was text book

Happy to see the team deemphasize the TAA diagonal passes into the box. Lost their effectiveness by mid season last year. Thrilled the team signed Thiago to upgrade the central passing game and bring a new dimension to an attack that was looking stale post restart.

RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #424: Sep 21, 2020 07:03:49 am
      One thing I just want to mention, noticed Trent hit a few cross field balls to Andy on his left peg. Brilliant range of passing on both feet from that lad.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #425: Sep 21, 2020 07:07:01 am
      Enjoying reading all the comments on here as I work overnight in the good ole USA. I thought we showed Frank what's what today, including before the sending off.

I am really intrigued by the idea of Fabinho playing center back. I don't mean to kick Joe Gomez or Joel Matip to the curb, but the way Fab owned Werner AND contributed to the buildup with his passing makes the idea of him being first choice center back very appealing. It would make sense re midfield team selection as well.

But mostly I am so pleased to see our team, the team we had the past couple of seasons, outplay Chelsea for that first 45 minutes at their place, which brought about the sending off. This is a league winner even before the transfers in, and now we are even stronger. Let's keep it going and show golden boy Arteta how things are next week.
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #426: Sep 21, 2020 07:47:06 am
      Great win yesterday, we won’t play an easier game at the bridge ever. Loved thiago’s display, some of the passes he was able to see and pick out had me in awe. Really happy for Alisson with the penalty save, great stop.

To the disgust of all the ‘experts’ in the media this team is going absolutely nowhere, in fact it’s only getting better! Up the reds
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #427: Sep 21, 2020 07:48:02 am
      I gave the MOTM to Fabinho because he was excellent. They targeted him but he was so intelligent. The only issue with him is his pace.

Mane and Firmino combined well. Mane back to his best. That is why we are excellent because if they target Salah as they did, they leave Mane and vici-versa.

It was a red card and very soft pen. Well done Alisson to save the pen.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #428: Sep 21, 2020 07:51:31 am
      Great performance all round Fab mom for me
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #429: Sep 21, 2020 07:55:00 am
      Fantastic result, even with 11 men, we had the game under control.

Fab superb, if we dont get another CB, no need to worry, hes there if needed, having 3 cbs injured like yesterday is very rare anyway.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #430: Sep 21, 2020 08:01:59 am
      Still gloating over this.😂
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 867 posts | 101 
      Reply #431: Sep 21, 2020 08:08:44 am
      delighted with that but fair play to the chavs, 10 men. goal keeping howler and missed penalty and they
      stopped us running riot.
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #432: Sep 21, 2020 08:38:19 am
      delighted with that but fair play to the chavs, 10 men. goal keeping howler and missed penalty and they
      stopped us running riot.
      To be honest game was won at 2-0 if we left second gear we’d of ran riot and hit them for another 2
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #433: Sep 21, 2020 09:03:15 am
      To be honest game was won at 2-0 if we left second gear we’d of ran riot and hit them for another 2

Think Lampard changed his tactics and decided to just sit back after we scored our 2nd too, because if they carried on playing the way they were it would have ended up about 5 or 6 nil. He said in his press conference that they were "unlucky" because if the keeper hadn't have made the mistake and they'd have scored the penalty it would have finished 1-1, which I thought was a bit of a reach to say the least. If the keeper hadn't have made the mistake then they'd have still sought out an equalizer with the score being 0-1 and I've no doubt we would have punished them with a second soon enough
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #434: Sep 21, 2020 09:15:33 am
      Think Lampard changed his tactics and decided to just sit back after we scored our 2nd too, because if they carried on playing the way they were it would have ended up about 5 or 6 nil. He said in his press conference that they were "unlucky" because if the keeper hadn't have made the mistake and they'd have scored the penalty it would have finished 1-1, which I thought was a bit of a reach to say the least. If the keeper hadn't have made the mistake then they'd have still sought out an equalizer with the score being 0-1 and I've no doubt we would have punished them with a second soon enough
      Huge reach, if my aunt had balls type of a thing
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #435: Sep 21, 2020 10:37:29 am

yeah Lampard is fast becoming the coach I like the least in the Prem, just a miserable snide git, we played them off the park yesterday and they were basically set up to minimise the scoreline. For him to doubt the red card is just silly, it was about as clear a red as I've ever seen, there is no doubt Mane reaches that ball. The penalty they got was incredibly soft, I still dont; understand where the foul was, or is it illegal to brush past a player these days?

All in all a superb performance from us and I have us as firm favourites to retain the league.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #436: Sep 21, 2020 10:41:22 am
      yeah Lampard is fast becoming the coach I like the least in the Prem, just a miserable snide git, we played them off the park yesterday and they were basically set up to minimise the scoreline. For him to doubt the red card is just silly, it was about as clear a red as I've ever seen, there is no doubt Mane reaches that ball. The penalty they got was incredibly soft, I still dont; understand where the foul was, or is it illegal to brush past a player these days?

All in all a superb performance from us and I have us as firm favourites to retain the league.

His cockiness is starting to do my head in. Fair enough you can't knock what he achieved as a player but as a manager he's a no mark who has been handed cushy jobs off the back of his reputation. I'll laugh my head off if this Chelsea team doesn't click and he gets the boot

Quick Reply