Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 19th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P21 W11 D8 L2

Pre-Match: Lincoln City vs. Liverpool, EFL Cup (Thurs.24th September 19:45 KO)

Read 9208 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Pre-Match: Lincoln City vs. Liverpool, EFL Cup (Thurs.24th September 19:45 KO)
      Sep 21, 2020 07:16:57 am
      Playing at a 2nd Division club which should allow for full rotation. The only question is if some of our players will be loaned or transferred out before the match.

Here is a shot at the team:

Adrian
      Williams, Gomez, Koumetio, Tsmikas
      Grujic, Milner, Jones
      Origi, Minamino, Jota
      Subs: Kelleher, van Den Berg, Elliott, Shaqiri, Brewster, plus 2 kids who won't be coming on.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,434 posts | 1731 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Re: Pre-Match: Lincoln City vs. Liverpool, EFL Cup (Thurs.24th September 19:45 KO)
      Reply #1: Sep 21, 2020 07:57:36 am
      I like your team, but cant see Grujic starting, hes defo one whos about to be sold.

shaq will start if fit. needs the games.

Jota sub maybe, elliott to start.

clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Re: Pre-Match: Lincoln City vs. Liverpool, EFL Cup (Thurs.24th September 19:45 KO)
      Reply #2: Sep 21, 2020 08:04:12 am
                         Adrian
      Williams, Gomez, Van der Berg, Tsmikas
                             Milner
                 Shaqiri            Jones
       Elliott                                        Jota
                           Minamino

If Shaqiri is for sale. I would go with Keita in place of him.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #3: Sep 21, 2020 08:35:13 am
                         Adrian
      Williams, Gomez, Van der Berg, Tsmikas
                             Milner
                 Shaqiri            Jones
       Elliott                                        Jota
                           Minamino

If Shaqiri is for sale. I would go with Keita in place of him.

To me, Shaq is the most expendable player in the team. Totally surplus to requirements .

Keita I imagine will be saved for Arsenal.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #4: Sep 21, 2020 09:32:14 am
      To me, Shaq is the most expendable player in the team. Totally surplus to requirements .

Technically he's a very good footballer and he's proved in the few chances he's been given that he's able to create & effect games but for whatever reason Klopp just doesn't seem to trust him. I think it could be due to him not being able to play the Klopp style of pressing football, I remember as the players were going into the dressing room at HT in one particular game (can't remember who we were playing but it was early/mid 18/19 season) and Klopp was giving him an absolute bollocking, something which I thought was pretty out of character as he was really going at him in front of all of the cameras. Funny thing was, I thought Shaqiri was playing well up to that point, but obviously there must have been things off the ball which he wasn't doing correctly and after that his minutes seemed to drastically decrease.

If it is to do with pressing and work off the ball I don't think his body shape does him any favours. It's obviously no fault of his own but the dimensions of his torso / legs aren't that of an athlete who you'd expect to press the ball for 90 minutes and I imagine he finds it harder to do than the likes of Mane or Firmino, no matter what level of fitness he's at. If he does leave hopefully he finds a club which suits his game better because as I said, technically he is a very good player

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,434 posts | 1731 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #5: Sep 21, 2020 10:04:04 am
      James pearce has today mentioned shaq as maybe 1 to be leaving, along with Brewster (loan), Grujic, wilson, karius, nat philips & Origi. So be interesting to see if any of those start on thursday.

Id expect klopp to start guys who will be staying.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #6: Sep 21, 2020 10:07:35 am
      James pearce has today mentioned shaq as maybe 1 to be leaving, along with Brewster (loan), Grujic, wilson, karius, nat philips & Origi. So be interesting to see if any of those start on thursday.

or he might want to put players in the shop window
      Kopite78
      Reply #7: Sep 21, 2020 10:21:10 am
      or he might want to put players in the shop window

And risk injury?

You dont think that anyone interested in any of those players wont already be aware of them?

They arent going to be surprised by seeing them surely?

Who's that Origi lad there? Never seen the lad before.. quick buy him
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #8: Sep 21, 2020 10:22:28 am
      And risk injury?

You dont think that anyone interested in any of those players wont already be aware of them?

I honestly think most people have totally forgotten about Karius, unfortunately I haven't, I still have nightmares of that CL final!!
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #9: Sep 21, 2020 10:57:57 am
      Did Jota play in last round for Wolves?
      Kopite78
      Reply #10: Sep 21, 2020 11:03:08 am
      Did Jota play in last round for Wolves?

No Bri, not in their 18 for it
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #11: Sep 21, 2020 11:04:38 am

Thanks, look forward to seeing him Thursday so
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #12: Sep 21, 2020 11:11:45 am
      Technically he's a very good footballer and he's proved in the few chances he's been given that he's able to create & effect games but for whatever reason Klopp just doesn't seem to trust him. I think it could be due to him not being able to play the Klopp style of pressing football, I remember as the players were going into the dressing room at HT in one particular game (can't remember who we were playing but it was early/mid 18/19 season) and Klopp was giving him an absolute bollocking, something which I thought was pretty out of character as he was really going at him in front of all of the cameras. Funny thing was, I thought Shaqiri was playing well up to that point, but obviously there must have been things off the ball which he wasn't doing correctly and after that his minutes seemed to drastically decrease.

If it is to do with pressing and work off the ball I don't think his body shape does him any favours. It's obviously no fault of his own but the dimensions of his torso / legs aren't that of an athlete who you'd expect to press the ball for 90 minutes and I imagine he finds it harder to do than the likes of Mane or Firmino, no matter what level of fitness he's at. If he does leave hopefully he finds a club which suits his game better because as I said, technically he is a very good player

I think you hit on the main issues. I agree he has ability but we have other players who can do what he does and as you say, Klopp doesn't seem to be too inclined to use him.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #13: Sep 21, 2020 11:30:23 am

Great business if we get some good deals out of those fringe players should leave us with a nice net profit.

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,434 posts | 1731 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #14: Sep 21, 2020 01:22:32 pm
      And risk injury?

agreed.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,434 posts | 1731 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #15: Sep 21, 2020 01:23:25 pm
      I honestly think most people have totally forgotten about Karius, unfortunately I haven't, I still have nightmares of that CL final!!

aye defo dont play karius, imagine he dropped the ball v a div.2 team. ;D
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #16: Sep 21, 2020 01:28:53 pm
      aye defo dont play karius, imagine he dropped the ball v a div.2 team. ;D

Same reason we won't be able to sell him. He'll end up leaving on a free, but he may continue drawing a wage from us.

ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1464 
      Reply #17: Sep 21, 2020 01:40:58 pm
      Same reason we won't be able to sell him. He'll end up leaving on a free, but he may continue drawing a wage from us.

It’s called a write off. Remind the transfer committee about Mario and the £16m write off. £5m for Kairus? He could find another career in modelling?
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,803 posts | 4909 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #18: Sep 21, 2020 01:49:09 pm
      Anybody’s guess for Thursday so, fwiw, here’s my pick.....in a 4-2-3-1....

Adrian

Williams  Phillips. Koumetio. Tsimikas

Milner.         Jones

Elliot.         Minamino.        Jota

Brewster

Bench; Kelleher, Smith, Fabinho, Ox, Keita, Origi , Clarkson

Attack attack attack attack attack, all f***in night, it’s the carrier bag cup who the F**k cares, we can win this 8-6  or 1-0 not bothered it’s a great competition for schooling your kids, of course you want to go as far as you can so we can beat Citeh in the final, other than that Pfft !

Y  N  W  A

LFC PAUL
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 46 
      Reply #19: Sep 21, 2020 06:24:57 pm
      1st Division Lincoln
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,101 posts | 125 
      Reply #20: Sep 21, 2020 08:54:39 pm

Shaq is a class act, but has had big boots to follow, when all is fit, he will add to the game.  He played for all the greats, and has seen it all
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #21: Sep 21, 2020 10:36:32 pm

League One to be precise. My mistake.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #22: Sep 21, 2020 10:37:25 pm
      Anybody’s guess for Thursday so, fwiw, here’s my pick.....in a 4-2-3-1....

Adrian

Williams  Phillips. Koumetio. Tsimikas

Milner.         Jones

Elliot.         Minamino.        Jota

Brewster

Bench; Kelleher, Smith, Fabinho, Ox, Keita, Origi , Clarkson

Attack attack attack attack attack, all f***in night, it’s the carrier bag cup who the f**k cares, we can win this 8-6  or 1-0 not bothered it’s a great competition for schooling your kids, of course you want to go as far as you can so we can beat Citeh in the final, other than that Pfft !

Y  N  W  A

Billy, your team is a fair shout, but who is this Smith fellow you've got listed on the bench? Did we make another purchase today?  ;D

Quick Reply