Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Lincoln?

Adrián
      4 (5.6%)
      Neco Williams
      0 (0%)
      Rhys Williams
      1 (1.4%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      3 (4.2%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Curtis Jones
      31 (43.7%)
      Marko Grujić
      2 (2.8%)
      Harvey Elliott
      1 (1.4%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      2 (2.8%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)
      Takumi Minamino
      26 (36.6%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Diogo Jota
      1 (1.4%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Voting closed: Sep 28, 2020 09:34:39 pm

Lincoln City 2-7 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 13736 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Re: Lincoln City 2-7 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #207: Sep 24, 2020 09:54:02 pm
      Jones MOTM for me closely followed by Minamino.

Great debut from Tsimikas and Grujic was quietly impressive in midfield.
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,834 posts | 67 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #208: Sep 24, 2020 09:54:38 pm
      Voted Minamino as my motm , his work rate was superb ,some good youngsters there though ,just need experience
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #209: Sep 24, 2020 10:00:49 pm
      Match got rather ragged in the final 15 minutes. Most of our guys probably haven't been on for 90 minutes in a while, and it showed.

I liked Taki as MOTM. Curtis and Marko also good. Was sorry to see Harvey Elliott come off when Jota came on.

Fabinho is not so much a lead center back, much more of a complement to a leader like Virgil. Rhys Williams, good experience for him tonight, but I don't expect to see him next week in the Cup match vs. Arsenal.

Tsimikas was alright. I didn't think he was spectacular, but did alright. Neco was good in the first half and struggled more as he tired.

Jota looks like he knows where the goal is. Promising. Nice goal from Shaq but he rather disappeared as the match went on. Not sure what to say about Divock anymore.

Some good saves from Adrian.

Now let's show Arsenal what our first team can do in Premier League play.

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #210: Sep 24, 2020 10:01:15 pm
      That was as easy as your gonna get, a virtual stroll in the park, Jonesy got my motm but others stood out too like Minamino & Tsimikas, Lincoln never really posed a threat got a bit of a lift with their first goal and worked well for the second, other than that we were in total control and probably took our foot off the gas around the hour,

A nice wee run out, forged some nice duets for the future ie; Curtis & Taki, Tsimikas looked comfortable crossed a few decent balls in and looked assured, didn’t see enough of Jota, Shaq did well but faded late on understandably and young Rhys did well , did what he had to do, found Divock with a lovely pass that led to Curtis scoring, young Neco was out of sorts, gave the ball away too often, Grujic was ok but don’t see a future here for him unfortunately, Elliot ok but expected a bit more tbh, everyone else did well without being outstanding,

Well done lads, probably only had a couple of day training together so scoring 7 is a pretty good return considering, a good day at the office for sure .

Y  N  W  A
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #211: Sep 24, 2020 10:21:58 pm
      Only thing I can add is - such a shame nobody got the hat-trick!
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #212: Sep 24, 2020 10:28:14 pm
      Yeah Grujic did well but are we now overloaded with stand up and pass midfield holding players and a bit short of the driving attacking type. Jones is good on the front foot but is he ready. Keita can attack and arrive in the box late. Is it all about controlling the 30 yards either side of the half way line. Then quick inter passing and tricks from the front 3 with support from the full backs.

This game against Arsenal will be interesting. They pass it to death, and they are on blob.Be back to taking that one or two golden chances. Caggy game coming up.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #213: Sep 24, 2020 10:38:22 pm
      Some stunning goals tonight, some lovely touches by the lads and good all round play.

Only negative for me - sh*t Kit  :D Apart from that a good night overall  :kop5cf8koxp6:
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #214: Sep 24, 2020 10:40:25 pm
      Voted Minamino as my motm , his work rate was superb ,some good youngsters there though ,just need experience

Yes Mini did well.Gives it everything, all action. Can get eased off the ball a bit. Can he play Bobby's role if Bobby's form drops off.Got the energy for sure. Quick feet, think he has a chance. Jota as well. Evolving squad. All should get game time.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #215: Sep 24, 2020 10:40:36 pm
      That kit made me want to go pee
      Stifmeister
      • Forum Youth Player

• 17 posts |
      Reply #216: Sep 25, 2020 01:44:53 am
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #217: Sep 25, 2020 02:19:34 am
      Wow is that Lincoln City’s actual logo?
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #218: Sep 25, 2020 03:22:57 am
      Ripping watch that!

Taki MOTM for me, was like a buzzing bee, the lad has got some pace and that first goal was top drawer!

alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #219: Sep 25, 2020 04:02:46 am
      Jones was awesome. Minamino was very good too, as were Tsimikas and Grujic.

Origi and Adrian are not good enough. It's not normal that in such a game Adrian still managed to do two mistakes, one leading to goal and as for Origi, he was never a real threat. He lost possession too many times.

Shaqiri showed that when he can play, he is a really good player that can be relied upon. More that Origi IMO.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #220: Sep 25, 2020 06:30:22 am
      You did.

Getting annoying now that lot let’s test them Monday.

Yep  time to show them their place. Don't F**k with the chanpions.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #221: Sep 25, 2020 06:57:51 am
      More of the same against Arsenal on Monday night. A win with plenty of goals would be great.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #222: Sep 25, 2020 08:44:23 am
      Gutted I missed this! had a few bevvies on the Wednesday so after a couple of hours sleep and a hungover day at work I'd nodded off just after Shaq's free kick. Saw clips of the goals on the bus to work earlier and couldn't believe it. Where the goals really that good or did the keeper have a part to play with some of them? Saw that he dropped a bit of a clanger for (I think?) Origi's goal
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #223: Sep 25, 2020 08:50:50 am
      Gutted I missed this! had a few bevvies on the Wednesday so after a couple of hours sleep and a hungover day at work I'd nodded off just after Shaq's free kick. Saw clips of the goals on the bus to work earlier and couldn't believe it. Where the goals really that good or did the keeper have a part to play with some of them? Saw that he dropped a bit of a clanger for (I think?) Origi's goal
      Yeah a better keeper would have saved the shots from Origi and Grujic I reckon but not much he could have done about the others.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #224: Sep 25, 2020 09:04:03 am
      well that was good. and I dont think anyone got the team right with virg starting. ;D
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #225: Sep 25, 2020 10:00:08 am
      Good going forwards but shaky defence and I'm still far from happy about Adrian as our #2 keeper. Please please stay fit all season Alisson
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #226: Sep 25, 2020 10:19:23 am
      Good going forwards but shaky defence and I'm still far from happy about Adrian as our #2 keeper. Please please stay fit all season Alisson

This one I actually agree with you on Heimy.

Far from convincing at times last night and the start he had to last season is looking more and more like a purple patch of form that was helped by such a solid backline that we had at the time as well.

We seem a bit more open defensively these days and I do worry as well if we had to rely on Adrian for any lengthy spell.

He did pull off a few great saves but was very shaky for crosses and was very poor with the ball at his feet.

I get that as a number 2 he is fine but personally, and I've said this before, Karius is still a stronger keeper for me. I'd sooner play Kelleher though and build his experience.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #227: Sep 25, 2020 10:37:24 am

He did pull off a few great saves but was very shaky for crosses and was very poor with the ball at his feet.

Bit like Mignolet in that respect, could pull off a worldie and then struggle with a lot of the basics. #2 is always an awkward position to fill (especially for us at the minute having Alisson) because whoever holds that position knows that they certainly won't be getting a chance to break into the first team unless there's an injury.

I've always liked the idea of having an older, experienced head as the #2. I know Adrian is quite old but in terms of experience I don't think he'd ever played Champions League or International football prior to signing for us. Somebody in the twilight of their career, who has been there & done it in terms of the international & european stage and wouldn't be phased if he did have to be called up for an important game would suit us well I think
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #228: Sep 25, 2020 10:53:30 am
      Must remember the league cup isn't the league.Nearly always a very inexperienced back 4. Very often a disjointed team with new signings, players coming back from injury etc so the pressure on the keeper is very different from a league game. He will be under much more pressure and although Adrian could've done better in one two instances he did well enough in the overall game.

It was a very plucky second half by Lincoln and Adrian saved us from a 7-4 scoreline.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #229: Sep 25, 2020 11:16:47 am
      What now for Jones.The Boss described him as "an exceptional talent". He is that but is he ready for a regular place. It's finely balanced. Jones, as good as he is would need a run of games in the team to develop, to get used to the demands.It's totally different from catching the eye in the odd cup game.

However there is a position, a gap if you like.The Ox hasn't quite done it, Keita looks the part but still a few doubts. Shaq is more of a back up player. Hendo can play in that attacking midfield role but it's more supportive that outright creative. Just wonder whether the boss will give Jones his head and take the chance.Maybe it's still a bit early but not by much. Has to happen sooner or later.

Quick Reply