Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Lincoln?

Adrián
      4 (5.6%)
      Neco Williams
      0 (0%)
      Rhys Williams
      1 (1.4%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      3 (4.2%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Curtis Jones
      31 (43.7%)
      Marko Grujić
      2 (2.8%)
      Harvey Elliott
      1 (1.4%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      2 (2.8%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)
      Takumi Minamino
      26 (36.6%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Diogo Jota
      1 (1.4%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Voting closed: Sep 28, 2020 09:34:39 pm

Lincoln City 2-7 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 13723 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: Lincoln City 2-7 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #230: Sep 25, 2020 11:20:42 am
      What now for Jones.The Boss described him as "an exceptional talent". He is that but is he ready for a regular place. It's finely balanced. Jones, as good as he is would need a run of games in the team to develop, to get used to the demands.It's totally different from catching the eye in the odd cup game.

However there is a position, a gap if you like.The Ox hasn't quite done it, Keita looks the part but still a few doubts. Shaq is more of a back up player. Hendo can play in that attacking midfield role but it's more supportive that outright creative. Just wonder whether the boss will give Jones his head and take the chance.Maybe it's still a bit early but not by much. Has to happen sooner or later.

I don't think there is any rush with Jones, give him minutes here and there and let him build up his experience and confidence over time, he has some superb midfielders to learn from now as well, we really do have a fantastic squad now.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #231: Sep 25, 2020 11:28:22 am
      well that was good. and I dont think anyone got the team right with virg starting. ;D

definitely not me! But it worked well for Rhys to have Virgil alongside.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #232: Sep 25, 2020 12:18:07 pm
      How did VVD do? Did he make any glaring mistakes to deserve punishment rotation for Saturday?

I wouldn't have played him yesterday because 1) we won to the match :mad: and 2) we'd have to drop him for Arsenal if he screwed up last night. :f_whistle: :lmao:
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #233: Sep 25, 2020 12:24:08 pm
      How did VVD do? Did he make any glaring mistakes to deserve punishment rotation for Saturday?

I wouldn't have played him yesterday because 1) we won to the match :mad: and 2) we'd have to drop him for Arsenal if he screwed up last night. :f_whistle: :lmao:

No, Virgil must never be dropped or even think he might be dropped, his name is preprinted on the teamsheets, that's the best strategy to ensure someone performs at their best. If you remove any fear then there is zero chance of a player, or any other employee, ever becoming complacent and they'll be super motivated to play at 100% of their ability.
      Great strategy, oh and you don't happen to be an employer do you?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #234: Sep 25, 2020 12:35:04 pm
      Yup, I noticed it during the match and had to check exactly what the f**k it was.

They're named after a grotesque called the Lincoln imp that was, apparently, sent by the devil into Lincoln cathedral and was turned into stone.

Each to their own I suppose, I'm a bit biased but I prefer the liver bird. Worshipping something devil related's not really my bag. It's all a bit manc.

Dead ringer for the Lincoln manager
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #235: Sep 25, 2020 12:46:41 pm

Obviously, most of the 1st team was punished for only winning 2-0 against chelsea.

Now the replacements who pushed them will be left out for the next match as punishment for only winning 7-2.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #236: Sep 25, 2020 12:48:17 pm
      Yup, I noticed it during the match and had to check exactly what the F**k it was.

They're named after a grotesque called the Lincoln imp that was, apparently, sent by the devil into Lincoln cathedral and was turned into stone.

Each to their own I suppose, I'm a bit biased but I prefer the liver bird. Worshipping something devil related's not really my bag. It's all a bit manc.

Why have they got Moyes as their mascot?
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #237: Sep 25, 2020 12:49:00 pm
      Obviously, most of the 1st team was punished for only winning 2-0 against chelsea.

Now the replacements who pushed them will be left out for the next match as punishment for only winning 7-2.

;D. That's classic rotation at its best. :lmao:
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #238: Sep 25, 2020 12:53:21 pm
      ;D. That's classic rotation at its best. :lmao:

Virgil was in fact subbed at half time for poor performance. Klopp in his presser said something about stocks and thumbscrews on the team coach returning home. He is a proper disciplinarian.

I understand the defenders in the U14 team will be brought in for training prior to Arsenal.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #239: Sep 25, 2020 01:01:18 pm
      Virgil was in fact subbed at half time for poor performance. Klopp in his presser said something about stocks and thumbscrews on the team coach returning home. He is a proper disciplinarian.

I understand the defenders in the U14 team will be brought in for training prior to Arsenal.

Nonsense. Vrgil will be starting against Arsenal, but he'll be playing up front. In place of Mo Salah, who has been rightfully dropped for failing to score against Chelsea at the weekend
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #240: Sep 25, 2020 01:03:59 pm
      Nonsense. Vrgil will be starting against Arsenal, but he'll be playing up front. In place of Mo Salah, who has been rightfully dropped for failing to score against Chelsea at the weekend

Salah was actually dropped for not putting his hair in a man bun.
      VVD being upfront rectifies that oversight, and ensures we have the required different styles throughout the team.

Mane is fine, because he has a parting shaved into his hair.

Firmino's is starting to look a bit fluffy though, and it's time to bring Origi in because his hair is bleached, which makes him stand out, which makes him a better target man.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #241: Sep 25, 2020 02:34:15 pm
      Salah was actually dropped for not putting his hair in a man bun.
      VVD being upfront rectifies that oversight, and ensures we have the required different styles throughout the team.

Mane is fine, because he has a parting shaved into his hair.

Firmino's is starting to look a bit fluffy though, and it's time to bring Origi in because his hair is bleached, which makes him stand out, which makes him a better target man.

Shaqiri did his part with real, fake hair. Or is that fake, real hair? I can never remember.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #242: Sep 25, 2020 03:12:57 pm
      Yup, I noticed it during the match and had to check exactly what the f**k it was.

Everything makes sense now. It's their city's identity. The meaning behind their crest sounds pretty interesting...
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #243: Sep 25, 2020 04:43:05 pm
      Only negative for me - Sh*t Kit  :D

Can't see if becoming a classic. Why's the neck different than the homer! Worst of all, we kinda look like Citeh in it  :-\
      Kitty
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 634 posts | 115 
      Reply #244: Sep 25, 2020 04:47:05 pm
      Match got rather ragged in the final 15 minutes. Most of our guys probably haven't been on for 90 minutes in a while, and it showed.

I liked Taki as MOTM. Curtis and Marko also good. Was sorry to see Harvey Elliott come off when Jota came on.

Fabinho is not so much a lead center back, much more of a complement to a leader like Virgil. Rhys Williams, good experience for him tonight, but I don't expect to see him next week in the Cup match vs. Arsenal.

Tsimikas was alright. I didn't think he was spectacular, but did alright. Neco was good in the first half and struggled more as he tired.

Jota looks like he knows where the goal is. Promising. Nice goal from Shaq but he rather disappeared as the match went on. Not sure what to say about Divock anymore.

Some good saves from Adrian.

Now let's show Arsenal what our first team can do in Premier League play.

I agree with most of your assessment, apart from MOM chose Curtis for that, but also was not that impressed with Tsimikas - hopefully that will change.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #245: Sep 25, 2020 06:09:15 pm
      Shaqiri did his part with real, fake hair. Or is that fake, real hair? I can never remember.

Shaq's hair is fake?

It wasn't obvious at all.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #246: Sep 25, 2020 07:13:26 pm
      Shaq's hair is fake?

It wasn't obvious at all.

;)

He got it either through a small advertisement in the back of a movie magazine or in an alley down by the docks from some guy who had it tucked under his trench coat.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #247: Sep 25, 2020 08:47:33 pm
      Can't see if becoming a classic. Why's the neck different than the homer! Worst of all, we kinda look like Citeh in it  :-\

There’s a reason for that mate, since this is Citeh’s baby, we’ll be wearing this in the final, so in years to come when Sky show back footage viewers will think oh, Citeh won the carrier bag cup again, just to save them embarrassment of winning F**k all this season !
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #248: Sep 25, 2020 10:24:28 pm

It's just not any kind of a Liverpool kit is it  :( maybe I'm just a bit old fashioned but I really don't like us being messed with too much and I think this is a step too far for me.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #249: Sep 26, 2020 12:18:57 pm
      It's just not any kind of a Liverpool kit is it  :( maybe I'm just a bit old fashioned but I really don't like us being messed with too much and I think this is a step too far for me.

%100 correcto, stick to traditional kits I say, 1st kit, All Red, shirt, shorts socks, gold embroidered Liverbird, sponsors name emblazoned across mid-riff & that shitey wee Nike tick right tit,

2nd Kit, White shirt, Black shorts, red socks, red embroidered liverbird, et al,

3rd kit, Yellow shirt, yellow shorts, yellow socks, red embroidered Liverbird et al,....

Is this too much to ask, of course it isn’t but then we fans don’t get a say in what we actually want, we don’t f***in matter except of course when we are asked to shell out £70 for a shirt that’s far and away from traditional colours,

It’s too much having that f***in monstrosity of Lava lamp kit that in all honesty looks like Stevie wonder designed wearing a blindfold, 70 f***in quid I ask ye, it’s called taking the f***in piss, F**k off Nike, at least Dick Turpin wore a mask !

Y  N  W  A
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #250: Sep 26, 2020 03:15:15 pm

%100 correcto, stick to traditional kits I say, 1st kit, All Red, shirt, shorts socks, gold embroidered Liverbird, sponsors name emblazoned across mid-riff & that shitey wee Nike tick right tit,

2nd Kit, White shirt, Black shorts, red socks, red embroidered liverbird, et al,

3rd kit, Yellow shirt, yellow shorts, yellow socks, red embroidered Liverbird et al,....

Is this too much to ask, of course it isn’t but then we fans don’t get a say in what we actually want, we don’t f***in matter except of course when we are asked to shell out £70 for a shirt that’s far and away from traditional colours,

It’s too much having that f***in monstrosity of Lava lamp kit that in all honesty looks like Stevie wonder designed wearing a blindfold, 70 f***in quid I ask ye, it’s called taking the f***in piss, F**k off Nike, at least Dick Turpin wore a mask !

Y  N  W  A

We think alike Billy, I don't mind a bit of variation as the kids like that sort of thing, but this is beyond belief, then again as long as we win in it I don't really care that much  :lmao:
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #251: Sep 28, 2020 01:57:09 pm
      Quote from srslfc
      This one I actually agree with you on Heimy.

Far from convincing at times last night and the start he had to last season is looking more and more like a purple patch of form that was helped by such a solid backline that we had at the time as well.

We seem a bit more open defensively these days and I do worry as well if we had to rely on Adrian for any lengthy spell.

He did pull off a few great saves but was very shaky for crosses and was very poor with the ball at his feet.

I get that as a number 2 he is fine but personally, and I've said this before, Karius is still a stronger keeper for me. I'd sooner play Kelleher though and build his experience.

The poster you quoted was arguing some months ago, that Adrian should play every few first team games so that he isn't rusty and won't make the mistakes that he did 6 months ago. Basically that we should alternate the keepers as we did with Migs and Karius. It's not going to happen obviously.

Karius time here is done. There's not many alternatives on the bench. So Adrian is the reserve keeper and he plays these games, despite his limitations. Caomhin conceded 10 goals in his last 2 first team games, so he'll only get as far as the bench in the future.

On the Lincoln game, there's no forensic analysis required, it was all about getting the job done. Next...
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #252: Sep 28, 2020 02:26:32 pm
      The poster you quoted was arguing some months ago, that Adrian should play every few first team games so that he isn't rusty and won't make the mistakes that he did 6 months ago. Basically that we should alternate the keepers as we did with Migs and Karius. It's not going to happen obviously.

Karius time here is done. There's not many alternatives on the bench. So Adrian is the reserve keeper and he plays these games, despite his limitations. Caomhin conceded 10 goals in his last 2 first team games, so he'll only get as far as the bench in the future.

On the Lincoln game, there's no forensic analysis required, it was all about getting the job done. Next...

Yes, he did, but context is needed.

5-0 against Villa we fielded the youngest team in our history as the main team was playing the CWC.

5-5 against Arsenal we had a better team but it def was not the first team.

Just don't think it's fair to judge him on a couple of games because whenever he plays on the "first" team its not really the first team but a mish mosh squad thrown together for that game.

Not saying he IS ready to take over, and he is only 21, but he should be given more chances as he progresses given how underwhelming Adrian is. There is a reason we got him off the unemployment line.
      « Last Edit: Sep 28, 2020 02:33:50 pm by CT_LFC »

Quick Reply