Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Rhys Williams Player Thread (D) (On loan at Blackpool)

Read 12629 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Rhys Williams Player Thread (D) (On loan at Blackpool)
      Sep 24, 2020 11:21:22 pm
      Youngster made his first team debut on September 24, going 90 minutes at centre back in the League Cup at Lincoln City.

« Last Edit: Jul 19, 2022 05:03:08 pm by RedPuppy »
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Re: Rhys Williams Player Thread
      Reply #1: Sep 24, 2020 11:23:22 pm
      Terrific tonight.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2: Sep 25, 2020 10:07:13 am

really? I didn't watch the first half but in the second half I thought the defence was all over the place, no one looked particularly good.

I will say that he didn't look any worse than anyone else, but he's another one like Harvey who needs to sort out his hairstyle!
      Kopite78
      Reply #3: Sep 25, 2020 10:09:33 am
      really? I didn't watch the first half but in the second half I thought the defence was all over the place, no one looked particularly good.

I will say that he didn't look any worse than anyone else, but he's another one like Harvey who needs to sort out his hairstyle!

First half he was good, alongside Virg who led the defence, when he came off it did look a bit different

I thought he looked ok, seemed a bit surprised by the pace of it a couple of times but I think that shows the step up in levels of pace and power even against a league 1 side

And really, I'm not sure why you want to judge young kids hair cuts.. bit odd that
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Reply #4: Sep 25, 2020 10:15:36 am

He was fine alongside Virgil and didn't look out of place at all.

Second half with Fabinho the entire defense was more open but to be expected with a DM playing CB and expected to be the leader at the back.

People are very quick to judge these kids at times especially when they show some promise.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #5: Sep 25, 2020 11:34:09 am
      He was fine alongside Virgil and didn't look out of place at all.

Second half with Fabinho the entire defense was more open but to be expected with a DM playing CB and expected to be the leader at the back.

People are very quick to judge these kids at times especially when they show some promise.

All players are judged whenever they play, its literally the only reason I watch nothing matches like yesterday, to see how the fringe players do. If you guys say he was good first half then that's fine by me.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,418 posts | 3414 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #6: Sep 25, 2020 11:34:52 am
      Did well
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #7: Sep 25, 2020 11:40:39 am

So sorry. Let me rephrase for absolute clarity.

For an untested 19yr old making his debut with 2 different partners i thought he did very well.

Pinged some lovely balls, timely interventions and looked right at home mostly.

Few hairy (NO pun intended) moments 2nd half as we collectively lost shape but overall, in the circumstances, I thought it was a very encouraging start to a senior football career.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #8: Sep 25, 2020 11:42:43 am

For an untested 19yr old making his debut with 2 different partners i thought he did very well.

Few hairy (NO pun intended) moments 2nd half as we collectively lost shape but overall, in the circumstances, I thought it was a very encouraging start to a senior football career.

Yep.
      I was quite impressed with him.
      His ball to Origi was a beauty, and he defended pretty well for the most part in difficult circumstances.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #9: Sep 25, 2020 11:43:15 am

OK fair enough, as said I didn't watch the first half and even in the second half he was no worse than anyone else.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Reply #10: Sep 25, 2020 11:46:13 am
      OK fair enough, as said I didn't watch the first half and even in the second half he was no worse than anyone else.

So you only seen the second half of Neco Williams as well then?

Since you have criticised him as well it's good to have that made clear as by your assessment of Neco I presumed you'd watched the entire game.
      Kopite78
      Reply #11: Sep 25, 2020 12:04:58 pm

You're happy to throw snap judgements about when you haven't seen the whole match?

As bad as the weapons on social media
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #12: Sep 25, 2020 12:05:43 pm
      So you only seen the second half of Neco Williams as well then?

Since you have criticised him as well it's good to have that made clear as by your assessment of Neco I presumed you'd watched the entire game.

seeing as you track my every post, I assumed you'd have read that, in any case I'd judge Neco by a higher standard than Rhys or is that unfair?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Reply #13: Sep 25, 2020 12:07:38 pm
      seeing as you track my every post, I assumed you'd have read that, in any case I'd judge Neco by a higher standard than Rhys or is that unfair?

Not even close to be interested in tracking your every post mate. ;D

Just found it interesting that you're so keen to throw out judgement on a performance when you only seen the second half.

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #14: Sep 25, 2020 12:08:54 pm
      Apart from going to ground twice in the run up to their goal the lad was sound.

And that makes it an even better learning experience for him. Ideal, really, in that it doesn't impact the result but coaches can show him constructively what he needs to do better. I liked his poise shown during the post-match interview. Jürgen and the staff have really built a positive developmental environment for our young players. Amazingly, it was another 18ish center back who was supposed to debut last night in Billy Koumetio, but he had a knock. Future is looking bright for Liverpool.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #15: Sep 25, 2020 12:13:40 pm
      You're happy to throw snap judgements about when you haven't seen the whole match?

As bad as the weapons on social media

How are you any different to "the weapons" on social media? I bet you are a total dick on social media same as you are here, with your constant wumming, seriously do you feel the need to reply to every single one of my posts?

BTW what was my snap judgement, that I didn't agree he was terrific, instead saying that he was ok, but oh no not good enough for superfan was it so let me try again;

Rhys WAS F***ing AMAZING the best defender I've ever seen in my life, in fact F**k off Virgil we have a new superstar, happy now??

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #16: Sep 25, 2020 12:16:58 pm
      Not even close to be interested in tracking your every post mate. ;D

Just found it interesting that you're so keen to throw out judgement on a performance when you only seen the second half.

so what's the point of this thread then?? If we are just supposed to worship every player we have with unflinching loyalty why even bother having a forum??

Oh and yes you and the other keyboard warrior bullies do obsessively follow every post I ever make whilst condemning social media bullies, its hilariously hypocritical don't you think!
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,509 posts | 1476 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #17: Sep 25, 2020 12:18:34 pm
      Him and Virgil played well together, looked like father and son too 😂
      Kopite78
      Reply #18: Sep 25, 2020 12:39:56 pm
      How are you any different to "the weapons" on social media? I bet you are a total dick on social media same as you are here, with your constant wumming, seriously do you feel the need to reply to every single one of my posts?

BTW what was my snap judgement, that I didn't agree he was terrific, instead saying that he was ok, but oh no not good enough for superfan was it so let me try again;

Rhys WAS F***ing AMAZING the best defender I've ever seen in my life, in fact f**k off Virgil we have a new superstar, happy now??

Your snap judgements is why people have reacted to you (again) because you even admitted you hadnt watched the game

I'm not on any form of social media.. I'm 40 now,social media has never appealed to me
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #19: Sep 25, 2020 12:48:52 pm

Wait, do you know something you want to share with the rest of us?  ;D

I counted three man-buns and one toupee last night for our team. Surely an all-time hair record for the club.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #20: Sep 25, 2020 12:49:27 pm

Wait, do you know something you want to share with the rest of us?  ;D

I counted three man-buns and one toupee last night for our team. Surely an all-time hair record for the club.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,242 posts | 2818 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #21: Oct 02, 2020 08:57:28 am
      Thought young Williams was decent again last night. Plenty to work with going forward. The big side effect of being knocked out last night is where now does he get game time?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #22: Oct 02, 2020 09:10:57 am
      Thought young Williams was decent again last night. Plenty to work with going forward. The big side effect of being knocked out last night is where now does he get game time?

Yea that's the only reason I wanted us to win last night. I'm less bothered about winning the cup and more about getting our young lads like Rhys more quality game time.

He looks like he has a bright future here once he gets a bit stronger I was very impressed with his performance last night.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,352 posts | 2819 
      Reply #23: Oct 02, 2020 10:20:35 am
      Much better last night.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #24: Oct 02, 2020 04:59:32 pm

Yeah, thought he looked much more composed. And to be fair, how nervous would we all have been at 18 with making our first team debut for Liverpool, on fairly short notice? Some mistakes are to be expected, but the improvement over one week, against a stronger opponent, is promising.

I imagine he will continue training with the first team at Melwood and everyone says those training matches midweek are the best competition these guys face, going up against Mo, Sadio and Bobby, I reckon so.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #25: Oct 03, 2020 03:25:00 am
      Thought he was class - mini Virgil.

Hope he continues working hard and develops into a proper baller.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,753 posts | 861 
      Reply #26: Oct 03, 2020 03:32:29 am
      Yeah, thought he looked much more composed. And to be fair, how nervous would we all have been at 18 with making our first team debut for Liverpool, on fairly short notice? Some mistakes are to be expected, but the improvement over one week, against a stronger opponent, is promising.

I imagine he will continue training with the first team at Melwood and everyone says those training matches midweek are the best competition these guys face, going up against Mo, Sadio and Bobby, I reckon so.
      Add to that being paired alongside the best CB in the world. It must've added a bit to his stress and desire to do well.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #27: Oct 22, 2020 10:18:54 am
      Really excited about this kid. Looks like he belongs already.
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #28: Oct 27, 2020 11:23:20 pm
      Would ye start him Saturday presuming fabinho is out and Matips isn’t ready?? Or have we any other choice?

Thought he looked good tonight but surprised Midtylland didn’t try get at him more. West Ham certainly will whether Antonio is fit or not after that hamstring tweak at the weekend.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #29: Oct 27, 2020 11:34:28 pm
      Would ye start him Saturday presuming fabinho is out and Matips isn’t ready?? Or have we any other choice?

Thought he looked good tonight but surprised Midtylland didn’t try get at him more. West Ham certainly will whether Antonio is fit or not after that hamstring tweak at the weekend.

Well we won't really have any other choice mate which is a concern in itself.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,509 posts | 1476 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #30: Oct 28, 2020 12:13:05 am
      Like I said in another thread, if we are forced to play him, I pray he has a decent game, because after the abuse Neco got after a game we won 7-2, I’d hate to see what would happen if a youngster, who shouldn’t be starting, made a mistake that cost the game, would be so unfair on him.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,242 posts | 2818 
      Reply #31: Oct 28, 2020 01:26:50 pm
      Must be scaling 6'5 the lad us he?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #32: Oct 31, 2020 11:55:50 am
      Well we won't really have any other choice mate which is a concern in itself.

Time for the lad to stand up and show us what he's got. You can try and wrap them in cotton wool but eventually if they want to prove it these are the exact times to go out and do it.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #33: Nov 06, 2020 06:22:13 am
      He's doing so well

:lmao: :lmao:
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #34: Nov 06, 2020 09:22:42 am

Now that's living the dream :lmao:
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      Reply #35: Nov 06, 2020 10:18:23 pm

He looks scared of her mate!  :D :D
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #36: Nov 08, 2020 09:38:44 am

Just about spit out a mouthful of soda at work when I read this, because he totally does.

That mean lady must have ripped a hole in his trouser leg.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      Reply #37: Nov 08, 2020 08:43:26 pm
      Just about spit out a mouthful of soda at work when I read this, because he totally does.

That mean lady must have ripped a hole in his trouser leg.

hahhaaahh that's a classic mate!!!
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,242 posts | 2818 
      Reply #38: Nov 11, 2020 04:03:39 pm
      Take your chance kid, your club needs you
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,242 posts | 2818 
      Reply #39: Dec 16, 2020 10:11:52 pm
      Should be a proud young man tonight
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #40: Dec 16, 2020 10:17:56 pm
      Take a bow son!
      One misjudgment of a long ball but didn’t put a foot wrong.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,916 posts | 820 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #41: Dec 16, 2020 10:19:36 pm
      Great positioning today, seems to be learning from Fab, is getting into the right place to intercept the pass which is key.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,418 posts | 3414 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #42: Dec 16, 2020 10:25:14 pm
      Good lad
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,753 posts | 861 
      Reply #43: Dec 17, 2020 06:33:24 am
      This kid is good! Did you see that pass to Robbo on the action leading to Mo's goal? That was just something out of VVD or Gomez's drawer.

One mistake all game long playing against arguably the best duo in the league who is in a lethal form. Oh and that's a PL debut too, let that sink in. F***ing quality this lad is.
      liverpoolcore
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 104 posts | 10 
      Reply #44: Dec 17, 2020 08:11:39 am
      fantastic performance from this talent
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,148 posts | 258 
      Reply #45: Dec 17, 2020 09:08:21 am
      Thsi kid is a gem.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,242 posts | 2818 
      Reply #46: Dec 17, 2020 02:26:09 pm
      Does this lads form leave us in a stick or twist scenario?

He looks good and will get better so do we go with him or do we invedt in January and lessen Rhys chances to develop?

Itd funny but if he was European playing in the German or Dutch leagues and a regular in the Europa league we would look upon him as a player we should look atfor the future. Hes already here doing well but we feel we need to buy in
      CT_LFC

• 6,808 posts | 1402 
      Reply #47: Dec 17, 2020 02:34:05 pm
      Does this lads form leave us in a stick or twist scenario?

He looks good and will get better so do we go with him or do we invedt in January and lessen Rhys chances to develop?

Itd funny but if he was European playing in the German or Dutch leagues and a regular in the Europa league we would look upon him as a player we should look atfor the future. Hes already here doing well but we feel we need to buy in

He misread that high ball which lead to Bergjwin hitting the post and would have been very costly, but he 100% deserves the chance to keep playing and may be the reason we don't bring in a new CB in Jan. I think I still want to see 1 CB added in January so that Fabinho can move back to midfield and that way we have Matip, Rhys, Phillips and X as our CB's with Fabinho as cover, but when you see the way Rhys played yesterday you don't want to block his path either.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,509 posts | 1476 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #48: Dec 17, 2020 02:45:43 pm
      He misread that high ball which lead to Bergjwin hitting the post and would have been very costly, but he 100% deserves the chance to keep playing and may be the reason we don't bring in a new CB in Jan. I think I still want to see 1 CB added in January so that Fabinho can move back to midfield and that way we have Matip, Rhys, Phillips and X as our CB's with Fabinho as cover, but when you see the way Rhys played yesterday you don't want to block his path either.

Did I just read YOU say YOU want to bring in a centre back?  :o

What happened to the you of a month ago that was so annoyingly adamant we didn’t need anyone?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #49: Dec 17, 2020 03:15:55 pm
      He's an exciting talent, but I still want to get someone in January, Per Schuurs would be my top choice.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #50: Dec 17, 2020 03:49:46 pm
      He's an exciting talent, but I still want to get someone in January, Per Schuurs would be my top choice.

I was all over us signing Schuurs in January.

But the performances of Williams and Phillips have impressed to the point I'd be happy to keep playing these lads when needed for the season.

That being said I still wouldn't say no to Schuurs.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #51: Dec 17, 2020 03:54:04 pm
      I was all over us signing Schuurs in January.

But the performances of Williams and Phillips have impressed to the point I'd be happy to keep playing these lads when needed for the season.

That being said I still wouldn't say no to Schuurs.

Williams and Phillips have both been better than I expected but they are still a fair distance from what we need, at the moment, especially in Europe. They are both good squad options but looking at how injury prone both Matip and Gomez are one more quality CB would be perfect and the thought of Schuurs and Virgil at the heart of the defence for years to come is a very nice one.
      CT_LFC

• 6,808 posts | 1402 
      Reply #52: Dec 17, 2020 04:02:24 pm
      Williams and Phillips have both been better than I expected but they are still a fair distance from what we need, at the moment, especially in Europe. They are both good squad options but looking at how injury prone both Matip and Gomez are one more quality CB would be perfect and the thought of Schuurs and Virgil at the heart of the defence for years to come is a very nice one.

By the time we see Virgin play again he may be 30 at that point, so he won't be around as long as you think. Schuurs and Gomez would be the 1st pair of the future, but i would like someone more reliable than Matip as the 3rd CB.

Rhys and Phillips sure have given Klopp and Edwards something to think about, particularly Rhys, so it will be interesting to see if we bring in another CB or not.

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      Reply #53: Dec 18, 2020 02:43:53 am
      The lad is doing well but was thinking he may not play against CP coz benteke would be too strong for him so thought Nat Phillips would be perfect for the CP game but hearing Benteke is out after getting sent off the other day!!! Is that right?
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,162 posts | 1092 
      Reply #54: Dec 18, 2020 04:33:56 am
      The lad is doing well but was thinking he may not play against CP coz benteke would be too strong for him so thought Nat Phillips would be perfect for the CP game but hearing Benteke is out after getting sent off the other day!!! Is that right?

Benteke is suspended for this game as he was sent off with two yellows last game
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      Reply #55: Dec 18, 2020 04:54:17 am
      Benteke is suspended for this game as he was sent off with two yellows last game

sweet, thanks Bud, he's scored in his last two, thought...that would be right...just in time to face us at their ground....now all we have to do is handle Zaha and that little f**ker I hate Dwight Gale, if that c**t is still around...he shits me that little pr**k!
      liverpoolcore
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 104 posts | 10 
      Reply #56: Dec 20, 2020 11:34:35 am
      apparently, Klopp will keep Williams at Anfield despite Middlesbrough wanting him on loan,
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #57: Dec 28, 2020 10:18:46 am
      Not the quickest is he.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #58: Dec 28, 2020 12:47:39 pm

That's an understatement, it was scary how slow he was yesterday tracking back for that West Brom chance.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,277 posts | 799 
      Reply #59: Dec 28, 2020 01:04:00 pm

Looked like he was running with a parachute attached to him.
      Borg
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 318 posts | 80 
      Reply #60: Dec 30, 2020 06:14:58 pm

I fear the kid will get burned a time or two or three while we wait for the starters to return.
      As a stop gap....sure
      As a half-season solution.....yikes
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,162 posts | 1092 
      Reply #61: Dec 30, 2020 06:20:28 pm
      Really hope Nat Phillips plays today. This kid aint ready
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Re: Rhys Williams Player Thread (D)
      Reply #62: Jul 19, 2022 05:02:08 pm
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,148 posts | 258 
      Re: Rhys Williams Player Thread (D) (On loan at Blackpool)
      Reply #63: Jul 19, 2022 05:31:19 pm
      Good luck, Rhys.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,011 posts | 3352 
      Reply #64: Aug 17, 2022 06:06:12 pm
      Has so far played in all four of their Championship games, 2 wins (both 1-0s) and 2 defeats, sees them sitting just outside the playoff positions on goal difference.

Looked ok last night in the live game against QPR at Loftus Road.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,533 posts | 1772 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #65: Dec 12, 2023 10:02:55 am
      Seemingly being recalled from Aberdeen, not getting a game, probably loaned back out somewhere else, or stick around for extra backup for us.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,861 posts | 409 
      Reply #66: Jan 06, 2024 09:33:49 pm
      Don't think Jürgen too happy with him having not played a minute all season for Aberdeen. According to their fans he couldn't get himself fit enough to play and had a bad attitude around the place.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,690 posts | 3711 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #67: Jan 07, 2024 05:45:09 am
      Sell him because he is not our quality. E gave us a good service but he is time has passed. Plus, Quansah is much better player too.

gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 828 posts | 298 
      Reply #68: Jan 07, 2024 11:01:12 am
      Sell him because he is not our quality. E gave us a good service but he is time has passed. Plus, Quansah is much better player too.

I mostly agree with you but the internet says he is under contract until 2026. Maybe loan him for the rest of this season and next before selling him. Players can develop differently. He's probably not going to be good enough to play for Liverpool but I think we need to give him a bit more time.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,533 posts | 1772 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #69: Jan 07, 2024 02:16:21 pm
      Don't think Jürgen too happy with him having not played a minute all season for Aberdeen. According to their fans he couldn't get himself fit enough to play and had a bad attitude around the place.

Seen a quote from July, he had persistent back and calf problems.

Maybe like a lot of humans he got depressed working and living away from home, being constantly injured wouldn't have helped.

We just don't know tbh.

Hope he gets a loan move closer to home, or just sticks around to get his injury issues sorted.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,533 posts | 1772 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #70: Jan 07, 2024 02:17:14 pm

defo way down pecking order now.

Quick Reply