Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Rhys Williams Player Thread (D) (On loan at Blackpool)

Read 12311 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Rhys Williams Player Thread (D) (On loan at Blackpool)
      Sep 24, 2020 11:21:22 pm
      Youngster made his first team debut on September 24, going 90 minutes at centre back in the League Cup at Lincoln City.

« Last Edit: Jul 19, 2022 05:03:08 pm by RedPuppy »
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Re: Rhys Williams Player Thread
      Reply #1: Sep 24, 2020 11:23:22 pm
      Terrific tonight.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2: Sep 25, 2020 10:07:13 am

really? I didn't watch the first half but in the second half I thought the defence was all over the place, no one looked particularly good.

I will say that he didn't look any worse than anyone else, but he's another one like Harvey who needs to sort out his hairstyle!
      Kopite78
      Reply #3: Sep 25, 2020 10:09:33 am
      really? I didn't watch the first half but in the second half I thought the defence was all over the place, no one looked particularly good.

I will say that he didn't look any worse than anyone else, but he's another one like Harvey who needs to sort out his hairstyle!

First half he was good, alongside Virg who led the defence, when he came off it did look a bit different

I thought he looked ok, seemed a bit surprised by the pace of it a couple of times but I think that shows the step up in levels of pace and power even against a league 1 side

And really, I'm not sure why you want to judge young kids hair cuts.. bit odd that
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #4: Sep 25, 2020 10:15:36 am

He was fine alongside Virgil and didn't look out of place at all.

Second half with Fabinho the entire defense was more open but to be expected with a DM playing CB and expected to be the leader at the back.

People are very quick to judge these kids at times especially when they show some promise.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #5: Sep 25, 2020 11:34:09 am
      He was fine alongside Virgil and didn't look out of place at all.

Second half with Fabinho the entire defense was more open but to be expected with a DM playing CB and expected to be the leader at the back.

People are very quick to judge these kids at times especially when they show some promise.

All players are judged whenever they play, its literally the only reason I watch nothing matches like yesterday, to see how the fringe players do. If you guys say he was good first half then that's fine by me.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #6: Sep 25, 2020 11:34:52 am
      Did well
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #7: Sep 25, 2020 11:40:39 am

So sorry. Let me rephrase for absolute clarity.

For an untested 19yr old making his debut with 2 different partners i thought he did very well.

Pinged some lovely balls, timely interventions and looked right at home mostly.

Few hairy (NO pun intended) moments 2nd half as we collectively lost shape but overall, in the circumstances, I thought it was a very encouraging start to a senior football career.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #8: Sep 25, 2020 11:42:43 am

For an untested 19yr old making his debut with 2 different partners i thought he did very well.

Few hairy (NO pun intended) moments 2nd half as we collectively lost shape but overall, in the circumstances, I thought it was a very encouraging start to a senior football career.

Yep.
      I was quite impressed with him.
      His ball to Origi was a beauty, and he defended pretty well for the most part in difficult circumstances.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #9: Sep 25, 2020 11:43:15 am

OK fair enough, as said I didn't watch the first half and even in the second half he was no worse than anyone else.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #10: Sep 25, 2020 11:46:13 am
      OK fair enough, as said I didn't watch the first half and even in the second half he was no worse than anyone else.

So you only seen the second half of Neco Williams as well then?

Since you have criticised him as well it's good to have that made clear as by your assessment of Neco I presumed you'd watched the entire game.
      Kopite78
      Reply #11: Sep 25, 2020 12:04:58 pm

You're happy to throw snap judgements about when you haven't seen the whole match?

As bad as the weapons on social media
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #12: Sep 25, 2020 12:05:43 pm
      So you only seen the second half of Neco Williams as well then?

Since you have criticised him as well it's good to have that made clear as by your assessment of Neco I presumed you'd watched the entire game.

seeing as you track my every post, I assumed you'd have read that, in any case I'd judge Neco by a higher standard than Rhys or is that unfair?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #13: Sep 25, 2020 12:07:38 pm
      seeing as you track my every post, I assumed you'd have read that, in any case I'd judge Neco by a higher standard than Rhys or is that unfair?

Not even close to be interested in tracking your every post mate. ;D

Just found it interesting that you're so keen to throw out judgement on a performance when you only seen the second half.

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #14: Sep 25, 2020 12:08:54 pm
      Apart from going to ground twice in the run up to their goal the lad was sound.

And that makes it an even better learning experience for him. Ideal, really, in that it doesn't impact the result but coaches can show him constructively what he needs to do better. I liked his poise shown during the post-match interview. Jürgen and the staff have really built a positive developmental environment for our young players. Amazingly, it was another 18ish center back who was supposed to debut last night in Billy Koumetio, but he had a knock. Future is looking bright for Liverpool.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #15: Sep 25, 2020 12:13:40 pm
      You're happy to throw snap judgements about when you haven't seen the whole match?

As bad as the weapons on social media

How are you any different to "the weapons" on social media? I bet you are a total dick on social media same as you are here, with your constant wumming, seriously do you feel the need to reply to every single one of my posts?

BTW what was my snap judgement, that I didn't agree he was terrific, instead saying that he was ok, but oh no not good enough for superfan was it so let me try again;

Rhys WAS F***ing AMAZING the best defender I've ever seen in my life, in fact F**k off Virgil we have a new superstar, happy now??

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #16: Sep 25, 2020 12:16:58 pm
      Not even close to be interested in tracking your every post mate. ;D

Just found it interesting that you're so keen to throw out judgement on a performance when you only seen the second half.

so what's the point of this thread then?? If we are just supposed to worship every player we have with unflinching loyalty why even bother having a forum??

Oh and yes you and the other keyboard warrior bullies do obsessively follow every post I ever make whilst condemning social media bullies, its hilariously hypocritical don't you think!
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #17: Sep 25, 2020 12:18:34 pm
      Him and Virgil played well together, looked like father and son too 😂
      Kopite78
      Reply #18: Sep 25, 2020 12:39:56 pm
      How are you any different to "the weapons" on social media? I bet you are a total dick on social media same as you are here, with your constant wumming, seriously do you feel the need to reply to every single one of my posts?

BTW what was my snap judgement, that I didn't agree he was terrific, instead saying that he was ok, but oh no not good enough for superfan was it so let me try again;

Rhys WAS F***ing AMAZING the best defender I've ever seen in my life, in fact f**k off Virgil we have a new superstar, happy now??

Your snap judgements is why people have reacted to you (again) because you even admitted you hadnt watched the game

I'm not on any form of social media.. I'm 40 now,social media has never appealed to me
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #19: Sep 25, 2020 12:48:52 pm

Wait, do you know something you want to share with the rest of us?  ;D

I counted three man-buns and one toupee last night for our team. Surely an all-time hair record for the club.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #20: Sep 25, 2020 12:49:27 pm

Wait, do you know something you want to share with the rest of us?  ;D

I counted three man-buns and one toupee last night for our team. Surely an all-time hair record for the club.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #21: Oct 02, 2020 08:57:28 am
      Thought young Williams was decent again last night. Plenty to work with going forward. The big side effect of being knocked out last night is where now does he get game time?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #22: Oct 02, 2020 09:10:57 am
      Thought young Williams was decent again last night. Plenty to work with going forward. The big side effect of being knocked out last night is where now does he get game time?

Yea that's the only reason I wanted us to win last night. I'm less bothered about winning the cup and more about getting our young lads like Rhys more quality game time.

He looks like he has a bright future here once he gets a bit stronger I was very impressed with his performance last night.

Quick Reply