Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Rhys Williams Player Thread (D) (On loan at Blackpool)

Read 12313 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: Rhys Williams Player Thread
      Reply #46: Dec 17, 2020 02:26:09 pm
      Does this lads form leave us in a stick or twist scenario?

He looks good and will get better so do we go with him or do we invedt in January and lessen Rhys chances to develop?

Itd funny but if he was European playing in the German or Dutch leagues and a regular in the Europa league we would look upon him as a player we should look atfor the future. Hes already here doing well but we feel we need to buy in
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #47: Dec 17, 2020 02:34:05 pm
      Does this lads form leave us in a stick or twist scenario?

He looks good and will get better so do we go with him or do we invedt in January and lessen Rhys chances to develop?

Itd funny but if he was European playing in the German or Dutch leagues and a regular in the Europa league we would look upon him as a player we should look atfor the future. Hes already here doing well but we feel we need to buy in

He misread that high ball which lead to Bergjwin hitting the post and would have been very costly, but he 100% deserves the chance to keep playing and may be the reason we don't bring in a new CB in Jan. I think I still want to see 1 CB added in January so that Fabinho can move back to midfield and that way we have Matip, Rhys, Phillips and X as our CB's with Fabinho as cover, but when you see the way Rhys played yesterday you don't want to block his path either.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #48: Dec 17, 2020 02:45:43 pm
      He misread that high ball which lead to Bergjwin hitting the post and would have been very costly, but he 100% deserves the chance to keep playing and may be the reason we don't bring in a new CB in Jan. I think I still want to see 1 CB added in January so that Fabinho can move back to midfield and that way we have Matip, Rhys, Phillips and X as our CB's with Fabinho as cover, but when you see the way Rhys played yesterday you don't want to block his path either.

Did I just read YOU say YOU want to bring in a centre back?  :o

What happened to the you of a month ago that was so annoyingly adamant we didn’t need anyone?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #49: Dec 17, 2020 03:15:55 pm
      He's an exciting talent, but I still want to get someone in January, Per Schuurs would be my top choice.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #50: Dec 17, 2020 03:49:46 pm
      He's an exciting talent, but I still want to get someone in January, Per Schuurs would be my top choice.

I was all over us signing Schuurs in January.

But the performances of Williams and Phillips have impressed to the point I'd be happy to keep playing these lads when needed for the season.

That being said I still wouldn't say no to Schuurs.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #51: Dec 17, 2020 03:54:04 pm
      I was all over us signing Schuurs in January.

But the performances of Williams and Phillips have impressed to the point I'd be happy to keep playing these lads when needed for the season.

That being said I still wouldn't say no to Schuurs.

Williams and Phillips have both been better than I expected but they are still a fair distance from what we need, at the moment, especially in Europe. They are both good squad options but looking at how injury prone both Matip and Gomez are one more quality CB would be perfect and the thought of Schuurs and Virgil at the heart of the defence for years to come is a very nice one.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #52: Dec 17, 2020 04:02:24 pm
      Williams and Phillips have both been better than I expected but they are still a fair distance from what we need, at the moment, especially in Europe. They are both good squad options but looking at how injury prone both Matip and Gomez are one more quality CB would be perfect and the thought of Schuurs and Virgil at the heart of the defence for years to come is a very nice one.

By the time we see Virgin play again he may be 30 at that point, so he won't be around as long as you think. Schuurs and Gomez would be the 1st pair of the future, but i would like someone more reliable than Matip as the 3rd CB.

Rhys and Phillips sure have given Klopp and Edwards something to think about, particularly Rhys, so it will be interesting to see if we bring in another CB or not.

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #53: Dec 18, 2020 02:43:53 am
      The lad is doing well but was thinking he may not play against CP coz benteke would be too strong for him so thought Nat Phillips would be perfect for the CP game but hearing Benteke is out after getting sent off the other day!!! Is that right?
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #54: Dec 18, 2020 04:33:56 am
      The lad is doing well but was thinking he may not play against CP coz benteke would be too strong for him so thought Nat Phillips would be perfect for the CP game but hearing Benteke is out after getting sent off the other day!!! Is that right?

Benteke is suspended for this game as he was sent off with two yellows last game
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #55: Dec 18, 2020 04:54:17 am
      Benteke is suspended for this game as he was sent off with two yellows last game

sweet, thanks Bud, he's scored in his last two, thought...that would be right...just in time to face us at their ground....now all we have to do is handle Zaha and that little f**ker I hate Dwight Gale, if that c**t is still around...he shits me that little pr**k!
      liverpoolcore
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 104 posts | 10 
      Reply #56: Dec 20, 2020 11:34:35 am
      apparently, Klopp will keep Williams at Anfield despite Middlesbrough wanting him on loan,
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #57: Dec 28, 2020 10:18:46 am
      Not the quickest is he.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #58: Dec 28, 2020 12:47:39 pm

That's an understatement, it was scary how slow he was yesterday tracking back for that West Brom chance.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #59: Dec 28, 2020 01:04:00 pm

Looked like he was running with a parachute attached to him.
      Borg
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 317 posts | 80 
      Reply #60: Dec 30, 2020 06:14:58 pm

I fear the kid will get burned a time or two or three while we wait for the starters to return.
      As a stop gap....sure
      As a half-season solution.....yikes
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #61: Dec 30, 2020 06:20:28 pm
      Really hope Nat Phillips plays today. This kid aint ready
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Re: Rhys Williams Player Thread (D)
      Reply #62: Jul 19, 2022 05:02:08 pm
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Re: Rhys Williams Player Thread (D) (On loan at Blackpool)
      Reply #63: Jul 19, 2022 05:31:19 pm
      Good luck, Rhys.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #64: Aug 17, 2022 06:06:12 pm
      Has so far played in all four of their Championship games, 2 wins (both 1-0s) and 2 defeats, sees them sitting just outside the playoff positions on goal difference.

Looked ok last night in the live game against QPR at Loftus Road.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #65: Dec 12, 2023 10:02:55 am
      Seemingly being recalled from Aberdeen, not getting a game, probably loaned back out somewhere else, or stick around for extra backup for us.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,609 posts | 365 
      Reply #66: Jan 06, 2024 09:33:49 pm
      Don't think Jürgen too happy with him having not played a minute all season for Aberdeen. According to their fans he couldn't get himself fit enough to play and had a bad attitude around the place.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #67: Jan 07, 2024 05:45:09 am
      Sell him because he is not our quality. E gave us a good service but he is time has passed. Plus, Quansah is much better player too.

gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 790 posts | 273 
      Reply #68: Jan 07, 2024 11:01:12 am
      Sell him because he is not our quality. E gave us a good service but he is time has passed. Plus, Quansah is much better player too.

I mostly agree with you but the internet says he is under contract until 2026. Maybe loan him for the rest of this season and next before selling him. Players can develop differently. He's probably not going to be good enough to play for Liverpool but I think we need to give him a bit more time.

Quick Reply