Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Match: Liverpool v Arsenal (Mon..28th September 20:00 KO)

Read 8259 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Pre-Match: Liverpool v Arsenal (Mon..28th September 20:00 KO)
      Sep 25, 2020 11:37:20 pm
      First of two matches on four days vs. the Gunners. dropped the Community Shield on penalties to Mikel Arteta's team a few weeks ago, and lost in Premier League play in after clinching the title with seven matches to spare.

I guess my main lineup question is whether Fabinho remains at center back for this one. Joe Gomez was pictured in training today, but the back looked tight as can be with Virgil and Fab paired together.

I expect Thiago to be on from the start in midfield, and then you have competition for the other places between Henderson, Fabinho, Gini, Naby and Curtis Jones (Milner not in training today, has a calf injury). Arsenal can be expected to defend fairly deep the way they did in their previous matches for us, so that might signal a start for Naby Keita.

What say ye?

« Last Edit: Sep 28, 2020 04:03:45 pm by JD »
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool v Arsenal (Mon..28th September 20:00 KO)
      Reply #1: Sep 26, 2020 12:25:40 am
      With Henderson out for this match I would expect Thaigo to slot in. I expect to see what we saw a couple moths ago with Arsenal defend deep and hope one of their strikers can drum up piece of magic.

-----------------Alisson----------------
      TAA----Fabinho---VdD----Robbo
      ------Gini------Thiago-----Ketia---
      --Salah--------Firmino------Mane

Subs: Adrian, Gomez, Tsimikas, Jones, Shaqiri, Jota, Minamino
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,709 posts | 162 
      Reply #2: Sep 26, 2020 12:42:03 am
      Your not far wrong there adammac with that line up. Jurgens only big decision is really does he put Joe Gomez back in and if so will Thiago take the place of Gini or Keita if Fabinho slots in at 6. Small details😉
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #3: Sep 26, 2020 06:22:22 am
      We owe them one.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #4: Sep 26, 2020 08:20:53 am
      With Henderson out for this match I would expect Thaigo to slot in. I expect to see what we saw a couple moths ago with Arsenal defend deep and hope one of their strikers can drum up piece of magic.

Yeah Iā€™d go with that line up, the tough thing now is I want to see at least four of those subs play too, weā€™re spoilt for choice 😂

I think itā€™ll be Shaqiri misses out on a sub appearance but hopefully heā€™s involved during the week in the cup, loved what I saw the other day.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #5: Sep 26, 2020 09:44:42 am
      Yeah Iā€™d go with that line up, the tough thing now is I want to see at least four of those subs play too, weā€™re spoilt for choice 😂

I think itā€™ll be Shaqiri misses out on a sub appearance but hopefully heā€™s involved during the week in the cup, loved what I saw the other day.

To me, Shaq faded pretty quickly after his excellent goal. He's not really that effective in the press and was less of an impact than Curtis, Taki and even Marko Grujic  I think he gets an extra long leash from supporters due to occasionally doing spectacular things (especially Ć gainst United).

But I can see him as one of 7 subs on the bench, to be inserted w 10 minutes tremaining.if we need a late goal.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #6: Sep 26, 2020 09:47:40 am
      If Gomez was at his best, Iā€™d put him with VVD and Firmino instead of Gini.
      Not really sure how Joe is gonna perform from one day to the next at the moment though 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø.
      Similar with Gini.
      Think if heā€™s not on it, he will need to be subbed before any damage is done.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #7: Sep 26, 2020 10:14:45 am
      Also.....
      I F***ing hate it when we donā€™t play on a Saturday !
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #8: Sep 26, 2020 10:32:12 am
      Also.....
      I f**king hate it when we donā€™t play on a Saturday !
      Its not that bad as long as its a Sunday but Monday just feels odd
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #9: Sep 26, 2020 10:50:44 am
      NB: Team no longer available

With Milner, Henderson out injured and Gomez just coming back, I would play like this.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #10: Sep 26, 2020 10:52:09 am
      NB: Team no longer available

With Milner, Henderson out injured and Gomez just coming back, I would play like this.

Canā€™t argue with that
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #11: Sep 26, 2020 07:43:20 pm

Liked this one. But I'd like to have Grujic as a sub instead of Shaqiri.
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #12: Sep 26, 2020 08:13:01 pm
      Fabinho has been great at CB, but it means loosing him from the middle.
      Would prefer to have Fab there, then Gomez at the back, assuming he's fit to play.
      Thiago looked good vs Chavs, wanted the ball all the time, but ended up a walk in the park against 10 men. He had tonnes of passes, but he also lost the ball a couple of times and gave away a peno. He's a heck of a player, only question is it too early for him to start in this one. Maybe not though, has massive experience, and has had time this week with JĆ¼rgen/the lads, and would say he'd like to get stuck in. Will see what JĆ¼rgen does. Would probably have him in ahead of Keita.
      Will miss Hendo, hopefully he gets back soon.

Alisson
      TAA Gomez VVD Robbo
          Gini Fab Thiago
         Salah Bob Mane

Subs: Adrian, Tsimikas, Grujic, Keita, Jones, Minamino, Jota
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #13: Sep 26, 2020 08:35:35 pm
      Milner pictured back in training today, so he might be on the bench Monday.
      LiverpoolReds90
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 135 posts | 11 
      Reply #14: Sep 26, 2020 09:57:42 pm
      arsenal have looked  decent and improved from last year for sure but the media hype/ass kissing arteta   is getting from the media is amazing ;D there new flavor of the month i guess... i mean he won a fa cup yea but still finished 8th ;D.  3-1 Liverpool win.
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,101 posts | 125 
      Reply #15: Sep 26, 2020 10:34:59 pm
      First of two matches on four days vs. the Gunners. dropped the Community Shield on penalties to Mikel Arteta's team a few weeks ago, and lost in Premier League play in after clinching the title with seven matches to spare.

I guess my main lineup question is whether Fabinho remains at center back for this one. Joe Gomez was pictured in training today, but the back looked tight as can be with Virgil and Fab paired together.

I expect Thiago to be on from the start in midfield, and then you have competition for the other places between Henderson, Fabinho, Gini, Naby and Curtis Jones (Milner not in training today, has a calf injury). Arsenal can be expected to defend fairly deep the way they did in their previous matches for us, so that might signal a start for Naby Keita. I think you maybe right, as they wont put just one player to cover Thiago, which leaves Naby to open to exploit. Lets see

What say ye?

I expect Thiago to be on from the start in midfield, and then you have competition for the other places between Henderson, Fabinho, Gini, Naby and Curtis Jones (Milner not in training today, has a calf injury). Arsenal can be expected to defend fairly deep the way they did in their previous matches for us, so that might signal a start for Naby Keita.

What say ye?

clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #16: Sep 27, 2020 10:58:27 am
      Liked this one. But I'd like to have Grujic as a sub instead of Shaqiri.

I disagree, Jones can cover the midfield but Shaqiri offers something different.S
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #17: Sep 27, 2020 12:02:48 pm
      Started to hate Arsenal in recent seasons so I hope we smash these tomorrow. Theyā€™ve gotten a few decent results under Arteta but their style of play is muck. It wasnā€™t that long ago they were playing the best football in the country and now they set up like Burnley. Iā€™d argue Burnley show more attacking intent actually.

Tomorrow is going to be a case of them playing 3 centre halves and tucking both the wing backs in. Theyā€™ll play both xhaka and elneny as holding midfielders and theyā€™re going to make it tough for us. Theyā€™ve always got a chance of nicking games because of Auba too. An early goal could be vital here because if we go into the second half level then I can see us getting a bit frustrated.

The good thing is we have Thiago now who is suited perfectly for this type of fixture. He will see plenty of the ball and Iā€™m expecting him to unlock their crab defence.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #18: Sep 27, 2020 12:07:59 pm
      Started to hate Arsenal in recent seasons so I hope we smash these tomorrow.

I've got to be honest I know it was the in thing to sort of like them during Wenger's invincible times, Henry Vieira etc, but I 've always hated Arsenal going back to that last game of 89.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #19: Sep 27, 2020 12:09:24 pm
      Alisson and Thiago both doubtful for tomorrow.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #20: Sep 27, 2020 12:16:12 pm
      I've got to be honest I know it was the in thing to sort of like them during Wenger's invincible times, Henry Vieira etc, but I 've always hated Arsenal going back to that last game of 89.

Slightly before my time that, I was born in 87 so earliest memories are around 92-93.

I did always like Arsenal though. As you say, the Wenger era, the players they had and the style of football. But Iā€™ve always liked them as a club not sure why. Highbury was a boss little ground and Iā€˜ve always liked their kits. I remember me and my dad having a bev with some of them in Cardiff 01 too and just thinking their fans were sound. Just one of those clubs Iā€™ve always had a soft spot for.

In recent years with all the arsenal fan tv sh*te and the way they play football now I canā€™t stand them.

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #21: Sep 27, 2020 12:30:44 pm
      This team for this game picks itself, assuming neither Joe or Joel will be fit Fabinho sits in next to Virgil, Trent & Robbo will occupy the flanks and it would be foolhardy leaving Thiago out after just 45 minutes of his magistry V Chavs, the real dilemma is who plays with him ?

Most of us would probably say Gini & Keita that would be favourable of course, but what none of us have seen is what happens at Melwood, is it possible that Jota could slot in left side or Jones for that matter, and keep Gini right side, or Jota right side & Keita left, itā€™s maybe too early to try and needs more time at Melwood for fine tuning but itā€™s a possibility, one thing for certain are the three amigos up front,

Arse have a major worry over them but have coped admirably last two outings, but were they a true measure of our capabilities, I donā€™t think they were, we weā€™re definitely under cooked in the dying embers of last season and the charity shield was no more than a exhibition shake the rust off friendly,

Monday night will see us back to our best, but we still have to account for Auba, Lacazette et al, not easy by any stretch, I think weā€™ll see the side Amammac posted, and let them worry about us rather us be pondering over what they bring to the table,

They are much improved side since Arteta went there, but we will prove too strong for them , they played us when not at our best recently but they will see a different animal tomorrow night.

Alisson

Trent   Fabinho   Virgil   Robbo

Gini      Thiago    Keita   

Salah   Firmino   Mane

3-1 Champions 

Y  N  W  A
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #22: Sep 27, 2020 12:33:14 pm
      Slightly before my time that, I was born in 87 so earliest memories are around 92-93.

I did always like Arsenal though. As you say, the Wenger era, the players they had and the style of football. But Iā€™ve always liked them as a club not sure why. Highbury was a boss little ground and Iā€˜ve always liked their kits. I remember me and my dad having a bev with some of them in Cardiff 01 too and just thinking their fans were sound. Just one of those clubs Iā€™ve always had a soft spot for.

In recent years with all the arsenal fan tv sh*te and the way they play football now I canā€™t stand them.

That team with Viera, Bergkamp, Pires and Henry was a top footballing side, and they had knocked off United so that was good as well. But now they are just another group trying to take what is ours, so I hope we thrash them.

Quick Reply