Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Pre-Match: Liverpool v Arsenal (Mon..28th September 20:00 KO)

Read 8267 times
      LiverpoolReds90
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 135 posts | 11 
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool v Arsenal (Mon..28th September 20:00 KO)
      Reply #46: Sep 27, 2020 09:19:53 pm
      beat em 4-1   watch aftv  melt down and the media finally jump off artertas  backside. ;)
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #47: Sep 27, 2020 09:31:29 pm
      All referees should show a bit more common sense, than giving a penalty every time the ball hits someone on the arm. There is an obvious difference between ball to hands & blatant hand ball. Anyhow a win against Arsenal tomorrow night well and truly on the cards.

It’s annoying me when it happens to other teams so can’t imagine what I’m gonna be like when it happens to us...
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,970 posts | 1355 
      Reply #48: Sep 27, 2020 09:37:22 pm
      All referees should show a bit more common sense, than giving a penalty every time the ball hits someone on the arm. There is an obvious difference between ball to hands & blatant hand ball. Anyhow a win against Arsenal tomorrow night well and truly on the cards.

Accidental hand ball is now given as a penalty. If the ref or VAR judge that a player is using his arms to make himself bigger in the area then a penalty is given. It is when a player simply can't react because he's in close proximity and a penalty is given is causing a level of unfairness.

Could even see players flick the ball up against players arms in the box. Whole thing needs reassessed.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #49: Sep 27, 2020 09:38:35 pm

They don't have any choice with this league directive.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #50: Sep 27, 2020 09:39:46 pm
      No, think they both missed Friday's training but both done interviews on the same day.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/410085-inside-training-goals-drills-and-more-as-thiago-and-jota-settle-in

Thiago trained Friday.

When I mentioned Karius in training I didn't mean to suggest he would be in our squad. As mentioned by me and others, he is leaving on loan.

Hopefully Ali is fit to start, but I trust Adrian if not, made some cracking saves on Thurssday.

Harrisimo

• 7,970 posts | 1355 
      Reply #51: Sep 27, 2020 09:45:06 pm
      This game is getting bigger by the hour.It was a big game now given more importance due to City's result. There's no doubt Arsenal are a serious threat this season and we will have to be on blob to get the result.

Leeds gave us a great start in terms of pushing us hard, just what we needed to get fully focused.Tough game expected.

2-1
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #52: Sep 27, 2020 09:56:59 pm
      Just when I thought we were gonna lay our ‘new dimension’ on them, he becomes doubtful. And to add to that, Ali out as well.
      I’m hoping Adrian has one of his better performances for us, and we’ll just have to batter them with our champions side. 3:1 to the mighty reds 😊
      Davbro
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 98 posts | 22 
      Reply #53: Sep 27, 2020 10:31:30 pm
      Obviously I am going to support Adrien between the sticks if Ali is injured but I am interested as to what my fellow supporters think of Kelleher?  I just haven't really seen him play yet so am wondering how far a drop off he is from Adrien?
      Red John
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 390 posts | 127 
      Reply #54: Sep 27, 2020 10:52:09 pm
      We won a lot of games without Thiago last season, they will hardly be able to cope with our midfield whoever we play there. Allison will be missed, sure. I think boys will be motivated enough to prevent them go away with 3 wins in a row.
      « Last Edit: Sep 27, 2020 11:14:52 pm by Red John »
      joemack
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 377 posts | 13 
      Reply #55: Sep 27, 2020 11:44:19 pm
      With Henderson out for this match I would expect Thaigo to slot in. I expect to see what we saw a couple moths ago with Arsenal defend deep and hope one of their strikers can drum up piece of magic.

-----------------Alisson----------------
      TAA----Fabinho---VdD----Robbo
      ------Gini------Thiago-----Ketia---
      --Salah--------Firmino------Mane

Subs: Adrian, Gomez, Tsimikas, Jones, Shaqiri, Jota, Minamino

That'll do for me!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #56: Sep 28, 2020 12:02:34 am
      Obviously I am going to support Adrien between the sticks if Ali is injured but I am interested as to what my fellow supporters think of Kelleher?  I just haven't really seen him play yet so am wondering how far a drop off he is from Adrien?

Saw him for the U23s a couple of weeks ago and he looked quite good. He has grown into his body and commands his area well. Obviously a big difference from doing it with the first team, but you can see why the club like him.
      Davbro
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 98 posts | 22 
      Reply #57: Sep 28, 2020 01:23:49 am
      Saw him for the U23s a couple of weeks ago and he looked quite good. He has grown into his body and commands his area well. Obviously a big difference from doing it with the first team, but you can see why the club like him.

Cheers.  I was also wondering because we invested in that young Brazilian goalkeeper.  The future looks bright.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #58: Sep 28, 2020 06:16:01 am
      https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/410085-inside-training-goals-drills-and-more-as-thiago-and-jota-settle-in

Thiago trained Friday.

When I mentioned Karius in training I didn't mean to suggest he would be in our squad. As mentioned by me and others, he is leaving on loan.

Hopefully Ali is fit to start, but I trust Adrian if not, made some cracking saves on Thurssday.

Some good saves and two big mistakes. I don't mind not having Thiago in this game, Fabinho was awful against them the first time. Thiago is world class but it still is the PL and Arsenal. As for Adrian, I simply don't trust him. He does some good saves but he always does a silly mistake or two and we cannot afford that against Arsenal.

Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #59: Sep 28, 2020 10:08:03 am
      Bobby masterclass.........inco ming........
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #60: Sep 28, 2020 10:13:18 am

He played in the 5-5 against Arsenal and the 5-0 defeat against Villa I think, not to slag him off because he's only young, but he did seem to struggle in both. Think he's still a level below Adrian at the minute, certainly wouldn't consider him for tonight
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #61: Sep 28, 2020 10:41:57 am
      I would like to see a midfield of Gini, Keita and Jones, with Fab next to Virgil.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #62: Sep 28, 2020 11:21:26 am
      Henderson and Gomez available?
      rossyred

• 9,094 posts | 1634 
      Reply #63: Sep 28, 2020 11:25:32 am

Hendo no but Gomez should be
      Harrisimo

• 7,970 posts | 1355 
      Reply #64: Sep 28, 2020 11:50:55 am
      Arsenal will defend deep and rely counter attacking sorties. Arteta has more or less said that.No surprise anyway. They will give us plenty of possession but they will press and press trying to sniff out a mistake, a misplaced pass, get it and go.That will be how they play.

So we have to not get too high.VVD has to set the back 4 and not stray to high. Control in the midfield will be crucial. So I don't think Jones will start. If Joe is fit Fab should start. Pity Thiago isn't fit. We'll need to be patient and both Robbo and Trent will have to guard against getting to high. I would give Robbo a bit more freedom but Trent has to get tight to Aubemayang. Arteta is doing well - so far but maybe we can put the skids under him.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,021 posts | 2742 
      Reply #65: Sep 28, 2020 12:11:54 pm
      They will play the same as the last two games - sit back and hope Aubameyang/Lacazette nick a goal on the break. We just can't afford to give them two goals like we did in the league meeting at the Emirates last season.

No Alisson and Thiago would make this a mighty tough one (the latter I think we could have dealt with if Hendo was fit) and if they both end up missing out I don't think a point would be a disaster if I'm honest.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #66: Sep 28, 2020 12:28:18 pm
      Ok so potentially no Alisson or Thiago, already no Hendo Matip and Ox.....

Adrian

Trent       Joe                  VVD   Robbo

Naby     Fab  Jones

Mo             Bobby            Mane

Subs: Karius, Tsmiskas, Milner, Gini, Shaq, Minamino, Jota
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #67: Sep 28, 2020 01:11:46 pm
      Is Thiago definitely injured or just not fully match fit yet?
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #68: Sep 28, 2020 01:19:21 pm
      Is Thiago definitely injured or just not fully match fit yet?

The beat writers all tweeted at the same time yesterday that Ali and Thiago had missed training with no explanation of what "the injury" was. Neither was definitely ruled out, which makes me wonder if it is very minor or if, rather than a fitness test, there is a ......... test test the club will be conducting.

Quick Reply