Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Arsenal?

Alisson Becker
      15 (15%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      4 (4%)
      Andy Robertson
      3 (3%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      4 (4%)
       Fabinho
      6 (6%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      1 (1%)
      Naby Keïta
      3 (3%)
      Sadio Mane
      57 (57%)
      Roberto Firmino
      1 (1%)
      Mohammed Salah
      5 (5%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Takumi Minamino
      0 (0%)
      Diogo Jota
      1 (1%)

Total Members Voted: 98

Voting closed: Oct 02, 2020 09:51:30 pm

Liverpool 3-1 Arsenal: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 16260 times
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Re: Liverpool 3-1 Arsenal: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #437: Sep 29, 2020 01:01:44 am
      Mane, you absolute F***ing beautiful beast of a footballer.

Piss the league this year, us.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #438: Sep 29, 2020 01:53:31 am
      Another excellent team performance from us tonight, completely bossed them off the pitch and showed once again that we are levels above the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea etc.

Ali - thought he could have done better for their goal but more than made up for it by making some big, big saves.

Trent - he switched off and kept lacazette onside for his chance but apart from that he was brilliant. Kept Auba in his back pocket and he put half a dozen excellent crosses into the box. Also hit the bar!

Virgil - Solid throughout.

Gomez - One or two moments where his positioning could have been better too but overall a good game.

Robertson - made a complete mess of Arsenals goal and before that he had given the ball away cheaply with a few sloppy passes. He made up for it though getting on the score sheet and couldn’t fault him after that. Good, solid.

Fabinho - Thought he was excellent again. I can’t remember him having a bad game for us. He bosses every single midfield battle he plays.

Keita - same as leeds and Chelsea. Didn’t do anything particularly of note but didn’t have a poor game either. Kept things ticking in the middle. I’m a big fan of Naby and watched him closely in the bundesliga and he was unbelievable. He covered every blade of grass in Germany. He’s much more disciplined in our team and I’m starting to think it’s down to Jurgens orders. Which is fine, because we’re winning games, but the Keita in Germany I don’t think we’re ever going to see for us.

Gini - Thought gini had a good game tonight too. The three of them just bossed the midfield and Arsenal couldn’t get near them.

Salah - I wouldn’t say he had a poor game but I thought he was a bit quieter tonight than what he was v leeds and Chelsea. He helped make the first goal but when he took that chance off Jota to kill the game I was livid at the time (maybe he was a bit frustrated because he wasn’t in the game as much tonight perhaps).

Mane - if I’m honest I thought he was very lucky to stay on the pitch. Had an opposition player done that to one of our lads then I’d be saying red all day. Other than that couldn’t fault him. Thought he was a menace all game.

Bobby - a few nice touches here and there, couple of neat passes but still wasn’t enough for me. He needs to up his game and involve himself a lot more. We’ve got genuine competition for places now so if he doesn’t I can see him being dropped.

Jota - Thought he did well. Missed a great chance but got on the score sheet with the winning goal in the end. Some nice link up play at times too.

Milner - Jimmy doing what he always does. Calms things down. Brings a professional approach to everything when we need it.

Minamino - was only on for 30 seconds.

In summary, a great performance as stated. Very little wrong with it, just a couple of minor mistakes that’s all. I’m not getting carried away but we’re looking like the f**king bollocks again. We’re f**king good aren’t we? Sh*te like Arsenal have got a long, long way to go before they get anywhere near us.

9 points with arsenal and Chelsea out the way already. City playing catch up three games in. Fantastic, well done reds.

clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #439: Sep 29, 2020 08:17:43 am
      Mane is on fire. Alisson produced excellent saves too.

Klopp was right to defend our team because only him is in position to have a go at our team.

9 out of 9 :D
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #440: Sep 29, 2020 08:55:09 am
      Mane is on fire. Alisson produced excellent saves too.

Went with Mane for MOTM but Alisson did well to stop them making it 2-2.  More to do with his reading of the game, positioning himself just at the right distance between him and Lacazette.  Closer and he gets lobbed, further back and it gets put in the corner.  Real top class football from him that.

But Mane was immense.  There's been loads of discussion over the past few years about which of our front three we'd miss the most and I'm firmly in the Mane camp now on that issue.  The only shame is he didn't curl in that chance when he nutmegged two of their defenders near the touchline.  That would have been some goal.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,093 posts | 1632 
      Reply #441: Sep 29, 2020 09:15:13 am
      Went with Mane for MOTM but Alisson did well to stop them making it 2-2.  More to do with his reading of the game, positioning himself just at the right distance between him and Lacazette.  Closer and he gets lobbed, further back and it gets put in the corner.  Real top class football from him that.

But Mane was immense.  There's been loads of discussion over the past few years about which of our front three we'd miss the most and I'm firmly in the Mane camp now on that issue.  The only shame is he didn't curl in that chance when he nutmegged two of their defenders near the touchline.  That would have been some goal.

Said it for a while about Mane and rival fans say the same he is up with there with best around
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #442: Sep 29, 2020 09:20:22 am
      Mane and Alisson were top notch buy fir me everytime Arsenal looked like they were about to do something up popped Fabinho. The man is pure class, his use of his body as a shield is top class.

For me quite possibily the one we would miss the most if we had not got hin
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #443: Sep 29, 2020 09:30:21 am

Aside from the "sloppy" drama.... that is a really solid explanation from Klopp about the game plan, the tactics, and the element of risk in football.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #444: Sep 29, 2020 09:32:59 am
      Impressed with the way we turned it around so quickly last night. Could tell the players were just as annoyed as everybody else with the ridiculousness of their goal and it probably pushed them on to take a few more risks in the final third to put things right. Robbo being the prime example after his brain fart which led to them taking the lead.

Bit gutted we didn't finish off our chances because we probably could have been sitting top on goal difference now if we'd have been a bit more clinical / had a bit more luck. Not too arsed though, pretty sure we'll be sitting there soon enough.

That Ceballos looked a player when he came on too, caused us a few problems. Good shout from Klopp to get Milner on towards the end to neutralize him
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #445: Sep 29, 2020 10:16:21 am

Apart from the mentioned players, a good shout out goes to Fabinho because he detects danger and do his utmost to calm the situation. His readingness of the game is excellent.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #446: Sep 29, 2020 11:08:22 am
      AWESOME !!!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #447: Sep 29, 2020 11:42:17 am
      Great win.

Going into that last night I wanted 2 things...obviously the 3 points, but I wanted us to make sure that Auba never did his usual trick, cutting in from the left and smashing it into the top right corner. He never had a sniff all game. Was so proud of TAA, Joe and Fab for not letting that happen!

What more can you say about Sadio Mane? What a beast, he's on a different planet at the moment and I'm so glad he's ours!

Diogo, what can we say, excellent debut performance and so happy you got your first goal. I have a feeling you may quadruple that come Friday morning!

So happy beating that lot, one of my idiot mates is an annoying Arsenal Arsehole and this is what he wrote straight after to the match but he dare not send it to me, but my other mate did!!!  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Kopite78
      Reply #448: Sep 29, 2020 12:02:45 pm
      Great win.

Going into that last night I wanted 2 things...obviously the 3 points, but I wanted us to make sure that Auba never did his usual trick, cutting in from the left and smashing it into the top right corner. He never had a sniff all game. Was so proud of TAA, Joe and Fab for not letting that happen!

What more can you say about Sadio Mane? What a beast, he's on a different planet at the moment and I'm so glad he's ours!

Diogo, what can we say, excellent debut performance and so happy you got your first goal. I have a feeling you may quadruple that come Friday morning!

So happy beating that lot, one of my idiot mates is an annoying Arsenal Arsehole and this is what he wrote straight after to the match but he dare not send it to me, but my other mate did!!!  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

F***ing hell, for someone who understands this disease your mate is a bit simple eh?

They flew to liverpool on the day, flew out after the game only coming into contact with other people who are all tested and do not have it

Unless they went round necking strangers prior to the match their (non existent)worries are misplaced 🤓
      « Last Edit: Sep 29, 2020 12:10:14 pm by Kopite78 »
      Redrew
      • Forum Youth Player

• 21 posts |
      Reply #449: Sep 29, 2020 12:04:07 pm
      If I owned Arsenal, I’d fire the coach simply based on his goalie clearance strategy
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #450: Sep 29, 2020 12:07:47 pm
      If I owned Arsenal, I’d fire the coach simply based on his goalie clearance strategy

Itll work great agains the Burnleys Villas west broms and utds to pull them out of defence but against us who are masters at pressing from the front it was suicide
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #451: Sep 29, 2020 12:22:54 pm
      Feels good today :) 9 points out of 9.
      Played two teams who have won their other two games.
      Two of them in the 'big 6'.
      Chavs with aspirations to challenge. after big name signings.
      Great start.

Maybe shows how much our results after winning the title last season were down to mentality.
      Saw an article this morning that mentioned our 'iron will', thought was good phrase, we look back in that zone.
      And we have Hendo, Thiago, Matip to come back.
      With Jota, Minamino, Jones etc. looking in good form.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #452: Sep 29, 2020 12:53:18 pm
      Feels good today :) 9 points out of 9.
      Played two teams who have won their other two games.
      Two of them in the 'big 6'.
      Chavs with aspirations to challenge. after big name signings.
      Great start.

Maybe shows how much our results after winning the title last season were down to mentality.
      Saw an article this morning that mentioned our 'iron will', thought was good phrase, we look back in that zone.
      And we have Hendo, Thiago, Matip to come back.
      With Jota, Minamino, Jones etc. looking in good form.

Exactly. 100% points so far. We can’t ask for a better outcome than this.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,019 posts | 2741 
      Reply #453: Sep 29, 2020 12:53:57 pm
      Aside from the "sloppy" drama.... that is a really solid explanation from Klopp about the game plan, the tactics, and the element of risk in football.

That comment from Keane actually ended up bringing a lot out of Klopp in that interview.

Great watch.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #454: Sep 29, 2020 01:00:01 pm
      That comment from Keane actually ended up bringing a lot out of Klopp in that interview.

Great watch.

We need a manager like that to put the pundits in their place. It’s short of Jürgen saying - come here and outdo what I’ve achieved if you are more capable than me.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #455: Sep 29, 2020 01:00:47 pm
      Exactly. 100% points so far. We can’t ask for a better outcome than this.

But we conceded a goal. The other team had chances.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #456: Sep 29, 2020 01:01:28 pm
      In fairness Keane didnt say sloppy performance he said sloppy at times. The boss said he came in on the word sloppy and picked up on that
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #457: Sep 29, 2020 01:04:19 pm
      We need a manager like that to put the pundits in their place. It’s short of Jürgen saying - come here and outdo what I’ve achieved if you are more capable than me.

It would frost my pumpkin if I'd put in all that work along with the rest of the team, and it had brought about such a fantastic performance, only to hear some talking head throw shade on it (how much shade that was is up for debate, I know). He was rightly indignant at the description.

Imagine if he would come in here and read the match thread. The commentary after Robbo's error alone would do his head in.  :)

ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #458: Sep 29, 2020 01:08:43 pm
      But we conceded a goal. The other team had chances.

We know where this is going... We’ve had peace for a few days now. Don’t jinx it Rob. ;D
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #459: Sep 29, 2020 01:16:09 pm
      It would frost my pumpkin if I'd put in all that work along with the rest of the team, and it had brought about such a fantastic performance, only to hear some talking head throw shade on it (how much shade that was is up for debate, I know). He was rightly indignant at the description.

Imagine if he would come in here and read the match thread. The commentary after Robbo's error alone would do his head in.  :)

So it’s only right that I defend my boys who worked hard and put in a shift to come from behind. That’s what great managers do. And Jürgen is not a hypocrite. If he was unhappy with some parts of the game he would say so.

Don’t undermine his boys or he will put you in your place. That’s how you get your players to run through a brick wall for you.

And it’s not by punishing or threatening to drop them!

Quick Reply