Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Pre-Match: Liverpool v Arsenal (Again), EFL Cup (Thurs.1st October 19:45 KO)

Read 4592 times
      Kopite78
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool v Arsenal (Again), EFL Cup (Thurs.1st October 19:45 KO)
      Reply #23: Oct 01, 2020 11:01:57 am
      I want a win tonight, and a big win, the squad is very very strong, we can go all the way.

Not sure the boss will be that arsed, you seen when the next round is? 😬

Tsmiskas is injured btw, robbo might start, or milner at LB.

Larrouci possibly, still here, played against united u23s last week
      Cant see him playing Robbo in this and asking Milner to go again at LB seems a bit much. Could do like but seems a bit arl arse
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool v Arsenal (Again), EFL Cup (Thurs.1st October 19:45 KO)
      Reply #24: Oct 01, 2020 11:55:05 am
      If we only had the choice of winning one, we’ve won the game against Arsenal that I wanted to win... so I’m not too nervous for this one, as long as some of the young lads get a game against decent quality and we have a decent game... saying that, Jones will batter them  :aaliverpool2xt1:
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,457 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #25: Oct 01, 2020 12:02:10 pm
      Not sure the boss will be that arsed, you seen when the next round is? 😬

Larrouci possibly, still here, played against united u23s last week
      Cant see him playing Robbo in this and asking Milner to go again at LB seems a bit much. Could do like but seems a bit arl arse

I think the boss is arsed, but wont risk any of the superstars if he can help it.

Not sure but I think larrouci played for u21s v tranmere in the EFL cup on tuesday.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #26: Oct 01, 2020 12:09:56 pm
      It'll be nice to see what the fringe, and younger players can do against more meaningful opposition than (no disrespect intended) Lincoln.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #27: Oct 01, 2020 12:27:37 pm
      I think the boss is arsed, but wont risk any of the superstars if he can help it.

Not sure but I think larrouci played for u21s v tranmere in the EFL cup on tuesday.

Larouci did not play on Tuesday. I thought about him there possibly as well so Milner could play in midfield. Supposedly Yasser wouldn't sign a new contract in the close season and the club were looking to move him on. He hasn't been training with the first team unless he did so Wednesday. That game he played with the U23s was his first back from injury.

So it's probably Milner at left back, but I'm a lot less certain of our lineup tonight than I was last week.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,970 posts | 1356 
      Reply #28: Oct 01, 2020 12:29:36 pm
      Lets hope that most posters realise these games are part of the development of younger players. Neco has taken some stick, totally unjustified. He's coming along fantastically but like any player will make mistakes.

As to the game Arteta might play a strong team so we need a strong bench.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #29: Oct 01, 2020 12:42:10 pm
      Lets hope that most posters realise these games are part of the development of younger players. Neco has taken some stick, totally unjustified. He's coming along fantastically but like any player will make mistakes.

As to the game Arteta might play a strong team so we need a strong bench.

I liked what Pep Ljinders said yesterday about Neco, that as a young player he is "a doer" and doers will make mistakes because they are trying to make things happen on the pitch.  He also said you are only a supporter "if you support."

I think the particulars of that can be fleshed out a little, and for me if I was on social media I would just ignore my mentions, but agree the criticism of Neco has been over the top.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,970 posts | 1356 
      Reply #30: Oct 01, 2020 12:57:47 pm
      I liked what Pep Ljinders said yesterday about Neco, that as a young player he is "a doer" and doers will make mistakes because they are trying to make things happen on the pitch.  He also said you are only a supporter "if you support."

I think the particulars of that can be fleshed out a little, and for me if I was on social media I would just ignore my mentions, but agree the criticism of Neco has been over the top.

Yes I noticed that about Neco.He tries stuff as if he's playing wing back.That is encouraged here I think.We saw it with Trent when he came in. One of the reasons we went for Robbo was that although Hull were relagated Robbo still wanted to get forward to try stuff.

The slight downside is that it occasionally can see us lose possession or get to high on the flanks giving teams the chance to exploit the space in behind. But it's a risk reward strategy in a sense but high support from the full backs is in our DNA so it will carry on being part of our game plan. Neco is an exciting prospect and he should not be put off from playing his game by the odd error.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #31: Oct 01, 2020 04:29:00 pm
      Neco no will already have learnt from his experience against Aubameyang, and have had a bit of coaching on it, as well as a huge hug, and encouragement to keep on doing what you’re doing, just remember to iron out the little blips  as you go along.

He’ll get better, or he’ll hide.
      Think he’ll do the former myself. 😊
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #32: Oct 01, 2020 05:34:09 pm
      Probably wrong of me to say this, but I'd really prefer to concentrate on the league and champions league

To be blunt, really don't give a sh*t about this cup.

Squad is better now, I think we can cope with giving this a go. Unlike FA Cup whose later stages screw us for the CL.
      Kopite78
      Reply #33: Oct 01, 2020 05:49:26 pm
      Squad is better now, I think we can cope with giving this a go. Unlike FA Cup whose later stages screw us for the CL.

Quarter finals of this are in the week run up to Christmas. Semis in new year

Already hectic time of year. I think Klopp won't shed any tears if we go out
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #34: Oct 01, 2020 05:51:15 pm
      Rumoured

Adrian

Neco
      Rhys
      VVD
      Milner

Grujic
      Jones
      Shaq

Mo
      Jota
      Minamino
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #35: Oct 01, 2020 05:58:24 pm
      Word on the street is Billy the kid in with Joe
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #36: Oct 01, 2020 06:02:28 pm
      Word on the street is Billy the kid in with Joe
      Oh conflicting reports here it seems.

I’ve heard Sebastian Coates is lining up beside Kolo Toure.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #37: Oct 01, 2020 06:14:00 pm
      Oh conflicting reports here it seems.

I’ve heard Sebastian Coates is lining up beside Kolo Toure.

Id say more likely to be Gomez and Koumetio though
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #38: Oct 01, 2020 06:18:51 pm
      Id say more likely to be Gomez and Koumetio though
      Well according to WAHS it’s Virgil and Rhys Williams so we’ll soon see who has the inside information.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #39: Oct 01, 2020 06:25:32 pm
      Ill settle for Williams and Koumetio

Quick Reply