Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Arsenal?

Adrián
      5 (8.1%)
      Neco Williams
      6 (9.7%)
      Rhys Williams
      14 (22.6%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      2 (3.2%)
      Marko Grujić
      20 (32.3%)
      Harry Wilson
      0 (0%)
      Curtis Jones
      3 (4.8%)
      Takumi Minamino
      4 (6.5%)
      Diogo Jota
      8 (12.9%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 60

Voting closed: Oct 05, 2020 09:47:11 pm

Liverpool 0-0 Arsenal (4-5 on pens): In game and Post Match discussion

Read 15694 times
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Re: Liverpool 0-0 Arsenal (4-5 on pens): In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #230: Oct 01, 2020 10:43:45 pm
      Yeah I remember mate, I went  the game, great end

Just wondered what his angle was is all

I was happy we did that to win the club worldies even it cost me 70 quid or whatever watching the u12s

Think his point was that the FA and whoever else did nothing to assist us as a club and put us in a position where we drop out of a competition or we go with literally kids, so why should we respect their competition now, which in a way I kind of agree with despite being disappointed of going out tonight.
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,834 posts | 67 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #231: Oct 01, 2020 10:46:20 pm
      Midfield was poor tonight, Wilson looked like he could not care less, would have subbed him early, Origi just can't be bothered ! Minamino ,Salah and Jiota got very poor service .Thought Millie had a good game ,true professional ! game got better when Gini came on .Just a shame we go out on penalties

Ju
      • Forum David Johnson

• 220 posts |
      Reply #232: Oct 01, 2020 11:09:59 pm
      Dont get the hate for Origi he plays every 20 games and people think he should be bang at it in form. Fuc king crazy.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #233: Oct 01, 2020 11:15:47 pm
      Let’s get the F**k out of here and get into the Villa pre match thread ☹️
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #234: Oct 01, 2020 11:41:52 pm
      Dont get the hate for Origi he plays every 20 games and people think he should be bang at it in form. Fuc king crazy.
      Love him for the obvious reasons but when he does get the chance in games that aren’t the derby, the european cup final and the european cup semi final I wish he’d run a bit more. Players who just jog around frustrate me.
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Re: Live: Liverpool V Arsenal (League Cup)
      Reply #235: Oct 01, 2020 11:44:24 pm
      Ah well, lessens the fixture congestion I guess !
      Next round is Christmas week, a very intense period as it is! Not the end of the world to be out at all
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #236: Oct 02, 2020 01:09:44 am
      I hear people saying "meh, f**k off. Its the League Cup and the next game is during the busy period." A week ago everyone was saying our squad depth could compete in all competitions. No way you should be happy to bounce out of a trophy tournament. I can see looking on the bright side, but don't act like you weren't bummed when that last Arsenal Pen went in. I want em all baby. I know thats near impossible, but thats how good I think we are at this point.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #237: Oct 02, 2020 05:16:24 am
      I'm tired of Klopp's bad faith. He never wanted us to win it, admit it. It's a travesty that Shaqiri is being sold while Origi is the one who needs to move.
      Kopite78
      Reply #238: Oct 02, 2020 06:57:46 am
      I'm tired of Klopp's bad faith. He never wanted us to win it, admit it. It's a travesty that Shaqiri is being sold while Origi is the one who needs to move.

Yeah, what's Klopp ever done for us 🙄
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #239: Oct 02, 2020 07:32:00 am
      I think everyone is guttted, it’s just one of those games that you would rather lose if you had to lose at some point.
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Reply #240: Oct 02, 2020 07:52:45 am

That's the spirit.  :mad:
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,955 posts | 234 
      Reply #241: Oct 02, 2020 07:54:08 am
      I was really hoping we could win it all this season. A bit like the CL game last season where we came up against a goalie who had an excellent game.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #242: Oct 02, 2020 07:57:47 am

Shame on Jürgen then. A professional football manager who goes into competitive matches not wanting to win. But has bagged Europe’s biggest trophies in recent years. 
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 867 posts | 101 
      Reply #243: Oct 02, 2020 08:10:05 am
      what a difference a Sadio makes..
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #244: Oct 02, 2020 08:50:58 am
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #245: Oct 02, 2020 09:04:38 am
      Probably the least arsed I've been about going out of this competition. February final probably means minimal if any fans being able to attend so there'd have been no day out at Wembley. I'm usually gutted watching other teams play in the domestic cup finals but I probably won't be too jealous once this one comes around given the circumstances.

On the subject of Klopp not being arsed about the competition - I think last night was actually one of the strongest sides he's fielded at this stage of the comp. Quite a bit stronger than the team he put out for this exact fixture last season which saw us through. More than enough quality on the field to win us the game but poor finishing cost us in the end. Not Klopp, and not Divock Origi (who was on the pitch for about 20 minutes)
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #246: Oct 02, 2020 09:09:10 am
      I really hate losing.

In this comp its not only lost opportunity for game time for squad players but now also a chance for city to equal our record amount of wins
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #247: Oct 02, 2020 09:35:12 am
      Shame on Jürgen then. A professional football manager who goes into competitive matches not wanting to win. But has bagged Europe’s biggest trophies in recent years. 

Do you really believe Klopp has ever shown his intention to win these cups?
      I'm grateful for what he does for the club, but he ain't God. He does not show real intention in winning these games. That's my opinion, we have had the best team in England for the past three years but never managed to play a semi-final in a domestic cup... there's something wrong if our intention was to win every trophy as he says.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #248: Oct 02, 2020 09:51:53 am
      Do you really believe Klopp has ever shown his intention to win these cups?
      I'm grateful for what he does for the club, but he ain't God. He does not show real intention in winning these games. That's my opinion, we have had the best team in England for the past three years but never managed to play a semi-final in a domestic cup... there's something wrong if our intention was to win every trophy as he says.

I'd say we've had some tough draws early on in this competition. Last 3 seasons we've played Arsenal twice & Chelsea at this stage, while the likes of City seem to somehow draw Burton Albion in every single round. In 2017 we got KO'd in the semis by Southampton after battering them over two legs, season before that we got to the final.

I'm pretty confident we'd have made the final last year too if we didn't get fu**ed over with fixtures & had to play the kids against Villa in the quarters
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #249: Oct 02, 2020 10:45:06 am
      played well enough, should have won, theyre goalie MOTM. sh1t happens.
      Redrew
      • Forum Youth Player

• 21 posts |
      Reply #250: Oct 02, 2020 01:33:02 pm
      Because the Arsenal goalie (and the cross bar) had a magnificent game, it can only be concluded that Klopp doesn’t care about this cup.

Good lord!
      Kopite78
      Reply #251: Oct 02, 2020 01:42:02 pm
      Because the Arsenal goalie (and the cross bar) had a magnificent game, it can only be concluded that Klopp doesn’t care about this cup.

Good lord!

No not that for me

I think he cares about winning every single game he plays.. but on the flip side i dont think he will be upset we are out of it

Subtle but important difference
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #252: Oct 02, 2020 01:50:01 pm
      Good goalkeeping and poor finishing cost us, we played good enough but once it goes to PK's then it is a crap shoot whether you win or not.

Though in the past I would of been indifferent about going out of the League Cup but I was dissappointed to go out this early. I want to see us go on a cup run but i guess we will have to wait for FA Cup.

Quick Reply