Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Rhian Brewster (Sheffield United)

Read 4083 times
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Rhian Brewster (Sheffield United)
      Oct 02, 2020 09:09:00 am
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Re: Rhian Brewster (Sheffield United)
      Reply #1: Oct 02, 2020 09:12:39 am
      I'm pretty disappointed about this would much prefer to see Origi sold than Brewster.

At least we have a decent buy back clause.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,327 posts | 1036 
      Reply #2: Oct 02, 2020 09:59:08 am
      I'm pretty disappointed about this would much prefer to see Origi sold than Brewster.

At least we have a decent buy back clause.

Disappointed as well. Maybe nobody wants origi ... we are selling a player who is still unproven in my book at any level above the championship for 23m which is great business

Origi on the other hand will never be anything in terms of being a regular starter and matchwinner. To me he isnt even good enough or reliable enough as a back up.

If someone had offered decent money for origi them im certain he would be gone and brewster retained. Thats obviously not the case and fsg/the club are looking to balance the books hence origi will stay and brewster along with shaq will be sold. Id sell grujic and Wilson as well. Neither will make it here.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3: Oct 02, 2020 10:08:08 am
      Not often Klopp makes mistakes, suppose he's human after all. I'd keep Brewster and sell Origi. You know what your selling with Origi. Not sure anyone knows yet what your selling in Brewster just yet.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4: Oct 02, 2020 10:08:52 am
      23 million for Brewster from Sheffield
      Kopite78
      Reply #5: Oct 02, 2020 10:21:35 am
      Not often Klopp makes mistakes, suppose he's human after all. I'd keep Brewster and sell Origi. You know what your selling with Origi. Not sure anyone knows yet what your selling in Brewster just yet.

Ridiculous comment as you know literally zero about the situation behind the scenes to suggest hes making a mistake
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #6: Oct 02, 2020 10:28:57 am
      Ridiculous comment as you know literally zero about the situation behind the scenes to suggest hes making a mistake

Why's it ridiculous comment. You got insight on how good/ bad Brewster going to be?
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,021 posts | 2741 
      Reply #7: Oct 02, 2020 10:29:59 am
      Sheffield United an interesting move - really rate Wilder but not sure that system is set up to create lots of chances for a young, promising striker.
      Kopite78
      Reply #8: Oct 02, 2020 10:33:15 am
      Why's it ridiculous comment. You got insight on how good/ bad Brewster going to be?

Have you?

Do you know what conversations behind the scenes between the players and agents and the manager and club?

I mean you must to flat out call it a mistake?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #9: Oct 02, 2020 10:41:05 am
      Have you?

Do you know what conversations behind the scenes between the players and agents and the manager and club?

I mean you must to flat out call it a mistake?

Shouldn't ask question with question I asked you first. However, I'll welcomely answer first on this occasion. No I don't, the issue isn't anything to do with what the player or agents doing behind the scenes is.

It's purely based on ability with him being so young. No one can be sure at his age if he can or cannot make the big time yet. From that basis I think he should stay. That's what my opinion is based on, is that so ridiculous ?

Now Mr Keyboard tell us your insight why my opinion is so ridiculous since you obviously know more than me.  ;D
      Kopite78
      Reply #10: Oct 02, 2020 10:47:13 am
      Shouldn't ask question with question I asked you first. However, I'll welcomely answer first on this occasion. No I don't, the issue isn't anything to do with what the player or agents doing behind the scenes is.

It's purely based on ability with him being so young. No one can be sure at his age if he can or cannot make the big time yet. From that basis I think he should stay. That's what my opinion is based on, is that so ridiculous ?

Now Mr Keyboard tell us your insight why my opinion is so ridiculous since you obviously know more than me.  ;D

No I'm saying I dont know, you're the one talking in absolutes here saying Klopp has made a mistake

How do you know his agent hasnt been to the club and say

What's the plan? Is he going to feature regularly this season?
      If not he doesn't want another loan, he wants to settle somewhere and become a first team regular at somewhere he can call his home and feel part of it for the foreseeable future

Some people dont want to live out of a suitcase and maybe Rhian is one of those

But as far as you're concerned the manager has made a mistake without knowing the full details.. yet you call me mr keyboard, I'm not the one giving full and opinionated views when I dont know the full reasoning

Even if it's based on ability (i dont think or why put the buy back, to me that suggests its player driven not manager driven) but even if it's based on ability i trust the man who watches the lad in training every single f**king day as opposed to someone who flirts with an Aussie on the internet who's never seen a minute of training

That's why i think you talking in absolutes is ridiculous
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #11: Oct 02, 2020 10:58:44 am
      No I'm saying I dont know, you're the one talking in absolutes here saying Klopp has made a mistake

How do you know his agent hasnt been to the club and say

What's the plan? Is he going to feature regularly this season?
      If not he doesn't want another loan, he wants to settle somewhere and become a first team regular at somewhere he can call his home and feel part of it for the foreseeable future

Some people dont want to live out of a suitcase and maybe Rhian is one of those

But as far as you're concerned the manager has made a mistake without knowing the full details.. yet you call me mr keyboard, I'm not the one giving full and opinionated views when I dont know the full reasoning

Even if it's based on ability (i dont think or why put the buy back, to me that suggests its player driven not manager driven) but even if it's based on ability i trust the man who watches the lad in training every single f**king day as opposed to someone who flirts with an Aussie on the internet who's never seen a minute of training

That's why i think you talking in absolutes is ridiculous

Well it looks a we're both talking ridiculous then because I don't agree with your thought process. Just because I think Kloop may make a mistake doesn't come under the terms ridiculous, it's just a opinion.

From what I heard before I think Liverpool get around 15% of any sell on clause but don't quote me on that as only heard it passing...

How do you know Rhian doesn't want to live out of a suitcase?? Let me answer it for you without calling your remark ridiculous!!!  You base a opinion on your thoughts, just like I did saying no ones knows how good bad Brewster is yet.

Last post on the matter as I know you can go on and on and on about anything. Get your usual last post in as I know you like that.  ;D

Regards..
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #12: Oct 02, 2020 10:59:07 am
      Anybody saying we should have sold Divock instead of Brewster (and there are lots). What are you basing this on? I guarantee most saying this have barely watched him play, if at all. Just saying it because it's the flavour of the month shout

Scored a few goals in the Championship but have a bit of perspective. Divock was scoring in World Cups at the same age
      Kopite78
      Reply #13: Oct 02, 2020 11:04:39 am

From what I heard before I think Liverpool get around 15% of any sell on clause but don't quote me on that as only heard it passing...

No point commenting on the rest because you've got all upset

On that though

Yes 15% sell on if we dont inact the buy back which is in place for 3years

See it is handy knowing details before you comment eh

Anybody saying we should have sold Divock instead of Brewster (and there are lots). What are you basing this on? I guarantee most saying this have barely watched him play, if at all. Just saying it because it's the flavour of the month shout

Scored a few goals in the Championship but have a bit of perspective. Divock was scoring in World Cups at the same age

People haven't seen enough of him to comment, seems a lovely kid, seems a talent but we cant comment really because none of us have seen enough of him to do so

Thats why I cant get talking in absolutes about situations like this.. just makes you look daft
      « Last Edit: Oct 02, 2020 11:13:20 am by Kopite78 »
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #14: Oct 02, 2020 11:12:21 am

Because Brewster is only 20 and has a way higher ceiling than Origi in my opinion.

I don't see Origi getting any better than he is now which is average with an ability to score the occasional worldie.

Brewster has the ability to be a consistent goal scorer and better all round forward player.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #15: Oct 02, 2020 11:16:06 am

Brewster has the ability to be a consistent goal scorer and better all round forward player.

Does he? How many full games have you sat down and watched him play to come to that conclusion?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #16: Oct 02, 2020 11:20:52 am
      No point commenting on the rest because you've got all upset

On that though

Yes 15% sell on if we dont inact the buy back which is in place for 3years

See it is handy knowing details before you comment eh

Agree

People haven't seen enough of him to comment, seems a lovely kid, seems a talent but we cant comment really because none of us have seen enough of him to do so

Thats why I cant get talking in absolutes about situations like this.. just makes you look daft

Of course there's every point why you should answer my questions as I've answered yours. Certainly not up set we're expressing different opinions that's all. So still waiting for you to express yours along with your closing argument/statement. Don't worry I won't be upset.
      Kopite78
      Reply #17: Oct 02, 2020 11:22:55 am
      Of course there's every point why you should answer my questions as I've answered yours. Certainly not up set we're expressing different opinions that's all. So still waiting for you to express yours along with your closing argument/statement. Don't worry I won't be upset.

I've told you my opinion Keith

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #18: Oct 02, 2020 11:25:40 am

You haven't mate but no problem will leave it there.  :hug:
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #19: Oct 02, 2020 11:25:53 am
      Personally speaking would have only let Brewster leave on loan to a pl club and then assess how he did in 12 months time like Harry Wilson.
      Kopite78
      Reply #20: Oct 02, 2020 11:27:26 am
      Personally speaking would have only let Brewster leave on loan to a pl club and then assess how he did in 12 months time like Harry Wilson.

Personally I would too, that's why I think the permanent deal is player led

You haven't mate but no problem will leave it there.  :hug:

I have.

Have a good day Keef
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #21: Oct 02, 2020 11:37:00 am

That's pretty close to my number plate.  :lmao: good guess
      Kopite78