Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Clubs you respect

Read 6251 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Clubs you respect
      Oct 02, 2020 09:24:37 pm
      What clubs, of any stature, do you respect and why? Is there clubs you dislike because of rivalary but might still respect?

English, British, European any clubs at all
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Re: Clubs you respect
      Reply #1: Oct 03, 2020 01:10:03 pm
      What clubs, of any stature, do you respect and why? Is there clubs you dislike because of rivalary but might still respect?

English, British, European any clubs at all

Tough one. I respect Man United and I respect Everton but I certainly dont wan't them to do well (maybe Everton to a small extent, as I have a few blue mates and have genuinely felt sorry for them down the years with the sh*t that club has put them through 😂)

In terms of clubs I respect and have a bit of a soft spot for I'd probably say St Pauli & Celtic, but its nothing more than a soft spot. Never understood people who "support" more than one club. Liverpool is be all and end all for me
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #2: Oct 03, 2020 01:13:37 pm
      All my loyalty’s are for Liverpool, and I respect any club that operates on their own merits or are self sustained... I have zero respect for clubs like Man City and PSG though, they feel like FIFA Career Mode teams with the 60% budget increase at start because I played the last game, except that budget increase is more like 160%...
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #3: Oct 03, 2020 03:45:28 pm
      AC Milan - their fans tribute to Hillsborough a few days after the disaster was superb. Plus the fact their teams from about 88 to 95 were brilliant.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #4: Oct 03, 2020 04:22:50 pm
      Everton

They will always have my respect.
      But I'll always want us to beat them.

« Last Edit: Oct 03, 2020 04:37:02 pm by ruthcity »
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #5: Oct 04, 2020 10:20:04 am
      Same as Huyton.

AC Milan. That red and black kit growing up as a kid had a complete magic about it.

Ipswich : Bobby Robson's team .  Mariner, Muhren, Mickey Mills,  Pyro Beattie  etc.
      Lived in the town for a while and used to have a bevy with some of them at the Con Club in town or the Belstead Brook Hotel.
      Pele ( Alan Brazil) was rat arsed most nights.
      Burley was a complete tw*t.

Used to climb into Churchmans stand (pissed up) with my red scarf on 5 minutes before Kick Off when the lads were playing in town. (Has a few mates in blue who had my back.)

Most of those days were lived through an alky haze though.
      « Last Edit: Oct 04, 2020 10:25:24 am by MIRO »
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #6: Oct 04, 2020 11:53:08 am
      Do I have to come out of the closet and say I respect you cu*ts.  :couch:  ;D
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 867 posts | 101 
      Reply #7: Oct 04, 2020 12:12:16 pm
      Wolves and Leeds..any team that can come into the Premiership after years away and hold their own against the established top teams of Europe.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #8: Oct 04, 2020 02:04:13 pm

You dont have to, but thanks  ;)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #9: Oct 04, 2020 04:48:13 pm

How many hail marys do you reckon that would cost you? :laugh:
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 867 posts | 101 
      Reply #10: Oct 05, 2020 08:17:59 am
      Villa..missed relegation by the skin of their balls yet are back soon after and anihilate a top, top team.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #11: Oct 05, 2020 12:53:13 pm
      Yer given how Villa daddy dicked us last night we should as a fan base consider it.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #12: Oct 05, 2020 12:56:37 pm
      None
      ToshackKeeganOneNil
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 100 
      Reply #13: Jul 02, 2021 08:41:47 am
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #14: Jul 02, 2021 05:03:58 pm
      Got a soft spot for Rangers, only wish the fans wouldn't sing their bigoted bullshit,
      Got a even softer spot for Partick Thistle  cos that's the club I drew out of a hat and supported after I refused to go to ibrox for the same reasons as above,

AC Milan,  class club , class fans and were my favourite Serie A side anyways,

Man U, Hate the very bones of them but i do have a modicum of respect for their achievements,  contradictory I know but it's just how I view them,

As for anyone else, I give as much as a F**k as they give LFC, especially your Man City's, Chelsea,  PSG, who prefer to buy their history/success rather build & conquer.

YNWA
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #15: Jul 02, 2021 06:25:27 pm
      Man U, Hate the very bones of them but i do have a modicum of respect for their achievements,  contradictory I know but it's just how I view them,
      Even if we hate them, it wouldn't be shocking to learn that many Liverpool supporters begrudgingly respect United. You've got to give it to them, unlike City and Chelsea, they built their success the right way. We may not like to hear it but our football philosophy and theirs is a bit similar (maybe not so much lately though). And the way they kept the club going after Munich is also worthy of respect.

To go back to the initial question: I very much respect Dortmund. I always felt they were a bit similar to us, even before Jürgen joined us.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #16: Jul 02, 2021 07:02:58 pm
      Even if we hate them, it wouldn't be shocking to learn that many Liverpool supporters begrudgingly respect United. You've got to give it to them, unlike City and Chelsea, they built their success the right way.

By spending loads of F***ing money, don't believe half the bullshit about the manc cu*ts. Ferguson spent loads of dough buying players.

I take it you mean wools then, most scouse reds I know can't stand the inbred tw*ts.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #17: Jul 02, 2021 07:33:38 pm
      By spending loads of f**king money, don't believe half the bullshit about the manc cu*ts. Ferguson spent loads of dough buying players.

I take it you mean wools then, most scouse reds I know can't stand the inbred tw*ts.
      Not saying they didn't spend an insane amount of money. But unlike City and Chelsea, they did generate most of that money themselves with their successes, profits from outgoing transfers and legit sponsors.
      Like I said, we can hate them and still respect their achievements.

I can also 100% respect that you don't feel that way. It's all good.  ;)
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #18: Jul 03, 2021 07:27:41 am
      By spending loads of f**king money, don't believe half the bullshit about the manc cu*ts. Ferguson spent loads of dough buying players.

Excuse me!! We won the league with kids remember, don't tell Alan Hanson that though.  :f_whistle: With the success we had in the 90s/20s comes riches, with the riches we could afford better players to continue that success.

Inbreds or not we earned it.  ;) 
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #19: Jul 03, 2021 07:30:10 am

I can also 100% respect that you don't feel that way. It's all good.  ;)

No no no, don't tell him that. Tell him to take his roses tints off.  ;D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #20: Jul 03, 2021 12:32:47 pm
      Excuse me!! We won the league with kids remember, don't tell Alan Hanson that though.  :f_whistle: With the success we had in the 90s/20s comes riches, with the riches we could afford better players to continue that success.

Inbreds or not we earned it.  ;) 

Touched a nerve?

Earned it, F**k off Ferguson had Elleray and Webb hanging out of his arse most weeks willing to give a pen anytime a manc player went down in the box and several other highly dubious decisions like Carroll scooping the ball a thousand miles behind the line against spurs, yep no goal given.

Earned it, don't make me F***ing laugh.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #21: Jul 03, 2021 01:43:14 pm
      Touched a nerve?

Earned it, f**k off Ferguson had Elleray and Webb hanging out of his arse most weeks willing to give a pen anytime a manc player went down in the box and several other highly dubious decisions like Carroll scooping the ball a thousand miles behind the line against spurs, yep no goal given.

Earned it, don't make me f**king laugh.

I actually think some of the lads saying they respected United touched a nerve with you.  ;D  Not that old chestnut again HR come on. Next thing you
      you'll be saying Fergie time was all down to luck.  :lmao:

Admit it, you respect United just as much as Liverpool.  :f_whistle:
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #22: Jul 03, 2021 02:59:12 pm
      I have a soft spot for Everton..... its a swam

Quick Reply