Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Clubs you respect

Read 6246 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Clubs you respect
      Reply #23: Jul 03, 2021 03:07:55 pm
      I have a soft spot for Everton..... its a swam

:lmao:
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #24: Jul 17, 2021 08:22:44 am
      AC Milan, Borussia Dortmund and Celtic spring to mind.

Benfica and Porto for constantly finding South American gems and selling them on with the profit sustaining their clubs.

I personally respect Valencia for breaking up the duo and winning La Liga a couple of times in the past.

In England I wouldn't say there's any teams I currently respect.

As much as it kills me to say it Fergies United earned my respect. Wenger's Arsenal and Pep's Barca deserve a mention. Jose's Porto. Deportivo in their hay day.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #25: Jul 18, 2021 11:44:56 am

F***ing joking aren't yer!!

Complete anti-football, go down under every challenge bunch of shithouses. The playacting out of them v Celtic in the Uefa Cup final was F***ing grim.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #26: Jul 18, 2021 10:53:35 pm

Still remember their team with Makaay, Tristan, Pandiani, Valeron, Capdevila, Scaloni and so many others. What a solid team that was. And what a downfall for the club in recent years.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #27: Jul 18, 2021 11:44:01 pm
      Still remember their team with Makaay, Tristan, Pandiani, Valeron, Capdevila, Scaloni and so many others. What a solid team that was. And what a downfall for the club in recent years.

Mauro Silva  djalminha, Fran, Manuel Pablo etc
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #28: Jul 19, 2021 03:38:06 am
      F***ing joking aren't yer!!

Complete anti-football, go down under every challenge bunch of shithouses. The playacting out of them v Celtic in the Uefa Cup final was f**king grim.

Porto won the champions league. Fc Porto. Yes they rolled around and play acted but there's only so much of that you can do and a certain amount of skillset it takes to win it. I respect it.

The Deportivo team was unreal. What a decline. Shows you what can happen if you don't adapt and move with the times correctly. Who's our recent britisg equivalent of Depor?
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #29: Jul 19, 2021 09:07:49 am
      The Deportivo team was unreal. What a decline. Shows you what can happen if you don't adapt and move with the times correctly. Who's our recent britisg equivalent of Depor?

Couple years ago, I'd have said Leeds, 100%.
      Now? Sunderland, probably. They never reached the same heights as Deportivo, but with the kind of support they have, coupled with a decent academy, it's astonishing to find them in League 1. Perfect example of piss poor management.
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #30: Jul 19, 2021 12:27:14 pm
      Couple years ago, I'd have said Leeds, 100%.
      Now? Sunderland, probably. They never reached the same heights as Deportivo, but with the kind of support they have, coupled with a decent academy, it's astonishing to find them in League 1. Perfect example of piss poor management.

Yeah bang on. Sunderland's decline is a sad sight tbh. I've not minded them. I wouldn't go as far as liked but not minded.

Fiorerntina were a team I liked. They've been missing from European football for years on end.

Leeds have my respect now. They done it all the right way. Didn't spend millions and crazy wages. They got a very good manager in and he made it happen. With fans back in Elland Road will be a very daunting place to visit thie year.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #31: Jul 19, 2021 04:26:18 pm
      Porto won the champions league. Fc Porto. Yes they rolled around and play acted but there's only so much of that you can do and a certain amount of skillset it takes to win it. I respect it.

And forgot managed by an utter c**t too. Only reason to be arsed about them is for knocking the mancs out and Jose's actions costing him the Liverpool job.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #32: Jul 19, 2021 04:38:53 pm

Porto  :lmao:
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #33: Jul 19, 2021 05:12:48 pm

Hey wth you doing here? This isn't an fsg thread. No one has anything to say on them in here don't worry
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #34: Jul 19, 2021 05:14:01 pm
      And forgot managed by an utter c**t too.

This I have no arguments with. He's had a massive decline himself. Roma the latest B list club to give him a shot
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #35: Jul 19, 2021 06:08:02 pm
      This I have no arguments with. He's had a massive decline himself. Roma the latest B list club to give him a shot

Had he not legged it down the Old Trafford touchline, he would of been our manager instead of Rafa. Rick Parry saw that and thought it was unbecoming behaviour of a Liverpool manager.
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #36: Jul 19, 2021 06:29:46 pm
      Had he not legged it down the Old Trafford touchline, he would of been our manager instead of Rafa. Rick Parry saw that and thought it was unbecoming behaviour of a Liverpool manager.

That was nice to see
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #37: Jul 19, 2021 08:14:59 pm
      Do I have to come out of the closet and say I respect you cu*ts.  :couch:  ;D

Bet that hurt
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #38: Jul 19, 2021 09:21:22 pm

It's about not wearing rose tinted glasses, if you can do that it's easy.... However, as the saying sometimes goes! "The truth hurts"

HR respects us but he's just too stubborn to admit it.  ;D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #39: Jul 20, 2021 04:37:28 pm
      HR respects us but he's just too stubborn to admit it.  ;D

Deffo looking at a career change doing stand up, softlad?

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #40: Jul 20, 2021 06:06:24 pm
      Deffo looking at a career change doing stand up, softlad?

Love it  :lmao:
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1191 
      Reply #41: Jul 20, 2021 06:39:55 pm
      Rangers, mainly due to family connections but also since Stevie took charge I've kept an eye out for their results. I went to the Europa League final in 2008 (Etihad) and I don't think Manchester was prepared for the invasion. Total mayhem!

AC Milan for the football. I associate that club with European greatness; nights at the San Siro, Milan in their red and black kit. It still baffles what has happened to them having been the team of Baresi, Van Basten, Gullit, and more recently Maldini, Pirlo and Cafu -- masters one and all.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #42: Jul 20, 2021 07:31:00 pm
      Rangers, mainly due to family connections but also since Stevie took charge I've kept an eye out for their results. I went to the Europa League final in 2008 (Etihad) and I don't think Manchester was prepared for the invasion. Total mayhem!

AC Milan for the football. I associate that club with European greatness; nights at the San Siro, Milan in their red and black kit. 

F**k it, another chance to post this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFX07w2-4ls
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #43: Aug 26, 2021 07:01:05 pm
      AC Milan, shame our two great teams never competed, just missed each other by about four years.

Dortmund, love the ground and the passion of the fans. Constantly have to fight to stay competetive and managing to play dynamic football while having to sell all the cheap players they show to be superstars.

Ajax. Because there were a giant, and would remain a giant if only they could afford to keep their acadamy.

Bayern for being so intelligently run, but they get everything handed on a plate.

Barcelona, the Barcelona of no shirt sponsorship and relying on talents from La Masia. And for sticking to their short, passing style.
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #44: Aug 27, 2021 05:47:26 pm
      Only the one “LFC’  the rest can F**k right off & go a get fu**ed.😎.

Quick Reply