Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

Thiago and our Tactics: How Does our new #6 fit in and affect the team?

Read 8505 times
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,921 posts | 4985 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Re: Thiago and our Tactics: How Does our new #6 fit in and affect the team?
      Reply #69: Sep 26, 2020 01:20:01 pm
      Most of the media and practically all of the pundits have waxed lyrical over KDB and what he means to Citeh, and rightly so, it’s been said that a KDB in the current Liverpool side would make us virtually unbeatable,
      Well, I think we have found our own KDB in Thiago, he too can control the tempo of a game, he too has the vision and intelligence that those pundits have drooled over, he has the skills and passing ability that can split the tightest of defences, into the paths of Messers, Salah, Firmino, Mane or Jota,

I think the Thiago signing has given us a huge advantage and has seriously cut the odds of us retaining our crown, as Tony Evans article alludes to, he gives guile and a expertise we perhaps lacked last season and before, well not any more, now we have everything we need, Jürgen can opt to use 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 and switch at will, it’s true that clubs were finding us out, blocking Trent & Robbo, but now they won’t have a f***in scooby what we’ll do,

I really don’t like getting ahead of myself but I honestly can’t see us not winning the league again this season, Citeh are still our closest rivals and I look at them and see a very good side but then I look at us and I see a better very good side, in seasons past they had strength of depth and better quality over us, I don’t think we can say that now, do they have a better keeper, not so sure, I think Ali just about shaves it IMO, have they a better back four, definitely not, is their midfield better than ours, again I don’t think it is, and are their top three better than ours, not a f***in chance, and their bench, is it any better than ours, arguably not,

That 18 point gap between us , that just wasn’t about how we won more games than them, it tells me that our manager got more out of our players than Pep did of his, it tells me who has a more oiled machine, a better system with all its components working together with more efficiency, and perhaps most of all it tells me who the better team is and has a better chance of more success going  forward , I know who my money is on !

Y  N  W  A
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #70: Sep 28, 2020 06:25:54 am
      Most of the media and practically all of the pundits have waxed lyrical over KDB and what he means to Citeh, and rightly so, it’s been said that a KDB in the current Liverpool side would make us virtually unbeatable,
      Well, I think we have found our own KDB in Thiago, he too can control the tempo of a game, he too has the vision and intelligence that those pundits have drooled over, he has the skills and passing ability that can split the tightest of defences, into the paths of Messers, Salah, Firmino, Mane or Jota,

I think the Thiago signing has given us a huge advantage and has seriously cut the odds of us retaining our crown, as Tony Evans article alludes to, he gives guile and a expertise we perhaps lacked last season and before, well not any more, now we have everything we need, Jürgen can opt to use 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 and switch at will, it’s true that clubs were finding us out, blocking Trent & Robbo, but now they won’t have a f***in scooby what we’ll do,

I really don’t like getting ahead of myself but I honestly can’t see us not winning the league again this season, Citeh are still our closest rivals and I look at them and see a very good side but then I look at us and I see a better very good side, in seasons past they had strength of depth and better quality over us, I don’t think we can say that now, do they have a better keeper, not so sure, I think Ali just about shaves it IMO, have they a better back four, definitely not, is their midfield better than ours, again I don’t think it is, and are their top three better than ours, not a f***in chance, and their bench, is it any better than ours, arguably not,

That 18 point gap between us , that just wasn’t about how we won more games than them, it tells me that our manager got more out of our players than Pep did of his, it tells me who has a more oiled machine, a better system with all its components working together with more efficiency, and perhaps most of all it tells me who the better team is and has a better chance of more success going  forward , I know who my money is on !

Y  N  W  A

Thiago and KDB are not the same at all. One is an attacking midfielder who has excellent vision and passing while Thiago is more a playmaker type who moves the ball in midfield, closes down the opposition and sets the tempo. He has good vision too and a good passing range but he does not provide as many assists or score as many goals as KDB.

They are not similar.

They have a better bench. Shaqiri, Origi, Minamino and Jota have everything to prove.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,174 posts | 4402 
      Reply #71: Oct 05, 2020 12:13:33 pm
      Think we might have to reassess the aggressive high line until Alisson is back, clearly we are not going to drop the way we are set up butthe difference this season so far seems to be the midfielders are pressing very high joining in with the front 3 leaving a ton of space the opposition can exploit, which unfortunately with the likes of Trent in our side is suicidal as he won’t get the protection from midfield he needs.

Plenty already been said about playing such a style with a keeper rooted to the line.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #72: Oct 05, 2020 12:55:27 pm
      I'd like to see us play more dynamically in midfield when Thiago is back with Hendo and one of Naby/Gini/Minamino next to him. Move Fab to CB next to Virgil.

Would also play Jota in the CF role for a few games to see how he plays with both Mane and Salah. I think Diogo could do really well in this position as he has intelligent link up play and an eye for the goal which is something Bobby has lacked for a while now.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,467 posts | 1465 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #73: Oct 07, 2020 12:21:16 pm
      Seeing as Fab is going to be playing in CB a bit more this season, could it be worth testing a 3-4-3? Fab being a player who’s played LB would give him a advantage to being on the left of Dijk, Gomez on the right, it also helps avoid Gomez getting too exposed when Trent is forward, which I think teams are starting to target.
      Something like this (assuming a full fit club)

Alisson
                Gomez Dijk Fabinho
      Trent    Hendo   Thiago     Robbo
           Salah     Firmino   Mane

Or even 3-5-2;

Alisson
             Gomez Dijk Fabinho
                Hendo   Thiago
       Trent       Firmino        Robbo
               Salah        Mane

Quick Reply