Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Villa?

Adrián
      6 (7.1%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      2 (2.4%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      15 (17.9%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      1 (1.2%)
      Naby Keïta
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      49 (58.3%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Diogo Jota
      7 (8.3%)
      James Milner
      3 (3.6%)
      Curtis Jones
      0 (0%)
      Takumi Minamino
      1 (1.2%)

Total Members Voted: 83

Voting closed: Oct 08, 2020 09:09:40 pm

Aston Villa 7-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 29102 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,255 posts | 2820 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: Aston Villa 7-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #782: Oct 04, 2020 09:24:29 pm
      Man of the match dont see Watkins name..
      beardo number 7
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 343 posts | 96 
      Reply #783: Oct 04, 2020 09:25:15 pm
      Who the f***in hell voted for Gomez as MOTM!!!!! Is his ma on this site?? Absolutely sh*te
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,821 posts | 2452 
      Reply #784: Oct 04, 2020 09:25:33 pm
      In training yesterday, and Jürgen said he doesn't think he'll be back just after the international break.

We need to get Alisson sorted to play the next game I don't care how.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,290 posts | 1664 
      Reply #785: Oct 04, 2020 09:25:44 pm
      When this dies down we will realize this is not a one off but a very odd game we do not turn sh*te overnight . However, there are things to be improved on most notably GK and at the back . I would be very very surprised though if there any further additions at such late stage
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,821 posts | 2452 
      Reply #786: Oct 04, 2020 09:25:57 pm
      Who the f***in hell voted for Gomez as MOTM!!!!! Is his ma on this site?? Absolutely sh*te

A troll I suspect.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,821 posts | 2452 
      Reply #787: Oct 04, 2020 09:27:27 pm
      Virgil looks traumatised.
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,129 posts | 127 
      Re: Live: Aston Villa V Liverpool
      Reply #788: Oct 04, 2020 09:27:44 pm
      Was never gonna be easy, but the important players to play so bad, I cant understand, Bobby needs a rest I think . But this a blip, as Lpool fans, we have seen this for many a season, Villa found us out, so they think, and this might be the shot in the arm that we need,  I hope the players hurt BIG time.
      This a long old season, and anyone who thought we would never lose a match is deluded.  Keep it real Reds.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #789: Oct 04, 2020 09:27:49 pm
      BTW, no way I'm voting for MOTM after that.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,342 posts | 1526 
      Reply #790: Oct 04, 2020 09:27:58 pm
      Just one of those games, the deflected goals, Adrians gift, thats 4 goals right there, we will bounce back.

But Barclay s alone  missed 3 sitters. They could have had 10 😱

chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,377 posts | 2822 
      Reply #791: Oct 04, 2020 09:28:45 pm
      Just one of those games, the deflected goals, Adrians gift, thats 4 goals right there, we will bounce back.

It wasn't one of those games. One of those games is Watford 3-0 from last season. Tonight was a whole different level. Even if they didn't get the deflected goals, they missed about four sitters.

Anyway, the last post from me tonight before I depress myself further. See you all in a couple of weeks, don't think I can handle thinking about football before then!
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #792: Oct 04, 2020 09:29:36 pm
      Can't really analyse that.
      We were lethargic ALL over the pitch, and apart from some decent finishes from Mo, a rightoff.
      They got 3 deflected goals.
      And a keeper error.
      But we deserved a beating.
      Terrible nite out.
      Maybe no harm the long break, hopefully get some guys back.
      Possibly sign a CB ? [thought Gomez was well worse than Adrian]
      Pain in the arse having that in the back pocket for the next F***ing fortnite.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,649 posts | 3918 
      Reply #793: Oct 04, 2020 09:29:58 pm
      Can’t bear to watch or look online but interested to know what Klopp says...
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #794: Oct 04, 2020 09:30:09 pm
      It wasn't one of those games. One of those games is Watford 3-0 from last season. Tonight was a whole different level. Even if they didn't get the deflected goals, they missed about four sitters.

Anyway, the last post from me tonight before I depress myself further. See you all in a couple of weeks, don't think I can handle thinking about football before then!

Thinking about taking a break myself. Have a good two weeks thinking about something else!
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,821 posts | 2452 
      Reply #795: Oct 04, 2020 09:30:11 pm
      BTW, no way I'm voting for MOTM after that.

Salah was obviously as he didn't play like sh*t and scored two crackers.
      Redangel

• 8,338 posts | 1010 
      Reply #796: Oct 04, 2020 09:30:24 pm
      How we sign a keeper tomorrow, unless we have been keeping tabs on someone, is nigh on impossible! I think we’re stuck with Adrian, and I for one thought he would be fine! However we simply cannot lay the blame on him totally, we were severely lacking in other departments, and the defence did nothing to help him out!
      Jürgen will, I hope be as ashamed of that performance as we all are, and seriously sort things out!
      I’m married to a Blue, and he’s trying so hard to hide his delight that they are top, unbeaten and play us next! I’m going to bed before I do something I’ll regret. Night all.
      saille29
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,544 posts | 243 
      Reply #797: Oct 04, 2020 09:30:34 pm

Who voted anyway
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #798: Oct 04, 2020 09:31:03 pm
      Thank f**k that’s over. That is up there with the worst performances I’ve ever seen. School boy mistakes all over the park, it was embarrassing. I give us plenty of praise and credit when we perform well but f**k me they deserve some f**king criticism after that. Don’t want to hear any bullshit about we should have had a penalty or their goals were deflections because they created not one, not two but about six clear cut chances that they could have easily taken tonight. No exaggeration that could have been 12 or 13 that. It was f**king pathetic.

Adrian - 1/10. Absolute sh*te. I have a soft spot for Adrian. He’s come here knowing his place as a backup goalie and he’s done fairly well in some games for us but that was sh*te from him. Can’t even pass a ball five yards (which he should have cleared in the first place) and gifted them a goal in the first five mins. Don’t think he got anywhere near any of their goals either. Only thing he did well was saving a 1 on 1 in the second half. Just proper sh*t from him today.

Trent - 3/10. All over the f**king place defending wise. Thought he did ok on the ball in the first half. Second half non existent. Sh*te.

Gomez - 1/10. He was at fault or played a huge part in at least three villa goals. Absolute sh*te from him too. He’s been sh*te for a while actually.

VVD - 4/10. sh*te as well. Just wasn’t as sh*te as his clown partner.

Robertson - 7/10. I don’t think he did much wrong. Don’t blame him for any of the goals. Got forward well and was largely involved in our attacks, especially first half. I gave him motm despite mo’s two goals.

Fabinho - 2/10 f**k me. I said in the last post match thread I don’t think I’ve ever seen fabinho have a sh*t game for us but there it was tonight. Ross Barkley for fucks sake running circles around him. So unlike Fabinho.

Keita - 2/10. Sh*te. Went hiding. Didn’t get involved. Passed the ball from A to B but never got a grip the midfield and the game just passed him by.

Gini - 2/10. Same as above. Sh*te. He’s known for going missing in these type of games. Away from home when the going gets tough. Tonight was another example.

Salah - 7/10. Along with robbo, only player who can take any sort of credit from tonight. Scored two goals. He did his job.

Jota - 4/10. Thought he had a decent first half but got lost in the second.

Bobby - 0/10. Garbage. Needs dropping. He’s the only striker in world football who doesn’t get criticised for his lack of goals. And he’s playing for the best team in the world. It never used to bother me if he went on a dry spell because his work off the ball and his involvement in our attacks he was there to see, but you don’t even notice him any more, he literally stands around doing nothing. Couple of times in the first half were the ball fell to him nicely and he bottled his chances. He was sh*te....once again.

Minamino - 3/10. Tried to get involved but was like a headless chicken.

Jones & Milner - 4/10. Didn’t have long enough to make any sort of impact.

Absolute sh*te game. I’m fuming. Disappointed. Gutted. Just sh*te. Forget this and move on. Now.

A big performance against those f**king divvys across the park is a must.
      « Last Edit: Oct 04, 2020 09:48:57 pm by HamannsTheMan »
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,255 posts | 4932 
      Reply #799: Oct 04, 2020 09:31:17 pm
      How we sign a keeper tomorrow, unless we have been keeping tabs on someone, is nigh on impossible! I think we’re stuck with Adrian, and I for one thought he would be fine! However we simply cannot lay the blame on him totally, we were severely lacking in other departments, and the defence did nothing to help him out!
      Jürgen will, I hope be as ashamed of that performance as we all are, and seriously sort things out!
      I’m married to a Blue, and he’s trying so hard to hide his delight that they are top, unbeaten and play us next! I’m going to bed before I do something I’ll regret. Night all.

We're not signing anyone tomorrow mate.

Out of interest was Adrian that bad as I didn't see a minute of the game?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,190 posts | 4405 
      Reply #800: Oct 04, 2020 09:31:32 pm
      Dean Smith exploited our weakness of no matter what sticking to the high line and as the game went on the players had also lost faith in that tactic!
      rossyred

• 9,290 posts | 1664 
      Reply #801: Oct 04, 2020 09:32:56 pm
      Thank f**k that’s over. That is up there with the worst performances I’ve ever seen. School boy mistakes all over the park, it was embarrassing. I give us plenty of praise and credit when we perform well but f**k me they deserve some f**king criticism after that. Don’t want to hear any bullshit about we should have had a penalty or their goals were deflections because they created not one, not two but about six clear cut chances that they could have easily taken tonight. No exaggeration that could have been 12 or 13 that. It was f**king pathetic.

Adrian - 1/10. Absolute sh*te. I have a soft spot for Adrian. He’s come here knowing his place as a backup goalie and he’s done fairly well in some games for us but that was sh*te from him. Can’t even pass a ball five yards (which he should have cleared in the first place) and gifted them a goal in the first five mins. Don’t think he got anywhere near any of their goals either. Only thing he did well was saving a 1 on 1 in the second half. Just proper sh*t from him today.

Trent - 3/10. All over the f**king place defending wise. Thought he did ok on the ball in the first half. Second half non existent. Sh*te.

Gomez - 1/10. He was at fault or played a huge part in at least three villa goals. Absolute sh*te from him too. He’s been sh*te for a while actually.

Robertson - 7/10. I don’t think he did much wrong. Don’t blame him for any of the goals. Got forward well and was largely involved in our attacks, especially first half. I gave him motm despite mo’s two goals.

Fabinho - 2/10 f**k me. I said in the last post match thread I don’t think I’ve ever seen fabinho have a sh*t game for us but there it was tonight. Ross Barkley for fucks sake running circles around him. So unlike Fabinho.

Keita - 2/10. Sh*te. Went hiding. Didn’t get involved. Passed the ball from A to B but never got a grip the midfield and the game just passed him by.

Gini - 2/10. Same as above. Sh*te. He’s known for going missing in these type of games. Away from home when the going gets tough. Tonight was another example.

Salah - 7/10. Along with robbo, only player who can take any sort of credit from tonight. Scored two goals. He did his job.

Jota - 4/10. Thought he had a decent first half but got lost in the second.

Bobby - 0/10. Garbage. Needs dropping. He’s the only striker in world football who doesn’t get criticised for his lack of goals. And he’s playing for the best team in the world. It never used to bother me if he went on a dry spell because his work off the ball and his involvement in our attacks he was there to see, but you don’t even notice him any more, he literally stands around doing nothing. Couple of times in the first half were the ball fell to him nicely and he bottled his chances. He was sh*te....once again.

Minamino - 3/10. Tried to get involved but was like a headless chicken.

Jones & Milner - 4/10. Didn’t have long enough to make any sort of impact.

Absolute sh*te game. I’m fuming. Disappointed. Gutted. Just sh*te. Forget this and move on. Now.

A big performance against those f**king divvys across the park is a must.

Pretty much spot on
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #802: Oct 04, 2020 09:33:54 pm
      Robbo: "Aston Villa won every competition on the pitch, and when that happens you're never going to win a game of football.....we were well short today, well below par."

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #803: Oct 04, 2020 09:35:00 pm
      Nah, Virgil will be fine but he needs much better than Gomez next to him.

I think you can get the worlds greatest defenders but if you plonk them on the half way line constantly it's a struggle.

Against Everton I dont particularly care if we win lose or draw to be honest. I want to see us put in a proper football performance. Keep our shape. We are the away team going into a derby.

No harm whatsoever in having a football match rather than fifa.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,821 posts | 2452 
      Reply #804: Oct 04, 2020 09:35:02 pm
      We're not signing anyone tomorrow mate.

Out of interest was Adrian that bad as I didn't see a minute of the game?

Adrian wasn't that bad.

He was worse.

Quick Reply