Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Villa?

Adrián
      6 (7.1%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      2 (2.4%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      15 (17.9%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      1 (1.2%)
      Naby Keïta
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      49 (58.3%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Diogo Jota
      7 (8.3%)
      James Milner
      3 (3.6%)
      Curtis Jones
      0 (0%)
      Takumi Minamino
      1 (1.2%)

Total Members Voted: 83

Voting closed: Oct 08, 2020 09:09:40 pm

Aston Villa 7-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 28381 times
      Kopite78
      Re: Aston Villa 7-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #966: Oct 05, 2020 10:23:58 pm
      It's funny, listening to talk sport we've pretty much been written off... We'll be back with a victory over Everton I've no doubt. My only concern is Adrian I don't trust him one bit, it's not just the mistakes I think he's beaten fairly easy.

I mean I don't,  and wouldnt listen to that sh*te

But who do they think will win it if we have been "written off"
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #967: Oct 05, 2020 11:00:12 pm
      Will this battering have a lasting effect on the lads, or will it be normal service resumed ? Blame who or what you want, we’ll probably start the next game with the same line up, with perhaps the exception of Hendo.
      As the bitters also seem to be in a purple patch, we’ll only know for sure following that match eh !

Still be there rooting them on to a 2:1 win 😊
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #968: Oct 06, 2020 03:11:32 am
      😀

Keep hearing this, sorry but that's f**king nonsense

I wouldnt have woken up 3 times in the night had we lost 2-1 and having to remember if it was real

I wouldnt have had an 10 year old in tears before bed had it been 2-1

2-1 is annoying. 7-2 is a bit embarrassing in truth

I've supported this club for 35 years and to put a 7-2 loss in context, it's never happened before

So yeah I'm sound, I've defended my team all day, I already cant wait for the next game, I trust and back these boys to put it right.. but come on a 2-1 loss wouldn't have been worse

Agree.

How can a 1-0 defeat be worse than a 7-2 mauling? It literally doesn’t make sense.

It put huge embarrassment on the club but the psychological effect it could have may be huge.

Those players will go into our next game against Everton who are full of confidence right now with that villa performance in the back of their minds. It will knock their confidence.

The effect could also be massive on the opposition too. Teams will think well if Villa can do it then so can we. And they’ll highlight the same problems and expose the same weakness.

That’s not to say I don’t have any faith in Jürgen and the boys. Of course I do. But F**k me, that was a F***ing shocker and it could be very difficult to bounce back from.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,955 posts | 234 
      Reply #969: Oct 06, 2020 05:48:10 am
      It took me a couple of days to come of that result. One thing I have always been proud about LFC is that even when they lose, they don't roll over like an Arsenal. Even during Hodgson's days, we never lost this badly. When we lost to Scums at Old Trafford (Berbatov scored the last hat trick) , we lost 3-2 although the scoreline is flattering.

This was a very embarrassing result when you expected us to thump Villa and take advantage of City's slip ups. The international break at this time is irritating and a loss just before it makes the gap sorrowful.

But, one good thing is that the next game is against the Bitters and I expect Klopp to be fully pumped up for it. I fully expect the players to go back to the basics and at a minimum guarantee a victory.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,234 posts | 261 
      Reply #970: Oct 06, 2020 08:13:19 am
      I mean I don't,  and wouldnt listen to that sh*te

But who do they think will win it if we have been "written off"

They didn't really, it was more how we'd been found out.. No mention of any players missing, no mention of beating Arsenal the previous week, no mention of three deflected goals. We played sh*te we know it but unlike Utd who played sh*te and are sh*te we most certainly are not. We'll bounce back big time from this, as Klopp, the players and everyone involved with the club see it as a huge embarrassment, let them laugh, let Everton have a few weeks in the sun, we'll be laughing come May.
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 867 posts | 101 
      Reply #971: Oct 06, 2020 08:16:46 am
      Will this battering have a lasting effect on the lads, or will it be normal service resumed ? Blame who or what you want, we’ll probably start the next game with the same line up, with perhaps the exception of Hendo.
      As the bitters also seem to be in a purple patch, we’ll only know for sure following that match eh !

Still be there rooting them on to a 2:1 win 😊

bound to have a medium term effect, I mean theres a  defeat and theres a F***ing trauma, Im genuinely a bit worried now that we havent a reliable keeper and the season is unlike any before.
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #972: Oct 06, 2020 09:16:55 am
      Come on now, too many comments here trying to find a positive spin on that result. Looking for excuses, justification, searching back in history to see how we 'turned it around' after our previous worst results.

Can't be doing with that false optimism. This was an appalling result. This was inexcusable. A true embarrassment on a scale not known for some time. The worst result under Klopp - especially given the circumstances.

Take note of it. Let's hope we never repeat it, and better improve quickly. I'm not interested in 'lessons learnt' etc. Just get us right again!   
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #973: Oct 06, 2020 09:37:26 am
      Come on now, too many comments here trying to find a positive spin on that result. Looking for excuses, justification, searching back in history to see how we 'turned it around' after our previous worst results.

Can't be doing with that false optimism. This was an appalling result. This was inexcusable. A true embarrassment on a scale not known for some time. The worst result under Klopp - especially given the circumstances.

Take note of it. Let's hope we never repeat it, and better improve quickly. I'm not interested in 'lessons learnt' etc. Just get us right again!

Embarrassing is the perfect word. Laughing stock of the football world.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,234 posts | 261 
      Reply #974: Oct 06, 2020 10:25:19 am

Believe me, I'm not putting a positive spin on it by any means but what do we do? It's happened we have to move on, I just hope the players are furious with their own display, you'll be able to tell that in the next game.. I can't find anything positive to say about the prospect of Adrian in goal. I don't think he should have ever wore the shirt again after the Atletico game.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #975: Oct 06, 2020 11:17:53 am
      You as well?! In mine, most of the team had their bodies inhabited by aliens who couldn't play football to save themselves. I must have a fever.

What was yours?

Similar. Had another last night where Thiago was sent in to the club by the Chinese to spread Covid. He even said 'Huawei' on a promo video the day that he signed. Mad sh*t.
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,860 posts | 165 
      Reply #976: Oct 06, 2020 02:19:38 pm
      We didn't have a plan b, got back to 2-1, should have calmed the game down, know captain or leader, just continued to play naive.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #977: Oct 06, 2020 04:14:44 pm
      Only problem for me is it take until October 17th to see this team back to the winning and collecting throphies again.
      This game is just strange and abnormal. It can happen again but not in near future.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #978: Oct 06, 2020 04:51:13 pm
      My take is that Villa hacked into our Matrix... I’m still screwing..😡
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #979: Oct 06, 2020 05:58:08 pm
      It's funny, listening to talk sport we've pretty much been written off... We'll be back with a victory over Everton I've no doubt. My only concern is Adrian I don't trust him one bit, it's not just the mistakes I think he's beaten fairly easy.

Reactionary bullshit to keep callers ringing in.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,918 posts | 281 
      Reply #980: Oct 06, 2020 06:22:16 pm
      Hopefully this result wakes Adrian, Gomez, Virgil, Trent, Keita and Bobby the F**k up. None of them have put in a decent performance this season and all look hungover.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #981: Oct 06, 2020 06:31:04 pm
      Embarrassing is the perfect word. Laughing stock of the football world.

Laughing.....at what? Our trophy haul in the last couple of years or our haul over our entire history?

Neither one are really laughable to me.

Laughable is Barcelona........no Big Ears for how long? Getting knocked out after having huge leads to protect...then their greatest ever player wanting to leave them high and dry.

Now that's something I can laugh at. Anyone laughing at us is doing so because they know their time will come and the only solace they have is one bad loss. 0 points is 0 points, doesn't matter what the score line. We will move on...other teams better as well.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #982: Oct 06, 2020 07:35:29 pm
      Hopefully this result wakes Adrian, Gomez, Virgil, Trent, Keita and Bobby the f**k up. None of them have put in a decent performance this season and all look hungover.

Just read Naby Keita has not made a tackle in 4  games is it anywonder we struggled and alongside Gini who hasn't got a tackle in him
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #983: Oct 06, 2020 09:15:18 pm
      Still screwing....

However... if your going to have a blip or a slump you might as well have it early on in the season..

Onwards & upwards... here come the Redmen..👊🏼
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #984: Oct 06, 2020 11:16:26 pm
      I don't get Talk Sport in Tasmania, unless it is streamed in which case I still wouldn't get it. Of course the media are going to get mileage out of that thumping. How do you dissect it tactically though? Deflected goals, new keeper, no Mane, lack of focus etc. We have had great success over the last 2 years due to an unbelievable level of effort and some bits of luck too. If our effort dipped last week it can be forgiven surely. I don't think we have been rumbled tactically.

For my two cents, I don't think Klopp should be too reactionary over one result. However, in the derby I would like to see 3 of Milner, Henderson, Gini or Fabinho in there. I would like to see real aggression back. Its how we play in this system.
      Kopite78
      Reply #985: Oct 06, 2020 11:23:53 pm
      I don't get Talk Sport in Tasmania, unless it is streamed in which case I still wouldn't get it.

You're lucky

Essentially it's the s#n on the radio

Cant understand why anyone listens, let alone reds
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #986: Oct 07, 2020 09:34:53 am
      Smashed, beaten, hammered, trounced, embarrassed, all descriptive words that fit well into that defeat to Villa,

humiliation, we’ve been found out, we’re done, forget the title, etc etc, No, not a f***in chance,

Should it have happened not really, but it did, sh*t happens we all know that, it feels a thousand times worse of course because we are the Champions, but at the end of the day what have we actually lost, 3 points, that’s all, 3 Points, and of course this seasons 3 game unbeaten record, but we are still five points ahead of our nearest could have been eight, but all ends up, in essentially a two horse race, after three games, I’d snap your hand off for a five point lead,

So forget the Villa hammering, that is a one off, a game where everything that Villa planned for fell into place, so fair fucks to them, simple fact is we were sh*te, a five goal difference type of sh*te I’ll grant you but we still only lost three points, all the media wankstains and tosspots can say what the F**k they like, they thrive on this kind of sh*t, gets them all hard & excited about how much stick to throw at us, that pedestal they put us on they want to kick it away, so they can put the boot in even more,

Talkshite, the s*n, mirror and the rest of the redtop fuckstick journo’s will soon be eating out of our hands again very soon, the derby on the horizon will be another opportunity for them to twist the knife if the worst were to happen, and it might, but that still won’t decide where the title ends up, will it ?

* * * * * *            * * * * * *            * * * * * *            * * * * * *            * * * * * *        * * * * * *

There is no doubt we are not at our best right now, any side in the world would be weaker without a world class GK, and no second keeper will be as good as your main man, in Adrian we do have a decent No2, prone to a brain fart or two, yes, but all keepers make mistakes, so what do we do ?

Do we stick with him and hope he plays error free, or do we completely F**k with his confidence and play young Kelleher in his stead and hope the young fella don’t succumbed to pressure and make the mistakes we’re hounding Adrian for, say that did happen, then what next, (hypothetically)

Rocky’s voice;

Hey Adrian we think you are sh*te but it turns out young Kelleher is worse, so we need you back until Ali is fit, how dya feel mate?  Can’t see Adrian running up the steps of the City hall do you?

Two weeks recovery is a good thing, by then we should have Hendo, Thiago & Mane back, so all of a sudden things not looking too bad are they, still without our No1 but we have the steel & flare back that was so evidently missing at Villa, wonder if the media fucksticks have thought of that ?

Y  N  W  A

TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #987: Oct 07, 2020 09:55:01 am
      You're lucky

Essentially it's the s#n on the radio

Cant understand why anyone listens, let alone reds

It's owned by News International isn't it? The parent company of the Sun. Think that was why Colin Murray left the other year because since they bought it out it's just became one big advertising tool for the rag
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #988: Oct 08, 2020 09:09:24 am
      Well with one keeper blunder and three deflected goals.
      Who’s to say if we had taken a few shots from distance through their packed box, we may have scored 4 deflected goals.
      WTF, take that away and in real terms it was 3:2
      Still a defeat, but the other 4 goals they scored, they hardly took us apart did they ? They got lucky !
      If we can put that behind us and get back to full strength, there still won’t be many who can live with us, that’s for sure.

Only downside for me now is, will this covid rip through the squad 😱

Quick Reply