Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Villa?

Adrián
      6 (7.1%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      2 (2.4%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      15 (17.9%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      1 (1.2%)
      Naby Keïta
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      49 (58.3%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Diogo Jota
      7 (8.3%)
      James Milner
      3 (3.6%)
      Curtis Jones
      0 (0%)
      Takumi Minamino
      1 (1.2%)

Total Members Voted: 83

Voting closed: Oct 08, 2020 09:09:40 pm

Aston Villa 7-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 28384 times
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Re: Aston Villa 7-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #989: Oct 08, 2020 10:04:35 am
      If we go to Goodison and beat them, where we very rarely turn up - then this levels out the points of these 2 games for me. If we don't beat Ancelotti then we could have a tricky time this season. We may have lost a bit of hunger.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Re: Aston Villa 7-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #990: Oct 08, 2020 08:08:34 pm
      Quote from HScRed1
      Woke up in a sweat this morning thinking how against Villa of all teams.............. think God it wasn’t against Utd!!

It could be the next game, or the next away game after that, where playing like that, escaping with a similar scoreline would be optimistic.

We won't buy a reserve keeper. And tbh, it's ridiculous. No keeper on the planet wants to be back up to Alisson. I would rather Kelleher get his chance, as he costs nothing, plays more often (at his level) but I know that realistically Jürgen won't take the risk. It took 2 years and a lot of goals conceded just for him to drop Migs, because he trusted him. The only difference is you have time to develop Kelleher into being a top keeper. You can't with San Miguel, he either has it or hasn't it at this stage of his career, and if he doesn't have it, things happen. He was making mistakes in our last 7-2 game. They didn't matter much. This one did.

Quote from LondonRed83
      Embarrassing is the perfect word. Laughing stock of the football world.

What world is this? A bigger laugh than losing 6-1 at home? Embarrassing isn't a word long enough to describe that.

I try not to get over excited when we win, (winning games at this club should be routine) or very depressed on the rare occasion we drop the ball. The next game is always around the corner, a long corner maybe in this case, but at least we're straight into bat after the international break, no waiting around for Monday night games.

There's not much to say about this Halloween movie, that hasn't been said already. But I will say is that this is the third 7-2 game in a month. This time we know how it feels to not be on the winning side. But there were various mitigating factors; deflected goals, injuries, corona outbreak, etc. So if it's an isolated result, it's not time to lose our marbles. If it happens again, then it's inquest time.

10 years ago, we headed into the international break in the relegation zone, after getting embarrassed by Blackpool in our own house. So we had a lot to discuss, not only what was happening on the field, and we really were a laughing stock. We've all come a long way since then.

Quick Reply