Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Is Pay Per View the way of the future?

Read 5404 times
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,839 posts | 701 
      Re: Is Pay Per View the way of the future?
      Reply #23: Oct 13, 2020 08:57:35 am
      Quote from Robby The Z
      The online reaction to the initial offer of non-broadcast Premier League games for 15 "pounds" per match seems to be almost unanimously negative. Mostly what I'm seeing is in regard to the price, but some seem opposed to showing so many matches in general, I guess because it would continuine the staggered start times for nearly every match over the course of a match weekend.

So over here they show all the games that aren't being telecast on NBC Sports, on a new streaming service called Peacock. It shows those matches live and also holds them for on-demand viewing. There's other programming on it as well, sports and otherwise. The cost for the service is 5 U.S. dollars per month. I know this price will go up, but I'm wondering if a comparable rate, I think it's about 3 "Pounds" and 80 pence to equal 5 U.S. dollars, would be more acceptable to fans in UK, if not for an entire month of service, at least for an individual match of their preferred club?

I understand about the price being too high, but is there some price point where fans would be willing to pay to view non-televised matches while stadiums remain off limits to supporters? I want the bans to end soon but each newscast I watch makes me think we're looking at 2021 at the earliest, and very likely not until 11=12 months from now depending on progress with a vaccine and case statistics.

Are people going to stay away in total, or only if the price is too dear?

You say you have LFCTV. So if you have, you can use it for our game, then watch the highlights later.

I wouldn't pay 15p for the rest of the PPV games, let alone the going rate. Streams are  messy and unreliable, so I wouldn't go near them.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #24: Oct 13, 2020 09:38:12 am

Couple of years ago would have agreed with you but I wouldn't now. 
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,660 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #25: Oct 13, 2020 10:07:14 am

I agree with JD.

In Malta, I have a subscription for TSN 5.99 euros a month but the League Cup is not on it and I use acestream for pirated russian link which is reliable and if it is done properly, legal streaming will be fine (like Netflix). The issue will be the money you will pay for it.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,115 posts | 4880 
      Reply #26: Oct 13, 2020 10:10:46 am

Yea anytime I've had to use a stream recently it's been as good as using my brother's SkyGo account on the tablet.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #27: Oct 13, 2020 02:08:39 pm
      I'd pay $5 for an individual game if the quality was on par. Otherwise I'd just stream it. I can hook the laptop up to my TV and watch it just like it's broadcast. $15 per game is a laugh.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #28: Oct 13, 2020 03:04:00 pm
      You say you have LFCTV. So if you have, you can use it for our game, then watch the highlights later.

I wouldn't pay 15p for the rest of the PPV games, let alone the going rate. Streams are  messy and unreliable, so I wouldn't go near them.

The matches on LFC TV aren't live over here (in the U.S.) They do have audio comms and i've noticed that steven hunter is better than the 5 Live guys about actually telling you what's happening on the park. The other guys just waffle on about seemingly anything else.

I do watch the highlights and even full match replays later - but I try to watch a live match if I can. AS I mentioned, it's a lot cheaper here for a month of games than what they are asking for just one match in UK.

OH, and agree about the streamss. for those and other reasons.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,115 posts | 4880 
      Reply #29: Oct 13, 2020 03:31:09 pm
      I'd pay $5 for an individual game if the quality was on par. Otherwise I'd just stream it. I can hook the laptop up to my TV and watch it just like it's broadcast. $15 per game is a laugh.

I think £5/$5 is a sensible price for one game of football. £15 is ludicrous.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #30: Oct 13, 2020 04:15:50 pm
      I think £5/$5 is a sensible price for one game of football. £15 is ludicrous.

Of course, people used to pay upwards of $50 to watch a Mike Tyson fight for 90 seconds :D
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #31: Oct 13, 2020 04:23:34 pm
      Yea anytime I've had to use a stream recently it's been as good as using my brother's SkyGo account on the tablet.

Which streams do you use Si,  I've had one or two decent but most are slow and forever buffering,  I use a iPad 6 generation & my speed is pretty high, if I can find a stream as good as the one you use I can then ditch sky and save myself some dollar ?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,115 posts | 4880 
      Reply #32: Oct 13, 2020 04:27:34 pm

Which streams do you use Si,  I've had one or two decent but most are slow and forever buffering,  I use a iPad 6 generation & my speed is pretty high, if I can find a stream as good as the one you use I can then ditch sky and save myself some dollar ?

To be honest I haven't had to use one since before lockdown and can't remember what it was.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #33: Oct 13, 2020 09:05:24 pm
      Of course, people used to pay upwards of $50 to watch a Mike Tyson fight for 90 seconds :D

I remember going to a guy's house to watch Tyson-Spinks and of our mates walked in about 75 seconds after the opening bell. He stood in the doorway for a few seconds, watched Spinks crumble to the mat, gave us a quick wave, turned 180 and headed straight out.  :)

Realized later we should have chased him down to get his contribution to the fee.  :)
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #34: Oct 13, 2020 09:06:25 pm
      To be honest I haven't had to use one since before lockdown and can't remember what it was.

Don't worry man, Billy is not an undercover cop for the TV police! You can tell him!

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,115 posts | 4880 
      Reply #35: Oct 13, 2020 09:09:28 pm
      Don't worry man, Billy is not an undercover cop for the TV police! You can tell him!

:lmao:
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #36: Oct 14, 2020 12:21:57 am
      Hi Guys... I know this sux for you all but an Admin on a FB site and I trust this guy, lives over there and has posted this in a Group I follow "Liverpool FC tickets and Hospitality". Great FB site by the way...hope this may help some of you.

£15 to watch a game of football no thank you robbing bas**rds. If anyone wants a reliable IPTV drop me a message. Been using myself for over 4 years no issues and provided for a few on here already.
      1 year subscription will give you the following:-
      🔴Thousands of movies 🎥 new and old
      🔴Tv boxsets 📺 hundreds to watch
      🔴Live tv with sports, films, movies, entertainment, cartoon, documentary all the U.K sky channels and loads of channels from abroad included. 99.9% of games are covered.
      🔴pay per view events
      Only work on Amazon firestick. This ain’t a cheap subscription that the owner disappears in a few months.
      £45 for a whole year subscription.
      £45 for iPhone or android mobile subscription.
      £95 1 year subscription plus a 4k amazon stick loaded.
      It’s so simple when receive you join your home network and off you go if your buying the 4k firestick with all software installed.
      If you want just the subscription I will give you all instructions to download the IPTV and provide support and logins.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #37: Oct 14, 2020 12:43:39 am

https://redditts.soccerstreams.net/home

That’ll give you the links to all streams for a game, there’s usually a ‘ladsstream’ link in there which I always have great success with with minimal pop ups.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #38: Oct 14, 2020 07:30:48 am

Aye, but i could be a Spy....

........A Sheperd's pie 😉😂

YNWA

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #39: Oct 14, 2020 07:35:02 am
      https://redditts.soccerstreams.net/home

That’ll give you the links to all streams for a game, there’s usually a ‘ladsstream’ link in there which I always have great success with with minimal pop ups.

Cheers mate, appreciated 👍😂

lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,839 posts | 701 
      Reply #40: Oct 27, 2020 05:02:51 pm
      Quote from Robby The Z
      The matches on LFC TV aren't live over here (in the U.S.) They do have audio comms and i've noticed that steven hunter is better than the 5 Live guys about actually telling you what's happening on the park. The other guys just waffle on about seemingly anything else.

LFCTV can't show competitive games live in any country. It's audio or nothing. At home games, Steve is alone in the box for distancing reasons. There's nobody around him in a 50m radius, and you could hear a pin drop around him. Anfield is a big stadium with a purpose built press box. He should be commentating in there these days, where there's adequate space for a co commentator to be there with him. I know there are restrictions these days, but media is essential work, and club employees should be able to access the facilities on matchday.

Hopefully this poorly thought PPV cash grab for showing poor quality games, will be put in the dustbin at the next EPL club meeting. Apparantly the nutter Ashley was one of the owners who voted for it and is now complaining why nobody is watching them. A blind man could see it was never going to work. It might have 15-20 years ago, but it won't today. He says he voted for it as there was "no alternative". Er, there actually was. The EPL has 4 existing broadcast partners in the UK, 3 of them have all the time and space to fill 10 live football games per week as per their current contracts, without demanding people pay twice to watch them.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #41: Oct 27, 2020 06:21:05 pm
      Stand together and don't pay, your only lining the greedy bas**rds pockets
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #42: Oct 27, 2020 10:21:02 pm
      2020 is really a twisted year...Mike Ashley calling out Sky & Bt..says games should be £4.99 PPV.. not wrong.

Quick Reply