Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Villa [Premier League] Sat 11th Dec @ 3:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 8th of December and on this date LFC's match record is P20 W10 D2 L8

Liverpool Lockdown

Read 935 times
      LFC PAUL
      • Forum Ronnie Moran
      • Started Topic

• 389 posts | 36 
      Liverpool Lockdown
      Oct 13, 2020 02:33:02 pm
      The City is once again under attack by Tories, just like Churchill sending gunboats up the Mersey in 1911 and Thatcher in the 80s, all for daring not to elect a Tory MP so it's first on the list for sanctions, Toffs gunning for them but as before the people of Liverpool will emerge victorious!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,720 posts | 1506 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Liverpool Lockdown
      Reply #1: Oct 13, 2020 03:36:43 pm
      The City is once again under attack by Tories, just like Churchill sending gunboats up the Mersey in 1911 and Thatcher in the 80s, all for daring not to elect a Tory MP so it's first on the list for sanctions, Toffs gunning for them but as before the people of Liverpool will emerge victorious!

Behave   :lmao: you were closed simply on the r rate being to high. I was surprised Nottingham - Manchester & Newcastle wasn't on tier 3 though.

JD You got the r rates for these four city's ?.
      Kopite78
      Reply #2: Oct 13, 2020 03:57:30 pm
      Behave   :lmao: you were closed simply on the r rate being to high. I was surprised Nottingham - Manchester & Newcastle wasn't on tier 3 though.

JD You got the r rates for these four city's ?.

Not down to R rate. It's down to hospital admissions

I'd be gobsmacked if they arent moved into teir 3 in the next few weeks.

In fact the vast majority of of the country will be in teir 3 over the winter

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,720 posts | 1506 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3: Oct 13, 2020 04:02:07 pm
      Not down to R rate. It's down to hospital admissions

I'd be gobsmacked if they arent moved into teir 3 in the next few weeks.

In fact the vast majority of of the country will be in teir 3 over the winter

Really, didn't know that. There's no danger though the worse is still to come in the winter months.  :(
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 33,770 posts | 5848 
      Reply #4: Oct 13, 2020 04:35:40 pm
      Whatsapp doing the rounds "If you're not in Tier 3, you're a wool"
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,541 posts | 677 
      Reply #5: Oct 13, 2020 07:58:04 pm
      Wait till the City has had a month of it. I hope it works but I don't think you can pick out one city and attempt to treat it differently. It will in the short term reduce the number of positive cases. It will hammer the city, businesses will go bust. People will have to cut their living standards to the bone.

The Tories have short changed the workers.They should've extented the furlough deal. Any area that goes onto the 3 tier restrictions should get more financial help.

I don't go along with the thread starter but there is an element of spite about this. Other area's have high numbers. A 2/3 week circuit breaker would've been a better way to do it.

There is also an element of Johnson giving in to Tory back bench pressure.They want the economy left open regardless of the cost to the population. Lets hope the restrictions work and only last a month.
      Kopite78
      Reply #6: Oct 13, 2020 08:28:25 pm
      . Lets hope the restrictions work and only last a month.

Dont see that. Think we will be in it for the entire winter

Easy to go into these lockdown, seemingly impossible to get out ( look at Leicester)

Mind you I think there will be others going to 3 soon enough as well
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,541 posts | 677 
      Reply #7: Oct 13, 2020 10:28:56 pm
      Dont see that. Think we will be in it for the entire winter

Easy to go into these lockdown, seemingly impossible to get out ( look at Leicester)

Mind you I think there will be others going to 3 soon enough as well

Think you will see the positive cases drop and that will show in 2/3 weeks. That's why it should have been a very very ridgid full lockdown. Backed by a financial package. That should be followed up with tight control of movement of people. That would've made a serious dent and delayed the further spread.

These measures will work to an extent but it's a pick 'n' mix approach and you can't control a pandemic with this piecemeal strategy.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,212 posts | 5070 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #8: Oct 14, 2020 12:15:14 am
      Mate, we here in Melbourne are just about to come out of lockdown on Sunday night.

Can't wait... a supposed two week lockdown to quell the numbers has taken almost 6 months!!!

The 2nd wave is way worse then the 1st and you guys are only coming into it now.

I fear for you all, please take real care of yourselves and your loved ones.

I know it's sh*t but splinter rebel FUCKING C*NT groups kept breaking the rules and it just spiralled out of control!!!
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,541 posts | 677 
      Reply #9: Oct 14, 2020 01:13:31 pm
      Bit of a fuss made over a group of people getting a bit boisterous in the city, dancing, messing about, ignoring social distancing etc. Has happened in a good few towns but now we are in focus being the only City on the 3 tier level it will be frowned upon.Rightly so but I bet they use it to have a right pop at us.

Kids will be kids, they should behave but they haven't this past 2 million years..
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 33,770 posts | 5848 
      Reply #10: Oct 14, 2020 06:07:44 pm
      It’s totally unacceptable anywhere it’s happened, round em up and slap them with the maximum fine, won’t f*cking do it again too often. No thought for others even their families that’s the sad part.

Looking at the scenes this morning getting ready for work I'd say a lot of them were students, in fact I'd say the large majority weren't even from Liverpool.

Heard one speaking to the reporter and straight away could tell it was a woolyback student.

Also stick a camera in front of a boozer like that and you're always going to get knobheads playing up for the camera.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,541 posts | 677 
      Reply #11: Oct 15, 2020 12:07:46 am
      Looking at the scenes this morning getting ready for work I'd say a lot of them were students, in fact I'd say the large majority weren't even from Liverpool.

Heard one speaking to the reporter and straight away could tell it was a woolyback student.

Also stick a camera in front of a boozer like that and you're always going to get knobheads playing up for the camera.

But all the news outlets made great play of it and the rest of the country will just mutter..."serves them right"...not one News outlet bothered to mention it was about 80 odd people out of a Merseyside population of about 1.4 million.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 33,770 posts | 5848 
      Reply #12: Oct 15, 2020 04:34:02 pm
      But all the news outlets made great play of it and the rest of the country will just mutter..."serves them right"...not one News outlet bothered to mention it was about 80 odd people out of a Merseyside population of about 1.4 million.

Agree it was like it was being pushed by the media at the behest of the tory communication department!
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,015 posts | 1063 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #13: Oct 15, 2020 05:16:53 pm

Deffo all students, concert square is the where they all go

Could also tell none of them were scousers because when they were singing Hey Baby (Ooh Ah) I didnt hear one person change the words to John Arne Riise  ;D
      Roddenberry
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,519 posts | 1851 
      Reply #14: Oct 15, 2020 10:27:53 pm

[/quot
      It’s totally unacceptable anywhere it’s happened, round em up and slap them with the maximum fine, won’t f*cking do it again too often. No thought for others even their families that’s the sad part.

And start with Johnson's dad and Cummings.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,608 posts | 5701 
      Reply #15: Oct 15, 2020 10:56:21 pm
      I'll be honest, I genuinely dont know how any Liverpool supporter can look themselves in the mirror and vote Tory

Beggars belief it honestly does

Liverpool supporters don't.  But there are certainly some people who 'follow' the club who do.

Completely brainwashed.  Beyond help.  I wouldn't worry too much about it. 
      Roddenberry
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,519 posts | 1851 
      Reply #16: Oct 15, 2020 11:39:07 pm
      Because certain people keep trying the wind up and don’t have a brain cell between them, I shall put them on the naughty step where children go (ignore) so fire away idiots  :lmao:

Can you ignore yourself?  Please do.

And note I said start with, I didn't say only, just thought it would be useful to start with the two highest profile cases. Not sure why it got you so upset and then I remember you're a Wum/ball.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 33,770 posts | 5848 
      Reply #17: Oct 16, 2020 01:56:09 pm
      Deffo all students, concert square is the where they all go

Could also tell none of them were scousers because when they were singing Hey Baby (Ooh Ah) I didnt hear one person change the words to John Arne Riise  ;D

Haha f**king true that!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 33,770 posts | 5848 
      Reply #18: Oct 16, 2020 02:05:28 pm
      I’ve “followed “ the club since 1971. Some wouldn’t know their Peter Cormack from their Alec lindsay yet they are “true “ supporters, some of them even pretend they are from Liverpool.

How about Bobby Graham, Alun Evans and Alan Waddle? ;)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 33,770 posts | 5848 
      Reply #19: Oct 16, 2020 04:27:47 pm
      Remember that cross from Alun Evans when tight against the touch line hardly brought his leg back.

Was thinking more Bobby Graham's goal in the derby and..................SAN DY BROWN!!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,977 posts | 3119 
      • I Love My A.M.G.
      Reply #20: Oct 31, 2020 07:56:33 pm
      Alun Evans debut v Leicester Sept 1968.

3-0 up within 15 minutes. Evans scored 10 mins in.

My spec was centre Kop.

Cost us £100,000   Most expensive teenager at that time.

........................ ........................ ........................ ......

Bobby Graham underrated and yes  Sandy Brown's "own goal"  ;D
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,095 posts | 418 
      Reply #21: Oct 31, 2020 08:09:36 pm
      Alun Evans debut v Leicester Sept 1968.

3-0 up within 15 minutes. Evans scored 10 mins in.

My spec was centre Kop.

Cost us £100,000   Most expensive teenager at that time.

Bobby Graham underrated and yes  Sandy Brown's "own goal"  ;D

Didn't Alan Evans score against his former club Wolves and Liverpool hit six against them, remember it vaguely .

Quick Reply