Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Everton?

Adrián
      1 (1%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      1 (1%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      5 (5.2%)
       Fabinho
      2 (2.1%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      51 (53.1%)
      Jordan Henderson
      15 (15.6%)
      Sadio Mane
      17 (17.7%)
      Mohammed Salah
      4 (4.2%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Diogo Jota
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 93

Voting closed: Oct 21, 2020 02:27:55 pm

Everton 2-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 26354 times
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Re: Everton 2-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #713: Oct 18, 2020 10:11:27 pm
      It’s the only thing they will be better at than us.
      Being dirty lowlife bitter cu*ts.
      What a mantle eh ?
      Most despicable sportsmen on the planet.
      Most derided and despised players in Europe at the mo.
      In a corner, and the equivalent of being spat at, pissed on and reviled by every fair minded sportsperson in the world.
      With social media being worldwide, this is being deviled by millions. Lots of nutters out there hating this.
      Watch your backs you nasty bitter cu*ts.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #714: Oct 18, 2020 10:59:03 pm
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #715: Oct 19, 2020 04:33:30 am
      Guess we will be shopping for a centerback in the January window.

Hopefully we can hold the defense together till then.

We need horse placentas, baby placentas, whatever it takes to get the General back at his post!  :boxing:

I'm still in shock at how there isn't a team at the club, lobbying this sh*t?!

At least he big ramrod ox of a man, nasty pr**k, seething Richarlison got his just desserts however that dinosaur-joke of a keeper, Pickford has to be highlighted.
      That was attempted homicide!! No card? Massive agenda. I know the PL and especially the FA will never favour us, they have to be made accountable in some shape or form. Have the non-decision questioned, and have the recently failed and demoted blind bat of a VAR knob brought into the light, as to why we were given him!

At the very, extremely least, have them answer and explain the non-decision to let them squirm. Daylight robbery on the winning Hendo goal, but that's a sidebar right now.

I'm fuming.
      « Last Edit: Oct 19, 2020 04:39:11 am by RedStorm »
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #716: Oct 19, 2020 05:33:06 am
      I'm done with football for the season. I've given myself a couple of days, but the fury won't diminish. When the outcome can be so unjust, what's the point? When our most important player can be taken out for the season without punishment, what's the point? When Richarlison can attempt to take out our most gifted player and I cannot personally get to the f**ker, I cannot cope.

I'm on the point of murder and I'm not joking. This state of mind cannot be allowed to continue.

For me there will be no forums, no live games and no highlights. I won't even look at the table. I'll be back next season - hopefully we'll have the crowds back and the results will stablize, hopefully they will fix VAR so it's not watched over by jellyfish. For the sake of my mental health, I'm done with it.

Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #717: Oct 19, 2020 08:17:59 am
      The E.F.A. should be brought to account for the refeering farce and the refs accomplices the 2  linesman, and the tw*t who was supposed to be regulating the V.A.R. Also Richarlson should be banned for at least a month,as for the little tw*t Prickford (I know his name has only got one r in it but to my mind he is a pr**k) he should be suspended for the same length of time as Virgil is out of action for.
                     Oh for a couple of Tommy Smiths in our squad.
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      Reply #718: Oct 19, 2020 09:14:59 am
      Just to clear this up... the tackle WAS checked. Just not deemed a red. Forget the offside. It wasnt a pen because of the offside. But it wasnt deemed a red because Coote didnt deem it a red.

Hang on, was it checked thoroughly though?

I may be going blind but I could've sworn that Calvert-Lewin's boot way up the line, played Virgil on side?
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #719: Oct 19, 2020 09:23:08 am
      Hang on, was it checked thoroughly though?

I may be going blind but I could've sworn that Calvert-Lewin's boot way up the line, played Virgil on side?

It’s a blue boot and I think it might be Gomez?
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      Reply #720: Oct 19, 2020 09:34:11 am
      It’s a blue boot and I think it might be Gomez?

Oh, fair enough. Thanks
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #721: Oct 19, 2020 09:43:52 am
      Probably already been said, but what a fukin game, disaster with VVD, should have been a bloody red, mane goal, ffs. how can a mm of a shirt be offside, what a joke.

the bonus was we played very well, and on another day would have won by 2 or 3.

Apart from theyre 2 shocking tackles, they played decent, best game to watch at goodison for a while, at least they tried to attack this time.

goes without saying VVD injury is massive. :-(
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #722: Oct 19, 2020 10:10:06 am
      Probably already been said, but what a fukin game, disaster with VVD, should have been a bloody red, mane goal, ffs. how can a mm of a shirt be offside, what a joke.

the bonus was we played very well, and on another day would have won by 2 or 3.

Apart from theyre 2 shocking tackles, they played decent, best game to watch at goodison for a while, at least they tried to attack this time.

goes without saying VVD injury is massive. :-(

Hate to say it but Calvert Lewin looks a proper number 9 - strong, confident, good finishing, always in the box
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 867 posts | 101 
      Reply #723: Oct 19, 2020 10:13:14 am
      I'm done with football for the season. I've given myself a couple of days, but the fury won't diminish. When the outcome can be so unjust, what's the point? When our most important player can be taken out for the season without punishment, what's the point? When Richarlison can attempt to take out our most gifted player and I cannot personally get to the f**ker, I cannot cope.

I'm on the point of murder and I'm not joking. This state of mind cannot be allowed to continue.

For me there will be no forums, no live games and no highlights. I won't even look at the table. I'll be back next season - hopefully we'll have the crowds back and the results will stablize, hopefully they will fix VAR so it's not watched over by jellyfish. For the sake of my mental health, I'm done with it.

I feel your pain
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,084 posts | 966 
      Reply #724: Oct 19, 2020 10:42:12 am
      I’ve just read that no further action will be taken against Pickford as the VAR ref did not deem it a Red card. If that is the case then VAR or the official who is operating it, are in breach of health and safety regulations. They have set an extremely dangerous precedent, they are simply not fit for purpose, either that, or they are corrupt!
      The football pitch is a footballers place of work, they have a right to be protected, as does every worker. Pickford didn’t slip, he went into Virgil like a lunatic, any other place of work, he’d be penalised!
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #725: Oct 19, 2020 11:11:31 am
      I’ve just read that no further action will be taken against Pickford as the VAR ref did not deem it a Red card. If that is the case then VAR or the official who is operating it, are in breach of health and safety regulations. They have set an extremely dangerous precedent, they are simply not fit for purpose, either that, or they are corrupt!
      The football pitch is a footballers place of work, they have a right to be protected, as does every worker. Pickford didn’t slip, he went into Virgil like a lunatic, any other place of work, he’d be penalised!
      If he doesn’t get punished or the idiots that were running the game/VAR don’t come out and say something soon, then like the poster a few posts up, I’m out.

I’m still fuming as if it happened 10 minutes ago and I can’t condone being part of a game that pays those idiots a wage.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #726: Oct 19, 2020 12:29:38 pm
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #727: Oct 19, 2020 12:34:54 pm
      No ban for Pickford by  the F.A.

Wtf is this sh*t?. :f_steam:
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #728: Oct 19, 2020 12:52:55 pm
      No ban for Pickford by  the F.A.

Wtf is this sh*t?. :f_steam:

They don't overrule VAR. David Coote who was on VAR duty made a mistake in not telling Oliver to go to the moniter and check the incident. Oliver was at fault for not giving it in the red card or even a yellow.

As somebody said Coote could detect Mane's arm hairs had fluttered into an offside position but he couldn't see a 14 stone goalkeeper come off his line and clatter into VVD with reckless intent.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #729: Oct 19, 2020 01:18:34 pm
      The FA wont lift a finger for us after last week
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #730: Oct 19, 2020 01:24:47 pm
      The FA wont lift a finger for us after last week

My thoughts exactly..
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #731: Oct 19, 2020 01:34:33 pm
      Now Matip has had a scan. No issue discovered, but he's obviously feeling something, and that's him just back after a layoff, and we are in the midst of 7 games in 21 days.

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #732: Oct 19, 2020 01:41:29 pm
      Now Matip has had a scan. No issue discovered, but he's obviously feeling something, and that's him just back after a layoff, and we are in the midst of 7 games in 21 days.

Hesca soft c**t. Hes probably sore/stiff after playing 90 minutes for the first time in months, christ almighty
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #733: Oct 19, 2020 01:57:32 pm
      Quote from FL Red
      Guess we will be shopping for a centerback in the January window.

Hopefully we can hold the defense together till then.

Fabinho is a ready made replacement, so while there will be some impact from the absence of VVD, it may not be the apocalypse predicted. But it would be better to be with him for the trip to City than without. Gomez and Matip are not pub standard centre backs either. Milner and Hendo can always drop back in an emergency. We are a team, not a bunch of individuals. A title challenge should not depend on the fitness of one player. Everyone talks about how good our team is. Well now is the time to show it.

During the Migs crisis, fans wanted us to sign Pickford to replace him. I wouldn't sign him now if he was on a free transfer, if we only had Kelleher and Jaros available. Aside from trying out his Jackie Chan techniques on VVD, he always has a howler in his locker too. Which he showed off in injury time.

Congratulations to Mo on reaching the 100 club. Not bad for someone dismissed as a washed up Chelsea reject, when he arrived. Injury time should have been longer to accommodate for the VAR decision and the red card/sub. But they're the third team we've ended their 100% record against this season, and while we're all bitterly disappointed with the result now, we have played 2 of our toughest away trips already and taken 4 points. This one could turn out to be a vital point in the long run.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #734: Oct 19, 2020 02:11:02 pm
      Roll on the Ajax thread
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #735: Oct 19, 2020 02:11:06 pm
      Fabinho is a ready made replacement, so while there will be some impact from the absence of VVD, it may not be the apocalypse predicted.
      A ready made replacement? You are joking I'm assuming. There isn't a VVD replacement on any team in the world right now. That's why this is such a big deal.

Gomez and Matip are not pub standard centre backs either.

No, when healthy and playing well they are certainly more than capable. How much money are you willing to wager on them both being healthy for the rest of the season?

Milner and Hendo can always drop back in an emergency.

Playing midfielders as center backs. That's a hell of a contingency plan when we could have at least replaced Lovren.

We are a team, not a bunch of individuals. A title challenge should not depend on the fitness of one player. Everyone talks about how good our team is. Well now is the time to show it.

Not really one player though is it? It's our keeper, our world class center back, it's our other two center backs that don't seem to fit for more than a month or so at a time. It's a combination of those things that could torpedo us. And we really could have addressed those items in the transfer window, but we decided not to and now it very well could bite us in the ass. I hope it doesn't, but don't think this won't give other teams that extra impetus to try and take us down now. The target on our back just got huge.

Quick Reply