Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Everton?

Adrián
      1 (1%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      1 (1%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      5 (5.2%)
       Fabinho
      2 (2.1%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      51 (53.1%)
      Jordan Henderson
      15 (15.6%)
      Sadio Mane
      17 (17.7%)
      Mohammed Salah
      4 (4.2%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Diogo Jota
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 93

Voting closed: Oct 21, 2020 02:27:55 pm

Everton 2-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 26385 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Re: Everton 2-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #736: Oct 19, 2020 02:12:10 pm
      The FA wont lift a finger for us after last week

You must be clairvoyant Bri....

paul joyce
      @_pauljoyce
      The FA say Jordan Pickford will face no retrospective action following the Everton FC v. Liverpool FC fixture on Saturday [17/10/20] as the incident was seen by the match officials at the time.
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 867 posts | 101 
      Reply #737: Oct 19, 2020 02:48:22 pm
      if the c**t gets away with this one he'll do a Schumacher on someone next time.
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,084 posts | 966 
      Reply #738: Oct 19, 2020 03:01:27 pm

After reading that, my thoughts go to Bill Shankly, who said, “Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass. It is terribly simple.“
      Him and Uncle Bob will be turning in their graves to see what football has become. They are destroying the game we love, surely we cannot let it happen! I am angrier now than I was on Saturday.
      « Last Edit: Oct 19, 2020 04:56:39 pm by Redangel »
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #739: Oct 19, 2020 04:39:07 pm
      Woke up and they are still a BUNCH OF cu*ts
      ruthcity

• 6,868 posts | 1465 
      Reply #740: Oct 19, 2020 04:40:04 pm
      If Everton was playing I'd draw my curtains. So much foresight from Shanks.
      ruthcity

• 6,868 posts | 1465 
      Reply #741: Oct 19, 2020 04:44:53 pm
      Just when you think that tw*t falleni is gone, they raised two more new ones.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #742: Oct 19, 2020 05:29:47 pm
      Seems to be inbred with these b***ard
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,454 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #743: Oct 19, 2020 05:34:37 pm
      Hate to say it but Calvert Lewin looks a proper number 9 - strong, confident, good finishing, always in the box

yea he looked good.
      Kopite78
      Reply #744: Oct 19, 2020 05:36:02 pm
      Woke up and they are still a BUNCH OF cu*ts

Mate, doesn't matter how long you are asleep, when you woke up they'd still be a bunch of cu*ts
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,454 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #745: Oct 19, 2020 05:36:06 pm
      The FA wont lift a finger for us after last week

sticking up for theyre wee england goalie are the FA, and they hate LFC. so no shock really. :-(
      Redangel

• 8,084 posts | 966 
      Reply #746: Oct 19, 2020 06:00:48 pm
      Keith Hackett ex referee and ex boss of referees, was incandescent over the fact that 6 officials missed the most blatant red card. He said Coote should not be officiating tonight and Liverpool should consult their lawyers because it could cost LFC big time, and it’s a total joke! Strange how everyone but the FA can see that the decision and their explanation for it, is a joke, but they can’t, and one has to ask why? Football is governed by donkeys, actual donkeys would do better!!
      « Last Edit: Oct 19, 2020 06:10:11 pm by Redangel »
      Harrisimo

• 7,970 posts | 1355 
      Reply #747: Oct 19, 2020 06:32:48 pm
      Keith Hackett ex referee and ex boss of referees, was incandescent over the fact that 6 officials missed the most blatant red card. He said Coote should not be officiating tonight and Liverpool should consult their lawyers because it could cost LFC big time, and it’s a total joke! Strange how everyone but the FA can see that the decision and their explanation for it, is a joke, but they can’t, and one has to ask why? Football is governed by donkeys, actual donkeys would do better!!

Consult m'learned friends..don't think so. They only take retrospective action if the ref couldn't see it. And now with VAR on the case it's very unlikely any incident would go unnoticed.

Oliver made a balls of it, both Ass.Refs were no help. But under the rules he could've consulted the 4th official.It would still be his call but he didn't call on the 4th official for an opinion. Coote the VAR man made an even bigger balls of it. He failed to see the challenge as a foul. He did NOTHING just gave VVD offside..and even that was debatable.

Not a fan of surrounding the ref with players waving imaginary cards about.Think I saw an Everton player doing it. But did Hendo ask the Ref to look at the replay on the moniter..
      Redangel

• 8,084 posts | 966 
      Reply #748: Oct 19, 2020 06:45:58 pm
      Consult m'learned friends..don't think so. They only take retrospective action if the ref couldn't see it. And now with VAR on the case it's very unlikely any incident would go unnoticed.

Oliver made a balls of it, both Ass.Refs were no help. But under the rules he could've consulted the 4th official.It would still be his call but he didn't call on the 4th official for an opinion. Coote the VAR man made an even bigger balls of it. He failed to see the challenge as a foul. He did NOTHING just gave VVD offside..and even that was debatable.

Hackett reckoned that sooner or later a club would take them to court for failing abysmally in their role!
      How can 6 officials fail and the FA say it’s human failure, that’s what he was calling out. There’s the referee, 2 linesmen, the 4th official, the VAR official and the assistant VAR official. So they are expecting us to believe that they all decided that it wasn’t a card offence, of any colour, but every ex pro, ex referee I’ve seen, have said a Red without doubt! There is something rotten at the core of English football, is it any wonder some owners want changes! As for Carra, gone down in my estimation big time!
      Harrisimo

• 7,970 posts | 1355 
      Reply #749: Oct 19, 2020 07:25:24 pm
      Hackett reckoned that sooner or later a club would take them to court for failing abysmally in their role!
      How can 6 officials fail and the FA say it’s human failure, that’s what he was calling out. There’s the referee, 2 linesmen, the 4th official, the VAR official and the assistant VAR official. So they are expecting us to believe that they all decided that it wasn’t a card offence, of any colour, but every ex pro, ex referee I’ve seen, have said a Red without doubt! There is something rotten at the core of English football, is it any wonder some owners want changes! As for Carra, gone down in my estimation big time!

Yes but how many levels can it be taken.VAR watching VAR. Football is tribal, everybody whether they are refs, admin or whatever have their petty prejudice. I think the City of Liverppol suffers more from petty minded prejudice than any other city in the country. And it follows through in sport, football more than any other.

It's not a major hurdle for us just annoying. Coote is the offender here. He's made a mess of a good few games.But we'll get no joy over it.

Lost 2 points..so it's 2-0 to VAR..lets see the score in 10 games later.
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,860 posts | 165 
      Reply #750: Oct 19, 2020 07:50:11 pm
      Now Matip has had a scan. No issue discovered, but he's obviously feeling something, and that's him just back after a layoff, and we are in the midst of 7 games in 21 days.

Others play whilst carrying knocks, time for Matip to step up, earn his wages.
      Redangel

• 8,084 posts | 966 
      Reply #751: Oct 19, 2020 08:15:23 pm
      Yes but how many levels can it be taken.VAR watching VAR. Football is tribal, everybody whether they are refs, admin or whatever have their petty prejudice. I think the City of Liverppol suffers more from petty minded prejudice than any other city in the country. And it follows through in sport, football more than any other.

It's not a major hurdle for us just annoying. Coote is the offender here. He's made a mess of a good few games.But we'll get no joy over it.

Lost 2 points..so it's 2-0 to VAR..lets see the score in 10 games later.

Until we stand up to it, it will continue. Football is obviously tribal, until we have administrators, and I include referees and VAR officials, who are truly Impartial and totally professional, we will have decisions such as this. They need to be held to account, they are paid much more than referees from years gone by, with that, comes responsibility! In my professional life, I was required to account for my decisions, why are referees so different.
      Until referees are required to account for their decisions, nothing will change, it’s a closed shop!
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #752: Oct 19, 2020 10:58:24 pm
      Quote from FL Red
      A ready made replacement? You are joking I'm assuming. There isn't a VVD replacement on any team in the world right now. That's why this is such a big deal.

Playing midfielders as center backs. That's a hell of a contingency plan when we could have at least replaced Lovren.

Not really one player though is it? It's our keeper, our world class center back, it's our other two center backs that don't seem to fit for more than a month or so at a time. It's a combination of those things that could torpedo us. And we really could have addressed those items in the transfer window, but we decided not to and now it very well could bite us in the ass.

The priority was to strengthen 3 positions. We did that. We let Lovren and Phillips go because we didn't foresee a centre back injury crisis. Fabinho has played there in place of VVD and other defenders before, and was well able for it. He's known as "Dyson" in the dressing room, after the vacuum cleaner. He's going to have to do a lot more of it in the coming months, but I believe he's up to it.

Alisson will be back after the international break, there's not too many league games to play before then. The City away trip is the only game where his replacement will be seriously tested.

Quote from Harrisimo

The linesman gave the offside, what the opponents of VAR want. Coote did see the serious foul play after it, but did nothing about it after he upheld the lino's decision.

You would expect Oliver to see the foul originally, he was looking at it when it happened. They're both equally at fault for the outcome of it all. As the incident was officially dealt with at the time, no retrospective action can be taken. Wouldn't be much benefit to us anyway. He'll be back in action long before VVD will.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #753: Oct 20, 2020 04:32:39 am
      Hang on, was it checked thoroughly though?

I may be going blind but I could've sworn that Calvert-Lewin's boot way up the line, played Virgil on side?

Cant really tell tho to be fair in this and this is what they looked at, I'm assuming!

Looks like the blue boot belongs to a white sock to me!!!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #754: Oct 20, 2020 05:58:40 am
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #755: Oct 20, 2020 07:18:21 am
      The priority was to strengthen 3 positions. We did that. We let Lovren and Phillips go because we didn't foresee a centre back injury crisis. Fabinho has played there in place of VVD and other defenders before, and was well able for it. He's known as "Dyson" in the dressing room, after the vacuum cleaner. He's going to have to do a lot more of it in the coming months, but I believe he's up to it.

Alisson will be back after the international break, there's not too many league games to play before then. The City away trip is the only game where his replacement will be seriously tested.

The linesman gave the offside, what the opponents of VAR want. Coote did see the serious foul play after it, but did nothing about it after he upheld the lino's decision.

You would expect Oliver to see the foul originally, he was looking at it when it happened. They're both equally at fault for the outcome of it all. As the incident was officially dealt with at the time, no retrospective action can be taken. Wouldn't be much benefit to us anyway. He'll be back in action long before VVD will.

Just to note that Nat Phillips is still with us
      Kopite78
      Reply #756: Oct 20, 2020 07:26:59 am
      The call for offsides is so minimal that I'm not convinced that they could say with any level of authority that they are capturing the line at the exact moment of the ball being released. Let alone the issue of the frames per second

Dont care what anyone says its ruining the game, it went off at mine when Hendo scored that winner and to have it taken away from us over something so minimal and inconclusive, with doubt over the actual technology and the morons using it

Bag of sh*te, bin it
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #757: Oct 20, 2020 08:58:07 am

Cant really tell tho to be fair in this and this is what they looked at, I'm assuming!

Looks like the blue boot belongs to a white sock to me!!!

At worst its level, same as before Hendo's goal, they have to change the offside law to give some leeway for the attacking team. They also need to introduce some accountability for Ref's otherwise you will get genuine corruption happening. For example you will have Atkinson or Coote overturn a perfectly good goal for a team they don't like and then afterwards just go oopsie with no punishment or explanation!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #758: Oct 20, 2020 09:01:27 am
      The call for offsides is so minimal that I'm not convinced that they could say with any level of authority that they are capturing the line at the exact moment of the ball being released. Let alone the issue of the frames per second

Dont care what anyone says its ruining the game, it went off at mine when Hendo scored that winner and to have it taken away from us over something so minimal and inconclusive, with doubt over the actual technology and the morons using it

Bag of sh*te, bin it

There was similar thing in our favour last season when Neto had a goal ruled offside just before half time in our game at Wolves. At the time I can remember thinking phew but then afterwards I realised that its bullshit. I still think the offside rule with VAR is bullshit, you cannot call someone offside on a few mm, there has to be some advantage for the attacking team and it has to be clear offside ie freeze frame and you have to clearly see an offside, none of these drawing lines from armpits crap.

Quick Reply