Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Everton?

Adrián
      1 (1%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      1 (1%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      5 (5.2%)
       Fabinho
      2 (2.1%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      51 (53.1%)
      Jordan Henderson
      15 (15.6%)
      Sadio Mane
      17 (17.7%)
      Mohammed Salah
      4 (4.2%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Diogo Jota
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 93

Voting closed: Oct 21, 2020 02:27:55 pm

Everton 2-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 26367 times
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Re: Everton 2-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #759: Oct 20, 2020 04:41:39 pm

Cant really tell tho to be fair in this and this is what they looked at, I'm assuming!

Looks like the blue boot belongs to a white sock to me!!!
      The blue boot belongs to Matip, look at the other one attached to the red sock just in front.

Interesting read posted in here earlier says that both of these would have been onside before the handball rule change of a few months back. As a player can now touch the ball with the upper arm, the line is drawn from the sleeve as opposed to the armpit.
      saille29
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,483 posts | 240 
      Reply #760: Oct 20, 2020 08:23:08 pm
      No shock that the PGMOL as defended their incompetent refs, poor just admit you make mistakes
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #761: Oct 20, 2020 08:35:36 pm

Cant really tell tho to be fair in this and this is what they looked at, I'm assuming!

If they really used that picture to validate the call?.....I mean Virgil looks like he has the legs of a middle schooler under the body of a giant. What the hell.
      Keny
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 179 posts | 26 
      Reply #762: Oct 20, 2020 10:21:59 pm

With the thickness of the dotted line, you can definitely see the VAR ref. is biased to make this offside.  I thought the advantage should be given to the offensive player, but no in this case, the ref. put the dotted line to the most forward position to make the offensive player offside.  I believe the same corrupted decision applied to Mane's offside too.  VAR is just another corruption tool.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #763: Oct 21, 2020 10:32:03 am
      Some ofvthe everton players sharing a laugh on instagram about richarlisons tackle on Thiago...Digne took red card out of tefs back pocket....that was missed as well. Didnt think a player coukd interfere with a ref like that?

Anyway roll on February at Anfield, cu*ts
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #764: Oct 21, 2020 12:03:58 pm
      Quote from Kopite78
      The call for offsides is so minimal that I'm not convinced that they could say with any level of authority that they are capturing the line at the exact moment of the ball being released. Let alone the issue of the frames per second

Dont care what anyone says its ruining the game, it went off at mine when Hendo scored that winner and to have it taken away from us over something so minimal and inconclusive, with doubt over the actual technology and the morons using it

bin it

You do realise that is impossible, don't you?

The linesman on the pitch had a guess and put his flag up for it. He didn't give the forward the "benefit of the doubt", he just put his flag up anyway, and the whistle was blown for it. So if it was binned, the decision would not change.

The frame tells us all that he got it right. Last year, it would be onside. This year, the top of the arm is a scoring part of the body, so the broken line is drawn there. Repeat for the Mane case.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #765: Oct 21, 2020 12:11:05 pm

The linesman on the pitch had a guess and put his flag up for it. He didn't give the forward the "benefit of the doubt", he just put his flag up anyway, and the whistle was blown for it. So if it was binned, the decision would not change.

The frame tells us all that he got it right. Last year, it would be onside. This year, the top of the arm is a scoring part of the body, so the broken line is drawn there. Repeat for the Mane case.

The fact that we had to have video to “prove him right” shows that he never should have called it.....think about it. If people had to draw lines and have stop motion video to make sure it was the “right” call then he had no business calling it offsides in the madness and fast pace of actual gameplay. There’s no way he could have called that with certainty.
      Kopite78
      Reply #766: Oct 21, 2020 12:27:52 pm

Well exactly

If its impossible then F**k or off because I dont believe for one second Mane was offside and that bollocks doesnt prove it either

It proves it to people like you who are happy to believe that they got the release point so F***ing precise that they can tell by a mm he was offside, however I dont believe they did get the release point down to the mm

I'd rather have the raw passion and explosion football can be rather than the sh*te like VAR produces

You can want it the robotic, bag of sh*te way, I'm not attempting to change your black and white view of the world, I prefer life to be full of colour and vibrant
      Mickred
      • Forum John Barnes

• 413 posts | 53 
      Reply #767: Oct 21, 2020 01:34:59 pm
      Souness got it spot on " it was not a tackle, it was an assault"

The fact that the FA have not punished prickford is no surprise as he is englands No.1. Richarlison was slightly less severe, but got sent off.  Go figure...

The more you seem the challenge the worse it gets, no one in their right mind could say it was acceptable!  If he had anything about him he would have issued an apology at the very least. Unless I missed that?
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #768: Oct 21, 2020 03:44:43 pm
      Souness got it spot on " it was not a tackle, it was an assault"

The fact that the FA have not punished prickford is no surprise as he is englands No.1. Richarlison was slightly less severe, but got sent off.  Go figure...

The more you seem the challenge the worse it gets, no one in their right mind could say it was acceptable!  If he had anything about him he would have issued an apology at the very least. Unless I missed that?
      Personally think the Richarlisson challenge was worse. Difference is that Thiago’s foot wasn’t as firmly planted as Virgil’s otherwise we’re looking at a broken leg.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #769: Oct 21, 2020 03:46:42 pm
      Here we are four days later and my blood is still bubbling away at 100 degree's..
      I don't think I'll ever get over this....
      My only beef with the whole thing is why, the day after Henderson lifted the Premier League Trophy we didn't go out and buy that animal Koulibaly to sit alongside Virgil.. We should've busted the bank to get him...70? 80m? more even? doesn't matter.. It would've sent a scary message across the world that no one is gonna take that trophy off us..
      My opinion of course..
       :kop5cf8koxp6:
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #770: Oct 21, 2020 05:04:49 pm
      Quote from FL Red
      The fact that we had to have video to “prove him right” shows that he never should have called it.....think about it. If people had to draw lines and have stop motion video to make sure it was the “right” call then he had no business calling it offsides in the madness and fast pace of actual gameplay. There’s no way he could have called that with certainty.

No he couldn't. But it shows me again why linesmen have imo always given the defender the benefit of any doubt over offside. Even now, if they have any doubt, the flag goes up at the end of the move for VAR to check it. The first call on Saturday looked offside to the naked eye, the second one couldn't see it with the naked eye at all. They took a chance both times and hoped they were right.

When they tried to apply the handball rule in the penalty box, there was outrage when the laws that everyone has signed up to, were applied as agreed. As a club, we agreed to the offside rule applied in the way it is with the FA. As fans, we agree to attend games with VAR in operation, and then we complain when it has to step in and do it's job. Maybe the frame isn't 100% precise, but it's a lot more accurate than human error.

Quick Reply