Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

VAR has to go

Read 46297 times
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Re: VAR has to go
      Reply #483: Apr 11, 2023 09:11:02 am
      We were all mediocre at some stage even you lot! You just got there before us but we caught up under the greatest manager who’s won more trophies than anyone else in the football league / Premier league. Shanks comes a close second though.

What antics left a sour taste?

Judging on recent form you’ve now become a mid table team.  ;D Sadly that won’t last though under Klopp. He will get you fcukers playing again providing those Yanks spend their bulging pockets.

Peace out. COYR.

What antics you say, kinell Keith have you got dementia, don’t you remember Fergies watch, surrounding the Ref, harassing the Ref prior to games, playing mind games using the media to make sure his point got heeded, all that diving esp cr7, Ferdinand failing to provide urine samples, Giggs pumping his bro’ missus, Rooney doing tours of old folks homes etc etc etc

Of course Mancs all squeaky clean like a preacher’s sheets, unlike Mary Brown’s when she had a visit from her favourite GP, the Doc , “Who’s up Mary Brown” 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

YNWA
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #484: Apr 11, 2023 10:14:50 am

What antics you say, kinell Keith have you got dementia, don’t you remember Fergies watch, surrounding the Ref, harassing the Ref prior to games, playing mind games using the media to make sure his point got heeded, all that diving esp cr7, Ferdinand failing to provide urine samples, Giggs pumping his  bro’ missus, Rooney doing tours of old folks homes etc etc etc

Of course Mancs all squeaky clean like a preacher’s sheets, unlike Mary Brown’s when she had a visit from her favourite GP, the Doc , “Who’s up Mary Brown” 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

YNWA

Well to be fair there was a few.  :lmao: You might forget some so better to ask than tell you them all.  ;D 
      Hang on a min!! What goes on off the pitch should have no relevance to what happens on it, those don’t count. Agreed re Fergie tactics on refs though  :lmao: It f***in worked din it  :lmao:

CR7 doesn’t really come into it as we had the success without him. His best years in Spain so desperate measures using that as part of your itinerary.

Since you mentioning things off the pitch let’s not forget how that teeth bashing snake fu**ed your club over when KK gave him his full support  ( with t shirts ) only to make him look like a kunt. That teeth basher  is up there with Cuntinho & Tevez.

Anyway I won’t stoop so low and will always respect what you lot did ON THE PITCH. 😉
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #485: Apr 13, 2023 10:53:22 pm
      Quote from Harrisimo
      Kane puts the boot in...twice..gets handed off by an Everton player...tiny contact...and Kane goes down like he's been koshed...pathetic by the England captain no less....what a cheat. Yes you can't push somebody in the face but to deliberately exaggerate it was a disgrace.

VAR never bothered to tell ref to red card Kane for deliberate feigning and exaggerating to get a fellow pro sent off.

Not a VAR issue. Feigning injuries while annoying, are also not a VAR issue.

Was it a violent conduct offence? Yes.
      Was red card administered on pitch. Yes.

Check Complete.

Quote from Longy-Shops
      I have said previously VAR is a good idea in principle, but like a lot of good ideas it breaks down in the real World. First, the technology isn't ( and probably never can be) accurate enough to be 100% reliable. The number of frames per second used in the cameras would have to be greater, and the cost's of doing that would be astronomical. Offside is a perfect example: A footballers foot is in contact with a ball for more than 1 frame, in super slo-motion (more frames) we can see the foot come into contact with the ball, over about 3/4 frames the ball will contract and distort whilst in contact with the foot...then in the next couple of frames the ball will be free of the foot and be in the air. So depending on A. How hard the ball is being kicked, and whether it was previously still, or moving (and if so what direction)...and B. How much air is in the ball, is it wet, or dry, or even the ambient temperature will all be factors in how many frames the ball was in contact with the foot....It'll be about 4 to 6 frames...or just under about a quarter of a second. Moving on to the player receiving the ball, was he behind, in line with, or in front of a defender when that ball left the passers foot? Only a camera perfectly parallel to the receiving player would be able to show this, and even then there would have to be much greater frame count to see (and not guess) the exact frame where the player is now clear of any defender. Just think how hard this is baring in mind the defender could be 10 metres away. Of course cameras are not ( and can't be) parallel to the action, no cameras could track the action that quickly, and so the camera view we get now is compromised by the laws of parallax. This is why some people in the crowd see him clearly in front of a defender, and others see him behind, it's all determined by where you are watching from. The coloured lines VAR uses now is a best guess at what a parallel camera might have seen. So trying to match up the exact frame a ball leaves a foot with the exact frame a player is forward of a defender isn't possible with today's technology, or even tomorrows technology, because it would cost too much to implement, and it would take too long to adjudicate ...oh and it doesn't exist.

So before anyone says what about the accuracy of the camera footage of 100 metre runners crossing the line, or bikes at the velodrome? ....Those cameras are A. moving at the approximate speed of the action, hence the background is blurry) and B. it's quite technical, if your that interested there's plenty of info online.
      Bottom line is the technology used for VAR isn't accurate enough

If you're found to be in an offside position, there's no hiding place anymore. While you argue about freeze frames, most offsides given now are for clear offsides that everyone can see. The Salah goal at City the other week probably would have been given offside against Jota in the first couple of seasons, nowadays they don't even draw the lines on screen.

We're not getting rid of this thing, so just accept it. Next year, there will be the AI available for offsides, and the refs themselves will be announcing their decisions in the stadium after looking at the monitor.

Quote from billythered
      Agree with most of that, however it’s been said a Million times already….there is nothing wrong with the system itself it’s the f***in morons who use it, the morons in question have never kicked a ball in anger so have no real understanding of the emotions involved, it’s a bit like playing FIFA, to them it’s a video game, their decisions are bewildering because like I said they do not understand, until the powers at be involve ex players, ex managers and a referee not under the influence of the PGMOL, we will never have parity,

It works perfectly well in other sports, so why has football in the UK got so many issues, can’t be the system can it, so only one place else to point the finger at ??

You can't have unqualified officials refereeing games. Can you imagine the allegations of bias levelled at ex players and managers, judging those decisions.

"He used to play for team A before. He's biased.
      He used to manage the rivals of team B before. He's biased.
      He wants revenge for a decision against the team he supports 5-10-20 years ago. He's biased.
      His family are season ticket holders/used to check the tickets/supply the hospitality at the ground he's at today. He's biased." :f_steam: :f_steam: :f_steam: :f_steam:

That's just 4 suggestions. So your idea will never work.

Quote from UncleBob
      I wonder what the procedure is when it’s the match official who elbows a player?

I’m not saying it’s a big thing but if a player did that to a referee he would be banned for months.

There isn't a procedure. It's also nothing to do with VAR, even though it's ultimately video evidence that will decide what the punishment is. I would expect a lifetime ban, if not given by the FA, then by FIFA. He's on the FIFA list.

Quote from Longy-Shops
      Either ALL claims for a penalty should be reviewed by VAR, or NONE should be reviewed by VAR.....otherwise the decision to review or not will always be controversial and lead to mistakes.
      If we accept that the Boss of the game is the ref, then the VAR officials are his underlings, and as such they have a natural fear to overrule him.
      They are not brave enough to make the call, in fear that they might get it wrong, especially if the ref has already called it. Leaving the decision whether to check an incident or not with the VAR operator will always be subject to bias (Probably subconsciously). This is why the so called big teams get favourable outcomes.

No they don't. All teams get their share of decisions for and against them, as we have. You don't review all claims for penalties, otherwise City games would last about 5 hours. Every incident is checked, then the VAR advises the ref to review an incident pitchside, when he thinks a clear and obvious error has been made on the pitch. The rest is up to the ref on the field.

Earlier you called VAR to be scrapped if it isn't 100% accurate. Putting on the LFC hat again, I can recall instantly of at least 6 points we've got this season, thanks in part to VAR decisions in our favour, including the last away game. It could make a massive difference at the end of the season. Ok there would have been a lengthy VAR check for offside on Nunez, if Konate had scored at the weekend, but with so much at stake, that's fair enough.

Quote from Keith Singleton
      Think there’s more complains about what you are than VAR.

Liverpool 7-0 mancs
      :lmao:
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2051 
      Reply #486: Apr 13, 2023 11:01:40 pm
      Not a VAR issue. Feigning injuries while annoying, are also not a VAR issue.

Was it a violent conduct offence? Yes.
      Was red card administered on pitch. Yes.

Check Complete.

If you're found to be in an offside position, there's no hiding place anymore. While you argue about freeze frames, most offsides given now are for clear offsides that everyone can see. The Salah goal at City the other week probably would have been given offside against Jota in the first couple of seasons, nowadays they don't even draw the lines on screen.

We're not getting rid of this thing, so just accept it. Next year, there will be the AI available for offsides, and the refs themselves will be announcing their decisions in the stadium after looking at the monitor.

You can't have unqualified officials refereeing games. Can you imagine the allegations of bias levelled at ex players and managers, judging those decisions.

"He used to play for team A before. He's biased.
      He used to manage the rivals of team B before. He's biased.
      He wants revenge for a decision against the team he supports 5-10-20 years ago. He's biased.
      His family are season ticket holders/used to check the tickets/supply the hospitality at the ground he's at today. He's biased." :f_steam: :f_steam: :f_steam: :f_steam:

That's just 4 suggestions. So your idea will never work.

There isn't a procedure. It's also nothing to do with VAR, even though it's ultimately video evidence that will decide what the punishment is. I would expect a lifetime ban, if not given by the FA, then by FIFA. He's on the FIFA list.

No they don't. All teams get their share of decisions for and against them, as we have. You don't review all claims for penalties, otherwise City games would last about 5 hours. Every incident is checked, then the VAR advises the ref to review an incident pitchside, when he thinks a clear and obvious error has been made on the pitch. The rest is up to the ref on the field.

Earlier you called VAR to be scrapped if it isn't 100% accurate. Putting on the LFC hat again, I can recall instantly of at least 6 points we've got this season, thanks in part to VAR decisions in our favour, including the last away game. It could make a massive difference at the end of the season. Ok there would have been a lengthy VAR check for offside on Nunez, if Konate had scored at the weekend, but with so much at stake, that's fair enough.

Liverpool 7-0 mancs

6 very extensive posts submitted in just 9 minutes.

Your Microsoft Word drafts have been getting a good runout this week I can tell.

Rock n-f***in' roll!!!

:action-smiley-035:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #487: Apr 14, 2023 09:22:15 am
      6 very extensive posts submitted in just 9 minutes.

Your Microsoft Word drafts have been getting a good runout this week I can tell.

Rock n-f***in' roll!!!

:action-smiley-035:

I don’t even think he’s a fan mate. He’s the type of low life that pretends to be and no doubt does it on other football forums, I’ve seen the same sh*te off him on Redcafe. They come on go for 5 mins, make a dozen post then fooks off again to do the rounds on other sites.   :lmao: A genuine Liverpool fan wouldn’t do what he does but we know that anyway. 😉

Hasn’t a clue of how it works in Liverpool. “ Hell “I know more about the Liverpool way than this pr!ck. 😂 
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #488: Apr 14, 2023 07:31:12 pm
      What you think and what you know about me are two different things. All you know is what I tell you, which is none of the above spam. While you're spouting more lies here than a Russian politician round the clock, as an official LFC member I'm now looking for tickets for the next home game atm. May not get one, but at least I'm giving it a go, which is a lot more than what you're doing.

But I will tell you something else that you should know. I've never posted on that pile of wasteland you call a forum, and I haven't seen it in many years, so stop blatantly lieing to your self declared "mates" about stuff you know nothing about. But on the plus side, at least you've given me another excuse to write out the forum sig that has been created especially for you. Unlike the spam above, the below statement is fact.

Liverpool 7-0 mancs

Now, back to handling the latest VAR whinge....
      « Last Edit: Apr 14, 2023 11:32:02 pm by lfc across the water »
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #489: Apr 14, 2023 08:07:24 pm
      What you think and what you know about me are two different things. All you know is what I tell you, which is none of the above spam. While you're spouting more lies here than a Russian politician round the clock, as an official LFC member I'm now looking for tickets for the next home game atm. May not get one, but at least I'm giving it a go, which is a lot more than what you're doing.

But I will tell you something else that you should know. I've never posted on that disgusting pile of wasteland you call a forum, and I haven't seen it in many years, so stop blatantly lieing to your self declared "mates" about stuff you know nothing about. But on the plus side, at least you've given me another excuse to write out the forum sig that has been created especially for you. Unlike the spam above, the below statement is fact.

Liverpool 7-0 mancs

Now, back to handling the latest VAR whinge....

We are all friends here.
      Did you know, our anthem, ynwa actually has a dark side.

“When you walk through the storm hold your head up high” is actually from the old Nordic battlefield when the Viking’s would raise the decapitated heads of their victims high above their own heads. It was a celebratory tradition.
      The “golden sky” is clearly Valhalla.

The vikings even named the city Liuerpul. Basically meaning “Muddy Waters”.
      The local areas of Toxteth and Croxteth were named by the vikings.

West Derby was one of the larger settlements meanings “wild deer park” and the dna can still be found in most scousers today.

75% of everything above is true. The rest is educated guesswork.

Why am I bringing this up in a VAR thread? Because in Norse mythology the Goddess of Oaths, the Truth Seeker of men is called….. Var.

Gnite.

tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #490: Apr 16, 2023 04:53:29 pm
      Another 2 examples of hand ball today, and two different decisions, penalty given against West Ham and Maguire handles against Forrest and no penalty absolute SHAMBLES AGAIN
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #491: May 19, 2023 03:18:15 pm
      Just have a look at this, and enjoy.
      Can you imagine what VAR would make of this? I'm fairly sure the ref just let those tackles ride and let play carry on.

https://twitter.com/Davolaar/status/1659527428773953537?t=s8Zft9Wub6G7P_3jPqtFUg&s=19
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #492: May 25, 2023 02:55:44 pm

What antics you say, kinell Keith have you got dementia, don’t you remember Fergies watch, surrounding the Ref, harassing the Ref prior to games, playing mind games using the media to make sure his point got heeded, all that diving esp cr7, Ferdinand failing to provide urine samples, Giggs pumping his bro’ missus, Rooney doing tours of old folks homes etc etc etc

YNWA

Dont forget oh that was a Scholes tackle....

Quick Reply