Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

VAR has to go

Read 46323 times
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Re: VAR has to go
      Reply #92: Nov 17, 2020 02:21:56 pm
      I see David coote is back on var for the leicester game ... despite how many times he has screwed us over. And the ref is from Manchester as well. With all our other problems Sunday will be really tough.
      ToshackKeeganOneNil
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 100 
      Reply #93: Nov 17, 2020 07:34:36 pm
      I see David coote is back on var for the leicester game ... despite how many times he has screwed us over. And the ref is from Manchester as well. With all our other problems Sunday will be really tough.

Honestly you couldn't make it up with these idiots.
      Davbro
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 98 posts | 22 
      Reply #94: Nov 18, 2020 12:21:48 am
      You would think the FA would have more sense than to allow Coote to make the calls again only one month after the farcical show he gave at Everton.  Just throw the kitchen sink at us too while your at it ffs  :mad: :mad: :mad:
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #95: Nov 18, 2020 10:56:51 am
      Need better VAR refs and the actual refs need to use the screens more.

Oh and as gomez says, watch some things at full speed, no way that was a penalty the other week.
      ToshackKeeganOneNil
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 100 
      Reply #96: Nov 18, 2020 06:07:37 pm
      You would think the FA would have more sense than to allow Coote to make the calls again only one month after the farcical show he gave at Everton.  Just throw the kitchen sink at us too while your at it ffs  :mad: :mad: :mad:

According to the Echo he's been taken off VAR duties for our game on Sunday.
      Davbro
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 98 posts | 22 
      Reply #97: Nov 18, 2020 06:09:03 pm

At last some common sense.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #98: Nov 18, 2020 07:21:07 pm

Wonder why they would do that....
      saille29
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,483 posts | 240 
      Reply #99: Nov 18, 2020 08:20:03 pm

Probably to cover their arse when it goes tits up again and the meltdown is slightly deflected by the fact coote ain't the culprit, ironically it's probably cos coote is a human & may try to rectify it himself !
      I may be overthinking it
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #100: Nov 19, 2020 12:49:48 am

Yeah, replaced by Andre Marriner. That other tw*t.

Aside from that, what happened in that other game that we played at 7.15 pm on a Sunday night?

Oh
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #101: Nov 19, 2020 06:33:50 pm
      Andre Mariner has predicted Vardy will score both his penalties awarded by var 😬
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #102: Nov 19, 2020 06:37:43 pm

Because he can’t get any body guards, Pickford has hired them all 😊
      ToshackKeeganOneNil
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 100 
      Reply #103: Nov 19, 2020 08:11:20 pm

To give another muppet the chance to shaft the champions?  :confused-smiley-013:
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #104: Nov 22, 2020 06:19:22 am
      Ok I can see why that Coote c**t made Bruno take the penalty again, as the keeper was well over the line but on the retake, the keeper did the same thing. Why isn't that one retaken as well?
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #105: Nov 22, 2020 06:19:48 am
      open32
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #106: Nov 22, 2020 09:33:04 pm
      Totally, I'm a football fan most of all, I support Liverpool and grew up next to the Molineaux and love to watch Wolves,  regardless of bias and who you support yet another weekend of football ruined. Aston Villa denied by VAR and WBA too ...both decisions ridiculous and ever pundit from Gary Linekar to Rio Ferdinand agrees. VAR is ruining the game. I would ask supporters not to go back to the stadiums until this farce is resolved. The FA want our money, ...well F*** them,....why pay money to see your team win...only to then lose because of VAR and insane decions. PLEASE!!!! The only way to stop this charade is to speak with money. Don't go to marches, bombard the FA with emails. Don't renew your season ticket. When stadiums remain empty when fans are allowed back...maybe then the FA will listen.... Players are getting injured due to overwork and putting their health at risk by playing...they and we deserve more than this!!!!!
      Kopite78
      Reply #107: Nov 28, 2020 02:24:23 pm
      That's me, I'm done with this game

VAR has ruined it for me

Done with it
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #108: Nov 28, 2020 02:26:56 pm
      That's me, I'm done with this game

VAR has ruined it for me

Done with it

Yup it's completely ruined the game for me.

I don't know if it's a combination of VAR and Covid or what it is but I'm just not enjoying sitting watching a game anywhere near as much as I used to.
      Kopite78
      Reply #109: Nov 28, 2020 02:28:36 pm
      Yup it's completely ruined the game for me.

I don't know if it's a combination of VAR and Covid or what it is but I'm just not enjoying sitting watching a game anywhere near as much as I used to.

Honestly that's me done, final straw

I'm 42 now and that's it for me

VAR has ruined the game
      No F***ing way thats a penalty

Sound, F**k you VAR, I'm out
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #110: Nov 28, 2020 02:37:37 pm
      Decided to watch the game today, haven't bothered with a lot of the recent ones as the cocktail of VAR and no supporters doesn't really appeal to me. Gutted I did. Not to sound like I'm throwing my toys out of the pram because of the result but this sh*te is absolutely ruining the game at this level.

There really needs to be some sort of unified motion tabled by supporters unions / groups across the league to get rid of it, because it's sucking the F***ing life out of the game.

Next weekend's football is sorted anyway - going to watch City of Liverpool FC play Dunston. First live match since March. £8 in and no VAR. That'll do me

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #111: Nov 28, 2020 02:40:00 pm
      Someone message me when VAR fucks off, will come back and start watching again!
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #112: Nov 28, 2020 02:54:19 pm

This week we mourned the loss of arguably the greatest footballer of all time, Diego Maradona. A genius who obviously had his flaws too. But who gives a f**k

Football is the biggest and best sport in the world because of it's instant ecstasy and along with that, inevitable minor flaws. It's now been stolen by nerds measuring toenails with f**king protractor sets. Might as well f**k the humans off completely and just have robots playing, because I cant celebrate goals scored by "humans" anymore in case I'll have to spend 5 minutes waiting to see if their human error caused their human toenail to be a fraction of a millimetre further than the human next to him

Absolute joke
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #113: Nov 28, 2020 02:56:49 pm

Message me when that happens. I'm joining you. It's ruining the game in general, not just decisions against us. I've never disliked the game this much in me lifetime. I'm sick to the core.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #114: Nov 28, 2020 06:47:27 pm
      If could see that they were doing something about it, could at least feel that we don't have to put up with it much longer.
      But nothing is being done, nothing is changing, bad decisions just keep being made, and fans, not just ours, have to just F***ing take it up the jacksie.
      F***ing joke.

Quick Reply