Trending Topics

Next match: Leipzig v LFC [Champions League] Wed 10th Mar @ 8:00 pm
      Puskas Stadium, Budapest, Hungary

Today is the 8th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W10 D4 L9

VAR has to go

Read 12034 times
      Davbro
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 71 posts | 11 
      Re: VAR has to go
      Reply #100: Nov 18, 2020 06:09:03 pm
      According to the Echo he's been taken off VAR duties for our game on Sunday.

At last some common sense.
      tezmac
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,001 posts | 374 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #101: Nov 18, 2020 07:21:07 pm

Wonder why they would do that....
      saille29
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,432 posts | 127 
      Reply #102: Nov 18, 2020 08:20:03 pm

Probably to cover their arse when it goes tits up again and the meltdown is slightly deflected by the fact coote ain't the culprit, ironically it's probably cos coote is a human & may try to rectify it himself !
      I may be overthinking it
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,123 posts | 3929 
      • @MrPrice1979
      Reply #103: Nov 19, 2020 12:49:48 am

Yeah, replaced by Andre Marriner. That other tw*t.

Aside from that, what happened in that other game that we played at 7.15 pm on a Sunday night?

Oh
      GERNS

• 9,081 posts | 809 
      Reply #104: Nov 19, 2020 06:33:50 pm
      Andre Mariner has predicted Vardy will score both his penalties awarded by var 😬
      GERNS

• 9,081 posts | 809 
      Reply #105: Nov 19, 2020 06:37:43 pm

Because he can’t get any body guards, Pickford has hired them all 😊
      ToshackKeeganOneNil
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 92 posts | 13 
      Reply #106: Nov 19, 2020 08:11:20 pm

To give another muppet the chance to shaft the champions?  :confused-smiley-013:
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,541 posts | 4602 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #107: Nov 22, 2020 06:19:22 am
      Ok I can see why that Coote c**t made Bruno take the penalty again, as the keeper was well over the line but on the retake, the keeper did the same thing. Why isn't that one retaken as well?
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,541 posts | 4602 
      Reply #108: Nov 22, 2020 06:19:48 am
      open32
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #109: Nov 22, 2020 09:33:04 pm
      Totally, I'm a football fan most of all, I support Liverpool and grew up next to the Molineaux and love to watch Wolves,  regardless of bias and who you support yet another weekend of football ruined. Aston Villa denied by VAR and WBA too ...both decisions ridiculous and ever pundit from Gary Linekar to Rio Ferdinand agrees. VAR is ruining the game. I would ask supporters not to go back to the stadiums until this farce is resolved. The FA want our money, ...well F*** them,....why pay money to see your team win...only to then lose because of VAR and insane decions. PLEASE!!!! The only way to stop this charade is to speak with money. Don't go to marches, bombard the FA with emails. Don't renew your season ticket. When stadiums remain empty when fans are allowed back...maybe then the FA will listen.... Players are getting injured due to overwork and putting their health at risk by playing...they and we deserve more than this!!!!!
      Kopite78
      Reply #110: Nov 28, 2020 02:24:23 pm
      That's me, I'm done with this game

VAR has ruined it for me

Done with it
      higgy_sham
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,801 posts | 574 
      Reply #111: Nov 28, 2020 02:26:56 pm

VAR has ruined it for me

Done with it

Yup it's completely ruined the game for me.

I don't know if it's a combination of VAR and Covid or what it is but I'm just not enjoying sitting watching a game anywhere near as much as I used to.
      Kopite78
      Reply #112: Nov 28, 2020 02:28:36 pm
      Yup it's completely ruined the game for me.

I don't know if it's a combination of VAR and Covid or what it is but I'm just not enjoying sitting watching a game anywhere near as much as I used to.

Honestly that's me done, final straw

I'm 42 now and that's it for me

VAR has ruined the game
      No f**king way thats a penalty

Sound, f**k you VAR, I'm out
      TameImpala
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,865 posts | 962 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #113: Nov 28, 2020 02:37:37 pm
      Decided to watch the game today, haven't bothered with a lot of the recent ones as the cocktail of VAR and no supporters doesn't really appeal to me. Gutted I did. Not to sound like I'm throwing my toys out of the pram because of the result but this sh*te is absolutely ruining the game at this level.

There really needs to be some sort of unified motion tabled by supporters unions / groups across the league to get rid of it, because it's sucking the f**king life out of the game.

Next weekend's football is sorted anyway - going to watch City of Liverpool FC play Dunston. First live match since March. £8 in and no VAR. That'll do me

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,541 posts | 4602 
      Reply #114: Nov 28, 2020 02:40:00 pm
      Someone message me when VAR fucks off, will come back and start watching again!
      TameImpala
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,865 posts | 962 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #115: Nov 28, 2020 02:54:19 pm

This week we mourned the loss of arguably the greatest footballer of all time, Diego Maradona. A genius who obviously had his flaws too. But who gives a f**k

Football is the biggest and best sport in the world because of it's instant ecstasy and along with that, inevitable minor flaws. It's now been stolen by nerds measuring toenails with f**king protractor sets. Might as well f**k the humans off completely and just have robots playing, because I cant celebrate goals scored by "humans" anymore in case I'll have to spend 5 minutes waiting to see if their human error caused their human toenail to be a fraction of a millimetre further than the human next to him

Absolute joke
      ruthcity

• 5,065 posts | 870 
      Reply #116: Nov 28, 2020 02:56:49 pm

Message me when that happens. I'm joining you. It's ruining the game in general, not just decisions against us. I've never disliked the game this much in me lifetime. I'm sick to the core.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 6,990 posts | 1027 
      • YNWA
      Reply #117: Nov 28, 2020 06:47:27 pm
      If could see that they were doing something about it, could at least feel that we don't have to put up with it much longer.
      But nothing is being done, nothing is changing, bad decisions just keep being made, and fans, not just ours, have to just f**king take it up the jacksie.
      F***ing joke.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,333 posts | 1780 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #118: Nov 28, 2020 06:50:31 pm
      I said in the match thread Im donne with it, I see others feel the exact  same. Sad that weve been brought to this
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,946 posts | 1839 
      Reply #119: Nov 28, 2020 06:59:14 pm

VAR has ruined it for me

Done with it

See you tomorrow 🤣
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,946 posts | 1839 
      Reply #120: Nov 28, 2020 07:15:35 pm

Honestly I would f**k it off myself but got a lot of time for this current set of players and manager. Think we are in for a lot of pain and frustration this season (compared to last) but I am very interested to see what we are made of.

Not so much on results but on performances becUse honestly the season is going to sh*t
      but if we stick together and improve next season as a result.

Can only make us stronger in the long run, but yeah I used to love watching the footie no matter who was on, but the whole thing is a sad farce now and  the circus that surrounds it only makes it shi**er still.

All in all the product is sanatised sh*te. Has been for a few years now but the not celebrating goals has become common now and takes away the thrill of it all.
      « Last Edit: Nov 28, 2020 07:20:41 pm by fields of anny rd »
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,117 posts | 623 
      Reply #121: Nov 28, 2020 07:35:34 pm
      Quote from Kopite78
      Honestly that's me done, final straw

I'm 42 now and that's it for me

VAR has ruined the game
      No f**king way thats a penalty

Sound, f**k you VAR, I'm out

Honestly, if our player is fouled in an identical situation, are you going to argue "no it's not a penalty"? When Fernandinho saved the ball against Chelsea last summer, did you say "it's not a handball" or did you say, "that decision by the ref is a disgrace, I want to win the league tonight"?

2,000 fans want to be at next week's game. VAR in place, isn't going to stop them.

Quote from AussieRed

You won't need an alarm clock so.

Unfortunately, Robbo makes contact with the forward in the box. If you know the laws, you know what that means. Having seen the evidence, it's pretty clear what the decision should be, and I can't complain about it.

I always said I would accept a decision against me if it is correct. All the decisions were correct by the law. That's what VAR is for. It's not going anywhere. We all tuned in knowing that VAR is in use, and we all decided to watch it. So you will need your alarm clock, and all the "I'm done with the game" group will be back with us for the next game.
      UncleBob
      • Forum Ian St John

• 438 posts | 78 
      Reply #122: Nov 28, 2020 08:03:57 pm
      I’m not done with the game as such. But i genuinely do not have the same interest anymore.
      The emotion is not there.
      Now it could be that I have a young family and my priorities are else where. It could be that covid has distracted me somewhat. It could be that winning number 19 was a shackle finally broken.
      Or it could be that VAR has taken away the human touch. It’s becoming a non contact sport.
      There’s very little common sense. Almost as if the VAR and referees are actually cyborgs like The Terminator. You can’t reason with them etc...

Maybe I’ll change my stance when atmospheres come back to stadiums. Maybe I won’t.

But football ain’t what it used to be. Even if you forget the obscene money being thrown around. It’s just different. Not being able to celebrate a goal in fear of it being ruled out because of a boot lace is just another nail.

ed603em
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 533 posts | 73 
      Reply #123: Nov 28, 2020 10:02:11 pm
      All the decisions were correct by the law. That's what VAR is for. 

VAR is there to eradicate clear and obvious errors by officials. What's interesting is that this issue is only an issue in this country ... in Spain, France, Germany, Italy etc VAR is being used and there is nowhere near the levels of controversy that we have here in England. It's not VAR that is the issue, it's the eejits sitting at the controls.

You are right that the decisions were correct by the law but in real time noone saw a penalty - noone from Brighton asked for a penalty. It was only because someone faceless moron who has no understanding of the game looked at it. Peter Walton on BT said that it wasn't a clear and obvious error and for that reason they should not have gotten involved.

I get where you're coming from and you're right but TV technology is really not the problem. The problem is the current crop of match officials have zero accountability and zero transparency. In rugby you can hear their communications, you know the process they go through to get to a decision ... in football it's all shrouded in secrecy and you end up with the situation we had earlier this season after the derby at Goodison where noone knew why VAR had not awarded a penalty, and why they had not done something about Pickford's tackle.

All the problems we currently have are preventable. Using TV and video technology is definitely workable in this sport but it requires a huge culture change in the current group of match officials first.
      ToshackKeeganOneNil
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 92 posts | 13 
      Reply #124: Nov 28, 2020 10:10:02 pm
      VAR is there to eradicate clear and obvious errors by officials. What's interesting is that this issue is only an issue in this country ... in Spain, France, Germany, Italy etc VAR is being used and there is nowhere near the levels of controversy that we have here in England. It's not VAR that is the issue, it's the eejits sitting at the controls.

You are right that the decisions were correct by the law but in real time noone saw a penalty - noone from Brighton asked for a penalty. It was only because someone faceless moron who has no understanding of the game looked at it. Peter Walton on BT said that it wasn't a clear and obvious error and for that reason they should not have gotten involved.

I get where you're coming from and you're right but TV technology is really not the problem. The problem is the current crop of match officials have zero accountability and zero transparency. In rugby you can hear their communications, you know the process they go through to get to a decision ... in football it's all shrouded in secrecy and you end up with the situation we had earlier this season after the derby at Goodison where noone knew why VAR had not awarded a penalty, and why they had not done something about Pickford's tackle.

All the problems we currently have are preventable. Using TV and video technology is definitely workable in this sport but it requires a huge culture change in the current group of match officials first.

Excellent post and I'd give you a heart thingy if I knew how to.  :D

Quick Reply