Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

VAR has to go

Read 46286 times
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Re: VAR has to go
      Reply #207: Feb 03, 2021 07:36:35 pm
      Blatant pen for City and VAR not even checked it mind boggling
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #208: Feb 03, 2021 10:24:33 pm
      Var has to go so do these biased Ref cu*ts weho all seem to have an agenda against us this Season!

Touch any c**t from any team, they fall down like a bag of sh*t and get a free kick.

We get raped, manhandled, shirts pulled, tripped up and F***ing nothing!!!!

It's a F***ing agenda against us!
      saille29
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,483 posts | 240 
      Reply #209: Feb 03, 2021 10:28:54 pm
      Var has to go so do these biased Ref cu*ts weho all seem to have an agenda against us this Season!

Touch any c**t from any team, they fall down like a bag of sh*t and get a free kick.

We get raped, manhandled, shirts pulled, tripped up and f**king nothing!!!!

It's a f**king agenda against us!

I'm fully with you on this, it seems only the most blatant fouls are given for us
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #210: Feb 03, 2021 11:17:49 pm
      I'm fully with you on this, it seems only the most blatant fouls are given for us

Even that I'd dispute mate. These cu*ts are trying to F**k us at every chance!
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #211: Feb 05, 2021 01:56:54 pm
      Quote from ORCHARD RED
      FFS! Get rid of this VAR nonsense.

The decision on the pitch was offside. The VAR upheld it. So getting rid of it would have made no difference in this case.

Quote from rossyred
      Blatant pen for City and VAR not even checked it mind boggling

You want City to score more goals? Thankfully their record from penalties is poor.

Quote from saille29

He's lost it. He once demanded fans protest and boycott games until something was done about it. 10 weeks later, VAR is still here and doing what has to be done. Everyone thinks there is an agenda against their club. The reality is there is no agenda against us. Once we score a goal that complies with the lotg, as most are, there is nothing to worry about. If it doesn't, then it doesn't count. It's been like that since Day 1.

Fouls are usually subjective. What is a fair challenge to one person is a clear foul to another. The penalty conceded at Brighton being one such example. Since the trip to Denmark, we have had no incidents with VAR in most of our games. Indeed, it has been a relatively quiet time with it across the league in general, with even a couple of weeks of no VAR decisions made at all.
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #212: Feb 05, 2021 02:08:50 pm
      The decision on the pitch was offside. The VAR upheld it. So getting rid of it would have made no difference in this case.

You want City to score more goals? Thankfully their record from penalties is poor.

He's lost it. He once demanded fans protest and boycott games until something was done about it. 10 weeks later, VAR is still here and doing what has to be done. Everyone thinks there is an agenda against their club. The reality is there is no agenda against us. Once we score a goal that complies with the lotg, as most are, there is nothing to worry about. If it doesn't, then it doesn't count. It's been like that since Day 1.

Fouls are usually subjective. What is a fair challenge to one person is a clear foul to another. The penalty conceded at Brighton being one such example. Since the trip to Denmark, we have had no incidents with VAR in most of our games. Indeed, it has been a relatively quiet time with it across the league in general, with even a couple of weeks of no VAR decisions made at all.

What the farook has me wanting City to score more goals got to do with this thread and the fact that VAR has not worked and missed a blatant penalty ?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #213: Feb 06, 2021 12:51:35 pm

Give it up lad, you're gradually becoming an army of one in support of VAR. The idea is a good one but being applied by the most jobsworth shithouses known to man - English football referees!

It's not perfect, in fact it's actually causing more problems in the game.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #214: Feb 06, 2021 01:00:49 pm
      Indeed, it has been a relatively quiet time with it across the league in general, with even a couple of weeks of no VAR decisions made at all.

Yeah it was only last weekend that Southampton were robbed against Villa with two shocking decisions against them for fucks sake!

Oh and then Martial diving all over the place in midweek!

Your obsession with it is weird, just like your anti-Rafa agenda. The vast majority of people that were for VAR can realise the implementation of it has been nothing short of shambolic but for some reason you just blindly continue to support it. Can only assume it's because you're on a wind-up or completely clueless about football.
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #215: Feb 06, 2021 07:24:03 pm
      Lee Mason and Mike Dean very dangerous duo
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #216: Feb 06, 2021 07:39:15 pm

Shower of clints

Never a red and F***ing disgraceful how both have operated their roles to come to that conclusion
      saille29
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,483 posts | 240 
      Reply #217: Feb 06, 2021 08:03:11 pm
      Shower of clints

Never a red and f**king disgraceful how both have operated their roles to come to that conclusion

Wow! Amazing decision, I'm sure my jaw dropped wide open proper cartoon like
      I've said it many times so I'll say it again, put the 2 of them in front of the cameras at the end of the game & mike them up, would love to hear the conversation between the 2 bellends
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #218: Feb 06, 2021 08:26:37 pm
      Shower of clints

Never a red and f**king disgraceful how both have operated their roles to come to that conclusion

Its Mason really as it should never have got to Dean even though he should be able to ,clearly see what every one can see
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #219: Feb 06, 2021 08:51:11 pm
      Shower of clints

How do we have refs that are so poor, watch at normal speed shocking just shocking and he will now miss three games pair of cu*ts and they do it all the time
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #220: Feb 06, 2021 08:52:18 pm
      I've said it many times so I'll say it again, put the 2 of them in front of the cameras at the end of the game & mike them up, would love to hear the conversation between the 2 bellends

They have tried them ideas way back in the 90s. Just like footballers and managers they found a way to answer the questions without actually answering and it was dropped as a waste of time.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #221: Feb 06, 2021 11:03:05 pm
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #222: Feb 06, 2021 11:10:29 pm
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #223: Feb 06, 2021 11:22:53 pm

Wouldn't say dangerous but both are completely inept and shouldn't be anywhere near a football pitch,ruining the game we all love,don't blame them it's the PGMOL who appoint them and they don't seem to hold them to account for all their errors/f**k ups.Just seen we have Michael Oliver as ref against City,the last game he reffed us was the derby when VVD got injured,on the plus side we have never lost a home EPL game with him in charge(20 matches).
      « Last Edit: Feb 06, 2021 11:32:02 pm by weareliverpool »
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #224: Feb 06, 2021 11:39:21 pm
      Wouldn't say dangerous but both are completely inept and shouldn't be anywhere near a football pitch,ruining the game we all love,don't blame them it's the PGMOL who appoint them and they don't seem to hold them to account for all their errors/f**k ups.Just seen we have Michael Oliver as ref against City,the last game he reffed us was the derby when VVD got injured,on the plus side we have never lost a home EPL game with him in charge(20 matches).

So we could win, but have another two players victims of gbh and out for the rest of the season.
      That’s reassuring, but a valuable 3 points all the same 😬
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #225: Feb 07, 2021 08:00:29 am
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #226: Feb 07, 2021 09:36:06 am

Yep, VAR is VAR, just like the offside rule... unless you're M.City, and the FA are in volved.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #227: Feb 07, 2021 10:46:14 am
      Think that Soucek decision must be a new all time low for VAR and refereeing in this country.

The fact two referees saw that decision so many times and thought it was a red card is absolutely ridiculous.
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #228: Feb 07, 2021 02:55:21 pm
      So we could win, but have another two players victims of gbh and out for the rest of the season.
      That’s reassuring, but a valuable 3 points all the same 😬

He may give us a few decisions after the mess he made of the Derby.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #229: Feb 07, 2021 08:58:38 pm
      Quote from chats
      Yeah it was only last weekend that Southampton were robbed against Villa with two shocking decisions against them for fucks sake!

Oh and then Martial diving all over the place in midweek!

Your obsession with it is weird, just like your anti-Rafa agenda. The vast majority of people that were for VAR can realise the implementation of it has been nothing short of shambolic but for some reason you just blindly continue to support it. Can only assume it's because you're on a wind-up or completely clueless about football.

VAR didn't make shocking decisions last weekend. Two decisions were made on the pitch, which after being checked, were then allowed to stand. The first one is not a clear and obvious error since the handball rules were relaxed. With the second one, offside is offside, there's been offside laws in the sport since it started. It's not shocking anymore.

I take it the "Martial diving" refers to the penalty he got. I hate them getting penalties, but technically it was not a dive as there was clear contact by the defender, and we've seen plenty of similiar penalties given this season. As he was the last man making no attempt to play the ball, he was very fortunate to get his red card overturned imo. The only crumb from that game was when VAR overturned an earlier penalty given to the mancs, when a foul was shown to be outside the area.

This is a subject that interests me more than others, so I'm going to have more to say about it than others. Other posters are more fascinated by what Everton do, which is fair enough. But as I don't care what they do, you won't see me posting about them. They're about as relevant in my life as Exeter.

I'm not going to apologise for holding Rafa's record to account, and I'm not going to apologise for wanting to see justice done in our sport, as in any other walk of life, and I stand by every word posted. I've been on the wrong end of crap decisions for decades that couldn't be changed when they had to be changed. If you assume that I'm on a wind up, then you're wrong or to borrow one of Jürgen's phrases, "I can't help this person". But I will still say what I have to say, whether I'm in an army of one or one million.

Quick Reply