Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

VAR has to go

Read 46285 times
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Re: VAR has to go
      Reply #253: Feb 13, 2021 09:10:40 pm
      No Firmino gets a touch on the ball when it's played in and my guess is VAR are calling the Leicester players onside because of that.

Can honestly say I didnā€™t see that. Was watching on my phone though.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #254: Feb 13, 2021 09:12:03 pm
      Can honestly say I didnā€™t see that. Was watching on my phone though.

Didn't see it first time only when they applied that green line and seen the 2nd replay and saw Bobby gets  a touch. That's my take on it anyway.
      saille29
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,483 posts | 240 
      Reply #255: Feb 13, 2021 09:12:32 pm
      No Firmino gets a touch on the ball when it's played in and my guess is VAR are calling the Leicester players onside because of that.

You've hit the nail on the head with your guess !
      What are the facts ffs
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #256: Feb 13, 2021 09:20:45 pm
      You've hit the nail on the head with your guess !
      What are the facts ffs

Facts being the current onside rules, F**k that trying to work them out and then apply the video bullshit :laugh:
      scotscouse
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts | 40 
      Reply #257: Feb 14, 2021 11:00:07 am
      Talking of nails ,players better cut them before K/O it could be the difference if a goal is offside or not
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #258: Feb 14, 2021 03:42:48 pm
      The useless cu*ts have just tried to give United another soft penalty when the United player was off side and it wasn't even checked F***ing USSLESS,  will kill the enjoyment of the game
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #259: Feb 14, 2021 04:05:42 pm
      The useless cu*ts have just tried to give United another soft penalty when the United player was off side and it wasn't even checked F***ing USSLESS,  will kill the enjoyment of the game

Will? Already has with all the rule changes and fouls/cards given for negligible contact.

Football stopped being ā€œthe beautiful gameā€ a long time ago unfortunately. Still good to watch, but not what we used to love...

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #260: Feb 15, 2021 06:42:25 am
      The decision that really sticks in my mind is the Utd vs Villa game, where Pogba tripped himself over, ref awards a pen as does VAR, even though itā€™s clear to see to even a blind man that PP trips over his own leg. Then there is the assault on VVD by Pickford that is ignored because of ā€œoffsideā€. So because you MAY be offside, an horrific tackle that ends your season is allowed to go unpunished? Proper sh*te!

The center ref even admitted later that they blew it in not giving a red along with the offside, but a red for that tackle should have meant at least a three-match suspension like the one with Richarlison on Thiago. Why no suspension them for Pickford?
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #261: Feb 15, 2021 10:34:13 am
      Do we need to check the rotation  of the sun now?

https://twitter.com/LiverpoolFF/status/1361027184723431425?s=19
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #262: Feb 15, 2021 10:52:55 am
      Need to stop annoying ourselves, all fans do, over ut. We have no control over it.

Its killing the game and giving attention to people who should be in the shadows. Every team is getting hit by it. Its embarrasing for the authorities and killing the game
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #263: Feb 15, 2021 07:38:24 pm
      Quote from MarkMitt
      The decision that really sticks in my mind is the Utd vs Villa game, where Pogba tripped himself over, ref awards a pen as does VAR, even though itā€™s clear to see to even a blind man that PP trips over his own leg. Then there is the assault on VVD by Pickford that is ignored because of ā€œoffsideā€. So because you MAY be offside, an horrific tackle that ends your season is allowed to go unpunished? Proper sh*te!

VAR doesn't award anything. He assists the ref only. It's called that for a reason.

Quote from tezmac

It was checked, the penalty decision by the ref was overturned, and the mancs dropped more points. I enjoyed it.

Without VAR the decision stands, the cheats win again, and they still think they're going to win the league.

Quote from chats
      When it's that tight you go with the onfield call and get on with it.

No you don't. You go with the evidence, and the green line clearly shows that Firmino is playing everyone onside, so the offside call must be overturned, much as I wish it didn't. Millimetres matter at the end of May.

At least we had VAR, to overturn the penalty injustice given on the pitch. Unfortunately it just delayed the equaliser by a few seconds, but I can't complain, as the VAR was again correct on the incident and what resulted from it. That is fair play in operation.

Quote from sore monad
      When will they make the decision on whether they use it again next season? Could do with some kind of fans protest or something to let them know it isn't wanted Online petition, cancelling Sly subscriptions til it's gone, something like that to let them know it is not wanted. It's ruining the game for me.

I was delighted that we got the penalty against us overturned. If it couldn't, it would definitely have ruined the game for me.

There is no decision to be made. VAR is now a permanent, irreversible feature in our league and European games. So you either like it or live with it. Take your pick between them.

You do have the choice to protest, petition or cancel your subscription services. However, it cannot and will not influence any decision on the pitch.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #264: Feb 15, 2021 08:18:02 pm
      VAR doesn't award anything. He assists the ref only. It's called that for a reason.

It was checked, the penalty decision by the ref was overturned, and the mancs dropped more points. I enjoyed it.

Without VAR the decision stands, the cheats win again, and they still think they're going to win the league.

No you don't. You go with the evidence, and the green line clearly shows that Firmino is playing everyone onside, so the offside call must be overturned, much as I wish it didn't. Millimetres matter at the end of May.

At least we had VAR, to overturn the penalty injustice given on the pitch. Unfortunately it just delayed the equaliser by a few seconds, but I can't complain, as the VAR was again correct on the incident and what resulted from it. That is fair play in operation.

I was delighted that we got the penalty against us overturned. If it couldn't, it would definitely have ruined the game for me.

There is no decision to be made. VAR is now a permanent, irreversible feature in our league and European games. So you either like it or live with it. Take your pick between them.

You do have the choice to protest, petition or cancel your subscription services. However, it cannot and will not influence any decision on the pitch.

F**k those lines man they are subjective. You don't know and the refs don't know the exact moment the ball contacts the foot.

Going off Bobby's shadow absolute amateur hour at best.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #265: Feb 15, 2021 08:35:56 pm
      F**k those lines man they are subjective. You don't know and the refs don't know the exact moment the ball contacts the foot.

Donā€™t try argue with him please, I canā€™t take another of his ā€˜matter of factā€™ posts about VAR.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #266: Feb 15, 2021 09:20:02 pm

Do you have shares in the company that provides the VAR ?

Can only be the reason you defend its use so much
      Ulsters_No1
      • Forum Youth Player

• 21 posts | 10 
      Reply #267: Feb 16, 2021 09:44:40 am

VAR is a load of sh*te.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #268: Feb 16, 2021 10:33:34 am

Don't beat around the bush mate....😊
      Ulsters_No1
      • Forum Youth Player

• 21 posts | 10 
      Reply #269: Feb 16, 2021 11:29:10 am
      Don't beat around the bush mate....😊

Definitely not mate. Hate it with a passion and what it has become. I had high hopes for it when it was first implemented but this season has been ludicrous in how they have applied it & the inconsistency of decisions is beyond baffling.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #270: Feb 16, 2021 01:22:38 pm
      Definitely not mate. Hate it with a passion and what it has become. I had high hopes for it when it was first implemented but this season has been ludicrous in how they have applied it & the inconsistency of decisions is beyond baffling.

I'm with you.

Said it before, when the idea of it was put forward I thought,  sound, there will be some new experts with this revolutionary thing that cuts out any doubts. Instead,  we have the same nobheads, multi tasking and still pandering to the corrupt powers that be.
      Ulsters_No1
      • Forum Youth Player

• 21 posts | 10 
      Reply #271: Feb 16, 2021 01:55:03 pm
      My biggest hate with it is the camera angles we get shown - I have yet to see an angle shown that looks dead across the line (like the view the linesman would have). Everytime we are shown a review its at an acute angle which makes it absolutely impossible to determine anything!

Need to stop talking about it now as Im getting angryyyyy  :mad: :f_steam:
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #272: Feb 16, 2021 04:54:16 pm
      As has been said many times before. VAR is fine, its the incompetent fools operating it that makes a mockery of it !
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #273: Feb 19, 2021 03:57:05 pm

Quote from Ulsters_No1
      My biggest hate with it is the camera angles we get shown - I have yet to see an angle shown that looks dead across the line (like the view the linesman would have). Everytime we are shown a review its at an acute angle which makes it absolutely impossible to determine anything!

You won't see anything with the view of a linesman. If he can't spot a keeper walking off his line at penalties, he's certainly not going to spot if a kneecap of a forward is on or offside, at the time the ball was played to him.

There are 30 odd cameras at games. The video operator in the park uses the best one, puts it on screen for the VAR to make the call, and then shows it to the ref on the monitor if required.

Quote from fields of anny rd

His foot plays them onside. It's the only thing about the decision that matters tbh. We've got those tight calls our way this season, we'll get them again, but at times they'll go against us and unfortunately this was one of them.

I don't question the technology at all because it's the most accurate available. But even if it is only 99.99999999999999999% accurate, it is still far more trustworthy than having to rely on a linesman trying to judge a tight call when he's 30 yards away from the action with several players in his way.

Quote from RedWilly
      I canā€™t take another of his ā€˜matter of factā€™ posts about VAR.

You find that there's two ways of arguing  about VAR. The conspiracy theory method which is very popular, or the facts. I prefer to deal with the latter, as VAR is all about facts. McAteer is still crying on our channel about "wrong decisions" against us, last and previous weekends. 50 years old, defended for his club and his country for a living, played in 2 World Cups, and even with the lines drawn out for him, he still doesn't know when a forward is onside or not. While Steve Hunter is too busy reeling off all the conspiracies during his commentaries when VAR has to step in, to even notice what's going on in front of him.

Let the officials referee the game. They're there to apply the laws as they stand in a fair and impartial manner, not the ones we like, when it suits us. Sorry if you can't take the facts, but by the laws of the game as they currently stand, The VAR decisions last week were correct. The VAR decisions in the Brighton game were correct. The VAR decisions in the Spurs game were correct. The VAR offside calls in the derby were correct. The VAR decisions in Denmark were correct. The VAR offside call at home to Sheffield United was correct. The VAR decision to overturn the penalty given in the Wolves game was correct. The VAR decision to advise a penalty and red card be given in the game between Chelsea v City last summer was correct. That's just decisions affecting this club, let alone the other 19 in the league.

It's no different emotionally to when a goal was ruled out before VAR, except it was usually wrong. Like everyone else I hate when VAR decisions go against us, the difference now is, I can't complain about them as they are correct decisions and that is fair play in action. Therefore VAR is very much here to stay.
      saille29
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,483 posts | 240 
      Reply #274: Feb 20, 2021 11:33:11 pm
      Var is F***ing pointless, I thought the blueshites peno was shocking, just seen the Fulham v sheff utd
      bullshit, why is no one accountable
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #275: Feb 20, 2021 11:55:03 pm
      You won't see anything with the view of a linesman. If he can't spot a keeper walking off his line at penalties, he's certainly not going to spot if a kneecap of a forward is on or offside, at the time the ball was played to him.

There are 30 odd cameras at games. The video operator in the park uses the best one, puts it on screen for the VAR to make the call, and then shows it to the ref on the monitor if required.

His foot plays them onside. It's the only thing about the decision that matters tbh. We've got those tight calls our way this season, we'll get them again, but at times they'll go against us and unfortunately this was one of them.

I don't question the technology at all because it's the most accurate available. But even if it is only 99.99999999999999999% accurate, it is still far more trustworthy than having to rely on a linesman trying to judge a tight call when he's 30 yards away from the action with several players in his way.

You find that there's two ways of arguing  about VAR. The conspiracy theory method which is very popular, or the facts. I prefer to deal with the latter, as VAR is all about facts. McAteer is still crying on our channel about "wrong decisions" against us, last and previous weekends. 50 years old, defended for his club and his country for a living, played in 2 World Cups, and even with the lines drawn out for him, he still doesn't know when a forward is onside or not. While Steve Hunter is too busy reeling off all the conspiracies during his commentaries when VAR has to step in, to even notice what's going on in front of him.

Let the officials referee the game. They're there to apply the laws as they stand in a fair and impartial manner, not the ones we like, when it suits us. Sorry if you can't take the facts, but by the laws of the game as they currently stand, The VAR decisions last week were correct. The VAR decisions in the Brighton game were correct. The VAR decisions in the Spurs game were correct. The VAR offside calls in the derby were correct. The VAR decisions in Denmark were correct. The VAR offside call at home to Sheffield United was correct. The VAR decision to overturn the penalty given in the Wolves game was correct. The VAR decision to advise a penalty and red card be given in the game between Chelsea v City last summer was correct. That's just decisions affecting this club, let alone the other 19 in the league.

It's no different emotionally to when a goal was ruled out before VAR, except it was usually wrong. Like everyone else I hate when VAR decisions go against us, the difference now is, I can't complain about them as they are correct decisions and that is fair play in action. Therefore VAR is very much here to stay.

Do you accept that the moment a ball is kicked will be spread over more than one frame of a 25 frame per second TV recording? If not, you're kidding yourself.
      If so, how do you decide which frame to choose in deciding whether someone is offside or not? (Specific answer please.)

Quick Reply