Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

VAR has to go

Read 46354 times
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,251 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Re: VAR has to go
      Reply #276: Feb 21, 2021 01:03:47 pm
      What is the point, there's a lot of money in this game, if this carries on, there won't be.

It's literally, you say potato, I say parrtayo.

https://twitter.com/NeilDocking/status/1363272200317468673?s=19
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #277: Feb 21, 2021 01:27:41 pm
      What is the point, there's a lot of money in this game, if this carries on, there won't be.

It's literally, you say potato, I say parrtayo.

https://twitter.com/NeilDocking/status/1363272200317468673?s=19

This all day mate.
      The officials are faulted, for whatever reason their judgement is impaired.
      The F***ing irony is the system that purports to eradicate these unbelievable errors is monitored by the visually impaired officials - all with the blessing of the FA of course.

The blind leading the blind was never more appropriate.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #278: Feb 21, 2021 01:53:02 pm
      Sad part about all this, it would be so easy to implement VAR fairly but the FA isnā€™t interested  in it making the game fair. Itā€™s just trying to show they are using technology and staying ā€œrelevantā€.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #279: Feb 21, 2021 09:39:14 pm
      Iā€™ve watched the penalty about 20 times and have to laugh at the decision every time ,I mean how the F**k is that a penalty?????
      And that ref just literally dismissed VAR he wasnā€™t F***ing interested at all ā€œIā€™m right the endā€what a knob.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #280: Feb 21, 2021 09:47:57 pm
      Do you accept that the moment a ball is kicked will be spread over more than one frame of a 25 frame per second TV recording? If not, you're kidding yourself.
      If so, how do you decide which frame to choose in deciding whether someone is offside or not? (Specific answer please.)

Do you accept that the moment a ball is kicked will be spread over more than one frame of a 25 frame per second TV recording? If not, you're kidding yourself.
      If so, how do you decide which frame to choose in deciding whether someone is offside or not? (Specific answer please.)

HD format is generally 50/60hz isnā€™t it?

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #281: Feb 21, 2021 09:50:19 pm
      Sad part about all this, it would be so easy to implement VAR fairly but the FA isnā€™t interested  in it making the game fair. Itā€™s just trying to show they are using technology and staying ā€œrelevantā€.

Nutshell
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #282: Feb 22, 2021 08:41:47 pm
      Quote from sore monad
      Do you accept that the moment a ball is kicked will be spread over more than one frame of a 25 frame per second TV recording?

You use what you have available. The frame is frozen at the point the ball is released, so if you're in an on/offside position at that time, you will be found. The difference between frame rates is so minute as to be insignificant imo. Even if you argue otherwise, it's still far more reliable than a linesman trying to make an accurate judgement of a knee or toe or shoulder in a crowded penalty area. He's only guessing most of the time, like flipping a coin. Occasionally he would be right, often he would be wrong, and with so much at stake, that's simply not good enough.

At least we now have physical evidence to show why the decision was made. Yes our hearts sink when we have an offside decision against us because of the sleeve or the knee or the heel, or when you see the penalty incident at Brighton, but that's not the VAR's problem. That's the rules applied as they stand, not as we want them to be.
      Jurgenabelieveus
      • Banned

• 48 posts | 11 
      Reply #283: Mar 02, 2021 08:57:16 am
      The difference between frame rates is so minute as to be insignificant

As are the apparent decisions theyā€™re making using the technology

For me being so minute itā€™s making the game far too clinical and taking away the passion and release from the game, especially watching at home as we are having to do currently
      I canā€™t find myself letting go anymore and thatā€™s not what football is about

Personally Iā€™d rather have the human errors in the moment than a human error looked at 30 times and still making a human error

At least then, right or wrong you can have that natural release that football should bring

For me anyway
      lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #284: Mar 03, 2021 07:39:27 pm
      Quote from Jurgenabelieveus
      As are the apparent decisions theyā€™re making using the technology

For me being so minute itā€™s making the game far too clinical and taking away the passion and release from the game, especially watching at home as we are having to do currently
      I canā€™t find myself letting go anymore and thatā€™s not what football is about

Personally Iā€™d rather have the human errors in the moment than a human error looked at 30 times and still making a human error

At least then, right or wrong you can have that natural release that football should bring

For me anyway

Sorry if it makes the game too clinical, but just last weekend, there were 4 major incidents in England, that show why human error can't be tolerated. 3 of them in the EPL, at West Brom, Chelsea, and involving us. At West Brom, the ref was grateful that VAR could help clean up his mess. At Chelsea, the VAR gave the ref every opportunity to look at a key penalty incident and decide for himself. In our game, I celebrated our first goal knowing the cross would have to be checked. I was amazed it originally stood tbh, but I was happy it was checked and it was fine.

The alternative is the incident in the Derby v Forest local derby, where a cheat scored an important equaliser after handling the ball. Everyone knew it was handball except those who needed to know on the pitch. I'm glad those days are gone from our league.

For all the talk of "accepting" human errors, it's all a big lie. When the handful of human errors have stood this season, there has been, rightly, outrage and uproar. So VAR is absolutely essential. It doesn't affect the passion or emotion any more than when technology needs to be used in other sports. No it's not what it used to be but it can't be. Time moves on, and so does football.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,021 posts | 2742 
      Reply #285: Mar 03, 2021 07:45:36 pm
      Another dreadful mistake to send Jagielka off tonight.

Getting farcical now.
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,101 posts | 125 
      Reply #286: Mar 03, 2021 09:32:20 pm
      Var is a match fixers dream. When this came in, everyone thought it cannot happen, but get real, as if officials, are bad referees,and cannot see what the the rest of the world can, or they are corrupt?.   Do'es anyone who have watched footy al their lives, trust FIFA, EUFA, or even the FA.   They are all self governing bodies, and got nobody to answer to but themselves.  They have ruined the game I played and support(ed)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #287: Mar 04, 2021 05:34:37 pm

And F***ing boring.
      Jurgenabelieveus
      • Banned

• 48 posts | 11 
      Reply #288: Mar 04, 2021 06:51:39 pm

And not what we got into it for

F***ing sh*te
      saille29
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,483 posts | 240 
      Reply #289: Mar 04, 2021 07:57:26 pm
      Var is so F***ing disgraceful, wba v neverton
      Don't get me wrong he was probably offside but F**k me the freeze frame didn't even show the players only a wba foot and a line, the lengthy sh*t we have to put up with to disprove it was a goal for similar is infuriating
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #290: Mar 04, 2021 11:59:14 pm
      If that was against us, that Kante handball, the pen would have been given.

Hands up, in unnatural position inside the box, making himself bigger!

Handball every F***ing day of the week unless itā€™s for Us!
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #291: Mar 06, 2021 03:20:47 pm
      VAR ā€œhappyā€ to scrap offside lines as lawmakers consider Arsene Wengerā€™s new proposal

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2021/03/var-happy-to-scrap-offside-lines-as-lawmakers-consider-arsene-wengers-new-proposal/
      lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #292: Mar 07, 2021 10:58:11 am
      Quote from chats
      Another dreadful mistake to send Jagielka off tonight.

Reckless. Dogso. Three game ban.

Quote from saille29
      Var is so F***ing disgraceful, wba v neverton
      Don't get me wrong he was probably offside

There was no probably about it. He was spotted offside by the linesman. Case closed.

Quote from redtiler
      Var is a match fixers dream. When this came in, everyone thought it cannot happen, but get real, as if officials, are bad referees,and cannot see what the the rest of the world can, or they are corrupt?.   Do'es anyone who have watched footy al their lives, trust FIFA, EUFA, or even the FA.   They are all self governing bodies, and got nobody to answer to but themselves.  They have ruined the game I played and support(ed)

Matches are not fixed. The refs get to see everything they need to see, and we get to see them doing it. Every game is shown live, there's nowhere to hide. So if you still can't trust them, that's a matter for you.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #293: Mar 07, 2021 11:07:12 am
      I donā€™t understand why we have an employee of VAR on the forum...
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #294: Mar 07, 2021 11:45:15 am
      I donā€™t understand why we have an employee of VAR on the forum...

He is literally like only person left on planet Earth who actually thoroughly enjoys it being used, while the rest of us are tearing our hair out at all the F**k ups it's producing and he's still got to go balls deep.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #295: Mar 07, 2021 11:53:51 am
      Be more than happy to give the goal in the week to Werner.

I love Liverpool but would rather return to normal football than get these ridiculously tenuous decisions go for and against us.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #296: Mar 07, 2021 12:09:39 pm
      He is literally like only person left on planet Earth who actually thoroughly enjoys it being used, while the rest of us are tearing our hair out at all the f**k ups it's producing and he's still got to go balls deep.

I think heā€™s just happy now because heā€™s known on the forum, he probably doesnā€™t agree with it, but this gives him attention and the persona of a character on a forum... he just loves being known, even if itā€™s for being a idiot.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #297: Mar 07, 2021 12:11:30 pm
      I think heā€™s just happy now because heā€™s known on the forum, he probably doesnā€™t agree with it, but this gives me attention and the persona of a character on a forum... he just loves being known, even if itā€™s for being a idiot.

Already known for being vociferously anti-Rafa.

lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #298: Mar 07, 2021 10:55:28 pm
      Quote from fields of anny rd
      Be more than happy to give the goal in the week to Werner.

I love Liverpool but would rather return to normal football than get these ridiculously tenuous decisions go for and against us.

This is normal football. You can't give the goal as it's offside, nor should you be happy when an opponent scores against us, as it just makes our job even more difficult. Robbo set his offside trap, (he and the coaching team work on it all the time ) and the opponent was caught. It's happened since time began.

I've said before that I don't care if I'm the only person left on planet earth who enjoys it. I want VAR in more leagues and competitions, because it gets far more decisions right than wrong. It's about seeing justice done. Seeking justice is never enjoyable, it just has to be done, however long it takes. I think we know about that at this club more than most.

Quick Reply